• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Thread: 3 questions

    1. #1
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      nowhere, yet everywhere
      Posts
      41
      Likes
      0

      3 questions

      1. yesterday I downloaded a product called Subliminal Flash. It works while you use your computer by flashing messages on a subliminal level. You can add messages, so I added a lucid dreaming set. that night I had a very vivid (other than a small gap in events) dream. Has anyone else tried and/or had success with something like this or was it a coincidence?

      2.One of the messages I added said I would write down my dream. The dream ended with sort of a movie type feel (i. e: black screen, scrolling words, and music) which I woke up after. Is this significant or a normal way for a dream to end?

      3. I was just wondering how many, if any, members of this site have had an astral projection or reached the astral plane through a dream?

      Plz answer to the best of your knowledge. thx

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      25
      Likes
      0
      I'm trying it now. I wrote. I will be aware I am dreaming tonight. what did u write?

    3. #3
      Gentlemen. Ladies. slayer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Right here... Reputation: 9999
      Posts
      4,901
      Likes
      469
      DJ Entries
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by Psionics View Post
      1. yesterday I downloaded a product called Subliminal Flash. It works while you use your computer by flashing messages on a subliminal level. You can add messages, so I added a lucid dreaming set. that night I had a very vivid (other than a small gap in events) dream. Has anyone else tried and/or had success with something like this or was it a coincidence?

      2.One of the messages I added said I would write down my dream. The dream ended with sort of a movie type feel (i. e: black screen, scrolling words, and music) which I woke up after. Is this significant or a normal way for a dream to end?

      3. I was just wondering how many, if any, members of this site have had an astral projection or reached the astral plane through a dream?

      Plz answer to the best of your knowledge. thx
      1) I've tried a brain flooder, but not subliminal messages. I haven't had any luck with the brain flooder.

      2) That's a pretty cool way to end a dream...I've never experienced a dream like that before.

      3) Are you talking about an Out of Body Experience? I'm 99% positive there are people who claim to do this.

      If you have anymore questions, don't be afraid to PM me, the dream guide team, or someone else.

      Also, welcome to Dream Views, hope your stay is great!

    4. #4
      Dreamer Barbizzle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Boston, Massachusetts, United States
      Posts
      2,737
      Likes
      7
      Hi there

      I have never tried any subliminal messege software, so i cannt comment too much on tht. Lucid Dreams are all about awreness. I get wary when people try to gin awareness by unawarenes.... you know what I mean? See how it works for you though.

      Oh, dreams are just so crazy, they can end in so many differnt ways. Ive had dreams with narrorators saying " The End" a few times myself.

      I havn't eplored the whole beyond Dreaming side of LDing. BUT we do have a very active forum with people dedicated to just that. Check out the Beyond Dreaming section from the main page.

      Good Luck!
      Need Help? Have Questions? PM me so I can help you out

      "Dreams are as portals. Flat visions of misty places. But I can write dreams!" - Myst Uru

    5. #5
      Member JET73L's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      854
      Likes
      1
      1. I have, but with the animation filter for GIMP rather than anythign made specifically for subliminal messages. It worked amazingly well the first two nights, then kind of... stopped working. It may have been almost as much that I was finding and compiling the images as the suliminal animation itself.
      2. Yeah, I've had that happen before, and so have other people I know. It's not tha commun a way to end a dream, but it's not unusual.
      3. I may or may not have experienced astral projection. I believe that I have not, and tat most poeople here who say they have hgave only dreamed about being someplace and assumed it was astral projection. I could be wrong.
      Goals completed since joining: 10 -- Last goal completed: February 17, 2009
      Uncontrolled lucid dreams:23.5--controlled lucid dreams:24.5
      --WILDs:16.5--MILDs:1.5--DILDs:22--DEILDs:8--Quasilucids(do not count):3--
      --LTotMBasic:0--LTotMAdvanced:1--LTotY:0--
      JET73L's dream journal

    6. #6
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      Quote Originally Posted by Psionics View Post
      1. yesterday I downloaded a product called Subliminal Flash. It works while you use your computer by flashing messages on a subliminal level. You can add messages, so I added a lucid dreaming set. that night I had a very vivid (other than a small gap in events) dream. Has anyone else tried and/or had success with something like this or was it a coincidence?

      2.One of the messages I added said I would write down my dream. The dream ended with sort of a movie type feel (i. e: black screen, scrolling words, and music) which I woke up after. Is this significant or a normal way for a dream to end?

      3. I was just wondering how many, if any, members of this site have had an astral projection or reached the astral plane through a dream?

      Plz answer to the best of your knowledge. thx
      1. Whenever you try something it's important to keep doing it for a long enough time to try to determine if it is just coincidence or just a placebo effect. Though with something like this it's probably more difficult to determine if it's a placebo I've never tried anything like it, though I did find something that flashed and was supposed to set your brainwaves. Eh.

      2. I've actually heard of dreams ending that way. There may even be a thread on it, I'm not 100% sure.

      3. If you want to talk about astral projection and get honest responses rather than criticism and debate, I highly suggest posting in the Beyond Dreaming section of the site. http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...splay.php?f=19

    7. #7
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      nowhere, yet everywhere
      Posts
      41
      Likes
      0
      thx for all the help

      1. Last night I didn't remember my dream but woke up three times (most likely after the dreams) so I will keep trying and post my results.

      2. I guess it just seemed weird because my dreams don't usually end like that so I guess it could be coincident.

      3. I'll be sure to check out the rest of the areas of this site.

      again, thx for the help

    8. #8
      I am me csyae's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere
      Posts
      7
      Likes
      0
      I've never tried any subliminal message software or anything like that but I have definitely "left my body" if you want to call it that. I am also referring to obe's that were experienced while I was awake, none of them were while I was asleep. As far as astral plane stuff goes I would put that in a different category than obe's, but thats just from my experience.

    9. #9
      LSD Untiliget's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Argentina
      Posts
      6
      Likes
      0
      can you see the messages in subliminal flash? I can see em a bit in 10 ms.

    10. #10
      Member deepsleep's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      662
      Likes
      10
      I have actually used a subliminal message song that made me have a very long clear dream but it wasnt lucid and idk if it was a coincidence or not the song is on the forum somewhere..
      ------------EDIT------------
      Im using subliminal flash atm and i tried it on my mom and in the morning imma ask her if she had a ny dreams
      Last edited by deepsleep; 12-19-2008 at 04:13 AM.
      *)
      ..*) .*)
      (. (. DeepSleep
      [

    11. #11
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      25
      Likes
      0
      I can see the message.

    12. #12
      Member Lionsroar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      86
      Likes
      1
      DJ Entries
      2
      I just tried the demo.. i went thru half the day without realizing it wasnt on.
      Im such an idiot lol.
      Goal: do a Kamehameha.

    13. #13
      Member Placebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Around the bend
      Posts
      4,193
      Likes
      8
      I've personally made subliminal software myself, a few years back, and I discovered that most monitors do not have a quick enough phosphor afterglow to allow for truely undetectable-to-the-conscious subliminal images.
      It's a sad truth.

      So why are there so many subliminal programs out there where you usually can't see the image? Simple... they're being a bit daft really, and the image isn't displayed at all.
      They aren't waiting for the horizontal refresh on your screen before removing the image (your screen draws top to bottom, many times a second)

      In other words... lets say your screen is busy drawing the bottom piece of your screen. The program quickly draw an image onto the top of your screen... and before the screen has even got around to drawing that new image at the top again, the program has already removed the image. So nothing got physically drawn to your screen.

      That said, even if you can see something flicker on and off your screen, it can still work with a sort of placebo effect. Unless you're really stubborn and determined to believe it won't work, in which case you'll experience something similar to what's called a nocebo effect. Although not detrimental really. Just not effective.
      Last edited by Placebo; 12-19-2008 at 02:22 PM.
      Tips For Newbies | What to do in an LD

      Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

    14. #14
      Member deepsleep's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      662
      Likes
      10
      erm subliminal flash is crap didn't work for me..
      *)
      ..*) .*)
      (. (. DeepSleep
      [

    15. #15
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      nowhere, yet everywhere
      Posts
      41
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
      I've personally made subliminal software myself, a few years back, and I discovered that most monitors do not have a quick enough phosphor afterglow to allow for truely undetectable-to-the-conscious subliminal images.
      It's a sad truth.

      So why are there so many subliminal programs out there where you usually can't see the image? Simple... they're being a bit daft really, and the image isn't displayed at all.
      They aren't waiting for the horizontal refresh on your screen before removing the image (your screen draws top to bottom, many times a second)

      In other words... lets say your screen is busy drawing the bottom piece of your screen. The program quickly draw an image onto the top of your screen... and before the screen has even got around to drawing that new image at the top again, the program has already removed the image. So nothing got physically drawn to your screen.

      That said, even if you can see something flicker on and off your screen, it can still work with a sort of placebo effect. Unless you're really stubborn and determined to believe it won't work, in which case you'll experience something similar to what's called a nocebo effect. Although not detrimental really. Just not effective.
      sorry I forgot to tell my results. I dont know if it was a placebo effect or just a coincidence because it didn't work at all in lucidity but my recall went up a small fraction higher, but that could be just the determination of wanting to recall. Now, though, I really can't give an opinion because now I drink apple juice as a lucid aid too and nothing happened to my recall when I stopped the subliminal. I assume it had no effect.

      But about the quickness of it, at its fastest setting you can clearly see the words while scrolling (not sure why but it only is clear for me when scrolling) you just cant read them in the time it takes to disappear. so I'm no expert but I'm guessing this means it wont work.

    16. #16
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      nowhere, yet everywhere
      Posts
      41
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Revan Soul View Post
      I'm trying it now. I wrote. I will be aware I am dreaming tonight. what did u write?
      well I wrote:
      • by the time I'm dreaming, I'll realize I am dreaming
      • am I dreaming?
      • is this a dream? (these three are from an auto-suggestion audio I found)
      • I will write my dream down after waking up

    17. #17
      Member Placebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Around the bend
      Posts
      4,193
      Likes
      8
      Quote Originally Posted by Psionics View Post
      But about the quickness of it, at its fastest setting you can clearly see the words while scrolling (not sure why but it only is clear for me when scrolling) you just cant read them in the time it takes to disappear. so I'm no expert but I'm guessing this means it wont work.
      Even if it's too fast for you to read it, you did see it appear, right?
      And you know what things you've programmed it to say, right?
      Well there you go. Each time it happens, you reminded yourself. Much like the 'Are you dreaming' signs you see around the site in people's sigs and such.
      Tips For Newbies | What to do in an LD

      Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •