• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      b12
      Verily I Vouch the Verity Achievements:
      1 year registered Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries

Arrow Don't Forget Your Vitamin <>

<> My Green Sky <>

<>

Welcome to the wonderful world inside my head, where skies are green. I will let you into each dream of mine, no matter how weird, sick, or twisted. Good to say that my dreams aren't usually sick or twisted, though! Each time i have a dream, i will post it here, with dream signs, interpertations, and whatever i feel is necessary at the time.

<>

Dream Signs will be underlined
      Reality checks will be italicized
      Lucidity will be in blue!

<>

CONTROLLED DREAMS:
      The First Experience
      Laser Balls
      The Forest

GOALS:
      [X] To achieve Dream Control
      [X] To have a WILD
      [_] To perform heart surgery
      [_] To Fly
      [_] To play my guitar in front of 1,000,000 people
      [_] To fly an airplane
      [_] To meet and argue with Socrates over a drink and a cigarette
      [_] To successfully smoke a cigarette
      [_] To find the Pick of Destiny
      [_] To fight Darth Vader with a lightsaber
      [_] To fight in a dream war
      [_] Task one of December: Ask my Dream Name
      [_] Advanced Task of December: Change scenery into Winter

TASKS OF THE MONTH COMPLETED:
      [X] November: Change into the Opposite Sex
      Last edited by b12; 03-11-2010 at 04:02 AM.

b12
      1 year registered Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries

Dream or no dream?

I took a nap after class today, and had an interesting experience -- still no conscious dream control yet!

I laid on my back, expecting a nap and a quick dream, which hopefully i could practice dream control.

The Cigarette Box
      Not being able to sleep, i opened my eyes and sat on my bed. I reached for a cigarette, in which i realized my pack of cigarettes was full -- strange; i had already went through half the pack. I lit my cigarette and proceeded to smoke it. Unfortunately, no smoke came out of my mouth. I re-lit the cigarette, but still no luck. It was at this time my roommate came in, in which he asked me for a cigarette. When i reached for my pack and opened it, i saw that half the cigarettes were gone! At this time i knew i was dreaming, but i got excited and started to float backwards, through my bed, through my wall, and then everything got hazy, like a white smoke surrounding my eyes. I woke up feeling vibrations in my body. Crappy, right?!

Interpertation:
      I have no idea what was up with this one. I'm guessing that i didn't think i would have a lucid dream since i was taking a short nap, but hey -- i had one!

The cigarettes were interesting. Definately a dream sign. I had half a pack of cigarettes, and yet in my dream i had a full pack. Realizing that was strange and that i had already smoked my pack, i must have passively exerted control on my dream which changed the pack back to what i remembered! Still not good enough for dream control, though
      Last edited by b12; 11-08-2007 at 11:27 PM.

The Original VDJ on DV (01/06/2008)

DJ Entries
      Does that count as achieving your dream goal of smoking a cigarette? (nice goal by the way) Maybe not since there was no smoke.

It's always interesting to read about people experiencing vibrations associated with lucid dreaming. I've yet to have that happen to me.

And I love the Tardis avatar. So long to wait until the new season. At least the Christmas episode isn't too far away.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      Unfortunately, it doesn't count as my goal -- i added it on after i couldn't smoke a cig! Lol.

I've experienced vibrations quite a few times. Usually when i wake up after a lucid dream. Once when i tried WILDing, i got intense vibrations and reached SP, but then gave up unfortunately. And then once i woke up without remembering a dream at all and had these intense vibrations! I like the feeling; i hope you get it soon!

And yup, i thought that avatar would be semi-appropriate for this site

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

I'm an ex smoker, and I often dream of smoking. Lately I've been getting a lot of smoking dreams. I wish I could recognize them as a dreamsign! good job on that.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      You CAN recognize them as a dreamsign! I mean, you quit smoking -- so why would you be smoking? Wouldn't that be strange? Whoosh -- lucid dream!

I'm excited. Pretty soon i will be going to bed, and trying a WILD. I've been mentally preparing myself all day -- "I will have a lucid dream tonight; i will be able to control my lucid dream; i will remember my dream when i wake up!"

Hopefully tomorrow brings a new and exciting dream
      Last edited by b12; 11-08-2007 at 11:27 PM.

What Makes You Tick? Achievements:
      1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      England
      hello!

nice one on that dream, its intresting how you floated back through the walls, I have always had problems doing that.

Im looking forward to reading more of your dreams

I like the list of dream goals thats a good Idea and also like the cusp said the Tardis pic is great
      Lucid Count So Far for 2008
      WILD = 2

DILD = 27
      Total lucid dreams for 2007 = 40

Check out my dreams in the link below and any feed back is more then welcome

My Dream Journal
      My Artwork

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      Hello, and thanks! Now, onto my Lucid Dream from last night...

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      The Boobs

Last night, i tried to perform a WILD. All day i thought to myself, "Tonight i will have a lucid dream." Every time i said that, i'd rub my hands, look at them, and then try to stick my finger into my palm. Needless to say, i wasn't dreaming

One small problem with my WILD -- i did not practice it with the WBTB method; i tried with no prior sleep. In bed, i shut off all sounds that would distract me, and closed my eyes...

Surprisingly soon, my body sent signals to my brain that i was uncomfortable. Then my foot started itching. I ignored these; right when i thought i was going to avoid them, vibrations kicked in fast! So i started counting: 1 - i am dreaming, 2 - i am dreaming, all the way up to 60, and then i repeated. I started seeing strange clouds forming all over the back of my eyelids, and strange scenes forming in the back of my mind's eye.

I was awoken by a phone call. I thought to myself, "crap -- i must have fallen asleep, no lucid dream!" It was my girlfriend on the phone, she wanted to say good night. I wasn't tired anymore, so i went downstairs, and some of my fraternity brothers were playing pool. I walked in on one of my brothers saying, "Man, if i had boobs, i'd play with them all day!" So wait -- a guy thinking about being a girl. That was strange to me. I went to turn on the TV, but the TV wouldn't turn on.

Boobs...TV...i felt strange; suddenly it all CLICKED! I was dreaming! So i walked over to my fraternity brother to test it out -- i wanted to punch him in the stomach and see what he'd do -- but he was getting further away each step i took. Everything got fuzzy and bright, like i was watching TV and turned up the contrast. I started floating backwards, through the couches, into the wall, and woke up again feeling vibrations. I looked at my hands, five fingers -- no false awakening. I went back to sleep and didn't remember any other dreams.

INTERPERTATION:
      Well the first thing that comes up was that when my brother said the line about the boob playing, it was essentially my subconscious telling me to complete the advanced task of the month. My subconscious also obviously told me that if i had boobs, i'd play with them all day

The TV not turning on was mechanical failure -- a common dream sign.

One problem i seem to have is that during a dream i can't or don't remember to do a reality check. Does anyone else experience this? I do them in real life, but for some reason NEVER in dreams!

Also, floating backwards seems to be a common way for me to experience waking back up, uncontrolled.

Any goals accomplished? Not dream control -- when i realized i was dreaming, i woke up too soon to do anything. I don't know if i had a WILD either -- can anyone help me out on this? I mean, i tried to have a WILD, so i guess i'm going to consider it...but i may just have fallen asleep and had a LD anyway.
      Last edited by b12; 11-08-2007 at 11:34 PM.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by b12 View Post
      One problem i seem to have is that during a dream i can't or don't remember to do a reality check. Does anyone else experience this? I do them in real life, but for some reason NEVER in dreams!
      I get that as well. I always come up with a "rational" explanation that is anything but, when things don't make sense in my dreams. I don't think I've ever done a reality check in my dreams.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      I tried to WILD tonight, but i passed out. I didn't even remember any dreams! Upsetting

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      I drank quite a bit last night, so no dreams! I stayed at the girlfriend's place, and she told me i had quite the interesting conversation with her when i was asleep:

Me: "I got you into that Bio class."
      Girl: "What?"
      Me: "I talked to the professor, pulled some strings and got you in"
      Girl: "What are you talking about? I'm not even a bio major!"
      Me: "From before, when you used to be a bio major"

...She was never a bio major. lol.

I do love how open me and my roommate are, though. He was all alone in the room last night, so when i came back:

Me: "So how many times did you jack off, like 8?"
      RM: "Nah, only two."

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      I took a nap today, and had the strangest dream ever...

I was not lucid; it was just a normal dream. Pretty fuzzy, until towards the end with the shooting sword (you'll see what i mean). Around there it became pretty vivid, and then i woke up :\

The Hobots
      I was part of some community in which normal people and these gigantic, half-human half-robot people lived. I had a daughter, and she was "sick" or something, so i had to "fuse the evil out of her" -- don't ask me. lol. I went back to my highschool and started to talk to my old friends about it. Then i was suddenly back in the community, in this big chamber with a bridge and water underneath it. My "daughter" was inside a chamber, and i could walk to the other side of the bridge and open up some machine and see her face and talk to her. All of the sudden something strange happened with the chamber, and these evil half-human half-robot things came out. These guys looked like cartoon-ish transformers. Well, a HUGE battle ensued in which the evil vs. the good human/robot people fought.

One of the good guys was struck down, and fell into the lake. I ran down to check it out, and my "daughter" was down there. He was dead but i took his sword. The evil guys advanced on me, and i took his gigantic, blue and white sword. My daughter told me to shoot them -- i found a button on the side of the sword and started to shoot these very weak blue laser things at them. I scared off a few, but this female human/robot kept advancing. She had quite the ass, i must say

This is where it gets really weird

I couldn't kill the evil female human/robot. My daughter then shouted out "use your chlamydia!"

I turned around and ran, and the female human/robot was standing on the steps to the bridge. It gets fuzzy here, but i believe this is where we proceeded to have sex, and then she died from the chlamydia i gave her.

INTERPERTATION:
      Honestly, i have not the slightest idea. I must say, i DO NOT have chlamydia! lol.

Yeah, i don't know. I can't even begin to wonder why i had a dream this strange. I do believe i started to get semi-lucid when i picked up the sword, maybe that's why it became more vivid and it's the part i remember the most.

Any help? lol.
      Last edited by b12; 11-12-2007 at 02:40 AM.

London
      I had a wierd one like your ciggarette one =] I had a half empty ten deck of Richmond's and when I went to reach for them in my dream and realised there was none in there, I then blinked and it was full. When I went to light one, it started to scream =S I was so startled I woke up xD
      SamWise
      *Does RC...* W00t, I'm lucid

My DJ =]
      Total LDs (since joining DV) = 0
      --------------
      DILDs=0 WILDs=0 FILDs=0 MILDs=0 WBTBs=0 CATs=0
      OILDs=0 VILDs=0 CDFILDs=0 [Started 11th-Nov-2k7]

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV

You CAN recognize them as a dreamsign! I mean, you quit smoking -- so why would you be smoking? Wouldn't that be strange? Whoosh -- lucid dream!
      Easier said thsn done! I hope it will work that way one of these times.
      A lot of times when I think about it. I just think that I had started smoking again. I feel shitty that I started up again, but I keep smoking anyway.

One problem i seem to have is that during a dream i can't or don't remember to do a reality check. Does anyone else experience this?
      How long have you been doing them? I used to never do the normal kind of reality checks. I just watched for dreamsigns all the time.

Doing the nose reality check is a new thing for me. I've been trying to remember to do it in my dreams since April of this year. And I'm just now starting to make it work. My last two Lucids from this week, are the first ones I can credit to doing a reality check. I think, it took so long for me to learn it because I'm just so used to getting Lucid in other ways. So I had to reprogram myself. But, now I should be getting Lucid both ways.

And I'm so glad that I finally got myself trained to do it. It's such an easy way to confirm that your dreaming, when your in that stage of wondering but not sure. I've had a lot of dreams where I thought it could be a dream then shrugged it off. Hopefully now, that won't happen nearly as often.

Also, you mentioned doing wilds when you first go to sleep. I have better success with doing them at that time too. But, I am only able to enter dream scenes for a few moments before waking up. If you do them in the morning, your more likely to get a good Lucid out of it. but they can be done just about anytime.
      Last edited by Caradon; 11-12-2007 at 05:34 AM.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      I've been doing them for the past couple weeks, i'd like to think i'm used to it!

And yeah, REM isn't that long when you first go to sleep, but i'm sure there's a way to prolong it?

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      I don't remember any dreams from last night. My recall is down the drain!

I was trying to WILD when i was going to sleep, but my roommate and his girlfriend turned on music and decided to start talking over the music. I was RIGHT at sleep paralysis, but they woke me up from all the distractions. And then the bed started shaking. Jeez. lol.

I guess it's payback for my girlfriend and i waking up my roommate yesterday morning...because of the bed shaking

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      No dream recall last night. Recently i've been having trouble with recall.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      Very strange dream tonight. VERY vivid, and yet i had no control. I didn't even realize i was dreaming.

I was listening to BWGen, preset "The Dream Adventure 1.8.2." I started out trying a WILD. After about an hour to an hour and a half, i was extremely uncomfortable and sleep paralysis had not set in. I gave up, turned around, and went to sleep. Later i woke up on my back -- i thought this was strange, since i hadn't went to sleep on my back. I [i]looked at my hands[i], tried to poke a finger through my hand, and then shut my nose and tried to breathe. I wasn't dreaming. So i went back to sleep!

Adultery
      I was at my girlfriend's apartment. This is strange, since she doesn't own an apartment. I was in the bedroom, and she was on the bed. I don't remember the conversation, but i remember the dream being very vivid. A blue bed, the apartment was on the first floor.

She had said something about Charlie, an old friend of mine. I then asked her what she'd done with Charlie, if she had cheated on me with him. She didn't answer, but she gave the supposition that she had. And somehow, an STD came up -- i believe she had it or something. I got mad and left. As i left, somehow she suddenly was in the computer room, crying.

From there, the dream gets hazy, but i remember walking back and talking/saying something to her, and then i woke up.

INTERPRETATION:
      I'm not sure, i need help on this one. I looked up STD in a dream dictionary, and it said i have the feeling of someone betraying me or someone who will betray me. I'm pretty sure the adultery speaks for itself.

This is sad, since i like to think that i trust my girlfriend -- i guess my subconscious doesn't. Hopefully tonight i have a better dream!

[EDIT]
      So i looked up adultery in a dream dictionary. I don't think it was so much i'm afraid of my girlfriend cheating on me -- the dictionary had this to say:

You're feeling jealous about your loved one devoting time or attention to something other than you (work, a hobby, watching TV, using the computer, etc.)—having nothing to do with any actual adultery

I do believe this is true -- i barely see her anymore, literally about two hours a week. She says she's too busy with school. I have more class than her (19 hours of class a week), more homework, a harder major, minor, and concentration (psychology, philosophy, pre-med/neuroscience, respectively)...and yet i always find time to either try to see her or to hang out with my friends/fraternity brothers. I'm just not happy with the fact that she refuses to spend time with me.

So there you go. A look at my personal life
      Last edited by b12; 11-14-2007 at 06:43 PM.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      Wow. I'm going to have to start regulating my roommate.

I was trying Brainwave Mind Voyage last night. I did it twice:

The first time, i got extremely relaxed. No trance yet, but i was relaxed. My roommate and his girlfriend were watching Sopranos and talking and the TV kept flashing.

Second time was GREAT. I fell into trance, and started to see HI. It started working very well, i started seeing shapes, slight scenes, etc...but then the bed started shaking (my roommate is on the top bunk) and my damn roommate went down to get a condom and slammed the drawer. I fell straight out of SP and trance, gave up and went to sleep. No dream recall.

DJ Entries
      Bunkbeds? I'm surprised you get any sleep at all! Especially if he has his girlfriend over.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      Yeahhh...i know what you mean. lol.

I've been drinking quite a bit the past couple days...no dreams

Ah, fraternity life.

What Makes You Tick? Achievements:
      1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      England
      ha ha ha man I can imagine them situations getting a little awkward lol especially since you have bunk beds ha ha

so this brain wave thing is it one of those dream masks? if so is it any good? how much are they etc...do you think its worth trying?
      Lucid Count So Far for 2008
      WILD = 2

DILD = 27
      Total lucid dreams for 2007 = 40

Check out my dreams in the link below and any feed back is more then welcome

My Dream Journal
      My Artwork

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
      so this brain wave thing is it one of those dream masks? if so is it any good? how much are they etc...do you think its worth trying?
      It's just a music file i play on my computer and listen to on my headphones while i sleep. I have the Brainwave Mind Voyages and the Hemi-Sync Lucid Dream DVD.

If you need a copy or something, you can PM me.

It's definately worth trying. I haven't been able to LD with them yet, but that's because i get impatient and give up I must say though, the relaxation they give me is great.

b12
      LD Count
      Good
      US
      DJ Entries
      No recall

I went to my girlfriend's sorority's formal last night. That explains itself

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast