• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Paraknight

    Thread: First time felt SP

    1. #1
      Member Nefarious's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      297
      Likes
      8

      First time felt SP

      I had success with WILD before without feeling SP. The one and only time I felt SP was when I was guarding in watch tower in the desert. It was like 3 AM and I was really tired so I put away my gear and my rifle and sat on the little chair. I closed my eyes and listened to the wind blowing and for any suspicious sounds.

      After a while I heard some strange radio tune and the sound of someone coming up to the tower. I was frightened that it was an inspection and they would catch me sleeping. I tried to get up but I couldn't move with any part of my body. I thought to myself how cool this SP is but too bad that I'm busted.

      I struggled to get up and eventually I jumped out of the chair grabbed my gear and my rifle opened the door and there was no one there it was just a sound hallucination in SP. Such a relief I felt it was a very cool experience.

    2. #2
      Excellent dreamer topten35's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      LD Count
      startover:3
      Location
      I am on cloud 9
      Posts
      555
      Likes
      2
      Oh yeah i agree, sp can be very cool sometimes, cool experience for you.

    3. #3
      Off with the fairies... Daydreamer14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      LD Count
      50+
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      324
      Likes
      32
      SP is honestly one of the coolest feelings I've ever had...
      I get vibrations, wooshing noises, falling, floating, spinning sensations and even a strange force like someone is on my chest...

      It's so frightening at first but now I kind of look forward to having SP. Sometimes I just randomly get it...

    4. #4
      Extreme Procrastinator Paraknight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      247
      Likes
      20
      SP sorta scares me. I think it taps into my primordial instincts that I wouldn't be able to get up fast enough if approached by a predator.

    5. #5
      Member Robot_Butler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Tons
      Gender
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      6,320
      Likes
      798
      DJ Entries
      75
      Sleep paralysis hallucinations and guns sounds like a bad combo. Thank god nothing bad happened.

    6. #6
      Off with the fairies... Daydreamer14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      LD Count
      50+
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      324
      Likes
      32
      Last night I was sleeping on the lounge in a friends house and I woke up at somewhere around 5, 6 am.
      I couldn't get back to sleep and so I just lay there for a minute or two, attempting a WILD.
      I got to SP, but I haven't had it in a while, so it startled me in my half-asleep mode.
      It was different this time, though. It was like someone was lying across my whole body, holding me down. This startled me a bit to much though, as the closest to this experience I have ever had to this was just a pressure on my chest. This was much more. I felt as if I could explode like a balloon with someone sitting on it.
      I also had this strange vision of me hugging some guy who was probablly 16-18. He was very, very pale, though quite beautiful. I had the impression at the time that he was a vampire or something.
      I'm disappointed that I couldn't manage to sit still for a further 30 seconds while SP set in.

    7. #7
      Extreme Procrastinator Paraknight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      247
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer14 View Post
      I also had this strange vision of me hugging some guy who was probablly 16-18. He was very, very pale, though quite beautiful. I had the impression at the time that he was a vampire or something.
      Thank Stephanie Meyer for the brainwash.
      Daydreamer14 likes this.

    8. #8
      Papilion
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      25
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
      I had success with WILD before without feeling SP. The one and only time I felt SP was when I was guarding in watch tower in the desert. It was like 3 AM and I was really tired so I put away my gear and my rifle and sat on the little chair. I closed my eyes and listened to the wind blowing and for any suspicious sounds.
      According to my knowledge SP at full lucidity are achieved best, or do occur with prevalence as one is falling to sleep while one is really exhausted and/or sleeping in an uncomfortable position, which also includes unusual positions which someone does not sleep in usually, like sitting in a chair or resting the head on a table or something like that.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
      After a while I heard some strange radio tune and the sound of someone coming up to the tower. I was frightened that it was an inspection and they would catch me sleeping. I tried to get up but I couldn't move with any part of my body. I thought to myself how cool this SP is but too bad that I'm busted.
      In situations as described above, (exhausted uncomfortable napping) I found that Hypnopompic Hallucinations gain extreme vividness as for the sounds you perceived. If one was not used to this or unsettled by the hallucinations or by external requirements as in your case under stress, one usually fights it until the SP is lifted. The most promising way I know of, is to really hard concentrate on the fact that you need to wake up. This might take a moment or longer but I didn't come up with another faster way yet.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
      I struggled to get up and eventually I jumped out of the chair grabbed my gear and my rifle opened the door and there was no one there it was just a sound hallucination in SP. Such a relief I felt it was a very cool experience.
      To my personal expierience, those expieriences of SP in described situations at least for me often lead to WBTB, which is seldom a bed for the obvious reasons of unusual sleeping places that triggered the lucid hypnopompic state in the first place. So a RC might be advised as the urge to fight the SP and gain control and consciousness again at least for me have a good chance to end in a WBTB expierience.

      Good luck with further experimenting. Maybe somewhere more safe.

      P.S. This is off topic, but what would have been the consequences if one was caught sleeping on watch? I allways wondered, as I guess it's not like in the movies?

    9. #9
      Off with the fairies... Daydreamer14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      LD Count
      50+
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      324
      Likes
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by Paraknight View Post
      Thank Stephanie Meyer for the brainwash.
      Dear god.
      You just made me remember something else from that night... Thankyou! xD
      As far as I know it was Edward Cullen and Alice Cullen was next to him.

      -writes in dream journal-

      Damn Stephenie Meyer. Hahaha xD

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •