• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    Like Tree4Likes
    • 1 Post By wormholejoys
    • 1 Post By wormholejoys
    • 1 Post By wormholejoys
    • 1 Post By wormholejoys

    Thread: Hello

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      6 months registered

      Join Date
      May 2016
      Gender
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      20

      Hello

      Hi! I'm a new member. I typically experience lucid dreams several times per year on average, and would be interested in increasing the frequency.
      Patience108 likes this.

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      Efthemia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Posts
      35
      Likes
      19
      Welcome to the forum! I hope that being here will help you with your goal of having more frequent lucid dreams!

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      6 months registered

      Join Date
      May 2016
      Gender
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Efthemia View Post
      Welcome to the forum! I hope that being here will help you with your goal of having more frequent lucid dreams!
      Thanks! I've also been recently experiencing recollections of many past dreams from several months ago (or even longer). Never had that happen before, so I am intrigued.
      Efthemia likes this.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      Efthemia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Posts
      35
      Likes
      19
      Sorry for the late reply, I just got done with one of my classes. That will happen a lot as dreams are memories after all! If you were to read your dream journal (if you have one) you'll find that you remember a lot about the dreams even if it's been years since you've had it.

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      6 months registered

      Join Date
      May 2016
      Gender
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Efthemia View Post
      Sorry for the late reply, I just got done with one of my classes. That will happen a lot as dreams are memories after all! If you were to read your dream journal (if you have one) you'll find that you remember a lot about the dreams even if it's been years since you've had it.
      Oh that's fine, I would say you replied pretty quick. Good that you are prioritizing your classes anyway. In any case, I don't keep a dream journal, but have recently been experiencing memories of past dreams at random moments for no apparent reason, particularly with dreams that I have never thought about at all since their occurrence. I also had a lucid dream last night for the first time in awhile, although it was not particularly vivid. I never thought "I'm dreaming;" it was more like "I know this isn't real" so similar idea.
      Efthemia likes this.

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      Efthemia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Posts
      35
      Likes
      19
      Quote Originally Posted by wormholejoys View Post
      Oh that's fine, I would say you replied pretty quick. Good that you are prioritizing your classes anyway. In any case, I don't keep a dream journal, but have recently been experiencing memories of past dreams at random moments for no apparent reason, particularly with dreams that I have never thought about at all since their occurrence. I also had a lucid dream last night for the first time in awhile, although it was not particularly vivid. I never thought "I'm dreaming;" it was more like "I know this isn't real" so similar idea.
      Yes, this has happened to me before too I believe sometimes you can just know. Keeping a dream journal can help with dream recall which in turn helps with lucid dreaming. It could help improve your frequency. Do you do reality checks? That could also help with becoming lucid.

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      6 months registered

      Join Date
      May 2016
      Gender
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Efthemia View Post
      Yes, this has happened to me before too I believe sometimes you can just know. Keeping a dream journal can help with dream recall which in turn helps with lucid dreaming. It could help improve your frequency. Do you do reality checks? That could also help with becoming lucid.
      I used to do reality checks, but not much anymore because they were too time consuming (I have an obsessive personality haha). Last night I simply told myself I would go lucid before I went to bed, and it worked. Affirmations don't always work for me, but seem to be more effective than one might think.
      Efthemia likes this.

    8. #8
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      spellbee2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      Like a lot
      Gender
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      1,643
      Likes
      3434
      DJ Entries
      94
      Welcome to the forum! It's great that you're already having lucid dreams, that's often the hard part for a lot of people. Just keep up with practicing techniques, and your frequency will increase over time.

      Anyway, let us know if you have any questions, and come check us out in the IRC chat.
      "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - Me, apparently

      2015: 101 LDs, 2016: 114 LDs, 2017: 38 LDs, 2018: 20 LDs, 2019: 8 LDs

      DreamViews Discord!

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      6 months registered

      Join Date
      May 2016
      Gender
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      20
      Cool, thanks! I have heard the WILD technique works quite well too, the problem is I usually cannot fall back asleep if I stay up for more than 20-30 minutes in the middle of the night.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •