• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I H8 Reality's VILD Technique

Do you believe?
      Florida

Wbtb

The Wake Back to Bed method ALWAYS works for me. I have been attaining lucidity for years. Fo me, I sleep 6 or 7 hours (sometimes 5) I wake up for about 15minutes. I can usually watch a little TV..that actually will make me drowsy. The most important thing in my experience with lucid dreaming, is that I must tell myself, "I will have a lucid dream. and this is what I will dream about" I repeat that over & over as the drowsiness sets in..I visualize exactly what i will dream about..and it has NEVER failed me. Sometimes it's not perfect. The other night I wanted to have a lucid dream that in my backyard was a huge beautiful pool, like one you would see in a resort..the lucid dream started..I checked my back yard, but instead of a resort like pool, there was a huge lake! I just shut the door and said "no..I want a pool, not a lake! Opened the door again and got my pool!!! I'm not sure if anyone else ever feels this way, but my LD's can be so amazing and perfect that when I finally do wake up, I am emotional over the experience!

South Australia
      This method is the best so far, and it really is as good as everyone says it is....
      I had my first Lucid dream last night because of this method......

I really didn't think i would remember to do reality checks cause i was focusing more on WILDs to begin with (with not much luck) and then all of a sudden im doing like 3 reality checks in a row in my dreams (hands, unusual objects, and lights not switching on). INCREDIBLE, Im going to trust my subconcsious much more from now on.
      Last edited by xXevangelaXx; 08-27-2008 at 03:02 AM.

How does this technique tie in with writing dreams in your dream journal? How can you do improve dream recall in the morning if you're not allowed to move? :/

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Justinpie91 View Post
      How does this technique tie in with writing dreams in your dream journal? How can you do improve dream recall in the morning if you're not allowed to move? :/
      I'm guessing that by this point you are expected to have good enough recall that skipping recording that one dream in the morning doesn't make a huge difference. You can also mentally replay your dreams instead of writing them down, if you're not able to write them down for whatever reason. It's not as good, but it's something.

Liquidation
      Sounds Intresting, I'll give it a go. Thanks.
      ''Practice Makes Perfect''
      -- No One Is Perfect , So Why Practice ? --
      Summon People [x]

Daydream Believer
      I must've imagined this 50 times this morning. Sometimes it got pretty vivid (the visualization, that is), but in the end absolutely nothing happened and I just went back to sleep.

Aesthetic Entactogenesis Sony86's Avatar
      LD Count
      Boulder, CO
      I'm going to try this after I sleep for a 9 hours under the impression that it's a revelation of a method (assuming by the amount of success it's bringing).

OP - Excellent work, you must be extremely proud to help so many people become lucid.. I know I would be!

I'll report later on tomorrow after I get some results (hopefully). I've only had a few lucid dreams since I've been trying to have them (a couple years now). Perhaps this will help? I shall see!
      <<<
      "I'm not scared of death. I was dead for millions of years before I was born and that never caused me any inconvenience." ~ Mark Twain
      "All men have an inarticulate sense for actuality which they use as their ultimate safeguard against the aberrations of mere logic..." C.S. Lewis - The Screwtape Letters
      Remembered Lucid Dreams since joining: 2

Lurker
      How does everybody here actually 'wake up' to do the brief awakening. I did try using an alarm, however it woke me up too much and was unable to proceed with the tech.
      I suppose autosuggestion will work, but I seem to 'forget' that I woke up, and spend about 5 minuites day dreaming about things until i finally realise I have indeed woken up.

Aesthetic Entactogenesis Sony86's Avatar
      LD Count
      Boulder, CO
      Just try to think of what you were dreaming immidiately after you wake up. And if you make yourself want to wake up at a particular time, you can do it. The trick is making yourself actually want to.

Like, if someone told me they'd give me 50 bucks if i woke up at, say, 7Am, I would do. Naturally. Your subconcious is a perfect alarm clock, if you ask me.
      <<<
      "I'm not scared of death. I was dead for millions of years before I was born and that never caused me any inconvenience." ~ Mark Twain
      "All men have an inarticulate sense for actuality which they use as their ultimate safeguard against the aberrations of mere logic..." C.S. Lewis - The Screwtape Letters
      Remembered Lucid Dreams since joining: 2

Banned
      You should be waking up naturally multiple times a night, and becoming conscious of your awakening as each dream/REM period ends.
      If you don't remember waking up in the night, just a bundle of dreams in the morning, you need to work on your recall. Part of dream recall is also training your body to wake up juuuuuuuuuussssst enough in the middle of the night after each dream. If you're attempting WILD your recall should be good enough, and you ought to be able to skip recording one dream and instead WILD your way into another one during one of those natural middle-of-the-night awakenings.

Of course I'm sure other people have found all sorts of creative techniques. A light alarm that only beeps once or twice should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      You should be waking up naturally multiple times a night, and becoming conscious of your awakening as each dream/REM period ends.
      If you don't remember waking up in the night, just a bundle of dreams in the morning, you need to work on your recall. Part of dream recall is also training your body to wake up juuuuuuuuuussssst enough in the middle of the night after each dream. If you're attempting WILD your recall should be good enough, and you ought to be able to skip recording one dream and instead WILD your way into another one during one of those natural middle-of-the-night awakenings.

Of course I'm sure other people have found all sorts of creative techniques. A light alarm that only beeps once or twice should do the trick.
      Yes after a few weeks of using my cell phone on vibrate, ages ago, I am waking after each cycle un-aided.
      Trick is to have the mental stamina to do whatever you need to do in these awakenings.
      Not easy.
      REALITY CHECK

Has anyone named this yet?
      anyone like FLILD: Familiar landscape induced lucid dream?

goals: make something explode by pointing at it [ ] create an object [ ] create a person [ ]
      radically change landscape: by walking through a wall [ ] by turning around a corner [ ]

Eltit Resu Motsuc Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      So, I sleep for 9 hours(), wake up (without moving), close my eyes - imagine moving through a very familiar landscape; and that's it?
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora
      -Test galatamine, huperzine and choline
      -Find smartwatch app for RC reminders at certain intervals
      -Ressurect my dream log here, and become more active

I'm a noob at this stuff so correct me if I'm wrong, but 9 hours seems a bit much, the idea is that you should be able to fall asleep relatively quickly while consciously moving through a place that is extremely easy to visualize.

goals: make something explode by pointing at it [ ] create an object [ ] create a person [ ]
      radically change landscape: by walking through a wall [ ] by turning around a corner [ ]

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by MSUPokerGod View Post
      Has anyone named this yet?
      anyone like FLILD: Familiar landscape induced lucid dream?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there are already enough ILDs, we don't need to make up one after every different way of using each technique!

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=13497
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=7469
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/....php?t=51214#9
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/....php?t=51214#6
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=40861

That's what this technique is, no more ILDs!!! For the love of god!

Toronto
      Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Paradox View Post
      So, I sleep for 9 hours(), wake up (without moving), close my eyes - imagine moving through a very familiar landscape; and that's it?
      Its actually 6 hrs+ so its still okay for me. After 9 hrs is overkill

Toronto
      You only need a minimum of 6 hours of sleep not 9 hours.

Once youve had your 6 hours of sleep the next time you have a brief awakening you should relax and close your eyes.

Then as vividly as possible try to imagine walking out of your house and then walking around your house. Its really important that while your visualizing you should try to feel things as you go, for example as your leaving your house feel the door knobs and the floor as your walking.

Keep trying and it will work.

Also a big problem that i noticed is that for some people they may be too tired or too awake during the brief awakening. You need to be not to tired or not to awake during the brief awaking for it to work perfectly.

1 year registered Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      Can I set an alarm? I've noticed that when I have to wake up at 7AM for school I'm usually still REALLY tired. It makes me get those amusing hypnagogic hallucinations... Doesn't that mean that I'm tired enough to do this technique?
      Quote Originally Posted by westonci View Post
      You only need a minimum of 6 hours of sleep not 9 hours.

Once youve had your 6 hours of sleep the next time you have a brief awakening you should relax and close your eyes.

Then as vividly as possible try to imagine walking out of your house and then walking around your house. Its really important that while your visualizing you should try to feel things as you go, for example as your leaving your house feel the door knobs and the floor as your walking.

Keep trying and it will work.

Also a big problem that i noticed is that for some people they may be too tired or too awake during the brief awakening. You need to be not to tired or not to awake during the brief awaking for it to work perfectly.
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Toronto
      Can I set an alarm? I've noticed that when I have to wake up at 7AM for school I'm usually still REALLY tired. It makes me get those amusing hypnagogic hallucinations... Doesn't that mean that I'm tired enough to do this technique?
      I tried that once and it didnt work to well for me. Try it and see what happens, maybe it will work for you.

Banned
      Ontario
      The great thing about this technique (actually, this type of technique) is that, unlike HIT, it is possible to force it. What I mean is, if you find it isn't working, all you need to do is keep it up, and your brain will have basically no choice but to comply. In my experience using this technique (which I would classify as DEILD), it has never failed after forcing it, ever. The only times it has failed were when I gave up prematurely.

This type of technique, not necessarily the OP's version, but this type, is pretty much fool proof, which is hard to come by in the field of lucid dreaming.

LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      We'll see. I'm gonna try this in a few moments
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmandan View Post
      The great thing about this technique (actually, this type of technique) is that, unlike HIT, it is possible to force it. What I mean is, if you find it isn't working, all you need to do is keep it up, and your brain will have basically no choice but to comply. In my experience using this technique (which I would classify as DEILD), it has never failed after forcing it, ever. The only times it has failed were when I gave up prematurely.

This type of technique, not necessarily the OP's version, but this type, is pretty much fool proof, which is hard to come by in the field of lucid dreaming.
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Oregon
      I woke up one time and got a drink of water then tried it. I just can't visualize enough. If I try and imagine myself running through the backyard to the fence, I imagine it too fast. Nothing happened.

LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      Is walking ok too? Or do you have to run?
      Quote Originally Posted by Venomblood View Post
      I woke up one time and got a drink of water then tried it. I just can't visualize enough. If I try and imagine myself running through the backyard to the fence, I imagine it too fast. Nothing happened.
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Banned
      Ontario
      Quote Originally Posted by Venomblood View Post
      No, no, you can't move at all when you wake up. If you move a muscle, you have just broken your SP, which means you have to wait another 20 minutes to get back to SP before you can try visualizing.

Is walking ok too? Or do you have to run?
      You don't have to run, but movement does seem to help. Movement of your visualized self, not in real life, that is.

LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      Huh? you have to be in SP before you can start imagining?
      That's something new for me
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast