• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How to exert FULL control over your dreams!

How to exert FULL control over your dreams!

I recently discovered a really cool technique to control any aspect of your dream.

First of all, you'll need a cell phone.

On your REAL cell phone, add a contact named either
      "My Subconscious" Or "God" whatever your more comfortable with.

Make the phone number anything, or even your own.

Now, next time your in a lucid dream simply reach into your pocket and pull out ur Dream-Cell give your sub-c a ring. Or hell, give god a call and ask him for anything you want.

There are other ways to do this same technique. For example, lets say theres a particular girl you want to meet

Give her a call & tell her to come over now.
      I found that the phone quality is quite amazing & guests usually can be find approaching down the street within seconds.

If your DC's phone goes to voicemail, leave them a text and wait outside.

If your dream feels like its getting less lucid, call your Sub-C and tell it to make it more vivid.

Enjoy

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      I don't think this would work for me. I really don't use telephones much. I can see this working for people who rely on their cell phones quite a bit. My girlfriend, for example, does absolutely everything on her iphone. Even when she is sitting right in front of the computer, or a land line, she still prefers the cell.

What is the coolest thing you have had happen using this trick?

Right here... Reputation: 9999
      DJ Entries
      Most techniques like this work for you, but not for others. That doesn't mean they're a bad idea. This sounds like something worth trying and having fun with.

As Robot_Butler asked, what have you accomplished with this trick?

Ive done plenty of cool things.

For example, I've been able to time travel through my thoughts & take me back to some great moments in my life.

What I've been trying to do is LD while a friend LDs & try to call each other to see if we can recall the convo in waking life. No luck yet, we havnt been able to LD the same time...yet

I've been able to make my dreams more lucid than ever imaginable. I call my Sub-C and tell myself when I answer "More lucid please". Then keep repeating "More... More. mooore!" It can get alarmingly real.

When I feel like Im about to wake up, I call my sub-c and tell me "Stay lucid longer please"

I've also been able to call my sub-c and tell me "Next time I dream I will be in my old house & I will KNOW I am dreaming, mk thx". And sure enough the following night I LD again just as I planned.

By far the most useful thing I've done is eliminate physical pain. I have a minor case of phantom limb (When war vets have their arm or w/e blown off, sometimes they still feel the pain of an arm thats not there). Well, a few years ago I crashed my bike and really messed up my mouth. I had a root canal on one of my front teeth and had it replaced with a porcelain tooth. I still feel pain in that tooth all the time even though its technically not there.

In one LD I called my sub-c and told me that "When I wake up I won't feel any pain in my teeth". When I woke up, my tooth area was completely numb. It stayed like this for the next 2 days, but then the pain came back & is still with me. Very cool concept though, Im sure if I condition myself to preform this in my dream - maybe it can be a permanent solution.

LD Count
      Fes (Fez)
      Just you rocks.
      That's what i'm calling CREATIVITY

GREAT USES, GREAT IDEAS, and YOU CAN TRY MORE AND MORE UNBELEIVABLE THINGS WITH THAT

I HOPE IT WILL WORKS FOR ME TOO

Quote Originally Posted by ReMuSoMeGa View Post
      Ive done plenty of cool things.

For example, I've been able to time travel through my thoughts & take me back to some great moments in my life.

What I've been trying to do is LD while a friend LDs & try to call each other to see if we can recall the convo in waking life. No luck yet, we havnt been able to LD the same time...yet

I've been able to make my dreams more lucid than ever imaginable. I call my Sub-C and tell myself when I answer "More lucid please". Then keep repeating "More... More. mooore!" It can get alarmingly real.

When I feel like Im about to wake up, I call my sub-c and tell me "Stay lucid longer please"

I've also been able to call my sub-c and tell me "Next time I dream I will be in my old house & I will KNOW I am dreaming, mk thx". And sure enough the following night I LD again just as I planned.

By far the most useful thing I've done is eliminate physical pain. I have a minor case of phantom limb (When war vets have their arm or w/e blown off, sometimes they still feel the pain of an arm thats not there). Well, a few years ago I crashed my bike and really messed up my mouth. I had a root canal on one of my front teeth and had it replaced with a porcelain tooth. I still feel pain in that tooth all the time even though its technically not there.

In one LD I called my sub-c and told me that "When I wake up I won't feel any pain in my teeth". When I woke up, my tooth area was completely numb. It stayed like this for the next 2 days, but then the pain came back & is still with me. Very cool concept though, Im sure if I condition myself to preform this in my dream - maybe it can be a permanent solution.

LD Count
      breathe for me
      gliding in the absolute
      Quote Originally Posted by marwanin View Post
      Just you rocks.
      That's what i'm calling CREATIVITY

GREAT USES, GREAT IDEAS, and YOU CAN TRY MORE AND MORE UNBELEIVABLE THINGS WITH THAT

I HOPE IT WILL WORKS FOR ME TOO
      I like the enthusiasm here. Really great.

LD Count
      10+
      San Francisco
      This probably wouldn't work for me. I had a false awakening last week and when I went to see if I had any new messages on my cell phone, it powered off and I couldn't get it to turn on again. Too bad I didn't do a RC.

The Pinsir Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Louisiana
      DJ Entries
      Wow. Sounds like a great idea. I'm not too sure if it'll work for me, but I'm sure its well worth a try!
      LD's: 7 [WILD: 1 DILD: 6 DEILD: 1]
      LD Goals:
      Have a Pokemon battle
      Meet a couple of historic figures

That's a great thing to try! I'm sure that it would work great for people who (like Robot Butler stated) use their cell phones on a regular basis. What I've found, personally, is that things work for me because I came up with the idea, and expect it to work, whereas when others try to use it, it dosn't work as well, if at all. I think that our minds believe that our idea will work, and hence, the placebo effect takes hold. When someone else gives us the idea, we might take it with a grain of salt, or think to ourselves "it works for them but will it work for me?" and therefore negate the placebo effect... Curse the subconsious's skeptical side!
      ...And then to dream...

Visit digitalblasphemy.com to see more great artwork by Ryan Bliss!

DJ Entries
      These kind of control techniques really piss me off because they don't address the key issues. It's like saying light bulbs work because they are round and ignoring the fact that it's electricity that make them work.

Reliable control comes from stable archetypes, which you developed from excessive cell phone usage. It has nothing to do with expectations or placebo effects. That cell phone thing is a highly personalized thing that works for you.
      LRT and Reverie Phantom like this.

Jello
      Cool technique. I'll use this in my next lucid.I find it's easier for me to control things if I do it passively and this is a great way to do that. Thanks for this idea
      Lucid dreaming makes for a wonderful night's play.

BC
      Naiya told me to try this yesterday, I should really get around to it tonight.
      Asking for anything should be interesting

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      These kind of control techniques really piss me off because they don't address the key issues. It's like saying light bulbs work because they are round and ignoring the fact that it's electricity that make them work.

Reliable control comes from stable archetypes, which you developed from excessive cell phone usage. It has nothing to do with expectations or placebo effects. That cell phone thing is a highly personalized thing that works for you.
      This.

The idea of well developed archetypes working well has always been true in my experiences. For me, my excessive CoX playtime allows me to do pretty much anything I've extensively worked with in the game. Like flying. Seriously, flying is as easy as hitting a button for me.

This cell phone thing would not work for me, at all, because I rarely use my cell. Actually, I rarely, if ever, encounter any sort of phone in my dreams.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

The Netherlands
      Wow, that sounds great! Calling your sub-c to tell ask for somthing. I'll try it. But I wonder if it will work for me... I have a real hard time reading in dreams. Letters keep changing and often letters don't even look like letters. And I never have cellphones in my dreams. Now that I think of it, i can not recall ever having electronic devices in my dreams. But I'll try to put my hand in my pocket and get out my phone and make a phone call.

I really wonder if it would work for me. Would be really cool if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post

There is no "Magic Bullet" for controlling your LD. No need to get pissed over a personalized technique - after all....is there any other kind?

Riverside, California.
      I tried this but when I called my subconcious he told me he was busy.

that guy can be a real jerk sometimes.

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkonius View Post
      I tried this but when I called my subconcious he told me he was busy.

that guy can be a real jerk sometimes.

HAHAHA that's awesome!

I've tried summoning DCs with the cell phone, they usually pop right over. It seemed pretty intuitive to use a cell phone for calling. I've never tried it for controlling everything or talking to my subconscious though, interesting. Whatever works for you!

Trumpet master :D The young dreamer's Avatar
      NZ Christchruch
      I'v tryed something like this except it was a button on my watch which brought up a holographic screen. Then I could just select what I wanted in the dream a bit like drag and drop on a computer.
      Lucid dreams since started:50
      Good Lucid dreams:25
      Dilds=49
      Wilds=1 woot

>>><<<

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ReMuSoMeGa View Post
      There is no "Magic Bullet" for controlling your LD. No need to get pissed over a personalized technique - after all....is there any other kind?
      He is justified in his anger. The technique in question was advertised as the end all be all method for controlling dreams. All that was presented was, as you said, a personal technique.

Now, if this was used as an example to show that well defined archetypes lead to high levels of dream control, with all the bull "Best Technique EVAR!" cut out, then I'm sure The Cusp would be happier. Because, really, that's all that's happening here.
      LRT likes this.

Riverside, California.

:(

I tried this technique again last night.

results: I said, "I'm coming over. Bye!" and then hung up. Then I clapped my hands together (my transportation technique) and everything went black. Then I was falling backwards faster and faster and then I lost lucidity. (meaning I had more dreams but they weren't lucid)

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      This thread would be more aptly titled, "How I exert full control over my dreams.

This would not work for me. I have never used a phone in my dream. The only electronics I have ever used in dreams are video games. I didn't use a cel phone until the military forced me to buy one when I was 26.

That's great that is works for you though.

I grew up learning about myths, and reading fantasy books, tall tales, and legends. That is why I shapeshift, have elemental control and become the great god Pan in my dreams. That is the kind of stuff I think is cool. You think having a "sub-C" is cool, so it works for you. This will work for anyone that thinks it's cool, and believes it will. I will probably never pull a cell phone out of my pocket in dreams, because I don't like answering the phone half the time in waking life.

I used to have video game dreams, but the games always sucked and were disappointing.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Philly
      DJ Entries
      Wow, this sound like a cool idea, im gonna try it tonight.

I tried to call my subconcious, but his phone was off. I just ended up doing regular control.
      DILD: 14
      WILD: 0
      Lucid Goals: Improve Dream Control [\] Improve advanced control [ ] Fight a DC [\] Have a successful WILD [ ]

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Mzzkc View Post
      Now, if this was used as an example to show that well defined archetypes lead to high levels of dream control, with all the bull "Best Technique EVAR!" cut out, then I'm sure The Cusp would be happier. Because, really, that's all that's happening here.
      If that were the case I'd have no problem with the claim of Best Technique Ever. There are actually very few techniques, only a large variation on how they can be applied. People get distracted by the variations and lost sight of the basics. I just don't like people making things worse.
      LRT likes this.

The Land of Po
      I actually tried making a call in my LD, before. I called a friend who I knew would be awake at the time (different time zone), because I had this silly thought that maybe she'd get that call in real life. Unfortunately, I woke up before anyone picked up

Anyway, a cool idea. Might work for me, since I have my cell with me in my LD's most of the time (I use it to check the time as a RC).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast