• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Arrow A camera-like perspective in a dream.

I recently had my first realization that I was in a dream, no reality check, I just recognized the architecture from something I designed. The problem was that I did not have a body in the dream, I was just watching in a third person view as these two characters moved around. I had that realization for a while until the dream completely unraveled and I woke up.

I realize that in allot of my dreams I seem to have this free floating view in my dreams but cannot affect the dream itself. Therefore I have two questions; How do you attain lucidity from a camera-like perspective? i.e reality checks when you have no arms and are basically a floating camera. With most people I suppose that the whole floating thing would be a pointer but I use a lot of software that allows the user to move around like that so I hardly notice it.

If I manage to recognize that I am in a dream, like I realize I could never float around like a camera in real life, how do I keep my lucidity or attain a body?
      Thanks for any help!

i used to have this all the time. start a dream journal.. Trust me it help's... you will be in 1st person in no time
      We all are so deeply interconnected; we have no option but to love all. Be kind and do good for any one and that will be reflected. The ripples of the kind heart are the highest blessings of the Universe.

:/ I have one. Maybe (I hope) It will happen soon; but if not, is there any way to, like, jump into the dream or manifest my consience it an existing characters body?

DJ Entries
      You could try possessing one of the characters you see. Or you could convince yourself that you have spidey powers* and are clinging to the wall (explaining the odd perspective).

*or you could accept/create the fact that you are floating.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Melbourne, Australia
      I get that perspective a lot too.

I've never become lucid while in that perspective though. But once I did accidentally go remote view (as I call it) while I was already lucid. I was running down a street and suddenly I was zooming along some streets really really fast and didn't have a body. I was getting disoriented and just made it stop by wanting it to stop. Suddenly I was flying above some buildings in a city and had my body back.
      My Dream Journal
      Current Lucid count for 2008: 28

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

LD Count
      Don't count
      Sweden
      This was the first post i started, and the only so far. I also got 3rd person view i some dreams.
      I got the tip to tilt the view until the camera is right behind the head and zoom threw the head.

Here's the Post http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=51950
      Last edited by Oros; 03-02-2008 at 02:26 PM.

1/2 man, 1/2 bear 1/2 pig Niddiboy's Avatar
      Northern Ireland
      i had a dream 2 nights ago where i wasnt lucid but i was wieving part of the dream fromn a security camera dn i could hear what the man using the security camera was thinking...
      Check out my new art post
      Spoiler for OPEN SPOILER FOR SOME OF MY ART STUFF!: