• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

In Your Dreams

Nova Dreamer Alternatives!

Let's make a list of what nova dreamer alternatives we know about in this thread. Please post the link to the site as well as if you used it and would you rec it to someone else.

I'll go first: http://www.REMDreamer.com

Have not used it, but thinking about it.

What others do you know of?
      "Don't Think You Can, Know You Can And Just Do It!" - UrDreamBoy

DILD's: 2 > WILD's: 1

Lucid goals: Fly [] Go to the bunny ranch [] Walk around dream city [] Talk with a DC

Check out my dream journal here!

In Your Dreams
      Also, I know some websites may still be selling nova dreamers. If you find a site that is, post a link to it.

Lucid goals: Fly [] Go to the bunny ranch [] Walk around dream city [] Talk with a DC

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by urdreamboy View Post
      Also, I know some websites may still be selling nova dreamers. If you find a site that is, post a link to it.
      I did find the following websites that supposedly sell NovaDreamers .. but I haven't ordered from these companies so order at your own risk!

http://www.mind-gear.com/cat/novadrea.htm

http://www.kirlian.org/lucidream.htm

P.S.. If you have seizures.. you probably should stay away or clear using such devices with your doctor.

In Your Dreams
      Thanks for your post Clairity.

I'm a big fan of your DJ

I just ordered the Dream Maker from http://www.wellnesstolls.com

Hey Clairity, Do you still use your Nova Dreamer? Would you say your sucess with LD's have alot to do with the mask? (sorry if that's a lill off topic)

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by urdreamboy View Post
      Thanks for your post Clairity.

I'm a big fan of your DJ

I just ordered the Dream Maker from http://www.wellnesstolls.com

Hey Clairity, Do you still use your Nova Dreamer? Would you say your sucess with LD's have alot to do with the mask? (sorry if that's a lill off topic)
      Thanks urdreamboy, I'm glad you like my dream journal.. I've been kinda lax about it but I had a wonderful LD this Easter morning that I just posted there.

Anyhoo, as for the NovaDreamer, I haven't used it for years. It did help me to have my first LD and to have others after that (I hadn't even heard of LDing until I saw an ad for the NovaDreamer). I also have the DreamSpeaker which hooks up to the NovaDreamer. You can record your voice or anything for about 2 minutes into the Dreamspeaker and, when the NovaDreamer senses that you are in REM, the Dreamspeaker turns on and plays your recording. I have gotten lucid numerous times by having the Dreamspeaker play a recording of my voice saying "I am dreaming.. this is all a dream.. do a reality check now!".

You can read about the DreamSpeaker here: http://www.kirlian.org/lucidream.htm and here: http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~art511_j/em...XDreamWare.htm

I wouldn't say that alot of my success is due to the NovaDreamer (as you still have to do exercises and study, etc.) but it definately got me started in lucid dreaming and I have never regretted buying it.
      Last edited by Clairity; 03-24-2008 at 12:34 AM.

LD Count
      500+

Kvasar dreammask

While doing a google search I found this link, I remembered this
      topic and thought I would share it with you maybe it will be of intrest
      to someone.

http://brindefalk.solarbotics.net/kvasar/kvasar.html
      Last edited by DREAMER242000; 03-30-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Denmark
      Quote Originally Posted by DREAMER242000 View Post
      While doing a google search I found this link, I remembered this
      topic and thought I would share it with you maybe it will be of intrest
      to someone.

http://brindefalk.solarbotics.net/kvasar/kvasar.html
      WOW this looks really good. I am sitting right now, seriously considering to build these ... On the other hand, my DIY projects has a tendency to fall apart in minuttes It would be very hard to make it durable enough for me to sleep with ...

Ohio
      That thing is crazy complex and looks heavy and fragile.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to connect two LED's to the parallel port of your laptop. I'm thinking you can use the Windows task manager to set them to start blinking after 20 or so minutes after you WBTB. (Won't detect REM; you'll just have to work out when your dreaming starts). The only thing I need to figure out is how to write a program that will tell the parallel port to "blink" like every 20 or 30 seconds. I know it's stupid simple, but I don't know anything about programming. Some guys on an electronics forum are helping me, but I might need to go to a programming forum.

Soon as I know more, I'll post a tutorial. Unless someone here knows about programming and hardware and stuffs. Then you should post a tutorial!
      In dreams of unspeakable joy—of restored friendships; of revived embraces; of love which said it had never died; of faces that had vanished long ago, yet said with smiling lips that they knew nothing of the grave; of pardons implored, and granted with such bursting floods of love, that I was almost glad I had sinned—thus I passed through this wondrous twilight. —George MacDonald
      My dream journal
      33 LD's (22 DILD, 3 DEILD, 8 WILD) and counting.

yige meng de xuesheng Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      London Foggy Town
      I also have the DreamSpeaker which hooks up to the NovaDreamer. You can record your voice or anything for about 2 minutes into the Dreamspeaker and, when the NovaDreamer senses that you are in REM, the Dreamspeaker turns on and plays your recording. I have gotten lucid numerous times by having the Dreamspeaker play a recording of my voice saying "I am dreaming.. this is all a dream.. do a reality check now!".
      I've never heard about DreamSpeaker but having REM Dreamer I made recently a kinda rig ( REMD + comp + ear-in headphones ) to do the same. The only problem is that since then everytime I try to use I can't get asleep from excitement Perhaps I need some time to cool off. Anyhow it is good to know that it works as I was going to give it up.

Canada
      god whys the nova dreamer have to be so much money? i really want it :'[
      *´¨)
      ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
      (¸.•´ (¸.• DeepSleep
      [

Quote Originally Posted by deepsleep View Post
      god whys the nova dreamer have to be so much money? i really want it :'[
      Is it worth purchasing? Is lucidity inevitable and definite using these devices?

yige meng de xuesheng Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      London Foggy Town
      Quote Originally Posted by blue_space87 View Post
      Is it worth purchasing? Is lucidity inevitable and definite using these devices?
      Firstly REM Dreamer which I have costs about 170Euro. It's not a fortune for me and despite I had no Lucid using it I am happy to have it. I can use it for my experiments as REM detector or record my REM cycle pattern.
      To the second Q: No. It depends on people. Some find it helpful some not. The idea behind this small mystery box is to let you know while dreaming that you dream using light and/or sound singnals. Personally I found it not working as it did not get through while I was in REM or I did not remember.
      I was more successful with natural dreeam supplements like Galantamine.

Fais Ce Que Tu Voudras Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Hello, bumping a dead post, but can someone who has built the Kvasar provide a tutorial? I can read electronics schematics, but I'm still not sure how to assemble everything.

I e-mailed the originator, but I haven't received a reply.

Fais Ce Que Tu Voudras Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Anyone try to build the Kvasar?

I think the schematic is pretty straight-forward, but I don't want to mess this up...

LD Count
      500+

Chicago
      i want to use a computer mouse to make mine like in this How to Make a Simple REM Detector for $10

couldnt you possibly just use the guts of a motion sensor knick knack that says something or does something when you walk past, and put the camera deal on a mask and somehow rig up lights to flash while there is movement ? seems a lot simpler

Lurker
      If anybody is interested, I have schematic and board files in Eagle format for the Kvasar. I have built it and I will verify that it works as per the website. If interested, send me a PM.