• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 46
    1. #1
      Lurker aa1usa's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      0

      Do You Want To Live Forever?

      I do not fear death as I try to live every moment as I could die the next but I would love to be able to live forever. Sometime in the future it may be possible. I found this video showing how it could be possible to live forever (pretty unlikly) you should watch it (but it is long 1 hour 16 min). http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0 I’m wondering what you guys think about on this subject.
      Last edited by aa1usa; 08-23-2007 at 07:58 AM.

    2. #2
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      The thing about immortality is that things become rather dull after a while of being here...no death? Life is precious and is to be valued BECAUSE it is short...there's nothing wrong with growing old, infact that's a great thing to do...especially with the one you love...if you were immortal I think it would be rather pointless to establish relationships because everyone around you would die and you'd live on...that, in my personal opinion sucks.
      Things are not as they seem

    3. #3
      Morpheus-Reborn HypnoPsychE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Reality Island
      Posts
      51
      Likes
      0
      Mens journey would never stop just because they died.
      I like to think that there are another world prepared for us after we die.
      Death is just another journey we have to take.

    4. #4
      Agent of Tolerance Gastone Mojaisky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Argentina
      Posts
      53
      Likes
      0
      I would not want to live forever; i think you could imagine the boredom and the implications.

      But death is the scariest thing that man has ever known for obvious reasons.

      You say you are not afraid of death; have you not heard of the term there are no atheist's in foxholes?

      I dont think you will be saying the same thing on your deathbed.

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      2,503
      Likes
      217
      It's not just the dullness. I mean really, if you don't procrastinate too much, you can keep yourself interested. After all, the world is changeing. There will ALWAYS be something new, and non-dull. But the thing with being around forever is that if I know I'll be around forever, I will really start procrastinating on the things I want to do in life.

    6. #6
      Member Bonsay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      In a pot.
      Posts
      2,706
      Likes
      60
      I'd only want to live forever if I'd be brainwashed and given a new world to live in every once in a while, like 100 years. Or as god (not the kind of god with human personality).
      C:\Documents and Settings\Akul\My Documents\My Pictures\Sig.gif

    7. #7
      ****Mentor**** Swikity's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      233
      Likes
      16
      Rather than having immortality, I would rather die when I was ready to die.
      So lets say that on my 179th birthday, I'm just bored of the world, I have seen family members live and die and the generations fly past.
      I would have the choice to die.
      I don't think you have the choice with immortiality.
      With immortality, you keep living whether you like it or not.

      And I think the real reason why man fears death more than anything else is because of the fact that we have no idea what lies beyond.
      We are scared by the idea that it could very well be over when our hearts stop beating.
      That (your name here) will no longer exhist past the brink of death.
      And as much as I hate to say it, as I am a Catholic myself; people need something to hope for, such as a hope that if you are good in life, you will be rewarded and sent to an afterlife.
      I'm not saying there isn't a God, as there must be some higher being up there that created all of this, but what I'm saying is that people create things to make themselve think "yeah, I will keep living after death because I'm a good person".
      Last edited by Swikity; 08-23-2007 at 05:44 PM.
      You're not an astronaut.

    8. #8
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      People should not live forever. It is only the fact that we will die that forces us to experience life. like, we would become the ultimate procastonator.

      I want to live as long as I can, but forever is a long time. Combine it with the fact that if you live forever you would eventually start to aspire for greater things (taking over the world? universe? existence?) and it is a very dull thought.

      Of course compared with not existing...I suppose it is the same thing. What is the point of doing anything if eventually you wont exist to care? You could be a millionair, or a poor ass, the universal end is the same for all people.

    9. #9
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Side note: If it is possible to prolong life...I might have to become a billionair someday and then spend some money on that idea so I can live for about 400 years (that is the amount of time I think I could handle) just to see what kinds of crazy other stuff people come up with!

      Another thought...lets imagine you could physically live forever, would you take amnesia pills sometimes to make it easier on you? I might, depending on if I wanted to live "forever" or for a "long time."

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      1,122
      Likes
      19
      An eternity in hell? No thanks.

    11. #11
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      I wouldn't want to live for ever, ugh, that sounds like hell to me. Don't get me wrong I love life but not one with no end.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    12. #12
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by DoomedOne View Post
      I wouldn't want to live for ever, ugh, that sounds like hell to me. Don't get me wrong I love life but not one with no end.
      How about just a long time?

    13. #13
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      I suppose it would give me more time to kill all the jews.

      Crazy people seek such things.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    14. #14
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      2,503
      Likes
      217
      On the other hand, if our life expectancies being extended, people would start to face the consequences of their own actions a bit more, since they have to be around longer .

    15. #15
      nature is a whore. Pirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      houston texas
      Posts
      166
      Likes
      0
      idon'twant to live forever. i'd eventually getbored. or, the inevitable will happen. i'll want to kill myself at one point or another. or when the world ends, (hopefully FARfrom now)what would i do? drift in space for eternity? nty.
      feh!
      to hell with you

    16. #16
      Member Osimero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Oregon, the rainy state
      Posts
      52
      Likes
      0
      I don't think I'd enjoy living forever, but if I could I'd like to live for several hundred years.
      The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

    17. #17
      I LOVE KAOSSILATOR Serkat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Posts
      2,609
      Likes
      2
      Î think I'd enjoy something like 200-300 years if mental and physical health factors stagnate from the mid-30s on.

    18. #18
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      708
      Sure, why not? Being bored is hardly a reason to want to die. Not that you would get that bored. I am sure you can find something to do when you have forever.

    19. #19
      Member Bonsay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      In a pot.
      Posts
      2,706
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Sure, why not? Being bored is hardly a reason to want to die. Not that you would get that bored. I am sure you can find something to do when you have forever.
      Actually you run out of things to do when the limit is eternity.
      C:\Documents and Settings\Akul\My Documents\My Pictures\Sig.gif

    20. #20
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      708
      Sooner or later you will die anyway, even if its by a freak accident. If given the chance though, living for 1000 years seems a lot more fun than living 100.

    21. #21
      Member Bonsay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      In a pot.
      Posts
      2,706
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Sooner or later you will die anyway, even if its by a freak accident. If given the chance though, living for 1000 years seems a lot more fun than living 100.
      There is no accident. It's about living forever, which means exactly what it sais.
      C:\Documents and Settings\Akul\My Documents\My Pictures\Sig.gif

    22. #22
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      10
      Likes
      0
      naw I would never want to live forever.. if you lived FOREVER you would be bound to get into an accident or catch a disease go blind or anything else bad. and if you lived forever it would be like living in hell on earth. thats something to think about

    23. #23
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      708
      Well the forever they are talking about in the video is great. I am sure there are some cases where living forever would suck, such as if you went insane. But a healthy forever would be great.

    24. #24
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      2,503
      Likes
      217
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonsay View Post
      Actually you run out of things to do when the limit is eternity.
      How do you know?

    25. #25
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by Replicon View Post
      How do you know?
      Maybe he is really a god...and has first hand experience =)

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •