• 1 Post By Beeyahoi
    • 1 Post By Beeyahoi
    • 1 Post By Banana
    • 1 Post By Ajnaeye
    • 1 Post By Neo Neo
    • 1 Post By BinauralBeats

Thread: doing drugs in dreams..?

doing drugs in dreams..?

I tried searching the forum but it was telling me i didn't meet min. word length.

anyway do you guys ever do drugs in your dreams(non lucid) and then "feel" the effect in the dream?

I've only smoked pot in my dreams but then in the dream my perception and stuff changes so its like i actually smoked.

to me that could mean its possible to access a similar state of consciousness to doing drugs without actually doing them.

any ideas how to do this?

i think it would be awesome to get the benefits of mushrooms or pot without the negatives of actually altering your brain chemistry with them.

thoughts or experiences with this?
      BinauralBeats likes this.

I've done drugs in many dreams...in waking life I only smoke weed, I'm just assuming that my subconscious really wants me to experiment with psychedelics but I'm a wuss lol Anyway, I do feel the effects in the dream MINUS anxiety of course : D
      "If only we could wake up to our dreams..."

I also had experience doing drugs in dreams and it was very lucid ..... i believe that there must be a way to contol and change the chemistry of brain without doing drugs and have the benefits like doing drugs , i dont have proff for that i know we can change the shape and synapses of our brain according to plasticity , i do 10 minutes meditation every day and help me focusing on particular things sound, colour , depth and has better effects than drugs
      Last edited by LAUR; 04-24-2009 at 04:50 PM.

St. Ittsville, Ontario Country:...... Canaduh, eh!... Planet:...... Specka dirt we call Urf
      DJ Entries
      Terence McKenna said that if you do DMT in a lucid dream the effect will be VERY real. As he put it "it works". After I read that I knew that I now had a new #1 thing at the top of my to-do list. I just have to prove that one to myself.

The only "drug" that I've been able to get into me while lucid is nicotine, I had said very early on after having (successfully, so far) quit smoking finally was that if I ever got the chance in a lucid dream I would fire one up. Well it happened & I did get the chance to smoke a cigarette when I realized that I had become lucid. It tasted fucking great! I wish I could do that every night. Now I am curious to smoke a joint while lucid.

Remember what McKenna said:
      "When you die... you become your website."
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      lots
      CA
      one of my friends has been my dream drug dealer and procured some rad time-stopping acid. i was listening to music and it gradually ground to a halt. that was some good acid. dream drugs are just a nice symbolic imagination enhancer, i think.
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

Quote Originally Posted by LAUR View Post
      I also had experience doing drugs in dreams and it was very lucid ..... i believe that there must be a way to contol and change the chemistry of brain without doing drugs and have the benefits like doing drugs , i dont have proff for that i know we can change the shape and synapses of our brain according to plasticity , i do 10 minutes meditation every day and help me focusing on particular things sound, colour , depth and has better effects than drugs

There is a way to manifest the effects of certain drugs, without actually taking anything because our brains have receptors for those chemicals. They wouldn't be there unless we could produce them naturally and at will...meditation is probably the key, It's so hard for me though! I'm working on it.

Speaking of nicotine, I'm on my tenth attempt to quit smoking. I find that after the 3rd day, I start to have wacky dreams. I'm relying on that at the moment lol
      Last edited by Saturnine; 04-25-2009 at 04:03 AM.
      "If only we could wake up to our dreams..."

we dont need to be slaves.... give few time(time is relevant passes quickly if you want) to your synapses to reorganize and free your self. if you believe that is easy to stop it then is easy,if you believe that is hard to stop it is hard. placebo effect experiments
      Last edited by LAUR; 04-26-2009 at 12:23 AM.
      IF YOU COMBINE YOUR WAKING RATIONAL ABILITIES WITH YOUR INFINITE POSSIBILITIES OF YOUR DREAMS YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING...

Echoes.333
      Desolation Row
      I think it would be interesting if you got yourself really tired, and then took a mild dose of mushrooms and then went to sleep, and if you would actually be tripping in your dreams, and possibly become lucid that way once you realize your actually tripping. Something i will try soon and report back

I had to stop smoking because of annual random piss tests at work. Shortly after I stopped, I had three dreams (three different nights) where I was stoned in my dream. Every time I woke up freaking out thinking it was real and that I had actually smoked. But then I would start remembering all the things wrong with the dream and I realize it wasn't real. They were fun dreams though.

St. Ittsville, Ontario Country:...... Canaduh, eh!... Planet:...... Specka dirt we call Urf
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Echoes of the meddle View Post
      I think it would be interesting if you got yourself really tired, and then took a mild dose of mushrooms and then went to sleep, and if you would actually be tripping in your dreams, and possibly become lucid that way once you realize your actually tripping. Something i will try soon and report back
      Try doing a "McKenna" - what he described as the "complete" trip, the real thing if you will: 5 grams of mushrooms in silent darkness. I almost died laughing the first time I read that. I suspect that the most I've ever done in one sitting is somewhere around 1 gram, give or take. I have vowed to do this experiment at least one time before I die. I can't eat them though, I have an aversion to shrooms, I actually will gag & puke if I try to just "crunch them down". Everyone used to say "put them in a spoon of honey - or jam" but that just made it worse. Best way I found was eating them in between something crunchier, like dad's oatmeal cookies, that sort of thing. I didn't even know they were in there like that. But to eat 5 grams would take a bag of cookies or more, and the last thing I wanna feel while tripping (especially that hard) is full to overflowing... I'd go Creosote for sure.

But to the whole notion of "mild doses" I think maybe that's the way to go, instead of blowing the head clean off just a little boost instead. Albert Hofmann was adamant about that idea, that even lsd in micro-doses was therepeutic & beneficial.

Dr. Albert Hofmann, on the occasion of celebrating the 50th anniversary of his famous bicycle ride:
      "You, my dear friends, and millions all over the world who now commemorate the 50th birthday of ergot's child, we all testify gratefully that we got valuable help on the way to what Aldous Huxley said is the end and the ultimate purpose of human life--enlightenment, beatific vision, love. I think all these joyful testimonies of invaluable help by LSD should be enough to convince the health authorities, finally, of the nonsense of the prohibition of LSD and of similar psychedelics."

"Drop 'til you dance!"
      Last edited by Phydeaux_3; 04-26-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: fix stuff
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

LD Count
      CA
      Dropped 2 tabs a few nights ago in a dream.

The main feeling was that of my eyes expanding and contracting massively.

Sig by XEDAN.

Tax Cannabis 2010

LD Count
      CA
      Quote Originally Posted by Phydeaux_3 View Post
      Try doing a "McKenna" - what he described as the "complete" trip, the real thing if you will: 5 grams of mushrooms in silent darkness. I almost died laughing the first time I read that. I suspect that the most I've ever done in one sitting is somewhere around 1 gram, give or take. I have vowed to do this experiment at least one time before I die. I can't eat them though, I have an aversion to shrooms, I actually will gag & puke if I try to just "crunch them down". Everyone used to say "put them in a spoon of honey - or jam" but that just made it worse. Best way I found was eating them in between something crunchier, like dad's oatmeal cookies, that sort of thing. I didn't even know they were in there like that. But to eat 5 grams would take a bag of cookies or more, and the last thing I wanna feel while tripping (especially that hard) is full to overflowing... I'd go Creosote for sure.

But to the whole notion of "mild doses" I think maybe that's the way to go, instead of blowing the head clean off just a little boost instead. Albert Hofmann was adamant about that idea, that even lsd in micro-doses was therepeutic & beneficial.

Dr. Albert Hofmann, on the occasion of celebrating the 50th anniversary of his famous bicycle ride:
      "You, my dear friends, and millions all over the world who now commemorate the 50th birthday of ergot's child, we all testify gratefully that we got valuable help on the way to what Aldous Huxley said is the end and the ultimate purpose of human life--enlightenment, beatific vision, love. I think all these joyful testimonies of invaluable help by LSD should be enough to convince the health authorities, finally, of the nonsense of the prohibition of LSD and of similar psychedelics."

I tried the "heroic trip" once, but ended up being distracted by friends. I'm guessing that I actually spend about 15-20 min. alone in silent darkness near the beginning of the trip, before I peaked, and another hour or two towards the end of it. I had the most intense closed eye visuals I've ever had, and when the sun came up, the sunrise had a giant transparent face. It was amazing. Gotta try it again sometime though so that I can get the full effects described by Mckenna.

Sig by XEDAN.

Tax Cannabis 2010

Banned
      Oregon...
      i had a wierd dream awhile ago, it was like 1852 and there were lazers and shit, i went to my friends eddies house and we smoked some pot he had growing in his front yard. i dont remember if i felt the effects...

q t pi
      LD Count
      Paraguay
      DJ Entries
      I've only drank alcohol and smoked a cigar. I just got a little light headed. I want to experiment with them.. in the dream of course.
      if you can read this then you are about to be punched

Poland, Poznań
      Taking drugs in dreams has never produced similar effects to taking them in real-life. Only once, few days or weeks after my first trip I had a dream that was wonderfully similar to the real thing. Otherwise it only made my dreams more surreal then usual.

Once I dreamt that I smoke DMT. I never smoked it in RL. The story goes like this:

I'm sitting with my friends, we take hits. One of them start laughing and says "I'm seeing myself". I thought "then she must be outside herself". Few second later I had a full-blown OoBE outside dream, in RL. The only one I ever had. It wasn't dream for sure. I wrote it down and my consciousness was nothing like LD, waking, dreaming, tripping, whatever.

Lurker
      i've dreamed different kinds of drugs first is marijuana with something sweet and i acutally felt the effect, second is red berries that a mayor has given me. the effect is psychadelic and last night i dreamed taking cockaine which i havent taken yet in real world. the effect is like i am invulnerable and wide awake. very interesting yet creepy

LD Count
      several
      Japan
      DJ Entries
      For me its weird. I'll dream about drugs but not really taking them lol. And they are always non-lucid dreams so I've never had the chance to experiment with something like this, but I've had really intense meditative experiences while lucid. One of them involved cruising through outer space and in another the dream space fell away around me. Anyway the non-lucid dreams usually involve mushrooms, like walking through field with two-story tall mushrooms, finding mushrooms, looking for them, or on rare occasions ingesting them but nothing happening. Haven't had those in a while though so perhaps my unconscious has moved on from that fixation lol.

I've had dreams where drinking was realistic though. The other night actually, I think it was some hard liquor that I was drinking and I remember feeling queasy in the dream Then upon waking up I was feeling really thirsty so maybe my body was out of balance or something I don't know.

Lucid Warrior
      Boston
      I've been clean from hard drugs for years. But every once in a while I'll have a dream that I'm using again and it feel exactly like I'm under the influence of that drug.
      I also have from time to time what I like to call "acid dreams." I'll dream that I am tripping. Sometimes it's because I took something in the dream. Other times it just kind of happens. They are usually highly enjoyable experiences.
      Neo Neo likes this.

LD Count
      Tried smoking weed and sniffing cocaine. I had some really strange effects but never tried drugs in waking life so I can't tell if it felt how it should feel (lol).

Never done drugs in real life, nor had a lucid dream about them. But I've dreamt about taking cocaine once in a dream, along with feeling the effects of it. It felt surprisingly realistic, complete with blackouts after the trip and me actually enjoying the experience. My father was there too, for some reason. Weird dream, but sadly I didn't remember too much to write down. Would've been a real interesting dream to figure out.

Lurker
      I did have one once. I was obviously drugged, i can't tell which drug it was though. Everything was moving and i felt really dumb. Then 2 kids came by laughing at me trying to start a fight. I suddenly realized that i had never taken that kind of drug and became lucid.Then, the effect of the drug disappeared, as if the realization ended my dumbness. It was night time, and very realistic. I can't identify the drug i took in the dream, but it felt like a mix between alcohol and weed.

Tripping balls. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <s><span class='glow_008000'>Astaroth</span></s>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Under your bed.
      DJ Entries
      A few times non-lucid. Yesterday I dreamt I took DMT and the effect was pretty accurate, almost exact visuals as the real ones, vibrating colors, 3D images, melting walls... Another time I took LSD, which I've never done, and got quite good visual effects too and feelings of numbness. The thing I notice different is the time it needs to start working, which is really different, needs a lot more.
      While lucid I've taken LSD, a lot actually, and the effect seems to be the same as while non-lucid.
      I like destruction and reality, and one invariably leads to the other.

'Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life?'
      'We die to remember what we live to forget'