• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    Like Tree11Likes
    • 1 Post By oneiroer
    • 1 Post By Darkmatters
    • 2 Post By IAmCoder
    • 1 Post By Lang
    • 1 Post By oneiroer
    • 2 Post By Darkmatters
    • 2 Post By Darkmatters
    • 1 Post By oneiroer

    Thread: Hi.

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      734
      Likes
      662
      DJ Entries
      149

      Hi.

      Don't know if I ever introduced myself here, but hi. I like to create art, music and play some video games. Trying to start reading a book too but having trouble deciding which one.
      Darkmatters likes this.

    2. #2
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5834
      DJ Entries
      172
      Hey Oneiroer! What kind of book are you thinking of - about lucid dreaming, or fiction? Or something else?

    3. #3
      The First Lightbender Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      IAmCoder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      The Hague
      Posts
      1,047
      Likes
      515
      Try this one:
      Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse

      What kind of music do you create?
      oneiroer and Darkmatters like this.

    4. #4
      🐜🐜


      Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 3 years registered Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      1,577
      Likes
      1452
      DJ Entries
      994
      Hey Oneiroer! Welcome back!!
      oneiroer likes this.

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      734
      Likes
      662
      DJ Entries
      149
      Edit, this was a reply to IAMCoder.

      Here's my soundcloud page if you want to check out my 2 songs I have so far. I try to do epic soundtrack style but I like all kinds of music and am open for ideas. I'm working on a new song called Face Your Fears.

      https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer
      IAmCoder likes this.

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      734
      Likes
      662
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      Hey Oneiroer! What kind of book are you thinking of - about lucid dreaming, or fiction? Or something else?
      Both possibly. I have a few books on lucid dreaming and fiction books. Might read a fantasy book I have.

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      734
      Likes
      662
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Ic161 View Post
      Hey Oneiroer! Welcome back!!
      Hi, and thank you!

    8. #8
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5834
      DJ Entries
      172
      Quote Originally Posted by IAmCoder View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by oneiroer View Post
      Both possibly. I have a few books on lucid dreaming and fiction books. Might read a fantasy book I have.
      I enjoyed Hesse's Steppenwolf quite a bit. It's sort of a werewolf/Jeckyl & Hyde concept, where 2 very different personalities share a human body, and when one takes over the other becomes repressed. Filled with a lot of wisdom concerning the contrast of the conscious and unconscious and how one can take over from the other at odd times.
      Last edited by Darkmatters; 02-12-2019 at 07:02 PM.
      IAmCoder and oneiroer like this.

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      734
      Likes
      662
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      I enjoyed Hesse's Steppenwolf quite a bit. It's sort of a werewolf/Jeckyl & Hyde concept, where 2 very different personalities share a human body, and when one takes over the other becomes repressed. Filled with a lot of wisdom concerning the contrast of the conscious and unconscious and how one can take over from the other at odd times.
      cool sounds good but i have to save money to buy more books

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      734
      Likes
      662
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      I enjoyed Hesse's Steppenwolf quite a bit. It's sort of a werewolf/Jeckyl & Hyde concept, where 2 very different personalities share a human body, and when one takes over the other becomes repressed. Filled with a lot of wisdom concerning the contrast of the conscious and unconscious and how one can take over from the other at odd times.
      Have you ever read the wolf's hour by robert mccammon? i have and liked it.

    11. #11
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5834
      DJ Entries
      172
      You can read it free online or download a PDF or Kindle version @ Archive.org: Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse

      Wow, weird - when I read it I had to take it as a loan, meaning I had to 'return' it within a couple weeks. Now it looks like you can just download it for keepsies. Or maybe I got it from Project Gutenberg before? Not sure.

      And no, I've never read of heard of The Wolf's Hour (well, I might have heard of it - it does sound familiar actually - wonder if it was the basis for Bergman's film Hour of the Wolf? Or maybe the other way around?)

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      734
      Likes
      662
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      You can read it free online or download a PDF or Kindle version @ Archive.org: Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse

      Wow, weird - when I read it I had to take it as a loan, meaning I had to 'return' it within a couple weeks. Now it looks like you can just download it for keepsies. Or maybe I got it from Project Gutenberg before? Not sure.

      And no, I've never read of heard of The Wolf's Hour (well, I might have heard of it - it does sound familiar actually - wonder if it was the basis for Bergman's film Hour of the Wolf? Or maybe the other way around?)
      cool don't know but I'll start reaading that book, thank you.
      Darkmatters likes this.

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 6 months registered Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class
      zelcrow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      LD Count
      22
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      216
      Likes
      97
      DJ Entries
      514
      Hey Oneiroer! I'll go and check out your Soundcloud page. Also, Siddhartha is a good read. I'd recommend it too. I also enjoyed Demian by Herman Hesse as well.
      Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life? - Havelock Ellis

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •