• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Curious

A Forgotten Dream

Has anyone had any experience where you have had a dream that felt important that was forcibly forgotten? I had this happen to me, there was this dream which I just feel I made a promise to someone in it (someone that I am pretty sure I don't know in my life). Just as I woke up the dream with all of the details (not even a single one) just disappeared. I'm sorry that I can't explain this clearly it's just something you would have to experience for yourself. Am I over-thinking this or is it something that happens regularly for other people. By the way, I don't remember making the promise, I just feel like I did.

Banned
      LD Count
      LOL I UNNO
      Wherever major appliances are sold!
      DJ Entries
      I was about to make a thread sort of like this, about forgetting really big dreams, but knowing they happened. I don't think it was forced. I think you just didn't have recall of it.

Curious

Probably

I just didn't like how I had forgotten the dream so fast. That had never happened to me before. Usually I forget certain details (like faces) of the dream. Plus I'm the type who tends to over think stuff. The reason why I thought that it might be important is because I have had dreams that have become real and it makes me wonder if it is one of those.

LD Count
      Many
      In a cold, cold place...
      DJ Entries
      Well...when I was like in 2nd grade, I had this pointless dream where it was winter, and I was with some random DC guy. It was night, in a VERY open area, just snow, really. One house, but then, just snow. He gave me A STICK. I forgot about it. A YEAR OR SO LATER, I had a dream that referred to this dream. It was in opposite conditions- the sun was setting/rising, and we were in a dessert, me and the SAME DC GUY FROM THAT DREAM I HAD A YEAR AGO! He asked me if I still had the stick he gave me. I said no...

Oddly random, yes, but, there ya go . Though I don't know if this was IMPORTANT- but it was odd that I randomly remembered it through a dream, but it makes sense. In dreams, you have more access to memories, or something, I believe.
      If you see a strange typo in my post, blame my iPad for that.

Short story series about LD'ing:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/artists-corner/140705-short-story-series-community-involvement-needed.html#post1990516