• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 28
    1. #1
      Call me anytime, sexy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      Hypertrophy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      lost count
      Gender
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      182
      Likes
      61

      Thumbs up DEILD (Dream-Exit Induced Lucid Dream)

      To start off, I've experienced many DEILDs, and the experience differs from person to person, so use this as a guideline.

      DEILD (Dream-Exit Induced Lucid Dream) :

      What is DEILD ?

      It is an induction the fastest one I know, it works about 95% of the time for me and it doesn't requires a lot of things.
      You basically wake up after a dream (Dream-Exit) and don't move.
      You can't open your eyes either. Then you start visualizing your dream and within few seconds you'll be "absorbed" in it.

      Pros.:+ As stable as WILD
      + Fast (5 to 20 seconds)
      + You won't lose sleep

      Cons.: - You have to remember that you wake up after a dream
      - You have to get used to the fact that you can't move


      The preparation

      You must wake up after a dream and (very important) remember it, this can be done by practising. Just get used to being aware that you're awake after a dream, most people wake up but they don't realise it so they just continue sleeping. Now you'll wonder : "How can I realise it ?".
      Well there are severall ways :
      - Drink a lot (of water) before going to sleep which will force you to wake up and go to the bathroom.

      - Wake up with an alarm, if you've done that for some time your body-clock will wake you up before the alarm goes off.

      If you feel that your dream is fading away immediatly prepare your mind to keep you from moving.

      What if I wake up ?

      STOP ! Don't move. Moving will make you leave the Dream-state and that means that you've screwed up. Just keep still and don't move also keep your eyes closed. This has to become an habit. If you move then tell yourself that it was wrong, don't just say it but really tell your mind. You can train yourself just keep trying every night until you got used to it. Some people get hallucinations in this phase but don't pay attention to it, even if they are scary.

      So I didn't move nor did I open my eyes, what now ?

      Visualize your dream, this is very easy since you're still in REM after a few seconds you will enter the dream. This means you're succesfully lucid dreaming since you entered the dream consciously like in a WILD. This also makes a DEILD very stable, about the best you can have.

      This technique is also used a lot to re-enter a dream, but remember the details of the dream will be harder to remember after each DEILD, some people don't even remember a thing.

      Some extra tips :

      - Always do some reality checks right after you wake up, you might have a false awakening. Except if you're DEILDing but if you have a false awakening you probably aren't.

      - I find it very helpfull if I relax a bit before going to sleep and trying to have a lucid dream, for example just take a walk with the dog when it's dark outside, so you can just walk a bit and feel some nice cool air and let your mind wander a bit because you're alone.

      - Rub your hands or spin if you want to make your dream more stable.

      - Don't focus your attention into one point in a dream, it will make you wake up or make the dream very unstable. It's the nature of dreamcontrol you have to concentrate on balancing the dream. This is the reason why new people who want to have sexdreams wake up, excitement is also a factor.

      - Don't go to sleep with an empty stomic, it will make it harder to fall asleep.

      - Don't get frustrated as it will only prevent you from Lucid Dreaming. Just keep positive.


      This tutorial is created by Control.
      Last edited by Control; 09-21-2008 at 04:37 PM.
      "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

    2. #2
      Member Denny22's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ireland
      Posts
      206
      Likes
      1
      So far I've gotten virbrations once but three times now I've felt as if I was rolling out of my bed. However, after it happens and I open my eyes I'm not in a dream. I do an RC but nothing.

      Any tips?
      DILDs- 14 (January 1810)
      WILD- 9 - (December16 2009 20)

    3. #3
      Call me anytime, sexy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      Hypertrophy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      lost count
      Gender
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      182
      Likes
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by Denny22 View Post
      So far I've gotten virbrations once but three times now I've felt as if I was rolling out of my bed. However, after it happens and I open my eyes I'm not in a dream. I do an RC but nothing.

      Any tips?
      Are we talking about DEILD here?
      "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

    4. #4
      Member Denny22's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ireland
      Posts
      206
      Likes
      1
      Yep.

      For instance, last week I woke up, stayed still and pictured a scene. I then felt as if I was rolling out of my bed. It lasted around 5 seconds. The rolling stopped and I wasn't in a dream.
      DILDs- 14 (January 1810)
      WILD- 9 - (December16 2009 20)

    5. #5
      Call me anytime, sexy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      Hypertrophy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      lost count
      Gender
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      182
      Likes
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by Denny22 View Post
      Yep.

      For instance, last week I woke up, stayed still and pictured a scene. I then felt as if I was rolling out of my bed. It lasted around 5 seconds. The rolling stopped and I wasn't in a dream.
      Don't reality check after 5 seconds, believe me you really notice it when you enter a dream, it can take up to 30 seconds, it differs from person to person.. have patience and confidence. Good luck
      "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

    6. #6
      knows
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      1billion+5
      Posts
      546
      Likes
      31
      Another mimic technique.....
      I stomp on your ideas.

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      LD Count
      >100
      Gender
      Location
      Estonia
      Posts
      86
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by malac View Post
      Another mimic technique.....
      Ehh, so what Different things work for different people. Techniques like this sprouting out is a good sign. A sign of evolution, so to speak. And subtle changes might actually be big ones for somebody.

      Anyway, this sounds pretty interesting. Although getting yourself to stay still and keep your eyes closed probably requires a lot of discipline. Still, I find this to be a pretty handy trick. Thanks Hopefully I can put it to good use soon.

    8. #8
      Call me anytime, sexy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      Hypertrophy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      lost count
      Gender
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      182
      Likes
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by SourCherryBoy View Post
      Ehh, so what Different things work for different people. Techniques like this sprouting out is a good sign. A sign of evolution, so to speak. And subtle changes might actually be big ones for somebody.

      Anyway, this sounds pretty interesting. Although getting yourself to stay still and keep your eyes closed probably requires a lot of discipline. Still, I find this to be a pretty handy trick. Thanks Hopefully I can put it to good use soon.
      You sound wise thanks for the comment. It's an official technique actually, I'm just explaining it my own way.
      "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

    9. #9
      knows
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      1billion+5
      Posts
      546
      Likes
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by SourCherryBoy View Post
      Ehh, so what Different things work for different people. Techniques like this sprouting out is a good sign. A sign of evolution, so to speak. And subtle changes might actually be big ones for somebody.

      Anyway, this sounds pretty interesting. Although getting yourself to stay still and keep your eyes closed probably requires a lot of discipline. Still, I find this to be a pretty handy trick. Thanks Hopefully I can put it to good use soon.
      I assume your new to this, seeing your said "sprouting out", as if it isnt on every page you see. Yea, DEILD, works, that's true. But it would be NICE to see credentials from the original creator and not 10 different DEILDS out there with little differences as to how they sleep on there back or stomach. As you said( and its only logical), subtle differences. Even the person who made DEILD stripped it from someone( maybe on accident like he says). We need credentials, credentials, and credentials.

      Control I'm not trying to offend, as you see I emphasize credit of other peoples work. It's nice that your part of the .0005% that actually tries to help others achieve lucidity than to just leech It's a sign that your dedicated to spreading the word for others to succeed and who knows, you might create some sweet ass method later on. H'mm I have an idea...
      Last edited by malac; 09-20-2008 at 11:27 PM.
      I stomp on your ideas.

    10. #10
      Call me anytime, sexy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      Hypertrophy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      lost count
      Gender
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      182
      Likes
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by malac View Post
      I assume your new to this, seeing your said "sprouting out", as if it isnt on every page you see. Yea, DEILD, works, that's true. But it would be NICE to see credentials from the original creator and not 10 different DEILDS out there with little differences as to how they sleep on there back or stomach. As you said( and its only logical), subtle differences. Even the person who made DEILD stripped it from someone( maybe on accident like he says). We need credentials, credentials, and credentials.

      Control I'm not trying to offend, as you see I emphasize credit of other peoples work. It's nice that your part of the .0005% that actually tries to help others achieve lucidity than to just leech It's a sign that your dedicated to spreading the word for others to succeed and who knows, you might create some sweet ass method later on. H'mm I have an idea...
      All those guides are created by people who want to share their own experience with the technique, since the experience differs it's unable to create a perfect guide. I hope that you understand what we're saying, he's obviously not new.
      "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

    11. #11
      Intergalactic Psychonaut Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze
      spaceexplorer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      856
      Likes
      81
      Isn't this basically just MILD reworded slightly (and missing it's core concept of mnemonic focus?)
      I can't really see anything here that jumps out as a NEW technique at all, sorry.


      Also, you seem to refer to WILD as a technique???
      Isn't a WILD just a type of lucid dream. From what i've read in LaBerge's work (the guy who came up with the term WILD!)
      a WILD is a Wake Initiated Lucid Dream and a DILD is a Dream initiated Lucid Dream. Those are the two types of Lucid dreams you can have. They are not METHODS they are the result of methods.

      I don't like to nit pick but lets get our facts straight before trying to educate others. Otherwise it continues to spread disinformation.
      Last edited by spaceexplorer; 09-21-2008 at 10:14 PM.

    12. #12
      Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Gender
      Location
      The Anime World
      Posts
      2,122
      Likes
      76
      Quote Originally Posted by spaceexplorer View Post
      Isn't this basically just MILD reworded slightly (and missing it's core concept of mnemonic focus?)
      I can't really see anything here that jumps out as a NEW technique at all, sorry.
      DEILD is a branch of WILD. Where you got MILD from is beyond me.

      Also, since MILD requires you to wake up multiple times during the night to use Auto-suggestion, and DEILD barely has you wake up at all, I don't see the similarities.

      Unless you mean the Auto-suggestion part, which is the key to MILD, while in DEILD, it's only really used to remember not to move after a REM period.

      Like Control said, this is an official method, but just his version.
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

    13. #13
      Intergalactic Psychonaut Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze
      spaceexplorer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      856
      Likes
      81
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Egypt View Post
      DEILD is a branch of WILD. Where you got MILD from is beyond me.

      Also, since MILD requires you to wake up multiple times during the night to use Auto-suggestion, and DEILD barely has you wake up at all, I don't see the similarities.

      Unless you mean the Auto-suggestion part, which is the key to MILD, while in DEILD, it's only really used to remember not to move after a REM period.

      Like Control said, this is an official method, but just his version.
      Not sure what sources you are getting your information from.
      How is DEILD official? can you please inform me of the published source, research etc?
      Also you cannot have branch of WILD as it is a TYPE of lucid dream NOT a method. Unless you mean a branch of the induction methods used to induce a WILD?

      As for MILD by LaBerge, here is the official definition (in LaBerges own words)

      The MILD technique employs prospective memory, remembering to do something (notice you're dreaming) in the future. Dr. LaBerge developed this technique for his doctoral dissertation and used it to achieve lucid dreaming at will. The proper time to practice MILD is after awakening from a dream, before returning to sleep. (Modified from EWLD, p. 78)

      1.

      Setup dream recall.
      Set your mind to awaken from dreams and recall them. When you awaken from a dream, recall it as completely as you can.
      2.

      Focus your intent.
      While returning to sleep, concentrate single-mindedly on your intention to remember to recognize that you're dreaming. Tell yourself: "Next time I'm dreaming, I will remember I'm dreaming," repeatedly, like a mantra. Put real meaning into the words and focus on this idea alone. If you find yourself thinking about anything else, let it go and bring your mind back to your intention.
      3.

      See yourself becoming lucid.
      As you continue to focus on your intention to remember when you're dreaming, imagine that you are back in the dream from which you just awakened (or another one you have had recently if you didn't remember a dream on awakening). Imagine that this time you recognize that you are dreaming. Look for a dreamsign--something in the dream that demonstrates plainly that it is a dream. When you see it say to yourself: "I'm dreaming!" and continue your fantasy. Imagine yourself carrying out your plans for your next lucid dream. For example, if you want to fly in your lucid dream, imagine yourself flying after you come to the point in your fantasy when you become lucid.
      4.

      Repeat until your intention is set.
      Repeat steps 2 and 3 until either you fall asleep or are sure that your intention is set. If, while falling asleep, you find yourself thinking of anything else, repeat the procedure so that the last thing in your mind before falling asleep is your intention to remember to recognize the next time you are dreaming.
      Last edited by spaceexplorer; 09-22-2008 at 12:28 AM.

    14. #14
      Batman! batman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      53
      Likes
      0
      I do appreciate your making of this thread, although...

      The DEILD is a method to induce a WILD. This is opposed to the normal WILD Induction
      DILD = 12
      Current goals:
      [ ] Lucid on a more regular basis
      www.youtube.com/user/chloewebbmusic

    15. #15
      Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Gender
      Location
      The Anime World
      Posts
      2,122
      Likes
      76
      Quote Originally Posted by spaceexplorer View Post
      Not sure what sources you are getting your information from.
      How is DEILD official? can you please inform me of the published source, research etc?
      Also you cannot have branch of WILD as it is a TYPE of lucid dream NOT a method. Unless you mean a branch of the induction methods used to induce a WILD?
      Whoops, my bad, I meant it's official here on the forums. The member who gave it a name is Klace if you feel like looking him up.

      Type, method, WHATEVER. It's a branch of WILD. The only differences is that DEILD bypasses SP and doesn't require 5-6 hours of sleep beforehand.

      *sigh* I miss my copy of EWOLD. I wish I knew where it was.
      Last edited by Snowy Egypt; 09-22-2008 at 03:36 AM.
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

    16. #16
      Conscious Traveler
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Unity
      Posts
      87
      Likes
      2
      DJ Entries
      1
      Search Mfg!! Its Better!!
      3-19-08
      would you consider it strange if an alien spent several hours prone each night while their soul roamed in another dimension? We are strange creatures..

    17. #17
      White Wolf Klace's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Your Mind
      Posts
      272
      Likes
      14
      Quote Originally Posted by Erikkujonson View Post
      Search Mfg!! Its Better!!
      That, my friend. Is a matter of opinion.
      And I thank you Control, for your elaboration on my technique. ^_^
      Hakuna Matata.

      Lucid Dreams: 200+ (Too many to count.)

      Yes, I created DEILD.
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=36281

    18. #18
      Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Gender
      Location
      The Anime World
      Posts
      2,122
      Likes
      76
      Ah, and here he is. Good to see you back, Klace.
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

    19. #19
      Conscious Traveler
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Unity
      Posts
      87
      Likes
      2
      DJ Entries
      1
      lol I was just sayin... and btw how many deild threads are there??
      3-19-08
      would you consider it strange if an alien spent several hours prone each night while their soul roamed in another dimension? We are strange creatures..

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      63
      This isn't as stable as a WILD, this IS a WILD. Wake Initiated Lucid Dream.

      Quote Originally Posted by spaceexplorer View Post
      Also, you seem to refer to WILD as a technique???
      Isn't a WILD just a type of lucid dream. From what i've read in LaBerge's work (the guy who came up with the term WILD!)
      a WILD is a Wake Initiated Lucid Dream and a DILD is a Dream initiated Lucid Dream. Those are the two types of Lucid dreams you can have. They are not METHODS they are the result of methods.

      I don't like to nit pick but lets get our facts straight before trying to educate others. Otherwise it continues to spread disinformation.
      Thank you for saying this if people can't even get THAT straight...

      WILD: Wake Initiated Lucid Dream. You are awake, your body goes to sleep, you keep your mind awake and go straight into a lucid dream without losing consciousness.
      -One way to WILD: VILD- by visualizing a scene
      -One way to WILD: DEILD- by not moving when you first wake up, using the fact that you are still on the threshold of sleep to make WILDing easier
      DILD: In some way, shape, or form, you become lucid while you are already in a dream.

      You can use any technique. If people aren't dedicated or thoughtful enough to go, "Oh wow, maybe I'll combine autosuggestion with MILD to wake up after every dream and remember not to move, then I can try to DEILD by combining it with a method like VILD and visualizing _______, then maybe I"ll get a lucid dream!" or some similar combination/experimentation, then mehhhh.

      Anyway, if you are just trying to pass on your advice of how you use the technique, maybe make the title HOW I DEILD/VILD or something. It's less misleading.
      Last edited by Shift; 09-22-2008 at 12:15 PM.

    21. #21
      Intergalactic Psychonaut Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze
      spaceexplorer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      856
      Likes
      81
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Egypt View Post
      Whoops, my bad, I meant it's official here on the forums. The member who gave it a name is Klace if you feel like looking him up.

      Type, method, WHATEVER. It's a branch of WILD. The only differences is that DEILD bypasses SP and doesn't require 5-6 hours of sleep beforehand.

      *sigh* I miss my copy of EWOLD. I wish I knew where it was.
      Perhaps i'm nit picking too much, but i really don't think so.
      It is absolutely vital that the information out there on Lucid Dreaming is clear, unconfused and educated. Coming up with endless "new" techniques ending in "ILD" just because it sounds like the ones LaBerge came up with (and so the writers of these "new" techniques feel all special and important) is just confusing and pointless.
      Lucid Dreaming is a pretty new subject as far as the public are concerned, and there is already SO MUCH nonsense and NewAgeism attached to it that it's very hard to discuss clearly, because people won't take us Lucid Dreamers seriously if they do a search online and find endless misinformation and pseudoScience attached to the subject.

      It is VERY flippant to say "type, method WHATEVER"
      THIS is a VITAL difference. It's as important a point as, for example, in martial arts Kung Fu and Karate are TYPES of martial arts, whilst Punching, kicking, blocking etc. are methods used by martial artists.
      Would you take an expert in Martial Arts serious if you asked him "Which branch of Martial Arts are you trained in?" and for him to answer "Oh kicking and punching." Of course you wouldn't. Why should we have lower standards than every other subject on the planet?

      If I wish to achieve a Lucid Dream, which can be ONLY either a DILD or a WILD. I can use many different techniques. If however you think that WILD is a technique, then you are already confused and how is that going to help?
      Lets try to remember what Lucidity is here... Lucidity is clarity, knowledge and awareness. So let's be lucid in our waking lives to please?
      Lets keep our conversations and the information we share with each other clear, knowledgable and aware too!


      As Shift points out, why bother creating "new" methods which are just combinations of already existing methods? Any thinking person should be doing this as a matter of course. I combine methods all the time, I do not however then come and post them on forums pretending i've invented something new.
      Perahps we should come up with a new term for hybrid methods?
      Perhaps something like "Cocktail" or "Hybrid" and use these terms rather than creating endless "new"(but not really new, just a hybrid) techniques.


      I would absolutely not consider DEILD to be a new lucid dreaming method.
      The idea of simply staying still after waking up from a dream is mentioned in almost all Lucid Dream literature. Not as a method, simply as a basic premise of how sleep and dream physiology operates. It's basic common sense.
      Saying that not moving after waking from a dream is a method, is about as silly as saying that not opening your eyes, or not going and having a coffee after waking from a dream are methods to help you reenter a dream.

      A method should be something that is essentially different or new behaviour that increased the likelyhood of lucid dreaming. Something well thought out, isn't common sense, and has the research and experience of more than one individual to demonstrate it not simply being placebo or a unqiue function of the individuals psychological makeup.

      To me (and i expect most other thinking people) if i wake up from a dream and want to reenter it consciously, it make complete common sense to stay still.

      One last thing,
      In response to snowy eygypt "The only differences is that DEILD bypasses SP and doesn't require 5-6 hours of sleep beforehand."
      How?
      The name DEILD itself implys that you have to wake from a dream. How do you do that without already having been asleep? Other than napping, im guessing most people will have had several hours sleep before having the chance to reenter a dream.
      Also bypasses sleep paralysis? Impossible.
      Sleep Paralysis is a basic function of REM stage sleep. Any WILD induced by whatever method you can think of will have some degree of SP. The only difference being how noticable it is.

      Again. These are basic obvious facts. It is vital to be educated before trying to educate others. Anything else is irresponsible and takes the subject of Lucid Dreaming backwards not forwards.

      So in short. I really don't see anything in DEILD that isn't just basic common sense. It isn't a technique it's a observation of sleep physiology.
      Last edited by spaceexplorer; 09-22-2008 at 01:07 PM.

    22. #22
      Moonshine moonshine's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      1,109
      Likes
      5
      I think its fair to say the DEILD is indeed a WILD.
      But I think the distinction is worthwhile.

      WILD requires time and focus. It takes a while for you to put your body to sleep.
      DEILD, you wake up, your body is already asleep.

      From these points WILD and DEILD are indeed the exact same thing.

      One point of interest ,DEILDs probably happen most when exiting a LUCID dream.
      In a LUCID dream you will know the dream is ending (fading out, feeling your body) and can prepare to Not Move once your back in your sleeping body.

      I suspect that not moving when you wake up from a normal dream is much harder.
      Lucid Dreams:-
      MILD/DILD: 79
      WILD: 13
      DEILD:13
      (TOTAL: 108 )

    23. #23
      Intergalactic Psychonaut Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze
      spaceexplorer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      856
      Likes
      81
      I appreciate what you are saying Moonshine, yet i don't think that DEILD is really a distinct method. Everything i've ever read about WILD (especially in the case of people like LaBerge, and in hardcore literature such as "Conscious mind, sleeping brain") already makes these points.

      It's not that DEILD dosn't make sense, it's just that I don't think it requires a whole section itself.

      To look at it another way.
      A Wake Initiated Lucid Dream (WILD) requires two things;
      Firstly that you are awake, secondly that you are going to enter a dream without loosing consciousness.

      It goes without saying that if you have just woken from a dream then your body and mind are as close to dreaming phsycialy and psychological as can be, so reentering that state is going to be easier than if you are just going to try and have a WILD in the middle of the day.
      It is also pretty obvious that if you have just woken from a dream, any behaviour that is closer to waking than sleeping is going to be counterproductive (opening your eyes, talking, moving, having a drink etc.)
      because they will start to pull your body and mind further from the relaxed state that dreaming requires.
      HOWEVER, sometimes, in the right circumstances (say waking at 4am in the morning) you may find that getting up and having a glass of water will actually be beneficial because it may activate the awareness centers of the brain yet you're body is still tired enough to reenter sleep (because it's 4am and well your sleep pattern is used to being asleep at this point.)

      Basically if you understand what a WILD is, then finding ways to help yourself induce them is really a matter of becoming aware of how your own mind and body work. If you are someone who once you've woken up finds it very hard to fall back to sleep, then staying still may well be very helpful, however if like me you can easily slip back into sleep after getting up (even for a good hour or two) then other methods such as counting yourself to sleep (whilst remaining reasonably still, as long as you are comfortable) are just as effective.

      It's all about realising that each individual is different.
      That's why i prefer researched methods, because in general they are tested on many people and the factors that are in common with all of those people are the ones that are taught. This way individual differences are eliminated as much as possible.

      Staying still after having awoken from a dream CAN be a great habit to form because in the right circumstances it'll result in the dream reforming. Is it a method that deserves it's own title?
      I don't really believe it is.
      I'd say it is better of being considered a Lucid Dreaming Tip or Hint.

    24. #24
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      63
      Spaceexplorer.... thank you for saying everything that I have just been too damn nice to say. I think my level of exasperation just plummeted realizing that someone else feels the same way I do reading the posts on this forum that are just so... wrong

      I don’t think that you’re nitpicking. People need to understand these things and if they are going to make statements, make ones that are correct and logical. It’s one thing to have your own misconceptions and keep them to yourself, but to create a “tutorial” and then provide misinformation is something DV just shouldn’t allow. It’s not fair to the members and especially the people just becoming familiar to lucid dreaming and anyone who wants to see it accepted by the public. And yea, I want to slap everyone who puts “ILD” at the end of something. UGH.

      I call lucid dreams where you never lose consciousness WILD, but I also call the process of falling asleep without losing consciousness to enter a lucid dream "WILDing". So I see WILDing as a huge, all-encompassing process where you retain consciousness to enter a lucid dream, and everything else as a derivative means or method of keeping your mind focused while achieving that. So I think that WILDing is a process, to WILD. Just as becoming aware that you are dreaming is the critical process in achieving a DILD.

      The only thing I disagree with though is saying that DEILD isn't a "method", because the common person who needs to learn to LD has no idea about sleep physiology and can in fact learn it as a method to help them get lucid because otherwise it isn't a behavior they'd really engage in. Before I came on here, I had no idea about sleep paralysis really, or even what a WILD is so it never occurred to me to try to go back to sleep without moving to chain dreams. My thinking was, "Well I'd better move around and get comfortable as possible so that I can fall back asleep faster so that I can try to realize I'm dreaming in my next dream!"

      How we should present it is: "You wake up from a dream, go back to sleep, and try to keep your brain conscious so that your body falls asleep around you and you go straight into a lucid dream." Then you could add on helpful details like "moving as little as possible will help make it easier to get back into SP", etc. or "to prevent yourself from getting distracted or bored and falling asleep, try something like VILD.

    25. #25
      Intergalactic Psychonaut Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze
      spaceexplorer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      856
      Likes
      81
      Hi shift!

      Thanks for that, i was starting to wonder if my being in this forum was a good idea. Misinformation on Lucid Dreaming drives me crazy!
      I love the subject deeply and want it to be shared with as wide an audience as possible. So I want it to come across as coherent, sensible and a mature subject.

      I apologise to anyone who thinks im being too harsh a critic, but it's not a personal issue. I simply want things to be correct. Forums and the internet are great tools for sharing ideas, but they can also quickly descend into hives of misinformation and power struggles.

      I agree with everything you've said thier Shift,
      Perhaps DEILD could be considered a method in the context you describe.
      I still prefer to think of it in the realm of a hint or tip to use alongside other methods.

      To be honest,
      What is most important is that the facts are clear so that people new to the subject don't get bogged down or confused. I'll do my best to share what i know to be solid LDing facts, and i'll not be shy when i see misinformation, even if it does require putting a few noses out of joint by being blunt.

      We're all here to learn and grow, lets do it in the most sensible, mature way possible. I know we all want to teach and feel like experts, because it feels nice to seem important. BUT if we don't make sure we have our facts straight first, then it's our own fault alone if someone picks up on these points. I'm happy for people to do the same with me when i'm wrong, and i'll do the same when i notice other people are wrong. That way we all grow and it dosnt become some kind of race to be "the expert", instead it's team work.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •