• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 182
    Like Tree20Likes

    Thread: PS3 vs. 360, which one??

    1. #51
      Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Mes Tarrant's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Gender
      Location
      New Zea-la-land
      Posts
      6,775
      Likes
      34
      I would get a PC and then all PC versions of games I want but, right now portability is an issue. I'm not settled in one place for long, and besides that I need something I can carry to a friend's place.

      But in the future I'll definitely invest in a PC.

    2. #52
      Be a man of Value. Jorge's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Pico Rivera
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      22
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarsier View Post
      you're making the wrong choice
      Quote Originally Posted by O'nus View Post
      Why Xbox?

      Unless you're really into Halo and don't have a gaming PC, why would you get an Xbox..?

      I honestly do not get it. You say that you shouldn't just say, "Cause it sux" but that is all I see from Xbox fanboys.

      I own all systems and I honestly can say I have no use for the XBox except for a potential exclusive that isn't on the PC (ie. Alan Wake).

      Online

      Speaking of the online crap - have you ever called tech support for xbox live? It's a friggin nightmare! I was on the line with this woman for 2 hours about my xbox live router and the best question she could come up with is if the power was on! OF COURSE IT WAS ON! I've only been more mad at my cell phone support.

      At least if I call Sony, I live a short distance away from a major sony distributor and could have it fixed. I once had a problem with my PS2 and it was replaced within a week.

      PS3 Slim

      As a side note, I own the PS3 Slim and have played it straight for several hours often at a time. It has never over heated and I have not really had a problem with it at all. People say it has backward compatibility issues but.. I haven't tried because I also have a PS2 to play those on (on a separate TV).

      Games

      Honestly, why do people bring up Gears of War so much still?

      Even a Gears fan has to admit that even Uncharted 2 beats it. Just take a look at the hiding system.

      If there is still room to argue; Modern Warfare 2. Not uptalking the PS here or anything but just saying that Gears is not such a good game at all when comparing it to the likes to such multiplayer beasts like CoD.

      PC vs. XBox/PS3

      Reason would illustrate that if you can get the game on the PC, it's the better choice. Here's why:

      + Customization on the PC is infinitely possible
      - You cannot custom on console
      - When I say customize, I mean custom maps. Just take a look at the game Portal to see what I mean.
      + Controller
      - Any controller you could possibly argue is better than PC... can be hooked up to a PC.
      + DLC
      - Free DLC vs. Paid. Need I say more?

      ~


      Just let the fanboy be

    3. #53
      King of All Wild Things Tarsier's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      573
      Likes
      62
      i doubt mes has money to spend on a powerful enough PC to run those games as well or better than on the consoles.
      360 comes with a mic, and for that reason it has a better online experience. you can actually communicate with your teammates. of course there are annoying little kids every once in a while, but if you play the right games it's easy to stay away from them. there are a lot less than people say. the ps3 does not come with a mic, you have to buy them separately, so unless you just like single player games that is a problem.
      also i have never had a problem with my xbox live, i use a cable which makes it easier. my router is bad too.

      i've played games on the PC since i was 9 and after switching to consoles i have had a much better experience. i like the xbox 360 controllers a lot (i hate the ps3 ones, the analog sticks are too close together, the shoulder buttons dont feel right, it doesn't fit in your hands properly and it feels cheap), i also don't feel like the exclusives for the ps3 are that interesting. i was never an indiana jones fan so uncharted does nothing for me. i also don't like mgs.
      depends on your personal preferences. mes should get the console she likes best, and she should try them out before she buys. try the controllers and see which ones you like more, try the games or see which ones are more interesting to you, etc.


      what kinds of games are you interested in mes?
      Last edited by Tarsier; 02-11-2010 at 05:46 AM.
      LDs since joining DV:
      DILD:56
      WILD:2
      last LD: Wednesday, March 31, 2010

    4. #54
      King of All Wild Things Tarsier's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      573
      Likes
      62
      Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
      Just let the fanboy be
      LDs since joining DV:
      DILD:56
      WILD:2
      last LD: Wednesday, March 31, 2010

    5. #55
      Be a man of Value. Jorge's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Pico Rivera
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      22
      This

      Quote Originally Posted by Car˘usoul View Post
      Alright, children, quiet down. I'm here to settle this. And you know you can trust me.

      There is not one overall winner in this particular console war, HOWEVER there are contextual winners, and for the most part the PS3 comes out on top.


      Why? You may ask. Well, if we had this thread 1 year ago then it would have been the Xbox 360 as a nobrainer. However the world of gming has dramatically changed since then, and now it's become almost entirely the opposite.

      Let's start the analysis by looking at Exclusive games. Now these are games which are ONLY available on one system. We use the term "Multiplatform" for games available on both. So here I'm going to compare the top exclusives for both systems.


      Spoiler for A note on Xbox Exclusives:



      The most recent games of course we are in now a good position to evaluate. So let's look at the TOP REVIEWED exclusive games for the year 2009:

      Now Firstly I'm going to give you the exclusive Games with a METACRITIC score of 85+ from each platform.

      According to Metacritic, for 2009:

      Xbox 360:
      Forza Motorsport 3 [92% Good Reviews]

      Now the only other contender is Left 4 Dead 2, however considering it is primarily a PC game, it should not truly be counted as an exclusive.

      PS3:
      Uncharted 2: Among Thieves [96% Good Reviews]
      Killzone 2 [92% Good Reviews]
      God of War Collection [91% Good Reviews]
      Demon's Souls [89% Good Reviews]
      InFAMOUS [85% Good Reviews]
      Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time [87% Good Reviews]



      So combining this result with multiplatforms, for 2009 the board was essentially sweeped by Sony. Not to mention that previously 360 exclusive titles are consistently coming to PS3, with added features: see Vesperia, Star Ocean, Liberty City Stories.



      OK, So that's GAMES for 2009. What about upcoming games? How is 2010 Looking to shape up?

      Well it's much more even than last year's essential massacre, However I still feel the PS3 comes out on top.

      So here are good looking either confirmed or basically confirmed exclusives for 2010:

      Xbox 360:
      Mass Effect 2 [This is already out now, and having played it I can say it's a great game.]
      Alan Wake
      Bioshock 2
      Crackdown 2
      Halo: Reach
      Fable 3
      Demons of Mercy
      Super Star

      PS3:
      Final Fantasy Versus XIII
      Gran Turismo 5
      Heavy Rain [My personal most anticipated game of the year]
      The Last Guardian
      White Knight Chronicles 2
      God of War 3
      MAG
      Agent
      Yakuza 3
      Yakuza 4
      Twisted Metal
      Resistance 3
      Starhawk


      Now, you may think in terms of quantity these lists look alot closer, which indeed is the case. But let me explain why I feel the PS3 list is the better, and why it will appeal more personally to YOU Mes. Also you Nina.


      Let's run through 2010 exclusives one more time, this time considering the style of game:

      Xbox 360:
      Mass Effect 2 [Sci Fi RPG]
      Alan Wake [Horror]
      Bioshock 2 [Undersea Shooter Horror]
      Crackdown 2 [3rd Person Shooting Madness]
      Halo: Reach [First Person Shooter]
      Fable 3 [Fantasy RPG]
      Demons of Mercy [Action(little yet known)]

      So what are the trends: Shooting and RPG basically is the deal here.

      Now the PS3 list is actually far more interesting, and revolutionary, whilst as you can see the 360 list is stale status quo gaming. (Just look at all them sequels).

      PS3:
      Final Fantasy Versus XIII [Final Fantasy, you know the drill]
      Gran Turismo 5 [Racing]
      Heavy Rain [Practically an interactive and mature movie. The first of it's kind and likely to revolutionise the way we consider Video Games]
      The Last Guardian [From team Ico, makers of Shadow of the Collosus, this game looks to be equally unidentifiable, you play as a small boy who befriends a giant Griffin-Like creature:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4E0e-ZCn14]
      White Knight Chronicles 2 [Fantasy RPG]
      God of War 3 [Hack nd Slash
      MAG [First Person Shooter of unprecedented scale: 256 players in a battle at once]
      Agent [Adventure]
      Yakuza 3 [Sandbox Adventure]
      Yakuza 4 [Sandbox Adventure]
      Twisted Metal [Racing]
      Resistance 3 [First Person Shooter]
      Starhawk[Aerial Combat]


      Now you must see the difference here. PS3 certinly has it's share of shooters and RPG, but it is alsogoing beyond that this year. Games like MAG, which revolutionises FPS, games like Heavy Rain, which revolutionise gaming, Games like The Last Guardian, which are one of the few instances video games can be considered art.


      So as is undeniable, unless you're a shooting loving 13 year old, is that the PS3 is as of now the better choice, without a doubt. This isn't even to mention the pre-2009 games [Metal Gear Solid 4, widely regarded as one of the greatest endings to a series ever].


      Now on the other hand, if you do mainly enjoy what you're used to in video games, so shooting and bland fantasy adventures, then choose a 360, because you'll honestly be happier.


      OK. So that is games.

      What about hardware, other features? Well it's known that the PS3 is the higher-powered piece of kit, due to it's cell processor. It also takes blu-ray discs. What this practically means is that FAR more information can be stored on a disc for a PS3. A good example is Final Fantasy XIII, which is on One disc for the PS3, and 3 discs for the Xbox [even with reduced content].

      PS3 has FREE online play, inbuilt WiFi, default wireless controllers, easily chargeable. The Hard Drive is replacable with a typical laptop hardrive, so you can easily upgrade your space.

      The Xbox 360 has subscription payed online features, Wired and wireless controllers, and WiFi etc needs to bought seperately from microsoft, at an absurd price.


      AN IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING XBOX 360 HARDWARE: The Xbox is INFAMOUS for it's so called "Red Ring of Death" which can happen any time, and renders the console useless. The current estimated failure rates for the Xbox 360 are as high as "54.2%". Which frankly is absolutely ridiculous. http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/176741.asp

      The editor of the leading gaming news website Kotaku.com has himself admitted to having SEVEN xboxes break down so far. Which honestly is absolutely ridiculous, PARTICULARLY for such a shoddy service in the first place.



      OK, so we've seen hardware, PS3 won, We've seen Games, PS3 won. The only last thing is PRICE.

      Now the PS3 used to be awful here. With a $600 release price it was a disgrace and this is the reason it failed to launch early on in it's lifespan. However last September Sony radically reduced the price of the PS3 and gave it a new model: The PS3 Slim. Now this is as low as $250 on sale new.

      The Xbox 360 was always about this price, and now can be got at $199. However when you add on to the retail price the cost of extras that are included with the PS3, such as a Wireless adaptor and online subscription, The Xbox 360 comes out as MORE expensive than the PS3.



      So the PS3 at this point in it's life is better in every respect than the Xbox 360.

      If you want to play online by the way, you'll find yourself amongst more players of your own age on the PLaystation Network. Surveys have shown the typical age of Playstation owners as consistently higher than 360 owners.

      The classic idea of age goes as thus: Wii for ages 0-12, Xbox 360 for ages 12-18, PS3 for ages 18+.

      This is also reflected in the games. Wii goes for cartoony happy games, 360 goes for mindless shooting, and PS3 goes for interesting generally "movie-like" games.

      Also Xbox LIVE [the xbox online network] Is one of the most horrible places to play ever. I know this from experience, there is a ridiculous amount of foul mouthed 13 years olds, it's frustrating. PSN is significantly better in my experience. Less people have mics, but all that really means is less kids screaming at you.



      And finally, the most important aspect is that since I sold my 360 and bought a gaming PC to replace it I only play PS3, and so if either of you buy a PS3, you can play online with me :3


      So in short, PS3, there never was another choice. [Also yeah, PS3 games are region free Mes, and far more prevalent in your part of the world]




      EDIT: also Blu Ray movies are wonderful, and really should be experienced if you have a HD tv. There's a VAST difference between Blu Ray and DVD. It's one step closer to actually being there, really.

      To This


      Quote Originally Posted by Tarsier View Post
      i doubt mes has money to spend on a powerful enough PC to run those games as well or better than on the consoles.
      360 comes with a mic, and for that reason it has a better online experience. you can actually communicate with your teammates. of course there are annoying little kids every once in a while, but if you play the right games it's easy to stay away from them. there are a lot less than people say. the ps3 does not come with a mic, you have to buy them separately, so unless you just like single player games that is a problem.
      also i have never had a problem with my xbox live, i use a cable which makes it easier. my router is bad too.

      i've played games on the PC since i was 9 and after switching to consoles i have had a much better experience. i like the xbox 360 controllers a lot (i hate the ps3 ones, the analog sticks are too close together, the shoulder buttons dont feel right, it doesn't fit in your hands properly and it feels cheap), i also don't feel like the exclusives for the ps3 are that interesting. i was never an indiana jones fan so uncharted does nothing for me. i also don't like mgs.
      depends on your personal preferences. mes should get the console she likes best, and she should try them out before she buys. try the controllers and see which ones you like more, try the games or see which ones are more interesting to you, etc.


      what kinds of games are you interested in mes?



      She's really making the wrong choice...

    6. #56
      Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Mes Tarrant's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Gender
      Location
      New Zea-la-land
      Posts
      6,775
      Likes
      34
      Well I own a PS2 (and 1), so if the PS3 controller is similar, then that's the one I prefer. I have briefly held the XBOX one at stores and didn't like them. I really think it comes down to what you were exposed to first, and for me it happened to be the playstation one.

      I've taken a look at the games available to each console, and I prefer the PS3 list. I don't like FPS games, mainly because they get me too worked up... I much prefer RPGs or weird puzzle games like Braid.

      That and as I've said, at this point looks like I don't have a choice, given that XBOX canNOT play games from other regions.

    7. #57
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The Weak and the Wounded
      Posts
      4,925
      Likes
      485
      Quote Originally Posted by Mes Tarrant View Post
      Well I own a PS2 (and 1), so if the PS3 controller is similar, then that's the one I prefer. I have briefly held the XBOX one at stores and didn't like them. I really think it comes down to what you were exposed to first, and for me it happened to be the playstation one.

      I've taken a look at the games available to each console, and I prefer the PS3 list. I don't like FPS games, mainly because they get me too worked up... I much prefer RPGs or weird puzzle games like Braid.

      That and as I've said, at this point looks like I don't have a choice, given that XBOX canNOT play games from other regions.
      The PS3 controller is practically identical to the PS1 and 2 ones, except it's wireless and has slightly deeper L2 and R2 buttons.

      Yeah. I encourage you to look into the list I posted of upcoming games. I think The Last Guardian will be right up your street from what you've said.

    8. #58
      Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Mes Tarrant's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Gender
      Location
      New Zea-la-land
      Posts
      6,775
      Likes
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by Car˘usoul View Post
      The PS3 controller is practically identical to the PS1 and 2 ones, except it's wireless and has slightly deeper L2 and R2 buttons.

      Yeah. I encourage you to look into the list I posted of upcoming games. I think The Last Guardian will be right up your street from what you've said.
      Yeah I did look at that list, which is much appreciated btw, and watched reviews for most of them. And the Last Guardian looks... SOOO unique, it almost makes me want to cry. Will definitely get it.

      Too bad I got stuck on SotC just because I couldn't make a friggin ledge jump. Balls.

    9. #59
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The Weak and the Wounded
      Posts
      4,925
      Likes
      485
      Quote Originally Posted by Mes Tarrant View Post
      And the Last Guardian looks... SOOO unique, it almost makes me want to cry. Will definitely get it.
      If the big griffin dies at the end I am going to weep. Weep. WEEP.

    10. #60
      Bio-Turing Machine O'nus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      - Canada -
      Posts
      4,167
      Likes
      116
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarsier View Post
      i doubt mes has money to spend on a powerful enough PC to run those games as well or better than on the consoles.
      Prices are pretty much similar. Plus, PS3 slim is rather cheap too. I don't think debating from a price stand point will hold water, especially for an xbox (cost for online additives). However, you are right; a gaming PC is definitely the most expensive.

      360 comes with a mic, and for that reason it has a better online experience.
      You can buy a mic for like $20..

      you can actually communicate with your teammates.
      I guess you havn't played PSN..? I have no problem talking with my team-mates at all..?

      I don't experience any real difference between the two consoles online. Doesn't it depend on what systems your friends have..?

      If you want to debate which system has best online communication, then PC wins by a landslide. (Vent FTW)

      of course there are annoying little kids every once in a while, but if you play the right games it's easy to stay away from them. there are a lot less than people say.
      This is fairly applicable to all systems except PC. PC costs more and adults take up a large portion of the players online. PS3 has it's fair share of morons too honestly.

      the ps3 does not come with a mic, you have to buy them separately, so unless you just like single player games that is a problem.
      What..? Mic's are cheap man. Also, how much is your xbox live costing..?

      also i have never had a problem with my xbox live, i use a cable which makes it easier. my router is bad too.

      i've played games on the PC since i was 9 and after switching to consoles i have had a much better experience. i like the xbox 360 controllers a lot (i hate the ps3 ones, the analog sticks are too close together, the shoulder buttons dont feel right, it doesn't fit in your hands properly and it feels cheap), i also don't feel like the exclusives for the ps3 are that interesting. i was never an indiana jones fan so uncharted does nothing for me. i also don't like mgs.
      What exclusive on the Xbox are you so favorable about? I don't see one that's worth mentioning, especially one that is not on the PC.

      depends on your personal preferences. mes should get the console she likes best, and she should try them out before she buys. try the controllers and see which ones you like more, try the games or see which ones are more interesting to you, etc.

      what kinds of games are you interested in mes?
      Best gaming systems is easily PC and PS3. Otherwise, I'd just go PS3.

      The moral of the story is..

      ..


      ..


      ..


      MAC'S SUCK

      ~

    11. #61
      The Illuminated One iLight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Pyramid.............. Job: Webmaster
      Posts
      433
      Likes
      3
      PS3 all the way ..... cant get enough of it even thought im not playing it hehe


      Proud Owner & Co-creator of GamerzTrust.com & Gotmovies.net

    12. #62
      King of All Wild Things Tarsier's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      573
      Likes
      62
      numps
      LDs since joining DV:
      DILD:56
      WILD:2
      last LD: Wednesday, March 31, 2010

    13. #63
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      The reason I bought a 360 over a PS3 (or really at all, for that matter) was because Tales of Vesperia was exclusive for it. Then they decided to make it less exclusive and released a superior PS3 version.

      Now there is basically zero reason to own a 360 over a PS3.
      Quote Originally Posted by Car˘usoul View Post
      the world of gming
      *gayming

    14. #64
      SKA
      SKA is offline
      Human Being SKA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Here, Now
      Posts
      2,472
      Likes
      68
      Quote Originally Posted by Mes Tarrant View Post
      Here's the deal. I want to get one of those two, use it primarily for gaming, and I should also mention that I'll be getting a Korean version and wanting to play US games.

      After reading a bit about both, my concerns are these:

      Xbox 360
      - Tougher to play games from outside the country of purchase, unless those games don't come with regional codes.
      - Apparently has a loud fan.
      - Breaks often.

      PS3
      - Is a better machine on paper but in reality frame rate and graphics quality seems to be worse. Two games I'm specifically thinking about right now, that I want but have these issues, are Dragon Age and (maybe) Bayonetta.

      Thoughts? Advice??
      Hi Mes,

      I've got an Xbox 360 and I can't say I've ever been bothered by the fan noise.
      I don't have it for a very long time and it still works fine, but I've heard it does break down often. However this seems to only be the case with die hard extremist-gamers that play for days and days on end, just overheating their Xbox thus breaking it.

      However I've also heard of 2 such specific gamer fanatics that have burned up 3 Xbox 360s this way, but everytime they got a new one from microsoft when they sent their broken 360 back to microsoft.
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

      not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

    15. #65
      aka Raphael Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      CRAZY BONE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      828
      Likes
      79
      Quote Originally Posted by O'nus View Post
      MAC'S SUCK

    16. #66
      Drivel's Advocate Xaqaria's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      WhoIsJohnGalt?
      Gender
      Location
      Denver, CO Catchphrase: BullCockie!
      Posts
      5,589
      Likes
      930
      DJ Entries
      9
      Quote Originally Posted by Car˘usoul View Post
      You're ignorant to the game. It is not mere quick time events, it's far more complex than that, also the key point of it is the story and immersion. Heavy rain could not have been pulled off with a set control scheme.

      When you're working off innaccurate memes like "press x to jason" then you are clearly ignorant to the actual game, and I have no time for your type, if you would prefer to wallow down there.
      Judging purely on "Indigo Prophecy" I'd say the negative expectations are warranted. Indigo Prophecy was the single most boring game I've ever played.

      The ability to happily respond to any adversity is the divine.
      Art
      Dream Journal Shaman Apprentice Chronicles

    17. #67
      King of All Wild Things Tarsier's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      573
      Likes
      62
      dude i just watched a leaked video of that game where you get to watch the main character take a pee. really bizarre.
      LDs since joining DV:
      DILD:56
      WILD:2
      last LD: Wednesday, March 31, 2010

    18. #68
      mrrrhhr Dear's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      16
      Likes
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarsier View Post
      Get an Xbox 360 because it has Mass Effect 2 which is the best game in the universe.
      ...

    19. #69
      Be a man of Value. Jorge's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Pico Rivera
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      22
      Quote Originally Posted by Xaqaria View Post
      Judging purely on "Indigo Prophecy" I'd say the negative expectations are warranted. Indigo Prophecy was the single most boring game I've ever played.
      Really? I found it great...sort of.

      I played it on my PC (didn't like it on the PC) and I was hooked. I've come to conclude that your surroundings can actually enhance or dehance your game. (yes I made a word) I was playing it in a dark room, and I immersed myself into the game and setting. Although I didn't finish it, (it was a pirated copy & messed up often) I would still definitely buy a PS version. I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain.

    20. #70
      used to be Guerilla
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      2,929
      Likes
      102
      Quote Originally Posted by Mes Tarrant View Post
      Here's the deal. I want to get one of those two, use it primarily for gaming, and I should also mention that I'll be getting a Korean version and wanting to play US games.

      After reading a bit about both, my concerns are these:

      Xbox 360
      - Tougher to play games from outside the country of purchase, unless those games don't come with regional codes.
      - Apparently has a loud fan.
      - Breaks often.

      PS3
      - Is a better machine on paper but in reality frame rate and graphics quality seems to be worse. Two games I'm specifically thinking about right now, that I want but have these issues, are Dragon Age and (maybe) Bayonetta.

      Thoughts? Advice??

      in my honest opinion its ps3...the reason you see sketchy framerates on ps3 is because the game you have the frame issues with are always multiplatform games.

      PS3 exclusive titles have ZERO framerate problems...the reason ps3 doesnt play well with multiplatforms is because the make the game for 360 and do a quick and dirty port to ps3 without usuing the cell processor fully.


      Also, I prefer not to pay 60 bucks a year for online gaming, i pay 0 dollars on ps3.

      The thing that I DO like about 360 is the controller:

      Its heavier
      Its more comfy
      The triggers are more easy on carpal tunnel sufferers
      looks nice

      (the d-pad sucks though, ps3 d-pad owns)

      The other things I like about 360 is the exclusive titles such as left 4 dead 1 and 2...etc halo 3 gears of war...etc


      In my honest opinion though PS3 gets the winner due to its enormous feature list, here are a few things:

      - 256 multiplayer games in real time with minimal lag
      - upgradable hard drive (not forced to buy sony hd's like 360 does)
      - Exclusives: Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Infamous...etc...etc resistance 2
      - Free internet
      - Web browser
      - Netflix
      - Movie rentals
      - PSone classics
      - Cell processor SPU's
      - Comes with chargable controllers no battery buying
      - Blu ray, DUH!
      - MAG (256 player online)
      - Batman AA (exclusive joker DLC)
      - Simple to use UI and reliable
      - Less system Failures
      - No crappy CD-tray
      - no ugly giant powersupply on the outside like 360


      but to conclude this post

      I LOVE both systems in their own ways but prefer ps3, lets not start fanboy wars.
      Mes Tarrant likes this.
      I would rather die on my feet then to live on my knees.

    21. #71
      King of All Wild Things Tarsier's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      573
      Likes
      62
      ps3 is the worst console ever
      LDs since joining DV:
      DILD:56
      WILD:2
      last LD: Wednesday, March 31, 2010

    22. #72
      Lucid Natural Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Eonnn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      LD Count
      1000+
      Gender
      Location
      The Aether
      Posts
      850
      Likes
      328
      DJ Entries
      36
      I would prefer PS3 over xbox for a few reasons:
      1.) can play divX movies
      2.) can play online multiplayer for free
      3.) better games
      4.) easy to setup and use
      5.) doesn't break so easily

    23. #73
      Bio-Turing Machine O'nus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      - Canada -
      Posts
      4,167
      Likes
      116
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarsier View Post
      bottom line: get the console with the games you care about. don't listen to fanboys who say "there is no reason to get this console cause it suxx".
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarsier View Post
      ps3 is the worst console ever
      Did I not just say that I see Xbox fanboys doing this all the time..?

      ~

    24. #74
      Be a man of Value. Jorge's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Pico Rivera
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      22
      Quote Originally Posted by O'nus View Post
      Did I not just say that I see Xbox fanboys doing this all the time..?

      ~
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarsier View Post
      ps3 is the worst console ever



      As I said before in the other page of the thread...




      Just let the fanboy be
      O'nus and guerilla like this.

    25. #75
      Callapygian Superstar Goldney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Budapest
      Posts
      1,901
      Likes
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Car˘usoul View Post
      If the big griffin dies at the end I am going to weep. Weep. WEEP.
      It's inevitable bro. One of them is going to die. This is the guy who made Ico and SotC.


      Mes T: I've got both systems. I play PS3 a lot more than I play 360. However, my sister, who is a bit of a casual gamer, has played with my 360 more (mainly due to Fable 2 and Saints Row 2). I think you'll be happy with either choice but I'd personally recommend the PS3: the hardware's stable and quiet, it's got a fun library of exclusives and the multiplatforms look and play just fine.

      Then again, I'd also advise you to go with what the majority of your friends have got. It's no fun being the odd one out.
      *............*............*

    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •