Thread: The 90 Days WILD Project

http://bit.ly/GoToCME Clyde Machine's Avatar
      LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries

Day 2 of 90 for Clyde.

Day 2: 1.25.10-1.26.10
      Before: Up after 6 hours sleep. Feel great and awake, ready to WILD.
      After: Fell asleep before SP set in. Must'nt have WBTB'ed long enough (only 5 minutes of no real activity).

Just another day behind me.
      DV Dictionary. / Verious: a definition. /

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dark_grimmjow View Post
      I hate that i've only gotten 1 WILD in 6 days. Just have to keep trying. Don't give up everybody.

Successful nights: 1 out of 6
      You should be happy, most of us have been unsuccessful, but of course, that doesn't mean we are giving up .

Day 7:

Woke up at 5:30, went to the washroom and had a sip of water. Went back to bed. At first I was focusing on my breaths, then on the sound made by my fan. However I fell asleep quickly.

Tomorrow morning: stay wake for 10 minutes, then go to bed and try again.
      Spoiler for Goals:

Retired Post Whore-73PPD jarrhead's Avatar
      LD Count
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      DJ Entries
      I had one but I didn't stay conscious, nor do I think it was close together. I just WILDed and had three lucids later. Probably just DILDs?

Anime addict Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Quote Originally Posted by AndresLD View Post
      You should be happy, most of us have been unsuccessful, but of course, that doesn't mean we are giving up .
      Thanks AndresLD. Your right. Let's keep each other motivated. It's 5 to 7 days down for most of us, but that means we have over 80 days to get better. That's plenty of time for us to have several WILD's. Good luck to everybody on your next WILD night!

LD Count
      Day: 7

Didn't sleep at the usual time, so didn't remember any dream/nor achieve a WOLD.

Lucid Moments: 2 Lucid Dreams: 1

Lucid Goals: [X] Get my first LD [ ] Be a superhero [ ] Jump into a comic book [] Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dark_grimmjow View Post
      Thanks AndresLD. Your right. Let's keep each other motivated. It's 5 to 7 days down for most of us, but that means we have over 80 days to get better. That's plenty of time for us to have several WILD's. Good luck to everybody on your next WILD night!
      ooh yeah we definitely have time to improve, and I think motivation also helps us ;P.

SUCCESSFUL

Day 8:

Woke up at 6:00 AM. Stayed in bed, but went on my Ipod and looked at dreamviews for about 5 minutes. Turned off my Ipod and tried the CCILD, I created my dream guide and had a conversation in my head with her. (Also I imagined how I wanted my next Lucid dream to be). Then I started thinking about random stuff. Next thing I know it's 7:15 and I haven't even tried to WILD!! So I think "Damn, well I'll just go to sleep now, I'll try tomorrow". I clear my mind and all I'm trying to do is fall asleep, then BAM SLEEP PARALYSIS SETS IN!

I didn't have any hallucinations, just the traditional feeling of "going into another dimension, spinning around, feeling dragged towards a light", that's pretty much how I have felt SP the last 3 times, and I gotta say I LOVE IT. Then, I somehow know I'm in my dream bed, so I stand up and do a reality check, yup I'm dreaming. The dream was very blurry and I tried to stabilize, and for some reason I thought the best way to do this was to go to the computer into dreamviews, which I did xD. I closed my eyes to try and stabilize, but then I couldn't open them! It was so frustrating. I had a false awakening in which I had peed my bed , and I got up, changed my cloth and the covers, and went back to bed. I woke up one hour later (half an hour ago), and what do you know? I have the same cloth I had when I went to bed, same covers, and they don't have pee all over them (SO, now it's obvious it was a false awakening, wait, unless THIS IS A FALSE AWAKENING *reality check*, nvm this is real life)

OK, so to sum it up: the 3 times I've been successful at WILDing, I have actually just intended to fall sleep, after being awake for an hour, isn't that kinda ironic?

I think that if I stay awake for half an hour and then try to go to sleep, it might work, just so I don't have to stay awake for a whole hour. I'll try this tomorrow =D!
      Spoiler for Goals:

Day 7:

I went to bed about midnight. I woke up naturely at 3:07 am which was pretty good because i wanted to wake up at 3 am. But i fell asleep. I woke up again at 4:30 am, but from a nightmare. I guess you could still call that natural. But i fell asleep again. Fail again.

Succeesful nights: 1 out of 7

Texas
      Day 9:

I woke up at around 5am, i then attempted to wild, but feel asleep.

Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by AndresLD View Post
      ooh yeah we definitely have time to improve, and I think motivation also helps us ;P.

SUCCESSFUL

Day 8:

Woke up at 6:00 AM. Stayed in bed, but went on my Ipod and looked at dreamviews for about 5 minutes. Turned off my Ipod and tried the CCILD, I created my dream guide and had a conversation in my head with her. (Also I imagined how I wanted my next Lucid dream to be). Then I started thinking about random stuff. Next thing I know it's 7:15 and I haven't even tried to WILD!! So I think "Damn, well I'll just go to sleep now, I'll try tomorrow". I clear my mind and all I'm trying to do is fall asleep, then BAM SLEEP PARALYSIS SETS IN!

I didn't have any hallucinations, just the traditional feeling of "going into another dimension, spinning around, feeling dragged towards a light", that's pretty much how I have felt SP the last 3 times, and I gotta say I LOVE IT. Then, I somehow know I'm in my dream bed, so I stand up and do a reality check, yup I'm dreaming. The dream was very blurry and I tried to stabilize, and for some reason I thought the best way to do this was to go to the computer into dreamviews, which I did xD. I closed my eyes to try and stabilize, but then I couldn't open them! It was so frustrating. I had a false awakening in which I had peed my bed , and I got up, changed my cloth and the covers, and went back to bed. I woke up one hour later (half an hour ago), and what do you know? I have the same cloth I had when I went to bed, same covers, and they don't have pee all over them (SO, now it's obvious it was a false awakening, wait, unless THIS IS A FALSE AWAKENING *reality check*, nvm this is real life)

OK, so to sum it up: the 3 times I've been successful at WILDing, I have actually just intended to fall sleep, after being awake for an hour, isn't that kinda ironic?

I think that if I stay awake for half an hour and then try to go to sleep, it might work, just so I don't have to stay awake for a whole hour. I'll try this tomorrow =D!
      Hey Andres, so what you think is working for you is to:
      Wake up
      Think about LD for 30 minutes
      Clear mind
      Go back to sleep
      and SP will set in???

vapaa
      this is a pretty cool idea i know im a little late, but hell i think i will jump in on the fun. with school and work in i might not be able to try every single night, but we will see. i will record the following things.

bed time:
      WBTB wake time:
      WBTB length: (and notes)
      WILD attempt start: (and notes)
      Length of LD: (if successful)
      Quality of LD: (if successful)
      Wake time:

lets do this
      Total lucid dreams=88
      LD goal: Master WILD
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x156/freefire_2007/mee-1.jpg
      ^me

spam link removed
      ^that site is a great way to make extra cash.

XeL
      LD Count
      130+
      Japan
      Maybe people should start posting in their own DJ's and leave room here for the original topic creator?
      ~XeL's DJ~
      ~Adopted by Cygnus~

can i join? im new and nevr had a full ld... pleaase?
      record 50 dreams [ ]
      lucid dream [X]
      notice helath benefits from sleep [ ]
      find myself [ ]
      get a good sleep schedule [X]
      record 3 dreams in one night [ ]
      meet a DC [X]

Texas
      Quote Originally Posted by XeL View Post
      Maybe people should start posting in their own DJ's and leave room here for the original topic creator?
      I want people to post on here, this is kind of like a group project now. And we are helping each other stay motivated.

Texas
      Quote Originally Posted by ellwilll View Post
      can i join? im new and nevr had a full ld... pleaase?
      yea absolutely

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries

Day 3 of 90 for Clyde.

@Xel Well, I think edge0125 wanted us to contribute and participate, in this topic to boot. *points at first post* I see what you're saying, but I think in order to keep track of the 90 Day project and still have it feel like a project for everyone, we'd have to have a place to congregate and report our results. And, there isn't a board for it, so.... Here's my results, continuing as usual!

Day 3: 1.26.10 - 1.27.10
      Before: 5 1/2 hours sleep. A little tired feeling, but ready for WILD. Intending to WBTB for 15-20 minutes.
      After: Stayed up through SP well, but couldn't get to sleep for some reason. Was using earplugs, kept me focused internally. SP wasn't very strong either, whole experience was about 1 hour long. Not sure if I was too awake or what.

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by XeL View Post
      Then how would anyone critique or help others who are hacing trouble to WILD. Like OP said, it's a group project.

Day 8: Unsuccessful

Was busy doing homework and slept late (12:00). Can't remember any dreams either. Today however I will sleep at 10:00 as usual, and try to get my dream recall back before I fall under a dry spell again.

Lucid Moments: 2 Lucid Dreams: 1

Lucid Goals: [X] Get my first LD [ ] Be a superhero [ ] Jump into a comic book [] Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by speedoman View Post
      Hey Andres, so what you think is working for you is to:
      Wake up
      Think about LD for 30 minutes
      Clear mind
      Go back to sleep
      and SP will set in???
      Exactly, wake up about 5 hours into your sleep, make yourself awake enough so you won't fall asleep again unless you intend to, think about anything you want though, it can be about your day, your plans for the next day, how you want your next lucid dream to be, ANYTHING. Then after half an hour (well I've only done it after 1 hour, but I hope it works after 30 minutes), just get in a comfortable position and clear your mind, try to fall asleep. You don't even need to stay motionless, just try to fall asleep. The three times I've done this, SP has settled in, and eventually the dream starts (for me, it starts with me in my bed)
      Spoiler for Goals:

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by edge0125 View Post
      I want people to post on here, this is kind of like a group project now. And we are helping each other stay motivated.
      I'm glad it doesn't bother you that we post here , motivation is actually great!
      Spoiler for Goals:

Texas
      Day 10:

Semi-Successful

I think i was very close once again.
      I woke up at around 5am, i didn't get out of bed, i just laid there. Then like 5mins later i start hearing people talking outside (hypnagogic sounds), immidiately after that i got this really weird feeling all over my body. I was still very conscious, but everything was still dark; so then i did what Seekers WILD Guide said to do, i kept saying "I'am dreaming, iam dreaming." hoping that a dream scene would eventually start forming. Somehow i feel asleep, i woke up later and remembered a really vivid dream.

I feel like im getting closer and closer every day.

Reverie land
      It sure does sound like it. You're making progress. Kudos.

Maybe next time try counting your breaths so you stay awake. You're so damn close, you just gotta keep with it and you'll get a good WILD.
      Lucid Dreams: 22 (many more recently, I've stopped counting) (DILD: 20 --- DEILD: 2)

This is a fact: Anything and everything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by edge0125 View Post
      Day 10:

Semi-Successful

I think i was very close once again.
      I woke up at around 5am, i didn't get out of bed, i just laid there. Then like 5mins later i start hearing people talking outside (hypnagogic sounds), immidiately after that i got this really weird feeling all over my body. I was still very conscious, but everything was still dark; so then i did what Seekers WILD Guide said to do, i kept saying "I'am dreaming, iam dreaming." hoping that a dream scene would eventually start forming. Somehow i feel asleep, i woke up later and remembered a really vivid dream.

I feel like im getting closer and closer every day.
      Keep it up! I've only ever gotten close, but it hasn't gotten me down - it's just shown me that WILDing is indeed different for everyone.

I have an idea: I think what I might start doing, and others might want to do also, is post an aggregate log every 7 days of our experiences. This way, we'll still be able to see each others' progress and can provide comments and encouragement on it, and the topic won't be so clogged after, say, one month of everyone doing the project - which'll make it easier to read. We can still post in between these logs about special successes or interesting shortcomings (NOT FAILURES, you don't FAIL at a WILD, you just come up short of your goal!) if we would like to share them before you're ready for another log.

Who's on-board with that idea? No requirement, I just think we could all benefit from a little organization and neatness.

Day 8:

I failed again. Went to bed about midnight. I had the same problem i had yesterday; i had another nightmare. I seem to be getting back into an everynight cycle of nightmares again. Which for me, makes WILDing harder to do. Yesterday it was a ghost, last night it was the devil after me! Then when i wake up, i have the feeling that something is watching me or is in the room with me. It's feeling that is hard to shake. But if i'm going to WILD, i'm going to have to get over it. Maybe next time.

Successful nights: 1 out of 8

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Day 9:

Woke up at 6:00 AM, but didn't get out of bed, in less than 5 minutes I fell asleep.

Tomorrow morning: get out of bed
      Spoiler for Goals:

Canada
      Day 3

I went to bed at 11. I prayed as I always do, then started listening to binaural beats (Im giving it a shot) with a frequency of 4.8 Hz for about 10 min. After that I took my headphones off, and started concentrating on my breath, but i fell asleep.

I had set my alarm to went off at 5, but i didnt hear it (the volume wasnt loud enought to wake me up)

I do remember 2 vivid dreams.

Tonight I need to set my alarm louder, and try harder in not falling asleep while paying attention to my breath.

0 lucids out of 3 nights

Retired Post Whore-73PPD jarrhead's Avatar
      LD Count
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      DJ Entries
      Day X (no idea what day)

Woke up remembering about a dream where my friend would take index cards from people and do whatever they wished; like Make A Wish Foundation, but costs money and is for anybody. Huge riots. Computers Teacher teaching REM, as well as said friend.

Later had dreams about zombies and Zelda. No lucids.

Here's my dreams that came after a WILD 2 nights ago (Idk if it's WILD or DILD, considering how much after waking)

Mutual Dreaming "Physics" (New DG?) (WILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

This is four dreams compressed into one DJ entry. They all seem to go together Lucid counter as a blank dream in my DJ, so not to mess up the stats. Not WILD by my alarm, just by waking up in the night, checking my clock and saying "hmm, I have two hours left in my REM Cycle!" (I have no idea where I reached this conclusion, but it was obviously about right!)

False Awakening in my room. Checked my hands.
      I never do RCs on waking, only on false awakenings. Just that presence I guess. I had six fingers on one hand. Took me about 5 seconds cause it seemed normal but I had an urge to look back to my right hand.

My vision was blurry so I yelled "STABLIZE STABLIZE STABLIZE!" without missing beats between each. It was like a freakin earthquake. Hold down F11 on your internet browser as you're reading this. That's what my room looked like. Got an adrenaline rush of fear and had a false awakening.
      "Shit, I woke up. Gotta go back!" Then did a reality check. (it is so painfully obvious I don't RC when I wake up, only on false awakenings.) Got out of bed. I yelled "Go to Pandora!" Nothing happened. "Go to Pandora!" again nothing happened. "DAMMIT TAKE ME TO PANDORA!!" I said falling against my bed. I closed my eyes and visualized it while saying and I just got a little frustrated. I then went to my window and tried to walk through. I never can, I always just run into the window. So I thought of ways to do it it. I opened the window and saw the bug screen. I thought "my mom is gonna kill me for taking this screen out. But i'm dreaming. But I can't make that jump!" Ashley appeared out of nowhere and told me "just crawl out and hang from the gutter. It's a small jump.

My room is on the right of the house. Below me is another window and a bunch of prickly bushes. Same with the other window in my bedroom. My house is built with 8 windows evenly laid out across the front. 4 on each side, two top two bottom, aligned in a square. In the middle is my bathroom. The window goes out to the roof of the porch. Gutters run across.

I looked out the window and the bathroom was on my right (mirror image) with gutters across the porch roof. There was a thick blanket of snow. It snows here about once every two or three years with only about an inch. So it was nice. I popped out the screen, hung out of the window, moved over to the gutter by the porch and hung. Then dropped off so it was like an 8 foot drop (I wonder why I did this. I can take about 30 feet, doing parkour and all. Oh yeah, bushes.)
      Spoiler for stretch:

My house in snow years ago. Notice no gutters above the porch

I just started running in the snow..

----

Something was up with my hands. I don't remember, but i'm sure it was additional fingers. I got out of my bed and went straight to a large open grass field with a white picket fence in the middle. Woods in the distance. I started running. Ashley was in front of me. I was running where my hands would grab the grass (like grip it..) and pull me was my feet pushed off and wrapped in front, like a cheetah would run. (And damn were we running fast.) I said "Hey, you like my 4-legged run?) and she's like "yeah!" The grass seemed to carry my weight as I pulled.

We stopped at a guy who's out in the middle of the field. The only person in sight, during the night. Wearing overalls, obviously a farmer. He had a wheelbarrow made out of 2x4s nailed together. I said "there's all kinds of glitches in that wood." He replied "i know.."

------------

By the window I tried to teleport with earlier. . I was thinking about how to ask Ashley if she had any dreams the last two nights.

Random Transition

We were sitting on a couch. Me, Devin, Ashley. Me middle, Ashley right, Devin to my left. I was like "Ashley, did you have any dreams the past two nights?"

She said "Yeah. Last night I dreamed about running through a grass field."

"Holy crap.." I responded.. She knew it too.

"What about two nights ago?" I asked.

"Helping you get out of your house in the snow.."

"Oh shit.." I mumbled.

"Yeah I know. Physics scare me" (Referring to shared dreaming. She thought I replied saying "dang, that wasn't a shared dream")

"No, I dreamed that too.."

"Oh god!"

---------------

At school. Pretty similar just a different hallway layout. Went into my art room, lights were out. There's Ashley again (Now writing this I wtf. If she reads this she'll flip haha and It's really weird. New DG?) sitting with Alex and Genesis. Small bulletin board (about 2'x2') with tons of papers. One layer on top which has the facebook requests/alerts layout. It was altered text but I don't remember exactly what. Teacher says "Hold on a sec let me write you a pass." and she writes me a pass then walks me down (eh?) to where I was called to. It was the auxilary gym from middle school. Tile floor. No mats. There were about 200 people circled around the room and a big black guy with dreds named Fralin. They called me to wrestle. I'm a scrawny 119/121 (or was it 117/119? w/2 pound allowance?) weight class and I've been known to beat 150s in practice. They have me wrestle this dude. So we're wrestling and he has me almost on my back. But on the ground. I try all these manuevers, then finally hook my foot around his ankle and swing around. Get behind him. He picks me up and slams me. Hard. Definitely illegal. Kinda hurt. I remember thinking "Oh shit!" as I watched myself fall. Same think again. I hooked around. Grabbed control. Got in cowcatcher position and then he rolled over to try and tuck. I didn't let him catch my elbow. I kept trying to get him in a head arm. Eventually did. It was sweet. I beat him.

"Hey Fralin!" I said.

"yeah?"

"How much you weigh?"

"300."

I got a card which resembled a drivers license with my picture and everything for winning. No idea of what it was about though. Got back to class and I was eager to show Alex. He always picks on me and hits me to toughen me up cause i was a little pussy and took everyone's crap. It deifnitely worked. I was about to show him then my vision blurred.
      I turned to Genesis, pointed, said "Hold on a sec!" and looked at my hands, th inking it might be a dream. Sure enough, I had 8 fingers! LOL.

Mom woke me up less than a second later there.

I had about twelve or so False Awakenings scattered all around here.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast