• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Finding Your Dreamguide (3 In 1 )

Eau Claire, WI
      Hey everyone, how are you all doing? I am doing fine. I thought it would be a great idea to put together sort of a small tutorial on how to find someone's dream guide.

Now just a small background on me, I have been Lucid Dreaming for almost 17 months. I have had 77 Lucid Dreams, and within that time I have been able to find my dream guide.. Her name is Anna. I just had another Lucid Dream during this past night and Anna happened to be there.. You can read about it here. Any who for those who have some experience with Lucid Dreaming, and are looking for something interesting to do with them.. This can be for you.

Now before you began. You must know that a Dreamguide, oddly enough isn't like any other DC in your LDs.. Infact, your Dreamguide knows more about you then you do yourself...strange huh? Now it make take you sometime to find your DG but the journey is worth the wait.. It took me about 4 or 5 months.. Anna just appeared there one day and we sat across this table..and I asked her.. Are you my dream guide, she said yes.. I told her I had been looking for her for a while..She told me she tried to contact me last fall *which was one year ago from the fall we just had* Amazing LD that was.

Before I began I must say that as odd as this may sound.. In your search for your Dream Guide...It make take some longer then others...Why you may ask... Because you may not believe this, but your Dream Guide may not think you are ready..Ready for what? Ready to meet eachother...Weird right? Well i thought it was too, and quite frankly not possible for that to happen. But after some failed attempts of trying to find it..I was like...maybe I need to get better control/experience/knowledge before meeting my DG...It took me over 50 LDs to finally find mine.. Not saying its going to take you that long...Just that's how long it took me.

Anyways I am rambling on..You must want to know how to find your dream guide.. Well here is some techniques.

Step 1: "Can I see My Dreamguide?"

What I mean by this is simple. When you become Lucid in your dream and have good stability and are able to stay in your LD for a few minutes..Shout out loud... "Can I See My Dreamguide?" or "Do I have a Dreamguide?" After this you may hear a voice say "Yes." "Yes you do" (etc.Other wise, after you yell out that command or whatever you want to call it, turn around in a 180 and see what is behind you.. You may find a person standing right there...More then likely that would be you dreamguide....If so a person is standing behind you after these events....Go ahead and say Hello....Then ask..."Are you my dream guide?" If they say "Yes" then you have found your DG...but if they give you some sort of weird answer like "I like fish sandwiches" then you must keep looking... Also dont be afraid to ask them if they have a name, before you ask them if they are your dreamguide..I asked Anna her name before I asked if she was my dreamguide...DGs tend to communicate with you on a higher conscious level, then normal idiot DCs ...This technique worked for me..I had yelled out "I want to see my dream guide" and I had turned around and saw a blurry vision of a person (this was before I had found Anna)...

Step 2: "Open The Door"

This step you can do one of two ways.. The First one is to obviously become Lucid..Having good stability and good control, You will want to walk up to a door and tell yourself "When I open this door, My dream guide will be on the other side." Now you must do this with total BELIEF that when you open the door, your dream guide will be there.. Otherwise it will not work and something strange and unexpecting will be on the otherside..possibly causing you to lose Lucidity.

The second way to do it is...Get a DC to do it...DCs are honestly stupid/gullable..They will do pretty much anything you want...So walk up to a DC when you are Lucid-while having good control/stability and ask them to take you to a door where your Dream Guide will be on the otherside...Again, you want to have total belief that once you open that door your DG will be on the otherside....If this fails dont give up..Just knowing in waking life that you are trying to find your Dream Guide will help your Subconscious better, and have it keep a look out for it..

Step 3: "Paying Close Attention."

This step is probably one of the most important ones.. I did not put the steps in any order, but If i had to place the steps in a most important order..This would be # 1... Why? Because...What good is finding your dream guide if your not paying attention? What I mean by this is simple.. When you become Lucid..And you are around DCs pay attention to how they interact with you and the dreamworld...DCs tend to do strange things sometimes, or even say stupid things.. DreamGuides (at least mine) every time she has been in my dreams (only 2 times) it has only been me and her inside the dream.. I have gotten lucky.. But DGs will tend to look at you more than DCs...I'm talking right in your eyes, because they want to be noticed.. Now im not saying that every DC that may look into your eyes could be your DG...you have to investigate the dreamworld and your own surroundings and everything in it to get on the trail that leads to finding your DG.

Remember when you read above ^^ where it states that my DG told me she tried contacting me Last fall...Well at the time of the LD where i found her..One year prior to that..I had a dream about a girl..and this girl was being hit on by all these guys..so I walked up to the group, and the lady came over to me and we were walking away--i was walking backwards--and next thing she does is whisper in my ear..clear as day.. "I already know who you are..I just Dont want them to know, that I know you."---that took place In FALL 2005---I found my DG in FALL 2006...You see the connection..She was already trying to contact me but I didnt notice....That's why you must pay close attention to who you interact with and all the DCs that are being active inside your LD.. You dont want to miss out on something that could possibly lead you to your DG....

Take notes if you have to, so you remember certain things that DCs do or even say....Anything to help you along your journey.

Step 4: "Believe..."

Ok so I lied..this is the #1 important rule if you want to get anywhere with finding your DG...even in LD Believing is one of the most important things....You must be wondering what you are suppose to believe....Well here it is....

BELIEVE 110% that you have a DreamGuide...why? Because every single person on this planet has one, whether you like it or not.. Some go their whole lives without finding theirs..But if you tell yourself during Waking Life that you have a Dream Guide, your SUB C will began to believe that, and you will pay close attention to your dreams and LDs in general...If you DONT believe that you have a dream guide, you will never find it...period... You have to believe...use the old saying "seeing is believing" but flip it around... "Believing is seeing.." Believe you have a Dreamguide...Then sooner or later you shall SEE your Dreamguide...

All these steps play a role in some way of helping your find your DG.. I hope that this helps those who have yet to find their DG... If you haven't begun the journey to find yours...It might be fun to give it a try...Because it only took me one read of a post on this web site to convince me to begin my journey...that word was DREAMGUIDE....it was an amazing journey...Now that I have found Anna..My LDs mean more... Just the LD i had last night she was in it..after waking up from it i posted on this forum ^^^the link above^^^ about it.. While i was typing I had a tremendous amount of energy surging through my body...soo much that it made the hairs on my arms and neck stand up.....That's how good it feels to be in contact with your Dream Guide... I hope this inspires and helps you to go find yours... good luck and have a safe journey..

WHAT TO DO NOW??????

STEP 1: Dreamguide Appearence

This is a very important part..Simply because it will help you figure out what exactly you can do with your DreamGuide...Luckily, for me, my DG is a female about my age, very beautiful brown wavy hair and brown eyes......She has been in about 4 of my Lucid Dreams out of the 90 that i have had in about 15 months...I already know deep inside me that I love her to death, she honestly is nothing like any girl I have met on earth...We havent done much, and I was even asked the question, would i ever have sex with my DG? The answer is simply no i would not.. I have too much respect for my DreamGuide to use her in such a way.. We already established the fact that we do love eachother, but its a love soo deep, that its better then sex...I know weird right..

But anyways..IF your DG happens to be a human, Id suggest getting to know your DG..Ask him/her questions...example: What do you have to offer for me?...I dont really know much about my DG yet, because everytime we become face to face I am just so blown away by her standing next to me.. I wake up and i lay in bed and I literally feel like little electrical waves of energy are flowing througn my body--all the hair on my neck and arms stand up on end.....

But yes Appearence is the most important thing when deciding what to do with your DreamGuide...

STEP 2: Ok Now What??

Ok you figured out the appearence of your DG..pat yourself on the back, drink some milk and cookies--you deserve it ...But during your treat of milk and cookies...you stop in the middle of chewing and ask yourself...Well, what the heck do i do now?

Well folks, I'd be glad to help you in that aspect of your troubles...In My Opinion, I believe that no matter what your DG may look like, make the best out of it...If you can communicate with your DG, like i said above, ask questions..The fun part would be to ask your DG questions about yourself, that you know-to see if your DG gets it right...Because some say that your DG knows more about you, then you do yourself--that is why its there to GUIDE YOU..hmmm, amazing how life and dreams work together isnt it....

Another great thing ( for all you single peepz out there) is to build a relationship with your DG--I prefer a non sexual relationship with mine--even though I am single at the moment--Just because I feel my DG is there for a better reason then sex....I feel my DG is like on a higher level of Understanding what's going on around me--so therefore, it might be a good idea that i LISTEN!

In the end, have fun with your DG...make a good relationship with your DG...when you feel your dream slippin away, say something worth while that they will remember you by--even though they wont forget you--or ask your DG for some wisdom before you wake up to go downstairs for more milk and cookies---they might tell you to use a napkin to get the chocolate off your face---you never know..

That brings me to my next step- no no no--not the cookies---the part where i said LISTEN..

STEP 3:Listening To Your Dreamguide

This is a very good step.. Your Dreamguide--I believe--and has been said--that Dreamguides know more about you then you know yourself..So why wouldn't you listen to someone who knows more about you, that can help you with everday life events...Having a troubled relationship? Ask your DG what would be the best option for you and your spouse....I have to warn you, your Dreamguide may give you an answer you may not want to hear..Like perhaps, ending the relationship...But you must understand that, even though you dont like that thought or idea...It's probably the best thing for you to do, so your emotions and mental state can get better..

All in all, Listen to the wisdom that your DG has to offer...You may become enlightened by the fact of what your DG knows...

For those who have yet to read my first TUTORIAL on this subject matter *clears throat*Here you go I had mentioned when i first met my DG while sitting at a restaraunt--I had said to her.. You know how long I've been looking for you....She replied back, I tried contacting you last fall--which was in FALL of 2005 because we have yet to have FALL 2007...So after that dream, i had woken up and went back into my old Dream Journals, and went to the months where fall fell on..And i had found a dream that made me certain it was her...and i believe it was her because the girl in that dream whispered in my ear... "I already know who you are, I just dont want them to know, that I know you...." Now if you go back and read the part where she said I tried contacting you last fall...If i had woken up from that dream, and not even bothered to pay attention to what the heck she was telling me, I would have never of looked back in my dream journals and found that dream...She basically told me she was trying to get a hold of me, but guess what... I WASNT LISTENING!!!!! she FLAT OUT told me--I ALREADY KNOW WHO YOU ARE----but was i paying attention------NO! lol..

So you see how important paying attention to what your Dreamguide says...what your Dreamguide DOES is equally important...If your Dreamguide helps other DCs it should be on your behalf to return to favor to other DCs, for your DG will respect you for it....

STEP 4:Respecting Your Dreamguide

This............This ladies and gentlmen, is the #1 most important step having to do with your dreamguide.....RESPECT......DO NOT TAKE...YOUR DREAMGUIDE...FOR GRANTED!! I'd put the text bigger on that part but i think you get the picture.....Now im not saying dont joke around, laugh, and have fun...That is good stuff..Heck, go ahead and play hide and seek, because in a sense your DG is already playing that with you...your DG is out there somewhere, HIDING, maybe even right infront of your face, but you must be the one to notice, and FIND them...and once you do...you should respect them...because they have so much knowledge and advice to offer to you..But you must be the one to ask for it...Do not treat your DG like you would a person that you disliked or held a grudge over..Because to be quiet honest with you, if you have that mindset during TUTORIAL 1 of mine...you may never find your Dreamguide..consider yourself lucky if you find your DG--with the mindset of respecting it--your DG must have the world of Love for you, to come inside your Dreams to try and help you, and GUIDE you even though THEY KNOW that all you have instore for them is disrespect...in the case of that, dont pat yourself on the back, because you didnt find your Dreamguide..Your Dreamguide found you...to help you change your negative ways....

That is why respect is important...If you want your DG to give you answers about yourself or whatever it maybe, and you have some piss poor attitude, you can forget about it...Enless...your DG sees hope for you..even then you maybe at loss...because you'd be soo stuck inside your negative outlook you wouldn't beable to see the hope your DG has for you...

You remember to golden rule...Treat everyone the way you want to be treated...same goes for your DG...that old washed up saying from so many years, wasnt made for our health...It was made, because it makes sense...You only get in return, what you put in....RESPECT with your DG can go both ways...its your choice...and your DG understands that...Your DG is there to help you...Take it for what its worth.....and let them guide you.....

Another great thing to do to show respect toward your DG, is to thank them...Thank them for being there for you...I wouldnt be suprised if some of them told you...Oh, its nothing...This is what I am here for...For you.....To guide you through your trials and tribulations...anything you need help with...dont be afraid to ask...

STEP 5: Be Thankful....

The last step is quite simple and goes along with the previous step...All in all, just be thankful that you have found your Dreamguide and that you have been able to experience some great times with it...Because its not everyday that you wake up inside your dream standing next to someone who knows more about you then you can even imagine...so please, be thankful and be happy..That even though life can sometimes feel like shit..We have our dreams to look foward to..And a DreamGuide to reach out to when we are troubled, or sad, or confused..Whatever it is that we feel, our questions that we have can be answered by our Dreamguide...If we LISTEN to, RESPECT and THANK them.........For guiding us to lifes answers, that we all, truly seek.......

FACTS ABOUT DREAM GUIDES!

What Is a Dreamguide?

A Dreamguide is a GUIDE inside your DREAMS--hence the name DREAMGUIDE--that is there to help guide you either through yoru dreams OR through situations that you face in everday life. That of course is if you choose to use your Dreamguide in that manner... Lets say for instance you are having a troubled relationship...And you come across your DG in a LD...lets say your DGs name is George...You go up to George and ask.

You: "George, I am having a hard time with a situation right now with my (boyfriend/girlfriend), and quite frankly I do not know what to do..."

George: " Well (insert name here) It would be best for you to keep to yourself for a while, get your thoughts and emotions straight..Right now the situation that is going on is causing you a lot of worry and stress..What you need to do is calm down, and come back to the situation when you are good and ready to face it.."

Now i just made that scenerio up for shits and giggles to give you an example of what DGs can help you with...

Dreamguides also know more about you (inside and out.. Living and in your dreams) then you do yourself...I know its very hard to comprehend such a huge thing, but its true (research, you'll find it)....

I know some of you are probably sitting back thinking...Well how does he know this, does he know everything about DGs.... No.. I dont...but the thing i Do know (besides what ive stated in my other 2 Tutorials) is that every single person on the face of this planet, has a Dream Guide...

That brings me on to my next topic...

Where Do Dreamguides Come From?

This is a highly asked and highly debated question...But honestly, the answer is simple...

I have had some people tell me that your DG can be made into anything you please...Hell it could be made into freaking Ronald Mcdonald ....Which sadly.. Is not true... I have yet to encounter anyone who has made up their own DG... Oreionaunt (spelling?) a fellow member of DV, his DG i believe he told me once is half human--half dragon---meaning his DG likes to turn into a Dragon.... Now do you think he was like.. "Ah yes, i want my DG to be half human and half dragon"--I hardly doubt it...

Now onto my point... think of it as this way...

The day you are born or as a young child you already began to dream... And within those dreams somewhere (even though we are too young to comprehend or remember them) is our Dream Guide..We have a Dream Guide the moment we start dreaming in life...It may take years for you to find yours, but your DG has been with you since day one.....

See what I am trying to say here is this... Think of us and the whole worlds population...Our exsistence begins somewhere/somehow...just like our Dream Guides..Their exsistence begins somewhere/somehow.. Does anybody know how? I have yet to find a positive FACT answer on where and how Dreamguides came about...But the FACT of the matter is...They do exsist...

To think you can make up your own Dreamguide is to me downgrading... Im not trying to offend those who believe you can or believe it is possible, but think about it...How the hell are you going to make something or someone up, that knows MORE ABOUT YOU then you know yourself??? Is it even mentally possible to do something like that??

Sure people can reply to this and say "Hey spiritofthewolf, I have made up my DG to whom I wanted it to be" Sure you can say it, but can you prove it? NO! Like I said before.. It has yet to be PROVED where and how Dreamguides came about... Enless you have some magical video of how you created your DG then all you have is your word--with no evidence--and im sorry, that is just not good enough....

Apperance

Even though I have yet to have this happen to me.. It has been know that Dream Guides can change their appearance.. Thats why some people may think they have another Dream Guide when on occasions it could be the same one they have always had... Even though people have had or do have more then one Dream Guide, which I will explain more in depth on that in a moment..

But first...If you have been lucky enough to find your Dreamguide, congrats to you! I must for-warn-you though, that if you call upon your DG one night in a LD and you "turn around" and see them standing there and they look different... I'd advise you ask them their name...If they give you some phony ass answer, then I suggest you move on... Its a wannabe DG

Yes I have had them before.. I have called upon my DG (Anna) and much to my suprise I have had the strangest looking people appear as if they were my DG....and I would ask them "Are you Anna?" and they would be like "What?" I'd laugh and walk away.. Everytime Anna has been in my LDs she has appeared the same, and if for a split second i was not sure if it was Anna, I'd ask, and she would reply yes..

Ladies and Gents, you must be aware that even though in a LD... you must be smarter then the LD.. What I mean by this is simple...Even though you are in control of your dream, your dream is still trying to control you.. If you call upon your DG, someone else ( a DC ) may appear pretending/trying to trick you into believeing that they are your DG...please do not fall for this false statement...

Yes your DG may change its apperance (like Oreinaunts DG) but if you have gotten a long hard look at your DG, then you will beable to tell the fakes from the real one..

Honesty Is What Counts

Honesty...alot of us use it...alot of us dont...But inside your Dreams, our DreamGuide always uses it.. Your Dreamguide will not mislead you whatsoever, it is there to give you honest advice about things inside your dreams and in waking life. If you are honest with them they will be honest with you....

More than One

There are people here at DV that have found more then one DG..Which we honestly have more then one DG.. I have yet to only find one.....who knows we all could have 100 DGs and just not know it.. That does not change the fact that we still dont know where they come from..

Closing

With that said I would like to close this 3rd and final tutorial by thanking those who have read them and for those who i have inspired to go search for your Dreamguide....In the end there is a lot of research that still needs to be done on Dream Guides themselves....I believe in a way that we arent suppose to know where DGs truly come from, that it doesnt matter..That when we come face to face with our own Dreamguide, not to ask a bazillion questions...but instead....shut up and listen....
      Last edited by Mancon; 10-15-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Made more organized, fixed some stuff.
      LD Count: 300 since 2005, average 40 LDs a yr
      Last LD: 11/23/2013

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

Dweller of the twilight. person-person's Avatar
      First of all I would like to say, WOW! That's one thoughtful post!

Secondly: Thanks Spiritofthewolf.

I am yet to see my DG, but the search begins...

Oh, and as for where they come from, put it this way: where do WE come from? (basically that means, it doesnt matter where for now, the point is that we do exist)

I would love to have a girl dreamguide with wavy hair...
      But RESPECT is so true.

Ill tell you if I find mine! Oh and ask Anna, if she can tell my DG that I am very willing to meet them. If that's possible.

Cheers, P-P.
      <div align="center">Just because you&#39;re not paranoid,
      It doesn&#39;t mean that they&#39;re still not out to get you.</div>

Hey,
      Firstly, congrat&#39;s on finding your dreamguide (I remember you talking about this over a year ago) The willpower and commintment you have shown is pretty damn inspirational&#33;
      Secondly, kudos on such a well written and thoughtful post.

Ubik
      Are you dreaming or awake?

PL: 51S1NT 4R51MS

wow. that was really helpfull even thought i know im not ready to meet my DG because i can barely controle my LDs now. but i will start to look for mine once i can get controle. thanks for the tremendous help and for posting this.

-amidreaming?-
      give peace a chance

Lucid Dreams: 13

Dweller of the twilight. person-person's Avatar
      Like you Amidreaming, I do not really have much control over my LD&#39;s expect I once read somewhere that your DG can help you become lucid, so that&#39;s why I want to meet mine.

Ha ha ha ha, that dog is hilarious&#33;
      <div align="center">Just because you&#39;re not paranoid,
      It doesn&#39;t mean that they&#39;re still not out to get you.</div>

I kind of find the idea of a dreamguide cool. A sentient entity existing inside of you. I find the idea plausible, I mean there&#39;s a lot of brain out there that we don&#39;t know what it does, maybe there&#39;s all kinds of anomalous stuff floating about. I&#39;ve been very careful with DCs because admittedly I don&#39;t know exactly what they are, so one really has to ask himself, "what exactly am I killing" OR "what exactly am I having sex with, yes it&#39;s a DC but this thing is part of me what happens if I harm it?" So far about the worst thing I&#39;ve done is threaten a DC who was threatening to harm my Dog, and kiss a female DC just out of curiousity of what kissing was like. (Nothing beyond that happened with her. She was a tad spacey and very unresponsive, I must say I was a little dissapointed, my friends make such a big deal out of kissing too )

I have a few questions though. I have a religious belief that is very very important to me and how I live my life. I feel worried that my dream guide may try to suggest a course of action that falls outside of my beliefs. If it tells me to do something that I consider wrong, I can&#39;t do that. As much as I would honor and respect it if I ever have the pleasure of meeting it, I can&#39;t go against my religion, it&#39;s what I am. Would they ever tell me to do something like that? I hope that the thought of such things doesn&#39;t drive them away, but I can&#39;t do something that is against my way.

I also am a little worried about the appearance of this creature. You mentioned if the dream guide was human you should try to get and know it. What if it&#39;s not human? What if it&#39;s a covenant hunter with no comprehensible language? Will I simply know what it tries to say? Or no matter what form it takes will I be able to understand whatever it says. I don&#39;t mean to ask unanswerable questions but I&#39;m just looking for a little more clarity before I go looking for this incredible creature.

Sweden
      I have a few questions though. I have a religious belief that is very very important to me and how I live my life. I feel worried that my dream guide may try to suggest a course of action that falls outside of my beliefs. If it tells me to do something that I consider wrong, I can&#39;t do that. As much as I would honor and respect it if I ever have the pleasure of meeting it, I can&#39;t go against my religion, it&#39;s what I am. Would they ever tell me to do something like that? I hope that the thought of such things doesn&#39;t drive them away, but I can&#39;t do something that is against my way.[/b]
      I have written a novel about that, a dream guide that you have huge respect for tells you something that you cannot do. But it&#39;s in swedish, sorry
      Currently practicing WILD. I quote Kaniaz who said it best: "The point of WILD is to piss me off". Though, I have not given up, far from it.

Lurker
      Thanks for the tips but... i cant gain control of my dreams please me some tips to control my dreams

Thanks

hello&#33; I&#39;m having trouble with dream control too. You might want to go and check out this forum here- http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/index.php?showforum=16

you can also go to the dreamview home page and there is a tutorial section at the top.

I hope that helps you. I see that you&#39;re new, you might want to go to the newbie zone at the top of the forum index page, there a team of guys there that specialize in helping out. They&#39;re all experienced and very nice.

Welcome to the board&#33;

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      New Hampshire, United States
      Hey, this guide was very interesting, and helpfull. I wish to find my dreamguide but more importantly i wish to have my first Ld. (lol) if you got any tips or ideas for me to become lucid please pm me. Been trying this lucid dreams for like 3 days yay&#33;

That was one of the most interesting things i have ever read. Thank you very much, and in time ahead, i will be searching for my dream guide, this helped ALOT, thank you

Ev
      I&#39;ve looked at the entire article and I couldnt help but notice a few things that are inconsistent...

Did you have 17 months and 77 LDs or 15 months and 90 LDs?

First you say that she was in your dreams 4 times, and then you say that she was there only twice....

These could be honest mistakes.

What I would like to warn you about is being overly eager to accomplish something. Believing that you have accomplished something can lead to disastrous consequences. This whole dreamguide thing reminds me of the times when I just joined this forum - back then everyone was extremely anxious about experiencing an OBE and every week there were new posts about people claiming to have OBEs and all kinds of stuff. Then DV members spent more than a year clearing out misconceptions about OBEs and pretty much had to reeducate many newbies who wanted to jump straight to OBEs.... The bottomline of "OBE hysteria" was - TEST your assumptions before posting them, dont just blindly believe...
      Sorry if I&#39;m being a bit overly critical.

Eau Claire, WI
      i have had 95 lucid dreams in 20 months to be accurate on what u stated

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

Member Achievements:
      Hey, Ev im new around here, whats was or is a obe.

and yes this article sounds interesting, but im not 100% i believe in it needs more details about do they remember you from pasrt dreams, do they see what happens in your real life??

Ontario, Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by TripleX223 View Post
      Hey, Ev im new around here, whats was or is a obe.

and yes this article sounds interesting, but im not 100% i believe in it needs more details about do they remember you from pasrt dreams, do they see what happens in your real life??
      [/b]
      an "OBE" is an &#39;out of body experience.&#39; where you leave your physical body and travel around. Also known as Astral Projection.

heh...funny enough, I read this post last night that same night I finally got to meet my dream guide&#33;
      I was walking towards the door and I remember reading about "the open door" part of this post. At this point I was lucid and I didn&#39;t walk through the door but I did what was said in "Step 1." I turned around the 180 and I saw the room change. There was this girl with long read hair and I asked if she was my dream guide she said no and I went on to ask these two other girls and they gave me the same answer. I then went up to this one girl who was cleaning the table I asked her if she was my dream guide and she said yes. Her name is Laura and I had on hell of conversation.

All I can say is THANK YOU SPIRITOFTHEWOLF

Member Achievements:
      Wow, that&#39;s awsome. You alll are soo lucky. I havn&#39;t had my first lucid dream yet. any tips?

Ev
      Dont give up on trying, sooner or later you will become lucid...

Explorer Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      Florida, USA
      In my opinion (just to have a logical explanation stated here):

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob_001 View Post

Dream guides are just DCs that you allow to be smarter than other DCs

What I mean by this is simple: When you see a character that you think is your "dreamguide" you allow that character to act outside the bounds of a normal Dream character (for example, if your in a lucid dream walking down the street and a random DC walks up to you, you expect him/her to know nothing about you (like any normal random person on the street wouldn&#39;t know anything about you) thus he/she doesn&#39;t.

On the other hand, if your walking down the street (in a dream) and think: "holy shit, that DC thats walking up to me is my dreamguide&#33;&#33;&#33;" then your allowing your subconscious to let that DC know everything you know. thus giving it the air of wisdom most people associate with dreamguides.

In conclusion, a dreamguide isn&#39;t something special, all it is is a normal dream character that you expect to be smart. (so basically, any random DC you walk up on in a dream could be what people call a "dreamguide")

hope that made sense [/b]
      RebelSeven and G672 like this.

After reading that entire rant, I find myself with a throbbing headache. Could it be all the grammatical or spelling errors? Could it be the arrogance of the author? Possibly the constant flow of generalizations? My bet is a combination of them all...

ask..."Are you my dream guide?" If they say "Yes" then you have found your DG..[/b]
      Really? You sure that&#39;s how it works out? There&#39;s no possible chance that a dream character would say "Yes"? Hmm. Wow.

DC&#39;s are honestly stupid/gullable..[/b]
      That&#39;s not a generalization at all&#33; It&#39;s funny because technically a dream guide is also simply a character in your dream.

We already established the fact that we do love eachother, but its a love soo deep, that its better then sex...I know weird right..
      [/b]
      You realize that this statement is a little odd. right? A dream guide, so to say, isn&#39;t a separate entity or another being... It&#39;s still you. It&#39;s still a dream character, so to say.

I have had some people tell me that your DG can be made into anything you please...Hell it could be made into freaking Ronald Mcdonald ....Which sadly.. Is not true... I have yet to encounter anyone who has made up their own DG...[/b]
      Look around
      Sure people can reply to this and say "Hey spiritofthewolf, I have made up my DG to whom I wanted it to be" Sure you can say it, but can you prove it? NO&#33; Like I said before.. It has yet to be PROVED where and how Dreamguides came about... Enless you have some magical video of how you created your DG then all you have is your word--with no evidence--and im sorry, that is just not good enough....[/b]
      I literally laughed out loud after this statement. I honestly had to reread it to make sure that I understood what you said correctly. Let&#39;s think about this for a minute, shall we? You&#39;re asking if we "can prove" anything on the topic of dreaming. "With no evidence," hahaha. How is one supposed to prove anything that&#39;s happened in his own mind? Our word isn&#39;t good enough? What else is there to go off of? How do I know you even have a dream guide? You haven&#39;t proved it yet. I think you&#39;re making all of this up&#33; You need to make a magic video of you talking to Anna and then give it to me, otherwise, without evidence, all I have is your (probably misspelled) word. I would strongly suggest thinking before typing.

I&#39;d like to point out that my dream guide looks exactly like I had envisioned her before we met. I had even made a sketch of her a few months back.

By the way, on that whole, "We don&#39;t know where they came from," thing. Yes we do. They&#39;re part of our subconscious, idiot. It&#39;s not like they have their own lives and shit separate from us. They&#39;re part of our minds.
      -------------------EDIT----------------

Billy Bob, I just read your explanation.
      That&#39;s 100% true.
      Very well said.
      RebelSeven likes this.

Eau Claire, WI
      lol power, plz, go do research, it has yet to be proven where DG&#39;s come from, man your hidious..all we need is someone like you to ruin such a great website like this... Go learn the facts about Dreaming first of all because you obviously need to begin there..

You say our DG&#39;s are part of our Subconcious, that we made them up...wow..why in the hell would we make something up that knows more about us then we know ourselves...

Ok imagine this..

how stupid does this look like..

take ED for example: ED is a genius ok.. not only is he a Genius but he loves Lucid Dreaming.. now ED decides.. "Hey, im gonna make up my own Dream Guide...(lets not forget the fact that DG&#39;s know more about us then we know ourselves).. I&#39;m gonna make up my own DG so i can go to them and learn from them about my life..."

Yah, that makes sense powers... Were gonna just MAKE something up and have it *magically somehow* know more about who we are, and were gonna go to this *Created person* and learn from it....Wow..yah...that makes ALLLLOOOT of sense....

Powers your whole concept is like a mother giving birth to a baby (our sub C creating a DG), and then deciding the mom (our SUB C) is gonna learn from the baby( the DG our SUB C created) because it somehow magically knows more about her (our LIFE) then she does herself (us in general)...somehow, we dont know how, but somehow, the baby( our created Dream guide from our Subconcious) knows more about her mother (our sub c and life in general)...so the mother (SUB C) who gave birth to this baby (DG), just decides hell, since this baby (DG) that i gave birth to (our created DG) knows more about me, im gonna listen to it and have it guide me.....

Now if you cant understand that statement above Powers, then you really shouldnt be talking about my comments and posts or even Lucid Dreaming for that matter.. I mean you only joined this Forum less then a week ago...Go do your research....Ask the others who have commented on this post, they will tell you that my tutorials are helpful...you, and your miniscule bicker is only a whisper in my ear...

BTW powers i took the time for you to check out this site... If you take the time to read it (which i hope you do) you will begin to understand Dreamguides, the guy who wrote it even talks about WILD&#39;s and how they can help you find your DG...

so plz, go read more, then come back and act like you know it all...

http://www.portraitcorner.co.uk/Articles/c...irit-guides.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5484/dec-dg.htm

PS: For all those who stand behind me, and enjoy my tutorials/posts, i thank you.. dont let comments like powers distract you from your goals...

thank you,

spiritofthewolf

Member Achievements:
      Powers if you dont want to believe anything this site stands for you probably wont ld, and youll miss out on the companionship of a dg.

(still yet to ld )

Ev
      I must agree with BillyBob_001 and Power. Simply believing that you found your DG is not enough. You are tricking yourself. It is ok if you trick yourself, but you shouldnt make newbies trick themselves as their LDs are rare.

You want to believe that the DG that you have created/found knows more about you than your own consciousness. This is pretty easy to test - ask her questions, disregard the feeling of wisdom and analyze what you&#39;ve heard. That is provided you can remember everything that she said... If you find an ounce of BS, she&#39;s fake.

DGs are rare, there&#39;s no reason for them to manifest themselves until the time has come. DCs on the other hand are abundant and are known to lie/deceive/BS nonstop. Especially if you would ask them such leading questions as "Are you my DG?"
      RebelSeven likes this.

Eau Claire, WI
      i have stated about DG&#39;s and how DC&#39;s can trick you into believeing they are your DG, and i also stated (more then once) that my DG had said to me the first time we met, that she had tried contacting me LAST FALL (which was fall of 2005) the dream where she said that took place in fall 2006.. so after the dream where i first met anna, i remembered what she said about contacting me... I went into my Dream Journal to the FALL part of the last year (2005) and there was a dream where a bunch of guys were hitting on this girl.. I had walked up to the group to break up the whole thing.. The girl and i walked away ( i was walking backward, and she whispered in my ear) "I already know who you are, I just dont want them to know, that I Know you" (referring to the guys who were hitting on her.

now with what powers is saying and Billy (no offence to either one) is that Magically my SUB C just decided to have 2 dreams around one year apart connect to eachother--and not only that--but have a DG mention to me that she tried contacting me..now if that is the case, i guess you can just say my SUB is some kind of Genius...

Now if you will take the time to read this link, it talks about a guy and how he finds/uses his DG and how his DG talks about his waking life and what he can do to better it...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5484/dec-dg.htm

here is a little quote from the page....

Imaginative dream people (whom Seth calls secondary constructions or thought-forms) do some of the things dream guides do; they ask questions, cause trouble, etc. Yet, except for possible "test situations," dream guides stand out because of their unique qualities of lucidity and action, and because of the guidance they provide. They are also different form other out-of-body dream people in their energies and presence, and their inner communications are not like those sent by "real" people.

please read and enjoy

ty

SOTW

Ev
      i have stated about DG&#39;s and how DC&#39;s can trick you into believeing they are your DG, and i also stated (more then once) that my DG had said to me the first time we met, that she had tried contacting me LAST FALL (which was fall of 2005) the dream where she said that took place in fall 2006.. so after the dream where i first met anna, i remembered what she said about contacting me... I went into my Dream Journal to the FALL part of the last year (2005) and there was a dream where a bunch of guys were hitting on this girl.. I had walked up to the group to break up the whole thing.. The girl and i walked away ( i was walking backward, and she whispered in my ear) "I already know who you are, I just dont want them to know, that I Know you" (referring to the guys who were hitting on her.

now with what powers is saying and Billy (no offence to either one) is that Magically my SUB C just decided to have 2 dreams around one year apart connect to eachother--and not only that--but have a DG mention to me that she tried contacting me..now if that is the case, i guess you can just say my SUB is some kind of Genius...[/b]
      Dont you realize that the fact that you had 2 dreams one year apart is THE weakest point of your argument? Your subconscious mind is always with you. As you&#39;ve stated the DGs are with you since the moment you start dreaming as a kid.

Now the question is - if something is with you all the time, every time you dream. And suddenly it manifests itself and attempts to contact you - it gotta have some serious reason to do so. If it is with you all the time and it has a serious reason to contact you it will keep trying to contact you. One failed attempt in a NON LUCID dream would not count as trying. This is a RANDOM occurence. Recurrent dreams that have the same message can count as an attempt at contact.

You are a lucid dreamer and if your DG or your subconsciousness would like to contact you it would do so in a LUCID dream, where you have a chance of replying and establishing a dialogue.

And yes, the subconsciousness (not just yours) is a genius. It can link events that are years apart and it can make most unbelievable scenarious seem real, ESPECIALLY if you are under the influence of drugs or in a dream. That is why you should TEST your ideas/assumptions/drug experiences/whatever. If you havent tested them but want to share them with people post them as observations, not as a tutorial for newbies...

You&#39;ve seen your "DG" 4 times (maybe 3 excluding last fall) and all this time you were believing she&#39;s your DG and that she knows more about you than you are. Please, dont give her credibility and dont trust her 110% until you have tested her.

I understand that the simple fact of you seeing a girl in your dreams one year apart may seem like magic, but please examine the situation deeper.

PS. Is dreamguides the new fad of this forum?

PPS.
      Now if you cant understand that statement above Powers, then you really shouldnt be talking about my comments and posts or even Lucid Dreaming for that matter.. I mean you only joined this Forum less then a week ago...Go do your research....Ask the others who have commented on this post, they will tell you that my tutorials are helpful...you, and your miniscule bicker is only a whisper in my ear...[/b]
      Plz dont let your seniority over Power to cloud your eyes. I have a LD4ALL forum account and it has maybe 30-50 posts. Does that mean that when I go to LD4ALL I&#39;m a noob? No.

PPPS.
      all we need is someone like you to ruin such a great website like this... [/b]
      No, he wouldnt ruin this website. In fact we need more ppl like him.
      RebelSeven likes this.

Eau Claire, WI
      Ok maybe your all missing something here.. Dream Guides, ok, if you took the time to read my post you would have also saw the word SPIRIT GUIDE...now the basis of a Dream Guide is simply this

FROM WHAT IVE HEARD/READ not saying this is true or what not, just from what i have researched, is that a Dream Guide is your Spirit Guide (spirit guide is with you in waking life) but now manifests itself in your dreams...

Now idk if you guys read the website i took you, but EV you make a point when you say TEST them out to see what they know, and the website link i gave above gives a time where the author of the website does do that--he test people *random DC&#39;s* who say they are his DG and he asks them questions about his life *real life* and obviously alot of them fail so he moves on..

The bottom line is, either way you look at it...Im not right, and neither one of us is right, its our own opinion.. What I would really like to see is more research done on Dream/Spirit Guides.. I mean Talking about Spirit Guides brings up a totally different side now because it deals with it in waking life...

I mean this whole DG/SG thing goes so deep that this isnt even the tip of the ice berg and we are already bouncing back and forth over it..

If you wanna know more about Dream Guides as a whole, then please research Spirit Guides, because dreamguides are just the spirit guides from your waking life, coming to you in your dreamstate... That&#39;s all im gonna say, i respect all of your opinions, even if you seem&#39;d a little harsh *as so did i at sometimes*

I think instead of bouncing back at eachother i think we should research it together and find out what we can all find on the topic of Dream Guides/Spirit Guides.. Because you never know, we may find out something that suprises us both.

Anywayz, thanks again for your comments, i hope you all get many more LD&#39;s

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast