• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 113
    1. #1
      Member dudesuperior's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      553
      Likes
      0

      How would you 'like' to pass away?

      If you had the choice to die any way you wanted, by which means would you choose to go?

      I guess a lot of people would like to die in a peaceful way, but personally I would like to die doing something really cool or exiting- like being killed by a great white shark, or perhaps Skydiving

      (And my apologies if anyone is offended/upset by this thread, I understand that dark humour is not to everyone’s taste)

      Adopted: Spirit, MCM1013

    2. #2
      Delicous sandwich Umbrella's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Amsterdam
      Posts
      303
      Likes
      5
      Zomg how could you?! My great-grandfather was eaten by a shark after skydiving into the ocean...


      Ahem, seriously now, I'd like something quick, painless and most importantly... heroic.
      That's right, I wanna die while saving the world from aliens like the guy in Independence Day or something. Or maybe just while saving one person's life.
      A dream
      is a reality that others cannot see.
      Reality
      is a dream you share with others.

    3. #3
      FBI agent Ynot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Southend, Essex
      Posts
      4,337
      Likes
      14
      heart attack about 3 seconds after the best sex in the world

      either that, or something that will be remembered for years
      like being taken down by 15 snipers and a crack team from special ops
      after an anonomous tip off by my parter in crime, who's later discovered to be an undercover MI6 agent
      hostages must be involved to gain full media coverage
      and no-one knows my body is booby-trapped with C4 plastic

      I can't decide
      (\_ _/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

    4. #4
      Member wombing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Posts
      1,347
      Likes
      2
      jump out of a plane at 15 000 feet without a parachute...that's been my optimal means of death for years now...


      “If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” (or better yet: three...)
      George Bernard Shaw

      No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker. - Mikhail Bakunin

    5. #5
      Member bradybaker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      2,160
      Likes
      3
      I want to try and catch the first nuke that gets lobbed over here at the start of WWIII.
      "This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."



      The Emancipator MySpace

    6. #6
      Iconoclast
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Phoenix improper
      Posts
      761
      Likes
      0
      Spontaneously exploding into a pink ball of light.

    7. #7
      Member R.Carter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Sarasota, Florida
      Posts
      383
      Likes
      1
      A great Lucid dream where I get to see all my friends and then don't wake up.

      That's choice one.

      Choice two is cutting the wrong wire.

      You're getting sleepy......

      (__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < ) This is Bunny.

    8. #8
      Member Amethyst Star's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Atashermi
      Posts
      6,856
      Likes
      63
      Peacefully in my sleep. However, if that's not the case I want to die quickly either as a martyr or saving someone's life.

      "If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

    9. #9
      Sor - Tee - Le - Gee - O Sortilegio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      lalala
      Posts
      347
      Likes
      0
      let it come
      Here and there...

    10. #10
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Skydiving. A quick death, with a nice scenery the minutes before you die.

      I allso like the 'being taken down by 15 snipers' Idea Going beserk in a mall with alot of guns an barricade yourself in for a few months with hostages sure would give you some fame. ^__________^
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    11. #11
      Member Gwendolyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Love Street
      Posts
      3,320
      Likes
      1
      A plane crash would be a good death. Or perhaps in the arms of my fiance. That would be nice.
      Shine on, you crazy diamond!

      Raised: The Blue Meanie, Exobyte

      Adopted: MarcusoftheNight

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      mongreloctopus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Oakland, California
      Posts
      778
      Likes
      12
      being transmogrified into a frequently used inanimate object
      gragl

    13. #13
      Member dudesuperior's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      553
      Likes
      0
      Originally posted by Neruo
      Skydiving. A quick death, with a nice scenery the minutes before you die. *

      I allso like the 'being taken down by 15 snipers' Idea * Going beserk in a mall with alot of guns an barricade yourself in for a few months with hostages sure would give you some fame. *^__________^
      Just before I hit the Earth i'd dive head-first into the ground- it's a quick death, although someone would have to clean all up the mess

      Another way that would be fun is Spontaneous combustion- I don't know if it's really possible, but some people have supposedly just exploded or caught fire for no reason

      Adopted: Spirit, MCM1013

    14. #14
      Member InTheMoment's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      (see Username)
      Posts
      1,328
      Likes
      1
      Suffocated by these...

      Hide the kids...Uncle ITM is back!
      My pics

    15. #15
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Originally posted by dudesuperior


      Just before I hit the Earth *i'd dive head-first into the ground- it's a quick death, although someone would have to clean all up the mess * *

      Another way that would be fun is Spontaneous combustion- I don't know if it's really possible, but some people have supposedly just exploded or caught fire for no reason *
      Like on southpark? Yeah I think it's an urban legend... however, dead people can explode I heard, becouse of the gasses that are created when they rot ^___^
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    16. #16
      Led
      Led is offline
      Member Led's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Location
      If I told you, I would have to kill you.
      Posts
      482
      Likes
      0
      DUH! naked girl avalanche.
      or
      spontaneously combust like a drummer for Spinal Tap.
      or
      go on a homicidal rampage and get killed by as helicopter sniper

    17. #17
      l3xicon
      Guest

      Christ Last Coming

      In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

      The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

      For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

      Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

      I consider that our present sufferings are not worthy being compared with the glory that will be revealed in us.

      For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

      I cry to you my Lord, my rock! Do not be deaf to me, for if you are silent, I shall go down to the pit like the rest. Hear my voice raised in petition as I cry to you for help, as I raise my hands, my
      Lord, toward your holy of holies.
      The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.
      Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
      Go now Sons of God. Fulfill your Destiny!
      Praise the Lord! Amen!

    18. #18
      Barned Awhislyle's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Second Plateau
      Posts
      505
      Likes
      4
      I don't want to die yet and I don't spend all of my time planning it either...
      Cheis. Dailo.
      It's tough to bring someone back that never really lived.

    19. #19
      Member dudesuperior's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      553
      Likes
      0

      Re: Christ Last Coming

      Originally posted by OrangeCounty
      In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

      The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

      For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

      Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

      I consider that our present sufferings are not worthy being compared with the glory that will be revealed in us.

      For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

      I cry to you my Lord, my rock! Do not be deaf to me, for if you are silent, I shall go down to the pit like the rest. Hear my voice raised in petition as I cry to you for help, as I raise my hands, my
      Lord, toward your holy of holies.
      The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.
      Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
      Go now Sons of God. Fulfill your Destiny!
      Praise the Lord! Amen!

      Guess who's back!

      Adopted: Spirit, MCM1013

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Northern Sweden
      Posts
      935
      Likes
      1
      Fighting a demon, kill it, then die from wounds.

    21. #21
      Member Darkmatic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Posts
      180
      Likes
      0
      Riding an Atomic Bomb into Osama Binladen . while screaming out "Yeahhawww" , like homer on the simpsons .

      oh that and the big bosomed suffocation .
      Live on the edge , If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

    22. #22
      Member dudesuperior's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      553
      Likes
      0
      Originally posted by Darkmatic
      Riding an Atomic Bomb into Osama Binladen . while screaming out "Yeahhawww" , like homer on the simpsons .
      That would be very heroic


      Originally posted by InTheMoment
      Suffocated by these...

      'Amen' to that!

      Adopted: Spirit, MCM1013

    23. #23
      Previously Pensive Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Patrick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      1,777
      Likes
      840
      Actually, I've heard death from a skydiving accident is painful... not that anyone would know, but apparantly when you first hit the ground all the bones in your body break into little fragments, then you bounce, then when you hit the ground again all those little shards of bone get driven into your organs. That's why skydiver's say if you get caught without a parachute, land somewhere with long grass and hold onto it!
      I'm not sure if this is true but hey, it sounds pretty gruesome.
      I'd like to die... from my brain spontaneously combusting. That's the quickest death you can get.

    24. #24
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      10
      Likes
      0
      I've thought about this question a lot, and I've come up with the ultimate answer: I want to be killed by an alligator that accidentally falls out of a passing plane.
      Please read this signature. Thank you.

    25. #25
      Barned Awhislyle's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Second Plateau
      Posts
      505
      Likes
      4
      As to the skydiving comment, the max speed ever recorded of a skydiver is 143m/s without any special equipment, and 49 m/s is considered a safe speed of opening your parachute at, so if you knew your parachute wasn't going to open(or you were planning on dying). And you went into a dive towards the ground at 100m/s and have about 75 kilograms of mass

      Thats about 3680000 joules of energy, and assuming that the human body is 10% elastic(which is highly unlikely) your still exerting 3312000 joules in 2/100ths of a second, definantly going to be enough to break your neck, pulverize your skull, compress your spine, and smash your brain.


      Now, if you go legs first and/or are laying in the air perpendicular to the ground, there is a chance you are going to feel some pain(heck some people have even survived)
      Cheis. Dailo.
      It's tough to bring someone back that never really lived.

    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •