• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Thread: my dead mom

    1. #1
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      california
      Posts
      2
      Likes
      0

      my dead mom

      hi im 15 and my mom died 3 years ago . . .is there any way i cant get a glimps of her and mabye have a conversation with her if anyone could write back i would bevery pleased
      john

    2. #2
      Crazy Cat Lady Burns's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Gender
      Posts
      8,024
      Likes
      45
      I'm sorry for your loss.

      The good thing about LDing is that you have the power the control your dreams. However, to be able to LD and have enough control to change the dream takes a lot of time, effort, and practice. If you haven't already, the tutorials will be very helpful in getting you started in LDing.

      I'm sorry if this sounds like empty advice. I would love to tell you that you will be able to talk to your mom again via some otherworldly experience, but I can't. But her spirit lives within you, so you can bring that to the surface through your dreams. If you get proficient enough at LDing and dream control, you may be able to spend time with her and talk to her again - but all in a dream setting.

      Good luck

    3. #3
      Dreamer italianmonkey's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Gender
      Location
      italy
      Posts
      669
      Likes
      1
      DJ Entries
      1
      hope you'll find the way to say goodbye
      I lost a classmate, he was a friend. I called him in a dream and said goodbye. Then i felt better, and never looked for him again. I wish the same could happen to you.

      a big hug

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      0
      I actually lost a dog not so long ago... I found him again in an LD, after increasing the realism a little. It was awesome. His death has become much less pressing and depressing.

      After all, now I can always find him and play with him - I think that is what makes death so horrible. You think you will never hear or see that person/pet again, not until your own deathbed at least.
      ----

      Winners never quit and quitters never win, but those who do not quit and do not win are idiots.

    5. #5
      Member Enki's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Gender
      Location
      above the clouds
      Posts
      25
      Likes
      1
      I lost my sister six years ago. I dream about her a lot. She's in a lot of my LDs and I have adventures with her like I never had or could've had here. So, in a way she lives on ...
      Using LDs there's still hope for you to meet and talk to your mom again.

    6. #6
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24

      That sucks

      I am sorry to here about that captain.

      This is another related topic that may help.

      Passed away fathers dreams

    7. #7
      Crazy Cat Lady Burns's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Gender
      Posts
      8,024
      Likes
      45
      Originally posted by banner88
      I actually lost a dog not so long ago... I found him again in an LD, after increasing the realism a little. It was awesome. His death has become much less pressing and depressing.

      After all, now I can always find him and play with him - I think that is what makes death so horrible. You think you will never hear or see that person/pet again, not until your own deathbed at least.
      Thank you for sharing that. I work in veterinary medicine and I've never thought about people reconnecting with their deceased pets through lucid dreaming. I'm going to keep that in mind for those people who are having a hard time dealing with the loss. Thanks again!

    8. #8
      He will have his revenge Aphius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Halloween Town
      Posts
      1,955
      Likes
      4
      Originally posted by Burns
      I work in veterinary medicine and I've never thought about people reconnecting with their deceased pets through lucid dreaming. I'm going to keep that in mind for those people who are having a hard time dealing with the loss. Thanks again!
      That would certainly be an interesting thing to refer to the clientele.
      These are the tears that I dream about...

    9. #9
      Crazy Cat Lady Burns's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Gender
      Posts
      8,024
      Likes
      45
      Originally posted by Aphius
      That would certainly be an interesting thing to refer to the clientele.
      Heh, you'd be surprised what some people will do during the grieving process. You wouldn't believe half the stories I could tell you...

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •