• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: vitamin B-6

vitamin B-6

I was told awhile ago that vitamin B-6 helps in dream recollection, so I went and bought some sublingual B-6, the kind that dissolves in your mouth and goes right into your bloodstream so you absorb it all right away. So I have been taking a tablet every night right as I am laying down to sleep and have noticed that I not only remember my dreams better but also that they are more clear and deeper than normal. Anyone else ever heard of B-6 and dreams? Personally they seem to work, give it a try and see what you think....

Peace,
      Raven
      enraptured in the visceral night, the beast bled the world and understood everything...

Re: vitamin B-6

Originally posted by NebuliRaven
      I was told awhile ago that vitamin B-6 helps in dream recollection, so I went and bought some sublingual B-6, the kind that dissolves in your mouth and goes right into your bloodstream so you absorb it all right away. *So I have been taking a tablet every night right as I am laying down to sleep and have noticed that I not only remember my dreams better but also that they are more clear and deeper than normal. *Anyone else ever heard of B-6 and dreams? *Personally they seem to work, give it a try and see what you think....
      I've been using a B6 supplement w/ glass of milk before bed for about 1-1/2 weeks now - haven't noticed a thing....

Try more of the B-6 and no milk. Also, the sublingual B-6 is the way to go. Let me know....
      enraptured in the visceral night, the beast bled the world and understood everything...

Ev
      Vitamin B6 is *MAGIC* vitamin.

In combination with melatonin it produces "oscar winning" epic dreams.

if used in the middle of the night, combined with MILD, or WILD method, it produces a jolt of awareness, that triggers lucidity.

Another thing I've noticed is: I'm *much* more aware in my dreams. And Sometimes I have limited superpowers, which are very much fun to play with.

One time I took quite a bit of B-6 and had a wonderful dream where I flew around with fire streaming from my legs like a jet propulsion system and could fly right thru buildings and mountains and things... It was superbly fantastic! B-6 is good stuff, I read about someone taking a gram to a gram and a half of B-6 along with melatonin, where would one get such a concentrated high amount of B-6? Liquid form or capsule or what? I have sublingual that are only 25 MG each and I take about three every night and have super dreams so I am interested to take a gram, which would be the equivalant of about forty of the pills I am currently taking.... what the hell would happen then???

Peace and love,
      RavenWind

Ev
      I wouldnt advise taking that much.

(quote)
      B6 is required to make serotonin from l-tryptophan, and increases serotonin functioning

(Possible) 200 mg/day has been reported to produce dependency, 2-6 grams taken over the course of several months can cause sensory neuropathy (numb extremities, loss of balance).

There are no known toxic effects, however, doses in very large amounts taken for a prolonged time can cause nerve damage. 2000-6000 mg/day of vitamin B6 can create serious side effects like impairment of sensory nerves including burning sensations, pain in limbs, numb skin, clumsiness and loss of balance

Tobacco use decreases the absorption of Vitamin B6.

http://nutritionfocus.com/nutrition_supple...vitamin_b6.html

Happy Dreamer Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Somewhere..over the rainbow
      I took b vits for some time, to increase my recall abit, it sometimes sucks abit..I forgot parts of dreams, and lines that were said, but it didnt help shit...lol
      "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
      ~Buddha

CT
      So B-6 doesnt really work? I was thinking of pickup up some pills.

B-6 totally works! It helps with recall as well as lucidity and clarity. But like anything, too much is not good. As I said before, I take about 75 MG a night and it does wonders for my work in the dream time. Try it for yourself and see, I am sure that everyone is different....

Good luck,
      Peace and light,
      RavenWind

Northwest Australia
      (its funny im actually replying to this thread after finding it on the second page of google after typing in sublingual B-6 after reading this original thread from the forum)

ive so far read that alot of sublingual B-6 vitamins come in 25mg doeses..is that the adverage?

alot of australian websites only offer normal capsule or tablket form but some are very concentrated..im not sure if i was reading total mg or each intake though??
      n00bs i love you
      Pics
      http://www.myspace.com/xisdence
      Sig pic made by aquanina
      wuv ya

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Xisdence-xissig.jpg

the ocean...
      So how much can one 'healthily' take per night?

I have 100mg tablets...will this do?
      "i am the crumpled sheets of paper behind an artists' attempt at perfection"

www.myspace.com/mattnocas (more recent pics and info)
      Pictures of me here-----> (4 years old now)
      http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5073

Originally posted by Lowercase Society
      So how much can one 'healthily' take per night?

I have 100mg tablets...will this do?
      I've been taking 100mg tables nightly, but I don't notice any affect one way or another on my dreams. I have tended to notice details more, but that's just because I'm paying attention to it now as opposed to before I started taking B6 it wasn't that big a priority.

Is there an "effect" that's easily identifiable that will more or less prove the B6 is actually working?

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      I just went out looking for Sublingual B-6 and couldnt find any and the pharmasist said she never heard of them then i looked on the net again and found Sublingual B-12 and it had B6 in it.....so did you buy Sublingual B-12 tablets??

CT
      Hmmm, might try this out along with melatonin.
      Can you just walk in a pharmacy and ask for a jar of melatonin ? ?

the ocean...
      With antidepressants, such as Prozac, or any other serotonin re-uptakers take at least a month to start having an effect.

It could be the same thing with ANY drug that effects neurological functioning...
      "i am the crumpled sheets of paper behind an artists' attempt at perfection"

www.myspace.com/mattnocas (more recent pics and info)
      Pictures of me here-----> (4 years old now)
      http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5073

Lurker

vjitamin B-6

Vitamin B-6 is a "co-enzyme". The other enzyme that it partners with is magnesium. When the two are taken in combination, they are both much more effective. Magnesium deficiency is common, and when that is the case, the vitamin B-6 will have trouble working.
      Magnesium is needed for a calm sleep, high blood pressure and blood sugar problems. This combo is needed for carpel tunnel also.
      When taking sopplements, give the deficiency time to resolve before expecting noticable results. If you are lacking magnesium, for example, your B-6 will not work for dream recall until you have taken enough of the combo to resolve the deficiency.

Millie

Undisclosed location

Re: vjitamin B-6

Originally posted by Millie
      Vitamin B-6 is a \"co-enzyme\". *The other enzyme that it partners with is magnesium. When the two are taken in combination, they are both much more effective. Magnesium deficiency is common, and when that is the case, the vitamin B-6 will have trouble working.
      Magnesium is needed for a calm sleep, high blood pressure and blood sugar problems. This combo is needed for carpel tunnel also.
      When taking sopplements, give the deficiency time to resolve before expecting noticable results. If you are lacking magnesium, for example, your B-6 will not work for dream recall until you have taken enough of the combo to resolve the deficiency.

Millie
      Hello Millie
      Welcome and thanks for the information. there is a lot of here say when it comes to supplements - It gets confusing. this works that works bla bla!

Lurker
      Howetzer:
      Thanks for the welcome. Yes there is a lot of heresay, but I get my information from research and documented results. And then there is personal experience. I have no use for heresay on this or any other subject.

B-6, by the way, should be taken in the morning. It can keep you awake if taken at bed time. Divide the magnesium dose so you take half at bed time and half in the morning with the B-6. Never take it on an empty stomach. It can cause nausea.
      Women who take birth control pills or other hormone replacement tend to develope a B-6 deficiency that tends to be accompanied by depression. A visit to the doctor gets them a prescription for an antidepressant instead of the lacking B-6.
      And they can't remember their dreams....

Millie

what are common signs of a magnesium deficiency?? i've experimented with b-6 and haven't experienced any better dream recall, and often trouble falling asleep after taking it, along w/melatonin. should i wait a month?? should i get some magnesium??
      "You will cease to exist!!"

*GASP* "But existing is all I practically do!!!"

Undisclosed location
      Originally posted by Millie
      Howetzer:
      Thanks for the welcome. Yes there is a lot of heresay, but I get my information from research and documented results. And then there is personal experience. I have no use for heresay on this or any other subject.

B-6, by the way, should be taken in the morning. It can keep you awake if taken at bed time. Divide the magnesium dose so you take half at bed time and half in the morning with the B-6. Never take it on an empty stomach. It can cause nausea.
      Women who take birth control pills or other hormone replacement tend to develope a B-6 deficiency that tends to be accompanied by depression. A visit to the doctor gets them a prescription for an antidepressant instead of the lacking B-6.
      And they can't remember their dreams....

Millie
      Ah. More good info. I was taking B-6 at night and on an empty stomach, hoping to improve dream recall. I slept like crap and felt like crap.
      -How long does the B vitamin stay in your sysytem? I understand that it is a vitamin that the body does not store, Correct?
      By the way, I did not mean to imply that your comments were here say!!!

Now that I think about it... I'm not gonna take b6. For one, I don't want to become dependant on it, and I kind of would like to keep my nerves. I guess I should get used to writing in a dream journal and doing reality checks.

Originally posted by Ev
      Tobacco use decreases the absorption of Vitamin B6.
      anyone else here smoke and use B6? how much do you take? what does everyone else think i should take? eh... i've been thinking about quitting anyways, here's an actual reason to .

-lor4x
      I AM alaurast78'S FATEFULL <STRIKE>SERVANT</STRIKE> ADOPTEE :-)

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.". -Socrates

Michigan
      im not sure where u ppl live or if u can find this n the stores around u.
      but i can get them here n gas stations party stores. they have been around here for 1 month. its a drink. its called stacker 2 stinger y2j
      {yellow jackets} it has a vit b pack i wish i had an empty can here with me to tell ya ingred.
      i was on another thread that this one was posted on.

funny i was taking this alot with other supplements and such for 2 yrs or so. then for the last 3 wks i stopped... and 4 hrs before i came on the site i took it seeing the post on it. also i was lucid and great recall for long time. but these last 3 wks... not 1 lucid{that might mean ill lucid tonight } and my dream recall been bad... this also tends to mean im n for a bigdream.... :yumdumdoodledum:
      Know not what is there,but know what isn't. With this u can have the power to selfwill.

what is sublingual B-6?? is it the same as vitamine b-6?

Undisclosed location
      Originally posted by baconmastermind
      Now that I think about it... I'm not gonna take b6. For one, I don't want to become dependant on it, and I kind of would like to keep my nerves. I guess I should get used to writing in a dream journal and doing reality checks.
      Your body does not store B vitamins and it is not a catagory of supplements that you can become dependent on. Of coarse too much of anything is not good.
      Try foods with the b vitamins in them. get them the natural way. I think I heard bananas are good for that ?!?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast