• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 313
    1. #51
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      beginer techs: dild(duh) deild(this one could be in intermediate) mild(I think) and wbtb.

      intermediate: maybe wbtb or mild, I think intermediate needs more thought, its harder to think of

      advance: wild, have several, some sp tuturials, and maybe dream control

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    2. #52
      無駄だ~! GestaltAlteration's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Louisville, Kentucky
      Posts
      2,385
      Likes
      93
      DJ Entries
      11
      Still writing. Something came to my attention though...

      Are dream journals and dream recall going to be covered in this book? I'm thinking it should be put in Chapter 3.

      Edit: We could do dream journals and DILD, dreamsigns and RCs in beg. Mild WBTB and all other simi-easy techniques in intermed. and WILD, etc. in advance.
      Last edited by GestaltAlteration; 09-16-2007 at 04:39 AM.

    3. #53
      Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Kromoh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Some rocky planet with water
      Posts
      3,993
      Likes
      86
      Quote Originally Posted by GestaltAlteration View Post
      Still writing. Something came to my attention though...

      Are dream journals and dream recall going to be covered in this book? I'm thinking it should be put in Chapter 3.
      I was about to post the same thing until I read your post. Chapter 3 seems suitable.


      If you need proof reading on the chapter, count on me. I've already done some revising of comic translations, so I can say I have some experience.

      Btw, it just makes me wonder how to start it. What about starting it with a first-lucid experience?

      ------------

      About the techinque chapters

      I believe we can reorganize that into the following:

      Aid techniques
      dream recall and journals, WBTB, MILD

      DILD techniques
      reality checking, permanent dream technique, etc

      WILD techniques
      WILD, VILD, DEILD etc

      -------------

      what do you think of this?
      ~Kromoh

      Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

    4. #54
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      Here's what i'm thinking guys...me personally, I don't care about reading other peoples dream journals or hearing about other peoples lucid experiences. Sometimes if i'm bored it appeals to me but if we're just honest with ourselves then i'm sure we'd all admit that what it comes down to is "What's in it for me?" That being said, I don't think that any of the members dream journal entries be included. In the book, we can thoroughly explain WHAT a dream journal is (perhaps providing a few blank pages in the back to write their dreams onto to kickstart them in the right direction) and thoroughly explain WHAT lucid dreaming is so that the reader can get an understanding of what it is without spotlighting anyone in particular. When it comes to a lucid dreaming book, in the back of my head i'm wondering what information this book has that I DON'T already know, and what methods they have to achieve lucidity, (and if I were still a newb, i'd be wondering what exactly lucid dreaming is) that should be in the beginning...what lucid dreaming is, or else peoples attention will be lost rather fast.
      Last edited by Jeff777; 09-16-2007 at 04:49 AM.
      Things are not as they seem

    5. #55
      Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Kromoh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Some rocky planet with water
      Posts
      3,993
      Likes
      86
      I believe we can use Dream Journal entries as examples mostly, and not to explai nanything new. For example, a journal entry on a WILD trial would be nice, but just adding random WILDed lucid dreams is rather foolish. Is it a book about lucid dreaming, or a story book?

      EDIT: I can also write, but I'm way more used to writing in portuguese. Not sure if it will be good enough.
      Last edited by Kromoh; 09-16-2007 at 04:56 AM.
      ~Kromoh

      Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

    6. #56
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      A book on lucid dreaming. "Dreamviews: An official guide to lucid dreaming" - just a title that popped into my head.

      or...

      Dreamviews: "an official guide to staying awake as you sleep"

      but i'm getting ahead of myself stating titles, thanks for contributing for being a proofreader Kromoh
      Things are not as they seem

    7. #57
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      Lucid Dreambook Development Staff:

      These are only the names of people who have commited to helping in any way that they can, and/or people who currently have designated roles. The roles assigned to people does not necessarily mean that is their ONLY role, just as i'm sure there will be more people who'll want to contribute to this history in dream views making.

      1. sugarglider - organizer
      2. Kromoh - proofreader
      3. Gestalt - writer
      4. needacatscan - professional consultant
      5. Jeff777 - jack of all trades
      Things are not as they seem

    8. #58
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      lol jeff, It looks like your doing more organizing than me, but non of this would be happening if I didnt post this. I also think we need some lucid expierences to let the readers have a better idea of what lucid dreams are like.

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    9. #59
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      You're in charge sugarglider, you're the boss, you're the man, you're the head-runner of this project buddy.
      Things are not as they seem

    10. #60
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      oh and I forgot to mention, I think I like kromohs layout more, its less confusing than the begging intermedate and advanced

      edit: one thing we need to make sure is that we use many dream views tuturials, I posted this because out ld book needs infor that no other book has, and has more info than one person can have.
      Last edited by Sugarglider11; 09-16-2007 at 05:19 AM.

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    11. #61
      無駄だ~! GestaltAlteration's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Louisville, Kentucky
      Posts
      2,385
      Likes
      93
      DJ Entries
      11
      I'm going for now. I will post a rough rough draft first thing tomorrow.

    12. #62
      無駄だ~! GestaltAlteration's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Louisville, Kentucky
      Posts
      2,385
      Likes
      93
      DJ Entries
      11
      Alright since I'm going to bed here is a sample. Any critique is nice, I won't be offended. I need ideas for additional content as well as this is a little under 400 words. I plan to elaborate on the benefits and perhaps include general information about sleep cycles. Comment away.

      * * *

      Exhilarating, freeing, and awe-inspiring are only a few ways to describe the wonder that is lucid dreaming. Through them everything is possible: you could fly over a sunbathed city, shift through walls, feel incredible joy, compose music, create your own worlds, and influence any aspect of your dream. The best news is this vast realm of possibility is available to any who peruse it. By the time you have finished this book you will have learned the fundamentals of lucid dreaming, the historical and scientific contexts, how to better remember your dreams, techniques to induce lucidity and various lucid aids.

      Ask yourself, have you ever had a dream that you knew you were dreaming? If you answered yes than you have experienced the uniqueness of lucidity. You may have had pinched yourself trying to wake up, or ran to do something you couldn’t in waking life. Whatever the case chances are this dream sticks out in your mind. Comparatively a non-lucid dream is the kind most are familiar with. In the average dream it is like you were handed a movie script and told to play out your part exactly as it was written. The truth is the scenery, characters and situations are all generated by your subconscious, yet you believe everything, no matter how ridiculous, to be true to reality.

      The benefits to lucid dreaming is far greater than meets the eye. How much time do you spend asleep over your lifetime? Most people spend a third of their lives unconscious, missing out on grand opportunities to be as awake and alive as their waking life. During actual lucidity the most obvious use is entertainment value, but digging deeper there are many therapeutic and psychological advantages to be found. Through lucidity you can absolve nightmares, face your fears, learn about yourself, gain artistic ideas and insights, boost confidence, problem solve and release a new level of freedom in your life.

    13. #63
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511

      Thumbs up

      Quote Originally Posted by GestaltAlteration View Post
      Alright since I'm going to bed here is a sample. Any critique is nice, I won't be offended. I need ideas for additional content as well as this is a little under 400 words. I plan to elaborate on the benefits and perhaps include general information about sleep cycles. Comment away.

      * * *

      Exhilarating, freeing, and awe-inspiring are only a few ways to describe the wonder that is lucid dreaming. Through them everything is possible: you could fly over a sunbathed city, shift through walls, feel incredible joy, compose music, create your own worlds, and influence any aspect of your dream. The best news is this vast realm of possibility is available to any who peruse it. By the time you have finished this book you will have learned the fundamentals of lucid dreaming, the historical and scientific contexts, how to better remember your dreams, techniques to induce lucidity and various lucid aids.

      Ask yourself, have you ever had a dream that you knew you were dreaming? If you answered yes than you have experienced the uniqueness of lucidity. You may have had pinched yourself trying to wake up, or ran to do something you couldn’t in waking life. Whatever the case chances are this dream sticks out in your mind. Comparatively a non-lucid dream is the kind most are familiar with. In the average dream it is like you were handed a movie script and told to play out your part exactly as it was written. The truth is the scenery, characters and situations are all generated by your subconscious, yet you believe everything, no matter how ridiculous, to be true to reality.

      The benefits to lucid dreaming is far greater than meets the eye. How much time do you spend asleep over your lifetime? Most people spend a third of their lives unconscious, missing out on grand opportunities to be as awake and alive as their waking life. During actual lucidity the most obvious use is entertainment value, but digging deeper there are many therapeutic and psychological advantages to be found. Through lucidity you can absolve nightmares, face your fears, learn about yourself, gain artistic ideas and insights, boost confidence, problem solve and release a new level of freedom in your life.
      That is...undeniably amazing gestalt, you have a knack for this The intro, the cover, the back of the book, and the table of contents are probably THE most important parts of the book...why? Because readers will read them and make an assumption about the book "To read or not to read". So it's very good you made a nice intro that gets the reader thinking about physically impossible things that can be accomplished in the dreamworld off the bat that may entice them. But may I add my own rendition of what you so intricately typed?

      Intro: Ever wanted to fly without wings, take unlimited vacations to anywhere in the world for free, take a walk on the moon, jump hundreds of feet in the air, soar through space without the aid of a ship, or how about breathe underwater? What if I told you, you could do all of those things and any other physically impossible feat you put your mind to...without having to leave the comfort of your own bed? Welcome to the world of Lucid Dreaming. By the time you have finished this book you will have learned the fundamentals of lucid dreaming, the historical and scientific contexts, how to better remember your dreams, techniques to induce lucidity and much much more.

      p.s. I just included more things to "grasp" the readers attention to read on. Great work Gestalt!
      Last edited by Jeff777; 09-16-2007 at 09:16 PM.
      Things are not as they seem

    14. #64
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      gestalt, that was awsome, but maybe make the readers want to lucid dream more, I like your intro but I like some of jeffs examples. in the intro we could maybe add a lucid dream expierence to let thre reader know how real they are and just how cool they are.

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    15. #65
      Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Kromoh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Some rocky planet with water
      Posts
      3,993
      Likes
      86
      Gestalt, your piece is just great, and suits the book perfectly, but I still believe we need a more mysterious introduction.

      Like I said, a first-lucid experience, followed by an explanation of it would be a nice idea.

      ----

      Great intro, Jeff. It just makes me feel like reading that book Let's finish this soon please

      ----

      Just in case you need, I once wrote my first lucid experience to tell a person about lucid dreaming.

      Here it goes. I'm not asking you to use it; this one is just an example of introductory experience.

      my first lucid
      I woke up. I tried to get up, but I couldn't move at all. Suddenly I was waking up again, which drove me really confused... and again.. At this moment I thought to myself “My, there’s something wrong going on!” I woke up again one more time. This weird situation could only mean one thing: “False awakening!” – I finally concluded. I wasn’t able to wake up, because, in fact, I wasn’t waking up at all – I was still dreaming, and what I was experiencing was only a dream.
      This assumption just made me realize where I was: I was inside my own dream, and aware of it! I could control my actions and decision inside that dream. Using my newfound ability to control my dream, I took a closer look at my surroundings. I could see everything in perfect detail: my bed, my hands, even my computer. I never thought a dream could be so similar to real life. I instantly felt amazed with myself: all I was seeing was my own creation – my dreamy world.
      ***

      All said, I do only have one thing to add: keep it up, everyone!
      ~Kromoh

      Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

    16. #66
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      kromoh could you maybe give us a lucid dream where you flew or had great control or exiting things happend, I just dont think a random reader that read that would not be very interested in lucid dreaming, but its a good Idea

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    17. #67
      Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Kromoh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Some rocky planet with water
      Posts
      3,993
      Likes
      86
      Maybe this one.

      I was in an apocalyptic version of my house. Everything around was ruins and brown, and the horizon was black and desperating. My father told me we had to get out of there, as it was no longer safe to hide at home.
      After some running, I faced what was supposed to be my school. It was also in ruins, and this time there were bodies all over. This view was so awful that I told myself "No, this can't be true! I was here yesterday and my school wasn't like this!". That sentence immediately brought up an intense feeling. I knew all I was seeing wasn't real.. but if it wasn't real, were was I? I took a closer look at my surroundings. Everything was mysteriously unknown but rather familiar at the same time. It could only be a dream. And it was.
      By the time I realised I was inside my own dream, and aware of it, I thought about the limitless possibilities the situation held. I was in charge of my own dream, and I could do anything I wanted to. That said, I looked around one other time and up. The sky seemed beautiful now, in a shade of blue I had never seen before. And so I took off, using a propelling jump to fly my way out of that ruined atmosphere. Flying seemed great: I could feel the wind on my face, and I could see the small buildings below me. At that moment, I was free, nothing could stop me. I could fly without wings, swim without breathing, lift cars and conjure explosions out of thin air. However, the most amazing bit in all that is, the dream was so real that anytime I could mistake it for reality; details filling my imagination with awe. It was like a second life, but a life in which I was the superhero.

      ***

      Feel free to post feedback, or review it if necessary in order to add it to the book (if it is to be added at all)
      Last edited by Kromoh; 09-16-2007 at 05:35 PM.
      ~Kromoh

      Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

    18. #68
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      thats much better kromoh, here is one of my lucid dreams.

      I was at some sport event, wich was wierd to begin with, I really dont like to watch sports. after a minute or so someone said that it was a dream, and I went home to fly. when I first tried to fly I only jumped really high over a fence, I saw bodies in the neighbors pool. I then jupmed back over the nieghbors fence and hurt my ancle when I fell, this shows how realistic dreams can be. by now the dream was fading, I jumped to the top of my house to jump off, when I did I flapped my arms, flew a little, and the dream came back, but a dc threw something at me and I woke up.

      this whole dream didnt look real but felt real, I just hope its edited a little if its put into the book

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    19. #69
      Member Needcatscan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      602
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Kromoh View Post
      Maybe this one.

      I was in an apocalyptic version of my house. Everything around was ruins and brown, and the horizon was black and desperating. My father told me we had to get out of there, as it was no longer safe to hide at home.
      After some running, I faced what was supposed to be my school. It was also in ruins, and this time there were bodies all over. This view was so awful that I told myself "No, this can't be true! I was here yesterday and my school wasn't like this!". That sentence immediately brought up an intense feeling. I knew all I was seeing wasn't real.. but if it wasn't real, were was I? I took a closer look at my surroundings. Everything was mysteriously unknown but rather familiar at the same time. It could only be a dream. And it was.
      By the time I realised I was inside my own dream, and aware of it, I thought about the limitless possibilities the situation held. I was in charge of my own dream, and I could do anything I wanted to. That said, I looked around one other time and up. The sky seemed beautiful now, in a shade of blue I had never seen before. And so I took off, using a propelling jump to fly my way out of that ruined atmosphere. Flying seemed great: I could feel the wind on my face, and I could see the small buildings below me. At that moment, I was free, nothing could stop me. I could fly without wings, swim without breathing, lift cars and conjure explosions out of thin air. However, the most amazing bit in all that is, the dream was so real that anytime I could mistake it for reality; details filling my imagination with awe. It was like a second life, but a life in which I was the superhero.

      ***

      Feel free to post feedback, or review it if necessary in order to add it to the book (if it is to be added at all)
      I think this one would be the best to start off with, although we need to flesh it out a little bit better.

      Maybe we could make it to be 1-2 pages and throw it in the beginning as under Introduction, and then start chapter 1 with what gestalt has so far.

      I think glider said he preferred another way to arrange the beg-inter-adv chapters, which is probably a good idea. What will be our layout after doing this?

    20. #70
      Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Kromoh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Some rocky planet with water
      Posts
      3,993
      Likes
      86
      Quote Originally Posted by Needcatscan View Post
      I think glider said he preferred another way to arrange the beg-inter-adv chapters, which is probably a good idea. What will be our layout after doing this?
      This is the suggestion I posted a bit ago

      ---

      Aid techniques
      dream recall and journals, WBTB, MILD

      DILD techniques
      reality checking, permanent dream technique, etc

      WILD techniques
      WILD, VILD, DEILD etc

      ---

      Although I believe we should make something different concerning WILD techniques. Like dividing into techniques for getting to SP and techniques for entering a dream.
      ~Kromoh

      Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

    21. #71
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      like I said I like kromohs better, its easier to place a tech in those catagories than begginer intermediate and advanced

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    22. #72
      無駄だ~! GestaltAlteration's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Louisville, Kentucky
      Posts
      2,385
      Likes
      93
      DJ Entries
      11
      I was thinking the same thing, as far as adding some kind of example before the book text's start. I'll go ahead and add Kromoh's for now, which can be edited, changed, or whatever later.

      As for the intro I can shape it to look more like Jeff's paragraph. Remember of course all of this is a rough first draft so in the revision stage all of it can be fleshed out to a greater extent and be closer to the final product. I will edit and add anything suggested. For the sake of time I think the main focus should be forging ahead.

      Which brings me to my question. With the lucid example and the current text we still have a relatively short first chapter. I need suggestions where to take it from here (after the "benifits of lucid dreaming is.." paragraph.) A possibilities may be the basic of sleep science and sleep cycles, but I'm not 100% sure how to integrate it after the information covered so far. Any suggestions or advice?

    23. #73
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      the first chapter should have how good lucid dreams are, how much of our life we sleep away, sleep cycles, and some info on the techs we will be going through in the book.

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    24. #74
      無駄だ~! GestaltAlteration's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Louisville, Kentucky
      Posts
      2,385
      Likes
      93
      DJ Entries
      11
      Well I already have the first two. I guess I'll start on the techniques for now.

    25. #75
      Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sugarglider11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      Posts
      1,012
      Likes
      2
      did you add anything from yesterday, if you did could you post?

      ^Probably

      Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •