• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Key:

Normal dreams.
      Dreamsigns.
      Commentary.
      Lucidity.
      The date.

My earlier entries do not follow the key, and I can't be bothered to change them, so bear with me.
      Last edited by Sticktator; 08-21-2008 at 11:38 AM.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 20/10/06:</span>

Dreams: Firstly, there was me, a middle-aged, very slim woman and a young girl, about my age. Mother and daughter? Maybe. Anyway, we were completing a quest which I can&#39;t remember anything about. Nearer to the end of the quest, the woman started getting calls on her mobile phone, from her butler -- you&#39;ll understand in a minute -- that there was a crocodile in her house. Bewildered, shocked and worried, the three of us carried on towards her house.
      We reached the house -- more specifically, her mansion. So the butler opened the door, we entered, and we decided to take a look at the crocodile. The butler led us downstairs, to an empty-ish area with a pond smack bang in the middle. Right next to the pond, on our side, was the crocodile. I actually think I remember the exact same scene from Chester Zoo... Anyway, I pointed out, rather ironically, that it was actually an alligator and not a crocodile, because its teeth weren&#39;t showing and it was more of a brown colour. We seemed to forget of the alligator and just go back upstairs, to the main hall -- in which a party was starting. There were balloons, lots of balloons -- maybe a dreamsign, and the cause of my fear of balloons?
      There were some people at the door, but all I can remember being at the party were me, the owners of the house, the butler and my uncle.
      I don&#39;t remember much after that until everyone started leaving. My uncle is a bit of a prankster, and had put a "long" balloon, over everyone&#39;s heads. The balloon looked like a condom, and every time they inhaled or exhaled, the balloon changed shape. Most people didn&#39;t notice, even the people they were talking to. I might have had a small bit of lucidity here, as I distinctly thought that the lack of notice and care was strange. But then the moment passed. People were leaving, but it seemed me and a few other people were sleeping over. I can&#39;t remember anything between then and an FA. I got up straight away and headed off to the bathroom. I was at the toilet -- although just sitting there, not actually doing anything -- when three voices I recognised were talking on the other side of the cubicle door. So I went out, and one of the three believed his toothbrush was infected. But then I pointed out to him that it had the clear symptoms of having recently been cleaned.
      <span style="color:blue">I became suddenly lucid after that&#33; Suddenly it seemed so clear to me that this was a dream. I think that the fact that someone had thought their toothbrush infected just seemed all too unreal. I was only on a very low lucidity level, though. I realised I was getting too excited, and the only thing I managed to do before the dream terminated was shout, "Sticktator&#33; Commit dream to memory&#33;" -- I&#39;ve named my subconcious, and it works -- and after that, my dream went completely black and I had woken. I forgot about spinning.

Feelings: Excitement at having my first LD, and being able to remember it.

Possible Dreamsigns: Balloons, maybe?
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 21/10/06:

Dream 1: Not so well remembered. Firstly I was in some kind of hospital... then I don't remember anything until I found myself home. Me and my friend were play-fighting for a while as if we were kittens or puppies, then we were lying down on our backs, like people stare at stars and we talked for a while. Then he pinned me down, and his right eye was completely bloody. I told him to go wash it because I just couldn't look at him otherwise. While he was gone, I looked out of the window -- this was my dad's bedroom, which is upstairs, but in the dream, it was on the ground floor. There was a cow outside... when I looked at it, it came over and started headbutting the window, trying to get to me. I looked away and it calmed down. As soon as I looked back at it, it started to butt the glass again. I did this repeatedly, and every time I looked back at her, it's like everything had a red tint to it and the cow got mad... I think my whole dream's surroundings reflected the cow's emotions. Then I was pulling some lever on the wall and I woke up.

Dream 2: Remembered even less. Although, what I do remember, was a voice, at the very start of my dream when no images or environment were there, telling me that I was dreaming and approximately how long the dream was going to be. It had what I imagine the voice of God as. I later worked out that it was, in fact, my subconcious, letting me know I was dreaming like I told it to. How the hell did I not become lucid after that?
      Anyway, there was me and a grown man playing some real-life platform game, and then I don't remember anything until we came across a field, with a circle of networked computers in the middle, and in the center of that, a small mounds with a bunch of cows on it. End of dream.
      Last edited by Sticktator; 11-18-2007 at 11:21 PM.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 22/10/06:

Dream 1: I killed a cat&#33; I felt horrible after this dream. There was my neighbour&#39;s cat, called Whiskers, and he was terrorizing and bullying our cat. I marched outside and scared it to the wall, it jumped onto it and stared at me. It wouldn&#39;t move, so I dummy-poked it, and when it didn&#39;t move, I prodded it. It fell down and got back up again, returning to its previous position. I let out a flurry of attacks, rather like a Matrix-style super-chain-attack-of-prodding sort of thing. Then it fell backwards and I went inside. I came out later to see if it was OK, and it was lying down, curled into a ball. I poked it lightly, and it got up and hobbled onto the road, falling over as my family came round the corner. It was obviously about to die, so I tried to save it, whipping out my... guitar? How was that going to save it? Anyway, in the end, we didn&#39;t save it, and I woke up.

Dream 2: A friend and I were working on a display board for the school&#39;s deputy-head. The final bell went, and the deputy-head dismissed us. Instead of walking to the bus, I walked out onto the field, which was strangely full of cows, where another friend of mine was waiting, with a long, wide tube -- just large enough to fit an average-sized human within. It was red. We walked up the field a bit, and there was a bunch of people -- strangers, adults -- on the field, with the same strange contraption, just different colours. My friend aimed carefully at one of them, and pulled the pump at the back which I hadn&#39;t previously noticed. He pushed the pump back into place, and the thing acted like a giant bike-pump, blowing a gale towards the strangers. Dream = ended.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 24/10/06:</span>

Dream 1: My dream started at school. I stood beside the canteen, on the other side of where I usually hang out in the morning. My friends were there and a post van was pulling into the school gates. It stopped in the bus aisle and the passenger got out with an envelope; it was my friend's sister. She handed me the envelope. I read the front: it gave no name or address... the only writing on the face of it was "You are dreaming." Bit of a trigger maybe? I suddenly became lucid. I smiled at my friends and revealed I was dreaming after I performed a reality check. They were a bit puzzled, so I decided to do something... I ran in slow motion for a bit. Suddenly, everybody disappeared as I lost lucidity a bit. But as I sensed it going, I shouted "Retain and increase lucidity!" It worked. I noticed it was mid-morning, not a soul about. I entered school through the main entrance, still slo-mo running. Everybody was inside. I turned round and faced the door I had just come through, deciding to try a complex martial arts move. I ran at full speed towards it, flipping at the last minute and smashing through the door, landing smoothly. I decided I wanted to fly. I jumped in the air, attempting to stay there, but falling, making a huge jump. In the air, I saw loads of tennis courts not far in front of me. I tried again, this time closing my eyes and wishing myself in the air. I was flying through clouds. I decided to try it... I found a small cloud and tried to suck it in. At first I was having trouble, as I was sucking but nothing was happening, then suddenly the cloud shot into my mouth and it turned into water, like I had said it would.

YAYAYAYYA.

Then I realised I hadn't become a giant.

I lost lucidity and woke up.

Dream 2: <span style="color:blue">Lucid from the start. One of those dreams you only get every once in a while, those dreams that are just so fantastic. I decided not to bother controlling it because it was one of them. I was in what looked like a real-life game, FPS, like CS or HL. It was obviously multiplayer, as some of my friends were there. We were in a run-down part of town, in a team huddle, when the school bell went and we started running off in different directions. We were the blue team. I don't remember much, some of it was just running and shooting. Suddenly I found myself in the Science block at my school, but when I ran outside I was in a dark alley. Walking to the end, finding nobody, I turned back and Professor Farnsworth from Futurama with two red guys were walking towards me. I shot the red guys and took the professor hostage, bringing him to base.

Dream ended.
      Last edited by Sticktator; 08-19-2008 at 04:15 PM.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 26/10/06:</span>

Dream 1: I can&#39;t remember anything, except walking along a beach, with other people, probably friends or family. <span style="color:blue">I became lucid after a random reality check, but it only lasted a few seconds
      , as I lost it and didn&#39;t get to do anything.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 31/10/06:

Dream 1: My cousin&#39;s dog, who has been dead for eight years, appeared in my dream.

She didn&#39;t like me, one bit.

All I remember was at the end of the dream, when the lights turned off and all I could hear was growling. I woke up sweating.
      10 LDs and counting

It&#39;s been ages since I&#39;ve posted. I find it&#39;s difficult when it&#39;s not school holidays, I just don&#39;t have the motivation or anything. I started my dream journal two nights ago, though. I didn&#39;t remember anything on the first night, but I woke up during two REM periods last night, and here are two dreams:

1. I was at my best friend&#39;s house. He had a cat, for some reason, that I didn&#39;t recognise. It was just like my cat, but the colour differentiation between the stripes was more pronounced. My friend was there at the start, but sometime during the dream, he left. I think there was some kind of platform I was standing on.

2. I was in the back of a lorry, with my girlfriend and her friend. I was given some kind of rope, I think it was for an activity like water-skiing, but road-skiing. Then they disappeared, I forget how, and I told the driver to stop. He didn&#39;t reply, so I went through to the cockpit, and there was nobody driving. I didn&#39;t seem to mind, and I started to do something beside me, I can&#39;t remember what it was at all, but it required my full concentration and it was in the driver&#39;s door. Then I suddenly realised... there was nobody driving, and the truck&#39;s back end was wildly fish-tailing, even though we were doing the maximum a truck can do, on a motorway. I took control of the steering wheel, but for some reason I was hanging out of the window and it was my dad&#39;s car. We were now in my hometown, and I had to park it, so I put my feet down to skid to a halt. It worked, eventually, and I parallel-parked it perfectly, without meaning to. Then, I was walking round with a bunch of chavs, trying to find my girlfriend and her friend. We didn&#39;t find them before I woke up.
      10 LDs and counting

Truth Seeker Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>LucidDreamGod</span>'s Avatar
      US
      DJ Entries
      Nice job with the dream recall, keep it up and I see a lucid coming your way.

I drive alot in dreams, I don&#39;t know why either I havn&#39;t bothered to get my permit.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was
      To lucid dream is my real test
      To control them is my cause

You should go for it. I would. But I&#39;m a year too young.

Night of 30/12/06:

There are a bunch of chavs, in Yorkshire. I speak to them on MSN, they threaten me with violence, etc., even though they&#39;re two hours away. Last night, I met them in my dream.

1. We were on a grass bank, in a field, just having a fist-fight.
      10 LDs and counting

I remembered three dreams, but I didn&#39;t have anything to write them down on, so I only partially remembered the last one.

Night of 31/12/06:

3. There&#39;s a huge synthetic cliff, with synthetic snow that isn&#39;t cold falling gracefully upon it. Z, a load of other people from school, and I have to climb it. The cliff is made out of the rubber mats you get in your school gym. At the top is a gameshow, hosted by Yngwie Malmsteen, a famous musician, even though I don&#39;t know what he looks/sounds like.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 1/1/07:

1. I was describing to S what it was like for her to get her mobile -- an LG Chocolate Pink -- for christmas, through a text, even though she was standing directly in front of me. We were at a disco in Normandy, France. Her friends were there.
      10 LDs and counting

Last night was weird. I can only remember screenshots of the other dreams, and I&#39;ve forgotten all of them.

Night of 2-Jan-07:

1. Z had a new friend. He was an english explorer, Alex von Bluche, and he was short, wore fur coats, had an axe, and a huge beard. Then they both died. [Z has died in my dreams three times in the last month...]
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 4-Jan-07:

I was in some guitar-playing forum. It was like the show-off section, and there were "levels." I was level one or two... I remember level fives were amazing, and level tens played faster than I could imagine.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 6-Jan-07:

I&#39;m really losing my dream recall.

1. Limbs were detachable. You could replace your head with an arm, and your leg with your hand.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 7-Jan-07:

1. I can remember being in the kitchen. My mom was there, and my dad. Mom was telling me all the possible words you could make out of one word... all I know is that that word contained a P, U, and an E.

2. Me and my dad were playing DOOM IV, but it was like a real-life game. Although it wasn&#39;t exactly... what you&#39;d expect from DOOM. It was small races in the park. You know, just "over there, and back here" races, but for some reason, my dad was really competitive; he&#39;s the opposite in real life. It was cold, dark, and raining. Also, my seven-year-old cousin was making out with this girl I didn&#39;t recognise, and we were sitting having a picnic with more people, who I can&#39;t remember.
      10 LDs and counting

a note on one of your earlier posts...

too young to drive? HELLO&#33; it&#39;s a dream&#33; in dreams, there are no laws.

Oh my god.

Looking back at that journal has got me realising a good load of dream signs that I've missed in the last few days since I've gotten back into it.

I realise now that many of my dreams contain real-life games today. Mainly World of Warcraft. I completely forgot about that dreamsign.

Well, here's a tiny snippet from a dream I remembered last night.

Night of 17-Nov-07:

I was playing World of Warcraft, but it was a real-life game. Anybody who doesn't play WoW won't get the next bit.
      I was a Troll Mage in a place that looked like Gadgetzan, but also it looked like a town of mobs rather than a friendly NPC town.
      As I walked up the steps to the inn, an Undead Mage cast a fireball on me, knocking me off the steps and causing momentary panic. Long story short, I lost and woke up.
      10 LDs and counting

Woot! Dream recall has come bounding back, and it's looking for some revenge!

Night of 18-Nov-07

1. I was in a modern, bright room with two friends. I can't remember what I was doing most of the time (I didn't write this dream down immediately) but near the end of the dream I completed a 451-page sci-fi novel. But here's the thing - I could read it. I read it and it made perfect sense. Maybe I just thought I could read it in my dream...

2. I don't know about this, but it was 10-15 minutes after waking up the first time. I half-heartedly attempted a WILD, but I didn't really expect it to work.
      But I concentrated solely on my breathing, and the fact I was so tired dulled my thoughts. Soon I felt my body "drop", even though I could feel myself on the bed. I'd entered sleep paralysis. I started to get flashes of light and sounds - especially my cousin talking - and then, out of the blue (or black) I think I entered a dream. If it was a dream, I was lucid. All I saw were two men dressed in suits and shades on the opposite side of the table to me - it felt like an interview, in a bright, modern office environment. There was a light brown desk and the room was entirely bare. I was so excited I wasn't able to do anything except wake up.

3. My cousin was guiding me through a real-life video game, if anybody's played Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, they'll know what I'm talking about.
      It was similar to the grapple-hook transport systems on Elysia, where you had to get from one end to the other in a race. My cousin was my trainer, and he said all these spiritual and mysterious phrases, all the time. A real mentor.

10 LDs and counting

Night of 19-Nov-07

Nothing. :/

Night of 20-Nov-07

All I can remember was reading out of a physics text book.

2. This was literally five seconds, maybe ten, long. There was a white business-card type of thing with red writing. It said something to do with either "Surry" or "Scurry" (which I assume is a name), 7 miles, and that "the most crowded prisons had been arranged into male/female prisons." There was dramatic music playing.

Night of 21-Nov-07

New dream sign found: cats! Also, angry cats are common.
      1. Okay. This is a constantly changing dream. I can't link the scenes together. So it's in fragments.
      • In a book I've recently read, there's a character called Ethan. He appeared in my dream (and I think I was his friend Matt). We were searching for Ethan's father, and when we found him, he'd grown to about 7 foot and he was really broad. I remember the scene turning dark when we met him. Also I think N+L were there. This whole scene was a sort of real life game.
      • I remember a "destruction derby" type of thing. The arena was about a kilometre long, and it was banana shaped. It was situated in a huge, transparent dome. The dome's diameter was twice that of the arena's length. In the arena, two cars would speed through the arena until they met each other, and then they'd either swerve out of each other's way or straight into each other. I don't know why. If they went out of the other's way, they carried on to reach the other side of the arena, and the first one to the other end was the winner. I can't remember what else was inside the dome, but I remember looking outside and seeing a snowy mountainside, which leads me to believe that the following scene was, well, the following scene.
      • My father and I were skiing, in normal clothes, down the aforementioned mountain side. But it was skiing as I've never experienced it... it was slightly more scary than usual and much steeper. I remember doing the same run over and over "for practice" (as my dad said). But I can't remember ever using a ski lift. So it was like a looping run.
      • My ex took me to her house and we lay on the bed for a while (not doing anything) and then a cat appeared. I started to pet the cat and realised my ex had disappeared. After a while I realised I was holding the cat down with my fist (!?) and let go, apologizing to it. It did a sort of yawn-hiss at me and then it changed into the next scene.
      • Two jeeps were driving through a forest, obviously on patrol. A tank which I felt was on the other team's side came around the corner. I think a fight happened, but I'm not sure. All I can remember was that some time after the tank appeared, the scene changed into two black-and-white cats attacking each other while lying on purple velvet cushions. I think this was some sort of analogy my brain made, showing how futile and pointless the fighting between jeeps and tank was.
      Last edited by Sticktator; 11-23-2007 at 07:35 PM.
      10 LDs and counting

Night of 22-Nov-07

Pretty good recall last night.

1. I remember there was a Warthog or Jeep type of car, with a small section of it grayed out, having a race in a large sports hall sort of thing.

2. I was at my cousin's house, who lived in Halls, in Uni. He lived with a bunch of 11-12 year olds, though. One night he had a party and I was there. After a while one very pretty girl invited me to "get undressed". I felt a bit nervous, but went with her. She led me back to my cousin's room. We lay on the bed and I pointed out that we were surrounded by pre-teens. She got up and left me, saying I was too cautious or too careful or something. So I went back to the room with the party, expecting to find her there. But it was dark and the music was off in that room, and there was no evidence of there ever having been a party. When I went back to my cousin's room, I found him teaching the pre-teens. There was also a telescope in the room. Dangling from the telescope were about eight... things. I think they were meant to map some constellations. They looked like big balls, connected with thin strips of metal. The balls varied in size, but most were about the size of a cannon ball.

3. There was a group of us in an underground cavern, based on the "Cleft of Shadows" in Orgrimmar, for any WoW fans. I think I may have had a friend who was a dark elf. The cavern was really, really busy. And we were there to buy ink cartridges for a printer, I think. My cousin was there.
      10 LDs and counting

I'm back, folks. I'm sure none of you remember me, but oh well.

I stumbled back onto Dreamviews last night , so I dug out my old dream journal and started again. Earlier in the year, I got a bit preoccupied with my GCSEs so I didn't have room for lucid dreaming.

17-Aug-08

1. I testified against a group of people. I can't remember why. But when we were done, the lawyer decided we should stay at his house, for protection. The house was in the middle of nowhere. I can't remember further than that.

2. I discovered that my friend also kept a dream journal. Hers was a lot more detailed than mine, but I was pleased to have found a fellow lucid dreamer. This didn't make me lucid, unfortunately. Then, we were playing frisbee and everybody kept throwing it really viciously at one person, so we stopped. I remember some time after this when me and three friends were in my dad's car for some reason. I was in the driver's seat. My friend suddenly released the handbrake and everybody left the car except me, and the car started rolling backwards. I couldn't work the handbrake because I was so panicked. I couldn't find the footbrake because I was panicked, haha. Eventually though, I got the handbrake to work and then I stepped out the car and got mad at my friend. Then I woke up.
      10 LDs and counting

Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by Sticktator View Post
      I discovered that my friend also kept a dream journal. Hers was a lot more detailed than mine, but I was pleased to have found a fellow lucid dreamer.
      Interesting. What was important here? It sounds like you were sad that she has better recall than you. Are you lookiong for that kind of companionship in your real life?
      Apachama: Noun. Slimey things made of dust.

"Everything is beautiful"

Quote Originally Posted by apachama View Post
      Interesting. What was important here? It sounds like you were sad that she has better recall than you. Are you lookiong for that kind of companionship in your real life?
      Not really. It would be nice, but my friends aren't interested in lucid dreaming. I think it was just a random dream event. I was thinking about my dream journal an awful lot yesterday, which is probably what triggered it.
      10 LDs and counting

Very good recall for the second dream.

18-August-08

I only remember the very late stages of the dream. I was at a gameshow which involved debating. A woman had said something serious, and a man was laughing at what she was saying. That's all I remember.

2. I was in a dormitory of some kind with my sister. There were two single beds and it was like a hotel room, but I distinctly remember it was not a hotel room, but a dorm. At some point in the night, I, er, failed to get out of bed and find the toilet (still in the dream!). So I threw what I'd made onto the floor. Then I slept (dream-slept). My sister got up and stepped into what I'd thrown on the floor and freaked out about it, so I feigned ignorance and laughed at her. When breakfast time came, my dad entered the room, offering me a bag of grated cheese for breakfast. But it was the "light" version, so I declined, and he said something about there not being any of the "original" version, so I had to eat it. I said no again and he told me to follow him, so I did. He opened the door to the outside, and I saw the dorm was on ground level. In front of the door was a pretty big field, then a huge old house. In the courtyard was a basketball court. Outside the room stood a crowd of people, all looking angry at me for not accepting the bag of cheese. So I went back the other way (still refusing the food). I went through the other door of the dorm and found a short dark tunnel, almost something you'd expect from a scary game like DOOM III. There are metal steps leading up to a door. Through the door, I came to an office of some description, except the people I could see "working" were playing Counter-Strike Source. The boss of the office told me that he'd like me to take a group picture of all his employees and himself. I said I would do it, then left the room. I can't remember what happened for a while. After doing whatever I was doing, I came back into the office, and the boss asked more impatiently for the picture, so I said I'd go back to my room and find the camera. I go back to the tunnel. But instead of stairs, there is now a long metal slide, and you have to pay the guy at the bottom to use it. I didn't have any money and I couldn't be bothered to go round the "long way" (maybe this is where I went after the office the first time) and the guy whom I was supposed to pay looked very old and was struggling to stay alive, by the looks of it. So I thought, "he won't notice if I just go on it once, so I can fetch that camera"
      (by the way, I don't exploit old people in real life). So I went down the slide, and when I reached the bottom, tried to make a quick escape to the dorm, but it's almost as if something was pulling my balance backwards, so I couldn't go fast at all. Then I noticed that my grandma was lying on the slide, doing nothing, and she said something which was inaudible at first, so I got closer and asked her to repeat it. She said something cryptic: "What does a virgin think about a 'Virgin Deal'?" and then she laughed (my grandma is still completely sane IRL). Then the scene skips suddenly to a comedian on stage, doing a show. He was making a joke about God eating soup with a poor girl, and how He'd either have to teach the poor girl how to eat with manners or He'd have to lower himself to her level. (I am atheist, fyi.)
      Last edited by Sticktator; 08-19-2008 at 02:29 PM.
      10 LDs and counting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast