• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031

      A Video Compilation of Obama's Broken Promises



      Wow.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    2. #2
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Somebody gave this thread one star but didn't even comment? How cheap. The video does not make any iffy claims or speculate. It is a video of one promise after another coming straight out of Obama's mouth, and he broke all of them. Is there any disagreement on that?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    3. #3
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Well to be fair, the video itself starts off with a massive lie, which is that it implies G.B. only broke one promise. Breaking promises is part of being a politician, you compare his broken promises next to Romney's unapologetic lying and he doesn't come off so bad. I'd rather he fail to meet up to a good pledge than make up a reality where that pledge isn't necessary.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    4. #4
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Well to be fair, the video itself starts off with a massive lie, which is that it implies G.B. only broke one promise. Breaking promises is part of being a politician, you compare his broken promises next to Romney's unapologetic lying and he doesn't come off so bad. I'd rather he fail to meet up to a good pledge than make up a reality where that pledge isn't necessary.
      The common attitude that it's okay for politicians to lie is what makes them feel so okay with blatantly lying where anybody can find out about it. Your point is a "lesser of two evils" point, and the "lesser of two evils" mentality is what keeps the Republocratic Party in power.

      Obama put on a total show as a campaigner, and he turned on that show and never felt a need to explain it. The public is way too accepting of political con artistry. It needs to be majorly condemned by the masses.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    5. #5
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      I didn't say that it's okay. I feel severely betrayed by Obama. But the documentary acts like if we held him to the same standard as G.B. he would not have been re-elected when in reality G.B. lost to Clinton because Clinton ran a more effective campaign.

      The spin comes off republican apologist. We can get on an Obama hating bandwagon all day but when the next republicratic election comes you'll see two liars enter the ring and one of them will have a better campaign than the other one.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    6. #6
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I agree that the two major parties both suck, but the video pretty much just shows Obama making a whole lot of promises that he ended up breaking. Also, the media holds Republicans to a much higher standard than Democrats because the people who work in the media are generally Democrats. Bush's "Read my lips... No new taxes!" line was all over the television throughout 1992. Which of Obama's broken promise comments have been all over television?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    Similar Threads

    1. Pretty Interesting UFO Compilation Video
      By Oneironaut Zero in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
    2. Three classic video game world records broken this year
      By Universal Mind in forum Entertainment
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 04-12-2010, 12:28 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •