Like Tree9Likes
    • 3 Post By IAmCoder
    • 1 Post By IAmCoder
    • 1 Post By andreasdevig
    • 1 Post By IAmCoder
    • 1 Post By MisakaMikoto
    • 1 Post By andreasdevig
    • 1 Post By IAmCoder

Thread: Electronically aided FILD (finger-induced lucid dream)

The First Lightbender Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Electronically aided FILD (finger-induced lucid dream)

I'm working on a mobile version of one of my desktop apps to brush up on a development framework.

The first tool it has is an electronic FILD aid. You press down on a button by relaxing your finger and a countdown starts. Just like normal FILD, you lift your finger ever so slightly and drop it again to reset the timer. Do this every few seconds and if you drift off, the phone vibrates and plays an audio track so you can regain consciousness, ideally in a dream.

I am fairly confident it will have a significant and measurable effect, or at least some mild hypnagogic hallucinations. Especially if performed when you are already tired and about to fall asleep after waking up in the middle of the night after a wake-back-to-bed session while thinking about an alternate ending with lucidity to your last dream.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.lucidscribe

If you don't have an Android device there is a web version: Lucid Scribe App - it also has some mindfulness exercises and I'm busy messing with reality checks:

Appreciate any feedback and some beta testers!

I might try my hand at running a study... if it gets any results I'd like to see if we can reproduce MIT's TDI (Targeted Dream Incubation) with a some suggestive audio tracks: https://www.media.mit.edu/projects/t...tion/overview/

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered
      Fascinating idea. Not able to take advantage of this myself but I look forward to hearing your experiences. And thanks for the MIT TDI link….

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      DJ Entries
      I can't get it to work. When I click on the FILD section, it's only an image of Keanu Reeves that come up, plus a latitudinal slider.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Can you include some basic directions on how to perform a FILD with your app? I've never done this technique before, but would like to try it out.

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff about it on the forums as well. Will read up.
      Last edited by Hilary; 05-28-2022 at 02:28 PM.
      Check out what's happening on Dream Views:

Tasks of the Season: Autumn '22
      Tasks of the Year: 2022
      Read Along
      Check out my RC prompt background images
      . Build your prospective memory & critical reflective attitude.

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
      I can't get it to work. When I click on the FILD section, it's only an image of Keanu Reeves that come up, plus a latitudinal slider.
      Thanks for testing! Can you uninstall and re-install, and make sure you have version 1.1.0? There was a bug with the audio track not loading in a previous version. If that doesn't work, could you please send me a screenshot - maybe something isn't rendering because of a different screen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
      Can you include some basic directions on how to perform a FILD with your app? I've never done this technique before, but would like to try it out.
      Yes, I'll add some basic directions in an update. Thanks for the reminder! You can use these for now:

Wake up in the middle of the night after 4 hours of sleep and then go back to bed. Start the FILD exercise when you are tired and about to drift off to sleep. Rest your index finger on the button and reset the timer by lifting your finger every few seconds, as gently as possible - with just enough force to lift off the screen.

Then perform a reality check like pinching your nose closed and trying to breathe through it whenever you drift off and hear the audio track play,

While doing the exercise, think back to the last dream you had and imagine how you would have acted differently if you had known you were dreaming. By flying through the dreamscape or using superpowers. Visualize and imagine it in as much detail as possible, especially how it would feel.
      Hilary likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by IAmCoder View Post
      Thanks for testing! Can you uninstall and re-install, and make sure you have version 1.1.0? There was a bug with the audio track not loading in a previous version. If that doesn't work, could you please send me a screenshot - maybe something isn't rendering because of a different screen resolution.
      It's version 1.1.1. Here's a screenshot..

Screenshot_20220530-034502.jpg
      IAmCoder likes this.

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the screenshot!

I've reworked the rendering to handle different display resolutions in 1.1.4. Let me know if it still doesn't work!

You might need to restart Google Play to see the latest version.
      andreasdevig likes this.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      ~400
      Warsaw
      Awesome stuff! I will try it out when I'm back from school break

Are there any customization options for FILD thingy available like switching timer duration for example from 60 seconds to 30 etc?
      IAmCoder likes this.
      I'm back! Again? Uhhh..

Awesome! Yes, you can configure the duration between 10 seconds and 10 minutes, and whether to vibrate the device or not.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Ah, I see now. Thanks for the screenshot!

I've reworked the rendering to handle different display resolutions in 1.1.4. Let me know if it still doesn't work!

You might need to restart Google Play to see the latest version.
      Thank you so much, brother. It's working now. I will definitely try it, once I'm going to bed early.
      IAmCoder likes this.

Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness Exercises on Android

I've been working on an app with lucid dreaming and mindfulness exercises. Starting to get a collection going:

The latest is a Deep Playlist that can play custom MP3s over the media channel, even when the app is in the background and the screen is off with the phone on mute and in battery saver mode!

Could use some downloads and appreciate any feedback: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.lucidscribe

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I've been working on an app with lucid dreaming and mindfulness exercises. Starting to get a collection going:

The latest is a Deep Playlist that can play custom MP3s over the media channel, even when the app is in the background and the screen is off with the phone on mute and in battery saver mode!

Could use some downloads and appreciate any feedback: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.lucidscribe
      What I've love to see in an LD app, and have often thought of doing myself but never got around to it:

+ extremely flexible and parameterized (DEILD) alarm with a large variety of very soft/gentle sounds and no-touch snooze/off (based on timer, movement, etc.)

+ voice recorder function with automatic voice to text option with absolute minimal interaction to turn on/off and (preferably) almost no light emitted
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

The Lucid Alarm or Deep Playlist should tick off your parameterized (DEILD) alarm wish list... you can schedule your own mp3s to play every x to y minutes during a time range. If the mp3 is short enough, it is no-touch snooze/off, like the default sound that comes with the app. And since you can choose your own mp3s, the variety is only limited to your collection of sounds.
      I might make a separate dream journal app next, will keep the voice recorder functions in mind!
      MisakaMikoto likes this.