• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

WritersCube's DreamWorld Log/Dream Diary

Heylo!! I guess... this is the start of a new Dream Journal, so... here's goes nothing. Anywhos, I have a lot of lucid dreams with recurring/persistent dream characters and dreamscapes, so feel free to ask what is what and whatnot.
      I'm also on LD4All, so I know that my lucid dreams tend to bring up questions. So please, ask away.

Anywhos, here's last night's LD.

Last night’s LD started as a random one placing me on the rooftop of an old apartment building somewhere in what looked like the Flats of Cleveland…
      Night was creeping in as the sun was just barely over the horizon, slowly sinking, turning the sky into a deep orange-pink. But the whole place was filled with… absolute silence.
      Where did everyone go?
      It was a nice sight; however it was very deceiving about the dreamscape itself.
      This wasn’t a happy dreamscape at all.
      The Flats was a wreck—apparently it had been abandoned and everything looked like it had been sitting around for hundreds of years, breaking down and falling apart.
      I walked over to the edge of the apartment roof to look down.
      Only then did I realize—it hadn’t been abandoned.
      Everyone was dead.
      “Oh… oh my…” I said as I looked down.
      At least thirty dead were on the streets below me.
      A rather bad feeling crept up my spine as I continued looking downward.
      Too much had been going on recently in my dreams for this to be a coincidence. I knew just what was lurking in this dreamscape… the dark dream clone, Ihz.
      I quickly turned and surveyed my surroundings—with a thought command and some focus, a motion detector display appeared in the lower left-hand corner of my e-visor HUD. Nothing showed up, but I knew better.
      Ihz could teleport, he could walk in plain sight and nothing of technology would pick him up.
      But having a motion detector display just made me feel a slight degree safer anyways.
      “Looking for me, I’m guessing?” said a voice from the left.
      I turned and looked up towards the neighboring building’s higher-up roof.
      There, in black-painted battle armor with two dark-violet optical sensors glowing on his e-visor helmet visor was the dream clone Ihz. (Dream Clones are dream characters that look exactly like me but they bear their own unique personalities. There are three dream clones I know of in my lucid dreams--Cross, Fraction, and Ihz.)
      “I had a feeling you were the reason why those people down there are dead,” I said.
      “As I’ve said in every meeting of ours—yes, I killed them. What about it?”
      With a thought and some focus, I summoned my energy sword to my right hand. “This ends.”
      “Again, my friend,” a dark-violet energy sword materialized in Ihz’s right hand. “We’re just getting started.”
      And then the very air in front of me ignited and exploded.
      Shrapnel, pieces of the roof, and the very blast itself pounded against my battle armor (for years now, it's become a natural thing for my dream representation to begin each dream already suited up in a black-painted suit of technologically-advanced battle armor) and threw me clear off the rooftop. Static filled my e-visor for an instant as the impact of the blast left me disoriented.
      Once my e-visor HUD cleared up, I had only a few seconds to throw a hand down and slide my leg out as I landed on the streets below. Static continued to randomly fill my HUD. Something must’ve happened when I was caught in that blast.
      With a thought command and some focus, the static ceased completely.
      I looked up to see Ihz leaping off the roof and landed perfectly on both feet.
      “Holding yourself back won’t save your dreamscapes or precious DreamWorlds,” Ihz said.
      I snorted. “I’ll fight however I want.”
      Suddenly a wall of force smacked me in the face throwing my head back, followed by another invisible fist in the stomach. The next thing I knew, I was flying head over heels across the street. I must’ve hit a car or something—while the world was spinning and I was tumbling at 30mph I hit something and my right shoulder got dislocated. (I tend to get my arms dislocated or severed in battle... it tends to happen... a lot. )
      I continued tumbling down the street, over dead bodies, over rubble, over random debris, until I finally rolled to a stop.
      I calmly picked myself up and summoned my energy sword to my right hand again. After a few seconds, my right shoulder popped back into its socket, courtesy of regeneration and self-repairing.
      In a burst of grey mist, Ihz appeared just feet away from me… and ran his energy sword straight through my chest and out of my back.
      “Holding yourself back, limiting your power, self-restraint, just what do you think you can do against me while you’re doing THAT?” Ihz laughed as he lifted me off the ground with his blade. “What happened to the all-powerful dreamer, eh? Ha! Why don’t you use all that power you have?”
      “Sorry—I’m not a power-hungry maniac like you, you bloody sod,” I said as I held onto Ihz’s blade with my left hand to keep myself from sliding further down the blade. With my right hand, I raised my azure-blue energy sword up and brought it down on Ihz’s e-visor helmet. The blade barely even cut through the armor plating of the helmet before stopping.
      Ihz sighed. “Really, you don’t get it do you? You think you can just outsmart me like you did with Fraction? It’s not that simple anymore.”
      I drew my blade back and made a lateral slash across Ihz’s e-visor.
      Ihz flinched as sparks danced across his e-visor. When he looked up, I saw brilliant violet-green eyes glaring straight at me before his e-visor self-repaired and sealed the gash up.
      “Nice…” Ihz said before kicking me back and off of his blade.
      I fell to the ground, dust puffing up into the air as I landed.
      “You better get out,” Ihz began. “Like all the dreamscapes before, you’ve failed to protect this one. When I leave—it will crumble.”
      Ihz then vanished.
      Just as he vanished, the ground began to quake.
      “I’m sorry…” and with a thought command and some focus, the Grey swept over the world and in a blur of grey, white, and darkness—the Grey snapped back leaving me sitting on a wooden bench in the First Capital’s Capital Park on the First DreamWorld. ("DreamWorld" is a term used very differently in my dream journals. By DreamWorld, I'm referring to a dream planet that exists within a large expanse of dream space. In other words, it's a dream planet that exists in a persistent/recurring solar system dreamscape/dream universe--I like to use the term dream universe because the space is so frikin' huge. There are currently three DreamWorlds. There used to be a Fourth...)
      “Ihz is a special case, sir,” said a familiar voice.
      I looked to my right to see my other dream clone, Cross, sitting with a cup of hot chocolate in hand. His e-visor’s optical sensor blinked twice.
      “I already know that,” I muttered. With a thought, my e-visor slid open. I needed to smell the fresh air for once.
      Cross’s e-visor slid open. It was like gazing in a mirror—the only difference between he and I was that his hair was a military short-cut and mine was medium in length.
      Cross then took a sip of his hot chocolate. “If you know that—then you know that you’ll have to break some of your own rules to beat him. This isn’t about how you detest playing god in your dreams; this is about protecting yourself and the dreams you treasure. Ihz will never stop destroying dreamscapes—he can’t destroy the First, Second, or Third DreamWorlds because of your deeper connection with those DreamWorlds.”
      “My connection with the Fourth DreamWorld was no different.”
      “Yes it was… you hated the Fourth DreamWorld. You hated how it was in constant conflict. You hated how your efforts in bringing peace brought no results. Your hate allowed Ihz to destroy it. Your love for the other DreamWorlds is keeping Ihz from destroying them.”
      “So how do you propose I beat Ihz?”
      “Ignore the Power Adjustment. Stop restraining your dream capabilities. For just a moment, play god and erase Ihz.”
      “I can’t do that.”
      “You did it before,” Cross’s expression went from casual to incredibly grim.
      “I won’t do that.”
      “You will have to,” Cross said firmly. “You’ve more than enough power to destroy Ihz a million times over, yet you won’t even use enough of your strength to defeat him once?”
      I glared at Cross. “Do you even know what it’s like to know everything at once, to see everything at once, to be everything and nothing at the same time—to play god? It’s disgusting. It’s too much. It’s corruptive. I hated it.”
      “I know you did,” Cross said solemnly. He sighed and stood up from the bench. “The choice is yours, sir. Until you make the choice to allow yourself the ability to protect the things you love—Ihz will continue to destroy until he’s destroyed it all.” Cross looked down the park pathway. “It seems you have a visitor. We’ll continue this discussion later, sir.”
      “See you later, Captain,” I waved a hand.
      Cross took a sip of his hot chocolate and saluted. “Sir, yep yup. Until next time.” He turned on a heel and began walking down the pathway.
      [The Second Portion of this Account has been Omitted due to the Personal Nature of its content. I apologize.]

*sigh* Start the dream off having to deal with a crazy genocidal dream clone. End the dream making a promise I might not even be able to keep with the way things are going with Ihz. How can I go on a dream vacation with Ihz going on his rampage?
      Last edited by WritersCube; 08-14-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Melbourne
      Thanks. You love how I write down all MY details?

I read that whole first entry, how do you remember even any of that dialogue? But you write your dreams down like a fictional story, not that I mean to criticize, it's just your first dream is very... very much like a chapter in a story.

If that's exactly how your dream happened, it's difficult for me to comprehend because my dreams have little to no consistency, and I don't get characters that come back in my dreams, either, and there just isn't such thing as a stable realm. I can't forge my own storylines, etc.
      But as people say, in lucid dreams, you can do anything, so yeah! How lucky you are to have lucids like this!
      Cowards Die In Shame

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
      Thanks. You love how I write down all MY details?

I read that whole first entry, how do you remember even any of that dialogue? But you write your dreams down like a fictional story, not that I mean to criticize, it's just your first dream is very... very much like a chapter in a story.

If that's exactly how your dream happened, it's difficult for me to comprehend because my dreams have little to no consistency, and I don't get characters that come back in my dreams, either, and there just isn't such thing as a stable realm. I can't forge my own storylines, etc.
      But as people say, in lucid dreams, you can do anything, so yeah! How lucky you are to have lucids like this!
      I've been lucid dreaming since I was 4, and my dream recall has always been perfect since then. I guess it's like how one of my friends can recite the entire script of a film from watching it once--I can do the same with my lucid dreams.
      As to how the dream account is written, I find it more comfortable writing it in a narrative format rather than writing it in any more generalized forms. I wouldn't be able to include as much of the details as I'd want to include if I didn't write in a narrative format. And I enjoy including details because it just helps in telling people what I experienced.
      Regarding maintaining lucidity and dream consistency, from my experience--it's all in the mindset and perspective. Best way to start that off is to banish preconceptions and establish new ones on determining the difference between reality and dreams--with that done, knowing when you're dreaming and when you're awake is like walking from one room to the next, you'll know exactly where you are, lucidity becomes instantaneous upon dream entry, and you'll be able to enjoy your lucid dreams more fully as well as experience them more vividly. Or at least that's how it has worked for me since I was four years old.

Melbourne
      You definitely sounded like a natural lucid dreamer.

I envy your talent.
      Cowards Die In Shame

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
      You definitely sounded like a natural lucid dreamer.

I envy your talent.
      Thank you. But hey now, you've got some nifty dreams too! Give yourself some credit!

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

The Death of Hollywood--Modern-Warfare Style

My, how three hours of sleep is all I need to have Hollywood fall apart in the first five minutes of my lucid dream.
      Last night’s LD was a random one that placed me in desert town of some sort.

It started with me finding myself lying in the sand, just outside of the town.
      “Good gosh… frikin’ everywhere…” I shook some sand out of my left armor-glove as I sat up.
      Looking ahead of me, I saw that the town looked something like one of those you’d find in an old western film.
      Funny, I hadn’t watched an old western film since I was in my early high school years. And that was the only time I ever saw a western film.
      I shrugged to myself and picked myself up. Then I looked around myself again… no sign of Ihz? Hmm… nope, no sign of him.
      A single street that stretched forever down the land with saloons, taverns, and homes all lined up on both sides.
      Strange though—no one was outside at all.
      “Hello?” I called out. Nothing came back.
      And then suddenly two men in cowboy outfits came out of one of the buildings. By the way they placing themselves on the street, I knew exactly what was going on. They were about to have a duel.
      “A draw eh? Well this should be fun to watch…”
      …*sigh*
      I spoke too soon.
      One of the cowboys drew out of his pant leg an AK-47!!
      “Oh now that’s not fair of him,” I began.
      But then the other cowboy pulled out of the back of his shirt a Rocket-Propelled Grenade launcher!!
      “Oh hells no, now that’s just ridicu—”
      WHOOSH!!
      Ra-ta-t-t-t-t-t-a-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!!
      Both of the combatants fired their weapons. And the next thing I knew, I was staring at an RPG flying straight towards me.
      “Bugger…” I meeped.
      With a thunderous clap-fwoom! The concussive force of the blast sent me flying back and through a water trough.
      I picked myself up, thankful that the blast was nothing but a light bonk to my battle armor, wiping sand and dirt from my shoulders. “Good riddance,” I muttered as I summoned a pulse rifle to my left hand. “Really now, that wasn’t necessary at—oh lord…”
      Looking through all of the dust in the air, I saw that apparently both of the cowboys had died.
      It was like the Death of Hollywood, starting with Clint Eastwood’s line of work.
      RPGs and AKs, oh my!
      As if to exaggerate the whole Death of Hollywood thing, one of the houses fell back… flat!
      The town had turned into a movie set in seconds!
      The dreamscape was going random!!!
      “Oh dang…” I said, raising an eyebrow watching another house fall onto its back flat.
      It was simply time to leave.
      With a thought command and some focus, the Grey swept over the dreamscape. Two steps forward, a destination in mind, and the Grey became a blur of contrasting streaks of white, grey, and black. The Grey snapped back leaving me standing on a high cliff to see… a dried up ocean.
      “What!?” I yelled. What in the world happened to my ocean dreamscape Blue Field????
      “Like my work?” said an all-too-familiar voice.
      I looked over my shoulder to see Ihz hovering behind me.
      “I think I’ll take a break though… don’t want this hobby of mine to get all boring, right?” Ihz said casually. “You have two days before I destroy another dreamscape. Until then, why not buck up and prep yourself to actually fight for once? Or is it that you can’t defend your dreamscapes any longer?”
      I raised my pulse rifle, aimed straight dead-center on Ihz’s e-visor.
      “Best leave this place,” Ihz then vanished… and the dreamscape began to shudder as it died.
      Did I forget to mention I really hate Ihz?
      I entered the Grey again and made my way to the First DreamWorld. I had to find Cross and speak with him. This disaster had to end.
      The Grey snapped back, leaving me in my citadel on the First DreamWorld.

What happened on the First DreamWorld, I don't feel like posting... not that it was bad, it was something really fun, but I'm not comfortable posting it.
      I'll just say, I kept a promise and a bit more.
      Last edited by WritersCube; 08-10-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries
      In last night’s LD, I decided to build a dreamscape from scratch.

A green sloping valley with forests lining the outer rim, and a great river that ran straight through—but in the middle of the river, instead of continuing through the valley, the water looped up into the air and back down!
      I felt like making something pretty, since it had been awhile since I last made a simple but beautiful dreamscape.
      I didn’t want to bother about anything but taking a nice stroll.
      Flying down the gentle slope, I made my way to the clearing near the river. Once I reached the riverside, I summoned myself a folding chair and took a seat.
      “Nice…” I said to myself as with a thought and some focus I summoned myself a glass of iced tea.
      I decided to take my e-visor helmet off completely. Not like a monster was going to pop out of nowhere and munch on my head or something.
      What I love about my lucid dreams is that I can still taste food—it’s great, really. What can I say? I’m a food person!!
      Fresh, cool, and lemony—it was good iced tea!
      I gazed up at the “river-loop”—the sun light danced through it as the water ran its mid-air course. It made me think of the last time I went to an aquarium and it had one of those underwater tunnel exhibits.
      It was pretty.
      Then I heard something most unnatural, or at least out of place…
      A strange bird-like shriek only it sounded like the bird was the size of an elephant… and it was coming from… up the slope somewhere amongst the trees.
      I sat up and tried to see what might’ve been up there.
      “Oh it better not be something hungry…” I muttered to myself.
      Why is it that when I make pleasant dreamscapes—there’s always something big and hungry SOMEWHERE around?
      Maybe it’s because I’m a food person, I dunno.
      What came out of that forest was god-frightening.
      Think of a T-Rex… but it was 120-feet tall and three times as long.
      “Oh *&^@#*(&@%!(%#@%#^&($%(%*(&@!%#%@&^!$#^@$--AHHHHH!!!!” I leapt up from my chair and began running the other way, away from the river.
      Wait! I forgot my helmet!
      I turned and started for my helmet, forget the chair, and forget the iced tea!
      Just as I grabbed my helmet at the foot of the chair, the T-Rex was already at the riverside on the other side of the water-loop!!
      “Bugger!!” I ran towards the tree line behind me. “Why dinosaurs!!?!?!?”
      I know, I could’ve blown the thing up with the all simple End-Command, but that would’ve made quite a big mess in such a pretty place! Besides, things just aren’t as exciting when you’re playing absolute god. It’s… actually very boring, I came to discover in a lucid dream a few years ago.
      I had to knock it out or something… I dunno. I had to deal with it neatly and cleanly though. I just made the bloody dreamscape! Hell if I was going to mess it up with dinosaur chunks!
      The ground tremors grew as no doubt the thing was closing in. I leapt forward and flew on ahead into the woods. I had to trap this thing or… send it elsewhere.
      Once I was a good distance into the woods, I began thinking through what dream objects I had made… Silly Putty of Ridiculous Doom… Ever-filling Glass of Water… Space Duck Bazooka… Energy Sword… Pulse Rifle… Cheese Wheel of Persuasion… Brick of Absolute-Stupid… Yak-Catapult… Hand-Buzzer of Warp.
      With some focus, I summoned a small bag pouch. I untied the top and with further focus summoned about fifty Hand-Buzzers of Warp. Basically what these things did—they’re teleportation aids.
      I threw about ten of the Hand-Buzzers onto the ground between the trees as the T-Rex closed in.
      I quickly began running as far into the forest as possible. Suddenly after a few great tremors, a great WHOOSH echoed throughout the whole forest.
      I looked back to see that the T-Rex as well as a few trees had vanished completely as the Hand-Buzzers sucked them into a portal leading to…
      Wait… Hand-Buzzers lead to other Hand-Buzzers!!!
      I slowly looked into the pouch and found a miniaturized T-Rex the size of a keychain looking up at me.
      It opened its mouth as if to roar but all that came out was “Meeeeeep!”
      “Aw, now that’s cute…” I said. “I shall call you Squishy and you shall be mine!”
      Strange though, maybe because of the space within the pouch it affected the teleportation?
      That’s the only reason I can think of as to why the T-Rex would end up being Chibi-fied.
      I tied the pouch back up and decided that I was content with the dreamscape as it was for now. I’d call it Fountain Hills. I placed my e-visor helmet back on, and with a thought command, the e-visor slid open before sliding all the way back into the collar rim of my battle armor. This was better for carrying my e-visor helmet around without actually having to carry it; it simply folded into my battle armor suit.
      But it wasn’t over.
      A low droning rumble echoed over the tree canopy.
      “…More of them?” I asked myself as I made my way to the forest ridge.
      Dinosaurs of every size were now all over the valley!!!
      “Oh geez…” I murmured, palming myself in the forehead.
      A small humvee was driving across the green valley, chased after by a pack of Jurassic Park-ified Velociraptors (By that I mean they’re those six foot tall movie velociraptors as opposed to a real velociraptor’s size which is significantly smaller).
      Sure sucks to be them… w-t-f… humvee?
      I made my way down the valley and summoned another handful of Hand-Buzzers of Warp. It was time to clean up this place.
      The process of tagging every dinosaur from Brachiosaurus to Prototops was, shall we say, tedious and rather repetitive. Eventually I had to throw all of the Chibi-fied Dinosaurs into a backpack instead of using the small pouch. I kept Squishy the T-Rex in the small pouch though.
      I looked around myself to see if there was anything else except the humvee which had turned over and was being torn apart by the raptors…
      Oh yeah! I still had to Chibi-fy the Velociraptors!
      I made my way towards the destroyed humvee, which strangely didn’t have anyone inside, however one of the raptors did have a white fedora hat in its jaws.
      “Oi! I threw a Hand-Buzzer at one of the raptors. Unfortunately… it missed and hit the Humvee.
      WHOOSH! The humvee vanished and was probably inside the backpack of Dinosaurs I had slung over my shoulder. “Ugh…” I palmed myself in the forehead.
      I took my backpack off and placed it on the ground beside me before advancing. I just needed to close distance with them.
      Unfortunately, the Velociraptors were quick to do that for me.
      I had my hand pulled back to throw a whole handful of Hand-Buzzers when one of them leapt straight at me from seven meters away.
      “Oh crumb—!” I threw my throwing hand out as the Velociraptor crashed into me, throwing me to the ground.
      The next thing I knew, I had both of my hands up keeping the predator’s jaws from clamping down on my unprotected head. A thought command and my e-visor helmet unfolded over my head and my e-visor slid shut.
      Specks of dinosaur drool dotted and blurred my e-visor’s HUD screen as it flickered on and status displays appeared on the corners and sides.
      “Bad… dinosaur!” I kneed the creature in the side causing it to lose balance and tumble to the left. I twisted and rose to a knee before I tore the thing’s lower jaw off with a hard yank. I jammed the teeth of the things lower jaw into the side of its head before stomping hard on its neck at the base of its skull.
      Another set of jaws DID clamp down on the sides of my e-visor helmet.
      A thought command and two shoulder-mounted pulse cannons folded out. Two small gun-cam windows appeared in my e-visor HUD as I steered both weapons back and straight at the base of the creature’s neck. Two simultaneous blasts of plasma later, I pulled the dinosaur’s jaws and severed head off of my helmet.
      Suddenly my legs were pulled out from under me and I was being dragged with my face in the dirt.
      I struggled to turn myself over—the remaining two velociraptors were trying to drag me off somewhere.
      With a thought command, the armor segments of my left forearm guard flapped open and ten controlled metal cables shot out. I whipped my arm around and the cables lashed twice across the face of one of the dinosaurs causing it to release me and flinch away.
      I twisted further and whipped the cables out again causing the other to release me. It clawed at its face—probably because its face stung like hell, no doubt.
      A command and the cables retracted back into my forearm guard and the armor segments closed shut again.
      I summoned a bayonet-fitted pulse rifle to my left hand and quickly leveled it, aimed, and fired a two-round burst into the right-most velociraptor. It fell with a short-lived shriek.
      I quickly got to my feet as the last one lunged, and steadied myself and ran the bayonet straight into the creature’s jaws—and pulled the trigger.
      I kicked the dead dinosaur back, the top half of its head was… mostly gone after having eaten half of a whole energy cell.
      “Crumb!” I lightly stomped the ground, looking around myself. “Made a bloody mess…”

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

Oneiro-Deus. Dream God.

[This Account Has Been Omitted Due To The Nature Of This Account. I apologize.]
      Last edited by WritersCube; 08-14-2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: The Nature of this Account is too personal.

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

Closure-Necessary

[This Account Has Been Omitted Due To The Nature Of This Account. I apologize.]
      Last edited by WritersCube; 08-14-2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Nature of the Account is too personal.
      My Dream Journal
      It's the silly-happy things that make a dream really fun!!

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

It's great to be back!!!

Heylo, everyone! Yeah, it's been forever. I've been rather busy! AGAIN! Lolz
      Considering how long it's been since I last updated my DJ, I'll just sum up what I've been dreaming about all this time and update with the last few Lucid Dreams I’ve had. I don’t quite feel like converting everything over from pencil and paper to Microsoft Word. That would mean I’d have to convert a mighty good number of dream accounts, and I don’t have enough time for that at the moment.

Note Before You Read My Dream Accounts:
      I know, some of the stuff I might mention in my dream accounts might be confusing--most of my dream diaries are on another Lucid Dream forum called LD4All where you'll be able to find more background info on certain things. My lucid dreams have a lot of recurring elements: dreamscapes, DreamWorlds, dream characters, there are way too many things to list that are persistent throughout my Lucid Dreams. And there are always new things that end up becoming a part of that persistent bunch of stuff. But yeah--if you come across something that makes you think "Since when did he ever mention that before...?" then it's probably something that you can find in one of my dream journals on the LD4All forums.

So what have I been dreaming?
      Well, here's some of the more remarkable Lucid Dreams that I've been having:
      1. Underground city that reminded me a lot of the Myst novels--it was quite interesting and fun! Errr... but unfortunately, something catastrophic happened and the caverns collapsed burying the city.
      2. A vast jungle filled with dinosaurs and incredibly irate aliens who were looking for a lost artifact. It turned out to be a butter knife... *sigh*
      3. Several LDs of giant monsters consisting of a bizarre combination of different species attacking all sorts of cities. Half of the time I spent trying to save the cities, while the other half I kinda decided to sit back and see how well the city fended for itself. Ultraman (if any of you remember that series) even made an appearance in one of those LDs, beating down one of the atrocious-looking behemoths.
      4. Ever seen a city that was upside-down, underwater, and its denizens had four insectoid legs, two arms, nine eyes (apparently the ninth and highest placed eye was able to see in ultraviolet), and every one of them could sing an album by Queen or Eric Clapton? Well... in one LD, I did see that.
      5. Had a few LDs involving a lot of cloud-city dreamscapes. I never again want to make deals with celestial-beings obsessed with pastries and textiles. It's not easy trying to save a city from a giant wyrm when you've got three angelic-but-annoying beings bugging you about how they can't decide on the way they want to spread butter on bread and so they want your personal input on whether the walls should be painted gold or white. Doesn't make sense right? Well, I tried telling that to the celestial beings. How did they respond? They decided a game of backgammon would decide things for them while a giant wyrm proceeded to eat them along with an entire pavilion of dream characters. I only managed to stop the wyrm by well... it tried to eat me, it missed, it ended up swallowing up a tower spire until it couldn't swallow anymore--in short, it skewered itself on a tower and died in a way that was probably very painful.
      6. Ever had an LD where you encountered a race of faeries that had so many bad jokes you thought you'd burst a vessel in your brain? Well, what if those faeries actually told bad jokes just to see if a person's head would actually explode!? Thankfully, my e-visor helmet can block out external sounds, which came in handy when I had this particular Lucid Dream. Fortunately, it was pretty easy to put a stop to the annoyingly-maniacal plot of the joke faeries--I put them in a vacuum.
      7. Several LDs had me having to make my way through airports and space stations with similar interiors. Random stuff happened from robots malfunctioning to a flash flood spawning from a restaurant soda tap. One particularly memorable moment was when I saw a robot shooting shoes out of its stomach while chasing after a man in a business suit. The robot continually repeated like a broken record: "Feet! Feet! Feet! Feet! Shoe Freaks Anonymous Wants You! So Join Us... NOW!!! Cheese! Cheese!"

That sums up the exciting Lucid Dreams that I've had over the past few months since I last updated my DJ. My other LDs were relatively ordinary from skiing on the Second DreamWorld to exploring other dreamscapes, from dealing with persistent dream characters to smashing the random monster that tries to eat me while I’m busy doing any of the previously mentioned things… Yeah, relatively normal things in my Lucid Dreams…

Considering how long it’s been since I last updated my DJ, I’ll just start with this month…

April 1, 2009

Last night’s LD was a visit to the Second DreamWorld where I continued my little excavation project.
      A good while ago I had discovered what looked like a frozen city! It was buried rather deep in the ice though, and it was pretty big, so I needed a few extra hands.
      So for the past few weeks now, I’ve been having teams of ice diggers excavate the city for me!
      Tonight I simply went to check on the dig progress as well as lend a helping hand in the digging effort.

April 2, 2009

Last night’s LD was a random one that placed me in a very large shopping mall. It reminded me of two separate locations that I’ve been to—but it had a sense of uniqueness to it. The ceiling design was what really caught my eye. It was entirely made of finely carved glass, intricate patterns, and shimmering silver.
      VERY fancy for a shopping mall, I think.
      So I made my way through the mall, looking at all of the different shops, and occasionally stopping to actually browse the goods inside. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a good gaming store anywhere…
      This really wasn’t the most remarkable of Lucid Dreams, but at least nothing was trying to kill me or eat me—and that’s always nice!
      After a good deal of exploring and browsing, I woke myself up.

April 3, 2009

Last night’s LD was a visit to the Second DreamWorld for my most favorite wintertime activity!!! SKIING!!!!!!!!!!!!
      W00t w00t!!

April 4, 2009

Last night’s LD was a visit to the Canvas Void.
      I felt like working on my Battle Armor as well as redesigning my already heavily-customized pulse rifle.
      But that didn’t take me too long to finish, so I spent the rest of my time designing a new dream object: the Snow Globe of Illusion.
      I know, I know, I’ve a good handful of dream objects that already cast illusions and such, but what’s wrong with having yet another way to avoid nasty things through nonviolent means?
      Rubber bouncy balls that can change any scenery it bounces off of, jelly beans that create nightmarish hallucinations, hyperactive smoke bombs that disorient, and even a magazine that when laid open creates a hologram of whatever the viewer most enjoys seeing!

April 5, 2009

Last night’s LD was a visit to a dreamscape I made a good while ago. I call it Skyland. Yes, I know, it doesn’t sound like anything special—but to me it’s a fun place to go.
      It’s not much to look at in terms of the land—it’s basically a floating island that drifts through an infinite sky. It’s the clouds—they make the dreamscape so fantastic—they constantly change shape to form all sorts of things whether they be animals, castles, cities, sometimes the clouds will move to form epic battles or stage performances!
      The island itself has no inhabitants—but it has a nice humble hut with a foldable chair to relax in while watching the clouds.
      So I spent my time relaxing, watching the clouds do their thing.

April 6, 2009

Last night’s LD was a visit to the Second DreamWorld. For the past couple of months, I’ve been sending excavation teams to the Second DreamWorld to help me search for the old Temporal Wake Portals (to get an idea of what they look like think Star Gate!) that I used to build for experimenting. Unfortunately, all of them became buried under meters of ice and snow… some of them under kilometers of ice and snow!!
      Why do I want to find a bunch of portals that did nothing but shred up the people that tried walking through them? Because apparently one did work—and it was sending dream characters to a very old dreamscape of mine!!
      HUZZAH!!! One of those bloody contraptions worked!!
      But now to find it… there were eleven buried Temporal Wake Portals… and they were spread out all over the Second DreamWorld.
      Unfortunately, nothing was found during my search.

April 7, 2009

Last night’s LD was a visit to a favorite dreamscape of mine called Constantinople Two. I call it that because of its startling resemblance to the city of Istanbul, which I thought was a very beautiful city when I visited it.
      Anywhos, I spent my time simply exploring the city, especially the bazaars.

April 8, 2009

Last night’s LD was a random one that dumped me in the middle of a desert.
      Great, right? I know! It’s just fantastic! With the sand and all… the sand!!
      “Oh crumb…” I muttered in a morose tone as I looked about myself.
      An endless desert stretched to the horizon in every direction, dune hills dotted the landscape and not an oasis in sight.
      I pursed my lips and made a squeaking sound. I glanced at the top-center of my e-visor HUD to see what the temperature was like outside of my Battle Armor. Since my Battle Armor was environmentally-controlled, I wasn’t really able to feel the heat of the desert. My Battle Armor kept me nice and cool inside.
      It was 25 degrees Celsius!?
      I raised an eyebrow as I did a double-take on the temperature reading. I then glanced at the Dream Clock display above the temperature reading. In this dreamscape, it was just two minutes past noon.
      With a thought command, my e-visor slid open so I could feel the air… it was just nice… a pleasant room temperature.
      Then I heard a low rumble coming from my left. With a thought command, my e-visor slid shut and my e-visor HUD flickered back on as I turned.
      A targeting reticle appeared around a distant object as it continued approaching my position. With a thought command, the targeting reticle expanded into a viewing window, revealing the object to actually be a series of objects: a truck convoy consisting of twenty-three trucks of different sizes.
      Once the convoy was about 90 meters away, I started waving a hand to try getting their attention, although in hindsight it probably didn’t matter whether or not I tried because they were already heading my way.
      The truck convoy eventually came to a stop about ten meters away from me as I continued to stand and wait.
      From the lead truck, a man in a tan-green outfit with a white turban stepped out followed by two armed men in rather futuristic body armor. He approached me but stopped halfway.
      “What are you doing out here in the desert, stranger? You do not look like you are from any corporation that I know of,” the man questioned me as he put on some sunglasses.
      “I’m not from any corporation,” I shrugged. “I just dropped by to see the sights.”
      The man took a few steps closer to me, but stopped about three meters away.
      “To see the sights?” the man snorted. “This place is widely known as a corporate warzone, and you’re here sightseeing?”
      “I suppose you can call it sightseeing…” I said in the most ambiguous tone.
      The man didn’t say anything for a while. He took so long to say anything that his bodyguards were even starting to fidget as they stood in place.
      “I get it…” the man said. “So Hector thought to send a spook to watch over me.”
      “What?” I asked in a shocked tone. “Who?”
      “Don’t play stupid,” the man spat to the side. “I’m a lot smarter than that man thinks I am! When we get back you can tell him I’ve accomplished my mission and more! I am returning with some goods!”
      “Eh?” I asked raising an eyebrow.
      “Come!” the man gestured for me to follow as he turned on his heel and started walking back to his truck. His bodyguards followed, almost perfectly mimicking the way the man turned and walked.
      The man led me to the back of the truck where he pulled a large tarp covering the truck bed.
      Covering the truck bed was a wide array of……
      “Pastries?” I asked raising an eyebrow. “You think your boss is going to be overjoyed because you found pastries!?”
      “YES!” The man said ecstatically.
      I palmed myself in the e-visor. “Even if I was someone sent by your boss, I wouldn’t think that this deserves any extra credit…”
      The man pointed a finger at me. “Don’t play stupid! I know who you are!!”
      “You really do?” I asked sardonically.
      The man shot me an icy glare before making his way to the front of the truck. “We don’t have space up here, so you’re going to have to sit with the merchandise. Don’t eat any of it!”
      “Joy…” I muttered as I sat myself on the edge of the truck’s open tailgate.
      Almost an hour of driving passed before something finally happened… or more like before we happened upon something.
      Some indistinct shouts were coming from the front of the truck, but the engines were too loud for me to hear any of the conversation well enough. However, what happened next told me that something was wrong. The convoy started slowing down, and then it suddenly stopped altogether.
      “Is something the matter?” I called over to the front of the truck as the man and his bodyguards got out.
      “We’re lost…” the man muttered in a grumpy tone.
      “Lost? How did we get lost?”
      “Our compasses have all malfunctioned. An electromagnetic storm is approaching. We’re setting up camp until the storm passes; we’ve strayed far enough already. I’ll have a tent prepared for you—be sure to include in your report to Hector that we—”
      “Yeah, yeah, sure…” I really didn’t know what was going on; I was barely even paying attention to the guy in the first place, so I just played along with whatever he said.
      Suddenly a great shadow began to cast itself across the desert sands… it was round and circular, ever-expanding…
      Everyone in the trucks was getting out trying to see what was going on… and then I looked up.
      “Bloody hell…” I muttered.
      A FLIPPIN’ BIG BEACHBALL was plummeting towards the Earth!!!!!
      And then it struck the sands… sand, dust, darkness enveloped everything from the earth to the skies.
      The last thing I saw was the Cosmic Beach Ball bouncing off the desert and back up into space!! That ridiculously huge beach ball was the size of a city!!
      And then sand and dust swept over the convoy, sweeping trucks up like leaves in the wind, people flew into the air to disappear into the wall of sand, and I… well, I woke myself up so I wouldn’t have to experience what those poor dream characters were experiencing.

It's great to be back!!!
      My Dream Journal

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries

Smile I'm back... again! Hehehe xP

w00t w00t! Great to be back again. Hopefully my break will last for a few days then I can post in my Dream Journal more often!

Well, to start things off... here are my Dream Accounts from the past few nights.

June 05, 2009

Never read a Warhammer 40,000 Omnibus before bed... seriously!

Last night's LD was a randomly-generated dreamscape--a city that resembled a mix between Chicago and Cleveland... and it was on lock-down.
      Apparently all exits and entrances to and from the city had been blocked off and barricaded, and most if not every intersection was barricaded with walls, tanks, troops, and the occasional artillery piece. It seemed like the city was going to be invaded or something and everyone was preparing for the worst.
      I was standing in the middle of a street that was lined with business offices, the skyscrapers looming high above. I made my way towards one of the barricaded intersections to ask one of the soldiers about what was going on. As a side thought, I quickly changed my outfit from my Battle Armor to a casual set of clothes--black-painted armored plating and integrated electronics dissipated while cotton and linen materialized in its place.
      When I approached them though, they weren't exactly happy that I was around.
      "Hey! This city was evacuated two days ago, where've you been?" one of the soldiers asked as he walked towards me. I saw on his uniform that he was a sergeant.
      "I didn't know the city was being evacuated, sir," I said cordially. "I just got up this morning and walked out to find that the city was being all barricaded and whatnot."
      "You slept for forty-eight hours and didn't so much as hear a single shot fired?" The soldier asked skeptically.
      "Errr..." I shrugged. "Yeah, that's right."
      "Whatever, just come on over. We'll get a transport ready to get you out of here. This is an official warzone, civilians aren't supposed to be here. What's your name?"
      I decided to use my usual dream alias as I do in most lucid dreams. "Geoffrey."
      "Well, Geoff, we're going to get you out of here, all right? This place is far too..."
      Suddenly a great booming sound echoed through the relatively empty streets of... whatever this city was called. It was something of a mix between a fog horn and a dying animal... a rather odd, sickly sound, yet scary enough.
      Shouting came from the soldiers at the barricade, but they were too far for me to figure out what they were saying. All I saw was a soldier pointing upwards as he pushed another soldier down to the ground--and suddenly a car fell on the both of them.
      The sergeant I was walking with was yelling a string of curses as he left me to help his comrades. I just kept walking at a leisurely pace, watching whatever happens happen.
      Then a truck flew over the intersection and landed somewhere out of sight. Guns barked and chattered and tank cannons bellowed down the street at some unseen enemy. I was still walking towards the intersection so I couldn't see what they were shooting at, or what was throwing a whole slew of vehicles at them.
      Suddenly the tank shuddered back and blew up, its turret popping upwards like a wine cork followed by a jet of flame and a plume of black smoke. Some of the soldiers stumbled probably from the concussive force of the blast, others were still firing their guns. The sergeant had reached his men and was yelling orders. Judging from the hand gestures and expressions, it looked like the sergeant was in charge of everyone there.
      The sounds of gunfire and cannon fire filled the air, it was clear that the enemy had reached other intersections of the city as well. Whatever was attacking was attacking now, and from all sides.
      I started running towards the intersection to see what the soldiers were firing at when a fire truck came sliding down the road, sweeping the whole barricade aside... and all the soldiers with it.
      "Oh bugger! That was---GAH!" I almost fell as I turned a full 180-degrees, now running the opposite direction towards the far intersection on the other side of the street. There another barricade of soldiers was fighting the unseen enemy.
      "Oi!" I yelled towards the barricade as I got closer. "What's going on!?"
      Only one of the soldiers fighting ever looked in my direction before a jet of liquid fire washed over the barricade, setting off ammunition, burning people, and melting the artillery piece that never fired. The thing was bloody enormous! It was like a flood of lava had just washed down the whole street--but it was a flamethower doing this!
      And then I saw it round the corner of the street.
      Blood-red spikes protruded out from seemingly random points of its great metal hull that seemed to gleam dark red in the sun light--I didn't want to know what was giving it that wet look, it might've been blood.
      In place of a right arm, it had two massive barrels that spat little goblets of liquid fire, and in place of a left arm was a single gun barrel that was bigger than the twin flamerthrowers put together!
      It was a Chaos Dreadnaught and it was looking right at me!!!
      Yeah, Warhammer 40,000 is not a good bed-time story.
      The dreadnaught just stood there, looking at me... as if waiting for me to do something.
      Well, last time I tried fighting one of these massive behemoths of metal and death it threw me around like a ragdoll!
      So I started running towards the closest building... and the dreadnaught let out a rancorous laugh that sounded like a mix of rusty hinges and a choir of dying things. The ground shook as it pursued me.
      Just as I reached for the entrance door to the building, I didn't know what building it was, I was just looking for cover while I formulated a plan!! But there was no time.
      I was suddenly engulfed in blinding fire--well, more like just fire because my eyes almost instantly evaporated as the liquid fire covered me from head to toe... or what was left of my toes anyways.
      The door in front of me melted away under the heat as I kept reaching for the door anyways--but of course, there was no door to speak of.
      The thing behind me kept laughing its tin head off as I was standing there burning. I guess it failed to notice that it didn't actually kill me.
      With a thought command and some focus, the flames suddenly winked out and my body began healing and regenerating immediately. I focused on getting my eyes back first because, well, I want to be able to see where my enemy's coming from!
      First my eyes, then my limbs and appendages, my skin and muscle tissue, and then my hair. I turned to face the dreadnaught as I summoned my Battle Armor.
      As soon as my e-visor slid shut and my Heads-Up Display flickered on, I charged towards the dreadnaught. And then I stopped as the giant machine’s enormous las-cannon began to charge.
      Just as I stopped another booming voice came from the other side of the street. “You! Leave this one to me!”
      It was the dreadnaught that had probably taken out the first barricade I ran into.
      “This prey is mine!” The first dreadnaught shrilled. “I found this puny one all alone—you weren’t there, so you can’t claim him as your kill!”
      “Dark Apostle [Ggggah, I can’t pronounce or spell whatever name this dreadnaught said] will have me for supper if I have nothing but a few crushed corpses as my kill,” the intruding dreadnaught barked.
      “I will burn this one to a crisp!”
      “No! I will grind this one to a pulp!”
      “Blast him!”
      “NO! SMASH him!!”
      I just looked from one dreadnaught to the other as they continued to argue over who got to smash me or burn me or fizzle me to vapor.
      Eventually the first one tried firing its charged las-cannon at the trespasser, but its shot went wide, burning a canyon through the side of a skyscraper. The intruding dreadnaught lunged forward and started burying its chain-fist into the chest plate of the first dreadnaught, sparks dancing as its hull was slowly eaten away by the spinning blades.
      The first dreadnaught bellowed some incoherent garble as its flamethrower started spouting jets of liquid fire onto the chain-fist dreadnaught.
      Aaaaand… I just stood there and watched in amusement. Really, this was like… better than any gladiatorial fight… EVER!
      Soon the two dreadnaughts both went down; no doubt the chain fist tore apart the pilot of the first one while the intruding dreadnaught’s pilot was literally cooked inside the dreaded machine’s hull.
      I shrugged to myself as I began walking down the street. Gunfire and cannon fire continued on throughout the rest of the lucid dream, but I didn’t bother to get myself mixed up in the bloody fighting.
      I woke myself up after I got sick of seeing so many Chaos Dreadnaughts, Chaos Defilers, and Chaos Space Marines plodding through the streets of… whatever this city was called.

June 6, 2009

Last night’s LD was a visit to my Canvas Void dreamscape.
      I felt like further developing some dream powers that I’ve recently been using as well as a few dream powers I felt like experimenting with.
      I made my way across the black-and-white checker tiled platform towards my holographic computer where I began typing in some information in regards to a training program I wanted to run.
      With a thought command, my Battle Armor fizzled out of existence to be replaced by a casual set of clothes from a blue-white shirt and some loose cargo pants.
      I pressed the Enter key on the console and the suspended platform stretched out, growing to three times its size.
      A moment later, twenty faceless figures melted out of the floor, each armed with a strike baton or a bo staff.
      I sighed to myself and charged straight down the center. And the entire group closed in on me.
      I counted to myself… one… two… and three!
      I skidded to a stop and with a thought command conjured an almost transparent sphere that covered my entire front. Another thought command and a gesture with my hand, the sphere lurched forward, bowling over three of the opponents—the floor quickly swallowed up the fallen combatants, their bodies melting and blending back into the floor.
      With another thought command, I threw my hand outward and a smoggy black cloud exploded over several of the faceless combat dummies. I quickly turned about, summoned a ball of clay and threw it on the ground before the rest of the combat dummies. The floor suddenly melted beneath them, causing the dummies to sink waist deep into the platform before it hardened again, trapping the dummies in place.
      Having been defeated, the dummies were all absorbed back into the tiled floor and the platform shrank back to its normal dimensions.
      I nodded to myself as I made my way to the holographic computer to bring up a bigger opponent to try some other stuff.
      After typing in the opponent’s name I pressed the enter key and a Space Marine Dreadnought melted out of the floor.
      With a thought command, I summoned a potted petunia and tossed it towards the hulking death machine. Suddenly the potted plant exploded into a writhing mass of ever-growing vines of different sizes. Some of the vines were as thin as string while some were as thick as trees!
      The Dreadnought suddenly kicked into action, its chain-fist chewing through whole thickets, and its heavy bolter cannon blasting holes that cut straight through the growing wall of vegetation.
      But that didn’t stop any part of the growing plant… thing… from growing. The vines continued growing until they reached the massive machine, and then it began engulfing it in a rather creepy Invasion-of-the-Body-Snatchers kind of way—think of those alien pods and how they had those tendrils that crept out and started probing and whatnot, yeah like that.
      Soon the Dreadnought was thrashing and turning, trying to break out of the giant plant’s grip, but I guess the vines had found their way into the machine’s hull because the Dreadnought suddenly spasmed and slumped over.
      With the opponent defeated, the floor swallowed the Dreadnought up and the giant war machine was gone.
      “Success,” was all I said to myself as I turned back to the holographic computer.
      Then I heard a door creak open, and I turned to my left to see my dream clone, Cross, walk out of a door that was hovering in the air. The door winked out of existence as he closed it behind him.
      “Dream power trials, sir?” Cross asked as he strode over to the holographic computer.
      “Yeah, just finding new ways to deal with trouble,” I said shrugging.
      Cross nodded as he pulled a chocolate bar out of the air with a flick of his wrist. He spoke through a mouthful of chocolate. “Heard you almost got stomped by a giant robot last night.”
      “The whole situation reminded me of a scene from the Hobbit…” I mused to myself aloud.
      “They didn’t turn to stone though.”
      “No, just melted slag metal.”
      Cross chuckled as he took another bite from his chocolate bar. “Well, just dropping by, sir. I’ll catch you later then.”
      “Take care, Cross,” I nodded.
      Cross made a terse salute before reaching out and opening another door seemingly out of nowhere. He walked through and the door winked out as it closed behind him. I was able to catch a glimpse of my First DreamWorld Citadel through the doorway before it closed shut.
      I turned back to my holographic computer and typed in: “Fourth DreamWorld”
      I spent a couple of hours working on the new Fourth DreamWorld’s design before I woke myself up.

June 7, 2009

Last night’s LD was… strange.
      I found myself in my house. And like every other time I’ve found myself in my house, the physics and everything else was twisted…
      My dogs and cats were walking on the walls and ceiling, chairs refused to let me sit on them, the doors would slam in my face, but this time no giant monster was getting smashed to a pulp by closing walls in the ground level hall way to the laundry… so at least the place was better to a small degree.
      My computer on the second floor was on though, and the screen was constantly flashing in a myriad colors, all the while the stereo speakers were constantly gibbering in incoherent sentences.
      Behind the second floor bathroom door, it sounded like there was a great waterfall right behind it!
      And from the kitchen it sounded like something was throwing pots and pans against the stove.
      I ran downstairs to see what was going on, and I saw… a blank-faced mannequin hitting the stove with a skillet and a spatula—over and over again.
      Weiiiiiiiird stuff.
      Then I thought to try leaving the house… every time I’ve tried, the doors would lock, spikes would shoot through the doors and glass to skewer me, and sometimes jets of fire would threaten to burn me to a crisp.
      So I decided to experiment… I knew that the backyard door would spawn a whole mass of spikes to skewer me if I even so much as approached the door handle.
      What if I decided to hack those spikes off?
      With a thought command, I summoned my energy sword to my right hand and approached the backyard door, walking past the “crazy kitchen mannequin”.
      I took a step closer to the backyard door and…
      CRASH!! The head of a spiked mallet the size of a car crashed through the door and stuck there, blocking my way, and threatening to stab me a gazillion times while crushing me.
      I began chopping away at the spikes, shortening them to wide flat stumps. And then the banging from the kitchen stopped.
      I frowned as I turned towards the kitchen. The mannequin had stopped hitting the stove… and it had turned to me.
      “What?” I asked the mannequin. I wasn’t really expecting it to respond.
      The mannequin suddenly made a sweeping gesture towards the backyard door as if beckoning me to go through it.
      I turned to the door to see the spikes gone, and the door… well there wasn’t a door left, so it was more like a hole.
      But beyond that… nothing.
      There was no backyard… backyard grill… nothing. It was a void.
      “Nothing…” I muttered to myself.
      While there was nothing to see, I had a feeling that I was supposed to take a look anyways. The more I looked at the darkness, it seemed to move…
      It WAS moving!
      Just as suddenly as I realized it was moving, a giant clawed hand the size of a truck reached out from the darkness, reached out for me!
      I instinctively leapt back while striking out with my energy sword, hacking one of the giant thing’s fingers off.
      The Giant Hand flinched back for only a split moment before lurching forwards, shooting straight towards me. I rolled to the left, into the kitchen as the hand turned the entire dining area inside-out. As I picked myself up and ran through the kitchen I glanced at the mannequin to see it clapping its hands… for the hell of it, I hacked the dummy’s head off even though it kept clapping. This dreamscape… it was insane!!
      I turned back and threw my left hand out. With a thought command and some focus, a continuous beam of azure-blue energy shot from my hand blasting straight into the Giant Hand. The entity shuddered before exploding apart, dissipating and vanishing as if it never had been there. Then out of thin air, where the Giant Hand had been, myriad tendrils of darkness materialized and stretched out for me at blurring speeds.
      Training, muscle memory, instinct, I was able to parry about three of the tendrils—however instead of my energy sword cutting through them, each parry met solid and even shook me through my Battle Armor. Each tendril, as fluid as they seemed, were hard as diamond and apparently impenetrable to my energy sword!
      And then the rest of the tendrils met me.
      My armor held against the attack for only a moment before I was effectively skewered fifty times over. With the force of a train, the mass of tendrils speared through me and I found myself flying through the laundry room door behind me, baskets and clothes flew up as I crashed through just about everything there was in the room… and then through the garage door behind that.
      With a crash of glass and metal, I found myself halfway in the side of my car as the tendrils finally stopped pushing.
      I grabbed onto one of the tendrils with my free hand and began sawing at it with my energy sword. So long as I applied pressure to the cutting, the energy sword did slowly cut its way through, there seemed to be some sort of field of resistance around the tendrils like a force shield—whatever the tendrils were made of, it looked like obsidian from the gleaming sheen of the material, but it was alive.
      “Get stuffed, you creep!” I yelled as I cut through one of the tendrils and began working on another one.
      With a thought command, I sent a surge of electric force through my left hand and straight into the tendrils—and suddenly the field of resistance was gone!
      With a sweeping slash, I cut through the rest of the tendrils that held me pinned to my car.
      And big surprise! The stumps of the tendrils suddenly grew out… and skewered me the next instant.
      “Oh bugg—” was all I could say before I was being dragged through what was left of the garage door, through the ruined laundry room, through the laundry room doorway, and through the kitchen where the headless mannequin was still clapping like some deranged twit.
      I made sure to kick out and trip the bloody dummy… stupid dummy.
      Then I realized what the tendrils were trying to do—they were going to toss me into the void!
      I stabbed my energy sword down into the floor to no effect since the sword just kept burning and cutting through the tile and wood. With a thought command, armored panels in my Battle Armor flapped open and hundreds of mind-controlled cables of indestructible metals shot out, digging into the walls, cupboards, flooring, some even went through the fallen mannequin… and then they went taut, stopping me just two meters from the backyard door, the void waiting for me beyond that.
      Almost immediately my Battle Armor started groaning under the stress. And I only had to look back to see that the cables were slowly but surely being dragged through the structure of the house!! I was losing this tug of war match…
      Then I thought to myself—what if whatever’s causing the craziness in this dreamscape is beyond that doorway… in the void? Perhaps my test was to restore order to this crazy place.
      Maybe I should go. Maybe that’s why the mannequin was beckoning me to go through. To fix this problem, the source may be through that veil of darkness.
      I sighed to myself, rolled my eyes, and with an “Oh crumb… here we go…” I released the cables and I was dragged into the darkness of the void.
      The tendrils vanished; my Battle Armor was as if nothing had happened to it at all.
      The void only existed for a second before suddenly I found myself hovering in a barely-lit dark night sky… over what looked like a burning world beneath.
      I looked down below… what I thought was a field of fire was actually a city. Strange that it should be lit by such ember-red lights though.
      I ceased to hover and allowed myself to plummet towards the city.
      I slowed my descent as I landed in the middle of a street… and was hit by a car. With a very audible thud, I was sent tumbling across the road and into the back of another car. Odd, it didn’t feel like I hit a car bumper though… it was the back of a wheel wagon.
      It was when I looked up that I realized that they weren’t cars—they were wagons pulled by strange, coal-black leathery creatures with boney hammerheads, hoofed feet, and mouths of some large vegetarian dinosaur.
      I quickly picked myself up and ran to the side of the street as people riding on the wagons behind the beasts were staring after me. I didn’t bother to see what clothes they wore, what their faces looked like, at the moment I didn’t even know where the bloody hell I was!
      With a thought command, the Grey swept over the world; a step forward later the Grey snapped back, leaving me standing on top of a nearby building. I crept to the ledge of the roof to take a glimpse at the streets below.
      Those same hammerhead beasts were dragging wagons driven by people who wore plain colored clothes. The most noticeable wagon driver was a man in a brim hat and a grey long coat. It was his beast that knocked me into the wagon in front. The wagon that I had collided with was driven by someone with a woman wearing a beige bucket cap and a plaid red-blue shawl.
      I looked up to survey the city around me. Judging from where I was, I was close to the city border actually—beyond that were rolling valleys covered by the veil of night. But when I looked up at the sky, there were no stars and there was no moon. The only thing that lit the land and skies was the city in its ember glow.
      How did the city produce this glow aside from the rather-ordinary looking lanterns, I did not know—however I was very curious to find out. But I didn’t have the time at the moment, so I decided to fly upwards to take in the city layout, explore a little.
      After some further sightseeing and studying of the city’s general layout, I woke myself up.
      I plan to visit the dreamscape again. It was a strange but very interesting place.

June 8, 2009

Last night’s LD I decided to create a new dreamscape—one that I already had a name for: Monolith Gardens.

I hovered in what first was a darkness—a void of nothingness. With a thought command, a spark of light burst from the center of nowhere, and I stood in the middle of a vast expanse of desert surrounded by a ring of sandy-gold mountains.
      I reached my right hand out and with a flick of my wrist a single seed the size of a soda can appeared hovering just inches off the palm of my hand. I pulled my hand aside and let the seed fall. Upon landing, the seed immediately buried itself into the dusty earth.
      With a thought command, the Grey swept over the dreamscape. Two steps back and I was about a hundred meters away from the planting site… and with very good reason.
      I held both hands out, palms open in the direction of the plant site.
      With a thought command and some focus, I raised both hands upwards… and the earth began to quake and shudder.
      And then without further warning, tons upon tons of earth was thrown into the air as an enormous mass of smooth wooden trunks, twisting and writhing around each other, shot upwards towards the sky.
      Miles in height, almost a quarter mile wide—the Monolith Gardens wasn’t the dreamscape itself—my “little” creation was the Monolith Gardens!
      But it wasn’t complete—it had one more phase of creation!
      …but it didn’t happen.
      I raised an eyebrow as I waited for the massive tower of smooth bark to transform into the “garden” part of Monolith Gardens… but nothing happened. At the moment… it was just the “Monolith” without the “Gardens”…
      I made my way to the just-Monolith-for-the-moment to see what was wrong. The wood looked healthy enough. Nothing looked wrong… except there was no green! Nothing was growing on it!
      With a huff and a sigh, I summoned a pitcher of water and decided to see what would happen when I poured some on the earth…
      FWHUMP!
      All of a sudden, vines sprouted from every part, colors of every part of the spectrum swept over the massive tower of tree bark, and massive networks of branches reached out from every level of the Monolith…
      The Monolith Gardens… was complete!
      I nodded to myself as I summoned a plastic fold-out chair, a small glass table, and some tea and sandwiches. I sighed to myself as I laid back and took a sip of some chamomile under the shade of my new garden creation.
      I woke myself up after a while of relaxing.
      My Dream Journal

Cleveland, Ohio
      DJ Entries
      June 9, 2009

Last night’s LD I found myself in a great expansive desert—a rather familiar one at that.
      It wasn’t because of some natural landmark. There weren’t any cities to speak of.

But there was a giant beach ball… and by giant beach ball, I mean a beach ball that was almost three times taller than the Empire State just sitting in the middle of a giant crater in the middle of a big endless desert!!
      I’ve had several lucid dreams in which this giant beach ball has randomly appeared, wreaking havoc all over the place, bouncing here, bouncing there, throwing dust, dirt, and earth in every direction—all the while it seemed like it’d be perfect if music from Armageddon was playing while it all happened!
      Pffft… anyways, this giant beach ball had come to rest in a crater that it, no doubt, made on its own. However—it shouldn’t have. It shouldn’t have come to rest—normally it would bounce straight back up into the clouds from where it came like some “Hey guys!!” KABOOOOOM!! “Bye guys!!!!!”… That kind of deal.
      So I went to investigate what had happened. Keep in mind that I began this lucid dream about three miles away from the Uber-Sized Destro Beach Ball—it was easy enough for me to SEE the bloody thing, but what was going on at the “foot” of the Ball—I had to get a closer look.
      I reached the base of the Ball to find a team of scientists working with a series of strange-looking machines.
      One of the scientists noticed me and started waving for my attention. “What are you doing here?”
      I shrugged. “I came to see what you guys were doing here. Aren’t you kind of keeping the Ball from doing its thing?”
      The scientist left his group of fellow researchers and approached me. “Yes—we’re trying to study this seemingly innocent yet… huge beach ball. It’s caused much damage to many cities—well actually it’s destroyed entire cities. We’re trying to put a stop to it, but we want to understand why it does what it does. Obviously there’s no way a beach ball can do this on its own, right?”
      I shrugged again. “How did you stop it?” I asked, ignoring the scientist’s question.
      The scientist didn’t seem to notice. “We created a force field—however it’s just barely working.”
      “What if I were to touch the Beach Ball?”
      “Ahh! Don’t! Any physical interaction with the Beach Ball might reactivate it!”
      The corner of my mouth twitched as I thought about how silly this whole scenario was. “What do you hope to learn from this Beach Ball of Total Destruction?”
      “Perhaps we can,” the scientist looked like he was searching for words, “replicate the technology and create our own weapons of some sort—”
      “It’s a BEACH BALL,” I gestured at the giant red, white, and green banded behemoth of plastic and air. “They’re in about every store. You make it sound like Walmart and everywhere else is stockpiling weapons of mass absurdity. My word, silly man, you don’t have to think so hard on how to make one of these,” I pointed up at the Destro Beach Ball.
      “But how does it destroy an entire city!?” The scientist asked excitedly.
      I blew a raspberry. “I don’t know. I just watch it with amusement.”
      “But that’s what we want to know, we want to make something just like it!”
      “Silly bugger,” I muttered. With a snap of my fingers, the Beach Ball suddenly shuddered, causing the very earth to shake.
      The scientist ran back to his team who were all in a riot as the Beach Ball continued to quake.
      And then without warning—the Beach Ball shot back up into the sky, vanishing from sight.
      One of the scientists fell to his knees and yelled out a long sorrowful “Nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! ”
      I woke myself up chuckling.
      My Dream Journal