• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      I'm adding this technique under the Attaining Lucidity section as an indirect method of attaining lucidity, because the easier a person is able to get to sleep, and the more dreams they are able to have, the more chances they will have to become lucid.

I discovered the below technique by accident about 3 weeks ago, while working on strengthening my eye muscles, and have been using it ever since to fall asleep, not just once a night, but several times a night as I am constantly awakened by my dreams, after which I get up and record them. And it works. The technique should either put you to sleep, or else put you in such a relaxed state that you can experience a WILD from it.

Here's the technique, something so simple I'm surprised it took so long for me to discover it.

1) Lay down in bed with your eyes closed and thiink about how comfortable your bed feels, allowing your
      entire body to sink into the bed. After a minute or two open your eyes and begin the following exercises.
      2) Look up, then look down. That is one repetition. Do 29 more for a total of 30.
      3) Look to the right, then to the left. That is one repetition. Do 29 more for a total of 30.
      4) Rotate your eyes in a complete circle to the right. Do a total of 30 of these.
      5) Rotate your eyes in a complete circle to the left. Do a total of 30 of these.

6) As an alternative to exercises 4 and 5 you can try doing figure 8's with your eyes as this combines exercise 4 and 5 into a single exercise. One thing I've found that works well with this exercise when the eyes are closed is concentrating on different chakras while doing the movements, concentrating on the top of the head or crown chakra or behind the eyes or brow chakra at the top, concentrating on the throat area or throat chakra while in the middle of the figure 8, and then concentrating on the heart region or heart chakra at the bottom of the exercise.

(The movements seem to work best if done slowly and deliberately in a stretching type of movement, moving the eyes as far up and down, right and left, etc, as possible).

By this time you should have either fallen asleep, or else be in a very relaxed state in which your mind is very still and you are able to drift off to sleep.

At this point you can either do nothing, and drift off to sleep, or continue the eye exercises, doing them with your eyes closed. If you are doing the eye exercises with your eyes closed, it can be helpful to visualize the number you are on when counting, and visualizing the word DEEPER at the other end of the count movement.

If at any time you should begin to see images, shift your concentration to the images to strenthen the images and draw yourself into the scenery.

I would be interested in knowing what kind of experiences other people have with this technique, and any suggestions they might have on using it to become lucid.

If the technique does not work for you, don't fret. You will at least have strenthened your eyes by doing it.

I'll give this a try sometime.
      Total LD's: 6
      WILD:
      MILD:
      DILD:5
      FILD:1

Ontario, Canada
      I'll do the same . I find it impossible to fall asleep fast. It takes me at least and hour . Though, what first came to mind to fall asleep 10 min or less would be the old fashion hit to the back of the head.

Yeah, i'll have to try this sometime.

Banned
      I've tried this once and it did not work for me... but if it works for you, keep doing it by all means!

Toast
      Undisclosed :O
      I'll try it tonight

Will also try this tonight.

Me too, and I'll report back.
      I will some day legally change my name to:

"Simquatti Charles Moses Solomon Gunther Schmupak, Magical Ninja Reverend LXXIV"

Lucid Count: 7

Tried this while listening to my iPod for a WILD. Didn't succeed in the WILD, but I did succeed in getting SP amazingly fast for me, which is good I guess .
      WILD:
      MILD:
      DILD:5
      FILD:1

Amsterdam
      Quote Originally Posted by ;377577
      Though, what first came to mind to fall asleep 10 min or less would be the old fashion hit to the back of the head.
      [/b]
      Yar! I just bang my head against the wall a few times and fall asleep in less than 10 seconds.

Honestly though, this sounds nice. It probably will be more effective for those lucky enough to fall asleep quickly already, but who knows, using it together with something like the 61 point relaxation technique may really help.
      A dream
      is a reality that others cannot see.
      Reality
      is a dream you share with others.

l3xicon
      Drink lots of milk, it makes you sleepy.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      New Hampshire, United States
      im confused.......

4) Make a complete circle with your eyes to the right ending back up at the top. Do a total of 30 of these.
      5) Make a complete circle with your eyes to the left ending back up at the top. Do a total of 30 of these.

explain this part

im confused.......

4) Make a complete circle with your eyes to the right ending back up at the top. Do a total of 30 of these.
      5) Make a complete circle with your eyes to the left ending back up at the top. Do a total of 30 of these.

explain this part

vapaa
      about how fast should we do the repititions?
      Total lucid dreams=88
      LD goal: Master WILD
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x156/freefire_2007/mee-1.jpg
      ^me

spam link removed
      ^that site is a great way to make extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleX223 View Post
      im confused.......

explain this part

im confused.......

explain this part
      [/b]
      Roll your eyes to the right thirty times, and to the left thirty times, aka, clockwise/counterclockwise.

Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
      Yar! I just bang my head against the wall a few times and fall asleep in less than 10 seconds.
      [/b]
      lol thats so funny. thanks for brightening my day.
      Number of times become lucid: 15

abilities: flying,regeneration,spiderwebs, invisibility,control weather, Power Ball.

Fear the mighty power of the wishing paper!
      Kick Ass Robot

Indeed...

This sounds interesting, I guess I could try it tonight, and see what happens.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      I want to ask the poster how fast you normally fell asleep without this technique im kinda skeptic on this working on someone who takes three to four hours if not more. . . .but I will try it. ill give you cookies if it puts me in SP

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      I want to ask the poster how fast you normally fell asleep without this technique im kinda skeptic on this working on someone who takes three to four hours if not more. . . .but I will try it. ill give you cookies if it puts me in SP
      [/b]
      Hi juroara,

Thanks for your question. It used to take me over an hour to fall asleep sometimes, and sometimes 2 or 3 hours. And even worst, when I would wake up in the middle of the night and record my dreams, if I happened to stay up a liitle too long, I would have to go thru trying to go to sleep all over again. I've spend many nights mediating about 5 or 6 hours and then finally dropping off to sleep about 2 hours before I have to get up to go to work. Wasn't much fun at all. It wasn't caused by an over active mind because my mind is calm, but I would just get so relaxed from meditating that I just wasn't tired enough to fall asleep. That's what I like about this technique. Doing the eye exercises tires my mind enough that it enables me to fall asleep. In addition it relaxes my body, as it seems to be similar to concentrating on my third eye when I do the exercises, especially if I make it through the first round and do start doing them again with my eyes close.

In answer to your question freefire, I am still experimenting with the method myself, but have just recently found that it seems to work best if I make the eye movements more slowly and deliberately, about 1 second for each movement. And it seems to work really well when my eyes start getting groggy and hard to keep open, as being in that state puts me to sleep right away.

Keep in mind that the techniques I provided are only guidelines. Sometimes if I am really comfortable doing the first eye exercise, I extend the repetitions to 40 or 50, which causes me to sometimes fall asleep before I even get to the second exercise.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerer View Post
      Me too, and I'll report back.
      [/b]
      Well, I didn't get any results, except getting my eyes tired.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerer View Post
      [/b]
      Lol, a cookie is the ulimate reward.

"What's your name?"
      "Bob."
      "Good, have a cookie."

Hehe
      I will some day legally change my name to:

"Simquatti Charles Moses Solomon Gunther Schmupak, Magical Ninja Reverend LXXIV"

Lucid Count: 7

Hmm, the next time I find myself just laying in bed and unable to fall asleep, I'll definitely try this.
      Thanks for posting it, iadr - and I like your avatar

Is this supposed to hurt? I find my eyes get pretty sore even just doing one of these 30-rotation cycles. Could it be bad for your eyes?

I often have trouble falling asleep, I'll definitely give this technique a go.
      I can be a Lucid Master... In my dreams.
      DILDs: 6

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMurder View Post
      Is this supposed to hurt? I find my eyes get pretty sore even just doing one of these 30-rotation cycles. Could it be bad for your eyes?[/b]
      I would think it would be like exercising any muscle - it feels uncomfortable at first, but once the muscle is "in shape", the exercise becomes easy.

A dark desert highway
      DJ Entries
      Tried it last night, eyes got tired/heavy and I didn't fall asleep in under 10 minutes I don't think, but it still worked pretty well. After doing the rotations and movements it didn't take me too long to fall asleep compared to the usual time it takes me. I'll probably try it again tonight and see how it works, but either way it's an interesting technique.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by iadr View Post
      Hi juroara,

Thanks for your question. It used to take me over an hour to fall asleep sometimes, and sometimes 2 or 3 hours. And even worst, when I would wake up in the middle of the night and record my dreams, if I happened to stay up a liitle too long, I would have to go thru trying to go to sleep all over again. I've spend many nights mediating about 5 or 6 hours and then finally dropping off to sleep about 2 hours before I have to get up to go to work. Wasn't much fun at all. It wasn't caused by an over active mind because my mind is calm, but I would just get so relaxed from meditating that I just wasn't tired enough to fall asleep. That's what I like about this technique. Doing the eye exercises tires my mind enough that it enables me to fall asleep. In addition it relaxes my body, as it seems to be similar to concentrating on my third eye when I do the exercises, especially if I make it through the first round and do start doing them again with my eyes close.

[/b]

great! thanks for answering!

though, why were you doing eye exercises to begin with? is it legit exercise for the eyes? I get paranoid with anything dealing with the eyes, so I have avoided the reverse blinking technique. my eyes have never been in the best shape - my vision is horrible - and once in a blue moon my eyes dart from side to side very rapidly involuntarily!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast