• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By <s><span class='glow_0000FF'>MasterMind</span></s>

Thread: Cant attain WILD no matter how hard i try?

Cant attain WILD no matter how hard i try?

I lay still for like 20 minutes and then something in my throat blocks me,i can barely bread,im serious and then i reflex-swallow,and i feel like its ruining my WILD.I sometimes lay for 50 min without anything happening.

Can someone explain what im doing wrong.I lay comftorably and prop my head with a pillow so my jaw can relax and i can stop swallow reflex,and i lay like a monkey with nothing happening.I dont move at all,at all i mean.And i reflex swallow a few times.Is that swallowing ruining my attempt?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

If you do this in the early night without prior sleep, you are going to have to relax your mind and body for a long period of time, about 90 min perhaps more, atleast to get a vivid REM dream. Swallowing isn't ruining your attempt, your anxiety is, if you are nervous you will automatically tense up and not relax to your fullest potential.

However I see that you are new, and if you are new I wouldn't recommend you to do this advanced kind of induction.

Instead make it easier, would you believe me if I said that you could WILD in 10 seconds to 1 minute?

But it is true and what you do then is letting your body naturally take care of everything like relaxation, the body's natural way of falling asleep and also starting the dreaming process so to speak.

This induction is called DEILD. You basically wake up at the end of the whole WILD attempt and transition into the dream almost automatically.

There are many tutorials of how to DEILD, but make it simple, all you have to do is to sleep 6 hours and 30 minutes, then get up and go to the bathroom.
      Then if you can, set an alarm to wake you up 20 minutes later and go back to sleep, when you wake up hit the snooze button and then begin your WILD attempts as usual, if nothing happens just go back to sleep, or WILD until you "fail" and fall back to sleep making this a positive failure.
      (I am actually even more lazy and I just fall asleep over and over. And completely trust the system of my brain to do the work.)

You might even find yourself waking up in the dream, which is actually what happens more often to me nowadays than actually waking up for real, so be aware of false awakenings.

I will give you a quick explanation of why this is effective, just to give you a little motivation and faith in your own body and yourself rather than the method of induction itself.

When we are awake the aminergic system of the brain, for simplicity I'll say that it's the chemical system of the brain that governs CRITICAL THINKING.
      When we sleep and dream this system is almost compeletely inactive, or atleast less active than what it is in the awake state, this is why (as you may have noticed) we are completely unaware of the fact that dreams are strange while we experience them, we just accept everything because we don't think rationally.

However when we wake up, this system is automatically activated again, so each time you wake up it slowly increases it's activity.

AWAKENING 1: Aminergic System |--10%--|
      AWAKENING 2: Aminergic System |--20%------|
      AWAKENING 3: Aminergic System |--30%----------|
      AWAKENING 6: Aminergic System |---60%------------------|

Perhaps not exactly like this, but you get the idea, after each awakening you slowly get just as critical and rational as you are in the awake state but in your dreams!

The very reason to why WILD is told to be more enjoyable than DILDs is that when you induce a lucid dream without falling asleep unaware in between, you maintain the aminergic system active, which in turn makes the dream realistic and not feel like a movie. So you see snoozing like this can be both beneficial for DILDs, WILDs and Dream Control!

So now you know how you can trust your body's own mechanisms for lucid dreaming, but remember that it is more effective the more times you wake up, just waking up once (like a WBTB) is effective but if you wake up more times after that and return to sleep it, atleast for me, doubles the effect.

Sweet dreams
      Last edited by MasterMind; 01-05-2013 at 01:22 AM.
      MrOMGWTF likes this.