• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: Intake of B6

Orange County, CA
      DJ Entries
      Ok, well I read in the dream recall tutorial that if you have some B6, it increases realism in dreams and helps with dream recall. When should the B6 be taken/consumed? I had a bannana before bed and rememberd a few dreams in the morning, and when I say remembered it was little bits and pieces of 2 dreams. So theres that. Also, any thing I can do other than journaling/B6 to help with recall? thanks!!
      "Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      A single banana probably isn't enough to get serious results. Get some 100mg B6 supplements and take two of them a half hour before bedtime. If that isn't enough, take three, but never more than that, for any reason. Also, be sure to only take B6 at most 2 times a week or so. There's some bad things that happen if you overdose on B6, so stick to the safe side. In reality, you probably wouldn't get any negative side effects unless you took 600mg or so, or if you took 300mg every night of the week, but better safe than sorry, eh?
      [23:17:23] <+Kaniaz> "You think I want to look like Leo Volont? Don't you dare"

Orange County, CA
      DJ Entries
      k sounds good, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDallas View Post
      k sounds good, thank you.
      [/b]
      I would be careful taking 200mg your first time. You may want to try a smaller dose at first, just to see how you handle it. Personally, I can barely sleep if I take 100mg. I wake up several times and never really feal like I actually fell asleep.

I take 50mg right before bed and hope to be asleep before I start to feel the effects. Everyone is different, and I am a bit sensitive to stimulants, so that is why I take such a small dose. But I do notice results with 50mg. It works best if I only do it once a week. I stop noticing results after a few days in a row, so it is better to space it out.
      UNBAN LEO</span></span>
      Neruo: "Expect for me ofcourse, I am special. lol. I really think that. I am rather intelligent"

Orange County, CA
      DJ Entries
      Yeah I don&#39;t think I&#39;ll take a very big does my first time if there IS a first time... I actually am starting to have very mild results with a banana before bed. thats only 6% daily value of B6 but it seems to be helping a little.

Mostly Harmless
      Unfortunately, bananas have too little B6 content to give you anything other than a placebo effect. Bananas can give you a decent portion of your reccommended daily intake, and as far as nutirtion is concerned, that&#39;s good.

Look. Here&#39;s a comparison.

A standard banana has 0.8mg of b6. Approximately.
      Reccomended minimum daily intake of b6 is 2mg. Approximately.
      A 200mg pill of b6 contains... duh... 200mg.

IF you want to get ANY effect recall and vividity-wise through b6, just eating a banana isn&#39;t going to do ANYTHING. It will provide nutrition, but, other than that nada, as far as dreaming goes. b6 pills are virtually the ONLY way to get enough of the stuff to have any real effect on your dreaming.

If you&#39;re going to take b6 in pill form, make sure you don&#39;t take it too often. I&#39;d restrict it to 100mg or 200mg, once a week.

I personally find that after taking b6, I have a slight headache the next morning. Long-term DAILY use can be dangerous.

Orange County, CA
      DJ Entries
      Yah I guess I was simply being affected by the placebo affect than... hm oh well. any affect is an affect.

Ev
      200 mg? are you people insane?

Btw, bananas are useful, as they provide a delayed release of B6 as well as starches and sugars that help raise your serotonin levels, and that in turn influences your dreams. Bananas do have an effect, but you gotta eat them in the middle of the night.

You need 25-50 mg of B6 to get the effect, you may try 100 mg once or twice a week.

DO NOT take it before going to bed, as you wont notice significant results. What you have to do is sleep for 4-6 hrs, and THEN take the pill with a glass of water. This achieves the desired effect.

B6 increases vividness, improves recall, heightens awareness and improves your chances of spontaneous lucidity. But you it takes a bit of getting used to. For the first few nights you will adjust to the effect and then you will notice results.

You may also try multivitamins, they also improve your recall.

Btw, B6 has a nice synergy with melatonin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev View Post
      200 mg? are you people insane?

Btw, bananas are useful, as they provide a delayed release of B6 as well as starches and sugars that help raise your serotonin levels, and that in turn influences your dreams. Bananas do have an effect, but you gotta eat them in the middle of the night.

You need 25-50 mg of B6 to get the effect, you may try 100 mg once or twice a week.

DO NOT take it before going to bed, as you wont notice significant results. What you have to do is sleep for 4-6 hrs, and THEN take the pill with a glass of water. This achieves the desired effect.

B6 increases vividness, improves recall, heightens awareness and improves your chances of spontaneous lucidity. But you it takes a bit of getting used to. For the first few nights you will adjust to the effect and then you will notice results.

You may also try multivitamins, they also improve your recall.
      Btw, B6 has a nice synergy with melatonin.
      [/b]
      So you&#39;re saying we take one tablet, but we get up in the middle of the night and take it? Is there any bad consequences of taking 200 or does it just get pointless taking more than 100, is it just a waste of tablet after that?
      Lord of the Rings quotes:

"Behold, I am not Gandalf the Grey, whom you betrayed. I am Gandalf the White, who has returned from death. You have no colour now, and I cast you from the order and from the Council." - Gandalf to Saruman, The Two Towers

"Men of Gondor and Rohan, my brothers&#33; I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails... when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when all hope comes crashing down, but it is NOT this day&#33; This day, we fight&#33; For all that you hold dear, stand, Men of the West&#33; - Aragorn

"Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall." - Glorfindel

"in Rivendell there live still some of his chief foes: the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power." - Gandalf

Orange County, CA
      DJ Entries
      No there are very serious side affects for overdosing on B6... go to the tutorials section and look at the Vitatmin B6 one. Lots of good info in there.

Ev
      There&#39;s little difference between 10, 25, 50 or 200 mg. If you take it right you will have all the effects by taking 10 mg without risking nerve damage. Yes, you have to take it in the middle of the night

See, some people say that 600 is toxicity level, but I saw it posted at 250, that&#39;s why I&#39;m saying that you shouldnt take 200 mg. Just google B6 side effects.

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      250&#39;s a way low number.
      I&#39;ve taken 300mg in one night and had no negative effects, and I know several people here on DV who&#39;ve done the same. If you can get results at 10, 50, or 100, by all means, do so. Personally, I&#39;ve never had a noticeable change unless I took over 200.

Is Vitamin B6 a woman&#39;s vitamin? Well not for one gender, but is it commonly a woman that takes them?
      Lord of the Rings quotes:

"Behold, I am not Gandalf the Grey, whom you betrayed. I am Gandalf the White, who has returned from death. You have no colour now, and I cast you from the order and from the Council." - Gandalf to Saruman, The Two Towers

"Men of Gondor and Rohan, my brothers&#33; I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails... when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when all hope comes crashing down, but it is NOT this day&#33; This day, we fight&#33; For all that you hold dear, stand, Men of the West&#33; - Aragorn

"Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall." - Glorfindel

"in Rivendell there live still some of his chief foes: the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power." - Gandalf

B6 has a very low toxicity, meaning that it&#39;s incredibly difficult to damage yourself by overdosing. It&#39;s water-soluble, so it enters and leaves your system very quickly and easily. Likely, the worst you&#39;ll get from taking too high a dosage, as a one-off thing, is bad diarrhoea.

That said, taking a dosage of over 100mg per day for a sustained amount of time is likely to cause tingling or numbness of the extremities. Repeatedly taking too high a dosage (I&#39;ve seen this at 250mg, 500mg, amongst other amounts) over a sustained period can lead to nerve damage to the arms and legs. I don&#39;t recommend taking more than 200mg a day anyway, as that&#39;s more than enough.

EDIT: Please don&#39;t take this all for fact, if you&#39;re really worried, seek a professional opinion.
      UNBAN LEO!

Adopted by Anelior

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      Yeah, B6 has a very high dosage before you get negative effects, but remember, even 50mg is something like 2,500% Daily Value.

So here&#39;s what you do. Take 50mg one night. I get results just taking it before bed, but as suggested earlier in the thread, you can take it in the middle of the night if that works better for you. If you don&#39;t get results, wait until THE NEXT WEEK, then take 100mg. Still no results, then ANOTHER WEEK later, you can take 200mg, but I wouldn&#39;t push it farther than that--if you still aren&#39;t having results, you probably won&#39;t be getting them by upping the dosage any further.
      IMPORTANT NOTE: If at any time during the process you feel tingling or burning in your fingers or extremities, STOP TAKING B6 for AT LEAST TWO WEEKS.

Orange County, CA
      DJ Entries
      sounds about right.

Be aware that you should also have a balance between the B vitamins. If you&#39;re taking B6 as part of a B complex, that&#39;s not so bad, but if you&#39;re taking B6 alone, avoid sustained use, as this disrupts the balance of B vitamins.

So, like Tsen said, take &#39;rest&#39; periods between large doses of B6.
      UNBAN LEO!

Adopted by Anelior

If you were to take 100 mg+ doses of Vitamin B6 regularly, wouldn&#39;t the body build up an immunity , and B6 would lose its effects on you.?

And also is it safe for me to take B6 every night [ i take it in 2 pills of 2mg, which is 4mg a night(this is really small i know, but its the strongest i can find)]

And does Vitamin B12 have similar effects to B6? (as the pills i take are actually for &#39;energy release&#39; and contain: B1 + B2 + B6 + B12 , and aload of other things)

--&#62;Sorry if i am offtopic

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      [img]broken link removed[/img]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Lucid Dream Count = 3

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      B12 doesn&#39;t have the same effects. It&#39;s something to do with how your body metabolizes B6.

Anyway, taking 4-6mg of B6 nightly won&#39;t hurt you, in fact at that levels it&#39;s beneficial. It&#39;s only when you get into high doses on a regular basis that you have to worry.

And to the other question, no, you can&#39;t build up a resistance to B6 as far as I know. Especially not at that dose (Remember, 100mg=5000% of normal)

By the way, GNC stores all have B6 in higher doses if you want. I bought 100mg pills, but you can get them in 10mg if you want.

Mostly Harmless
      I never get the tinglies, but, I DO occaisionally get headaches the morning after, and feel a bit crappier than usual. Which is kind of ironic, since B6 is usually taken by women to relieve PMS symptoms.

Orange County, CA
      DJ Entries
      taken to relieve PMS? thats wierd. wonder what it does to take away the symptoms...