• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summoning

Here is not specifically defined
      EDIT: to rename this ability to calling instead of summoning.

Can any one else here summon someone to your dream?

I've been able to do this for about 10 years.
      I know it works cause the people I ask have had the same or very similar dream as me during the same night.

Summoning sounds negative I don't like that, so I nowrefer to it as calling someone to my dream...thank you.
      Reality is only one moment away form right now is reality. Check... Dream Sign... Engage Lucid Dreaming!

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltho
      http://www.taltho.com
      tlatho.com Coming soon with pic's of me and family.

My experience tells me it does.

While yourself and others where busy learning how to manipulate your dreams I was learning how to exploit the possibility's of dream interaction.

And anything is possible.
      Reality is only one moment away form right now is reality. Check... Dream Sign... Engage Lucid Dreaming!

Haunted by entropy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      When you 'summon' them, where do they appear? I find I can't make ANYthing just appear in front of me. I think its because deep down, I know that it's not right. It's not supposed to happen, you know? I've tried walking around corners, and willing the person to be there... it's usually a young nekkid blue-haired girl... and many times a girl will be there, but it's just not reliable.
      ---o--- my DCs say I'm dreamy.

Um...I think you have something else in mind.

It's merely away to call on someone so you can connect I think everyone does it to some degree or another. Also you must understand I have a very hard time LDing so I don't actually control the dream I just learned how to wake up after I dream it.

Because of this I don't do things to people in dreams that I wouldn't do in RL, such as rape and murder etc.

this is something I am naturally curious of and when I lived in_______ and learned hypnosis I used it to satisfy that curiosity. So from my experience it has a lot to do with hypnosis. I use hypnotic techniques to control what I dream.

I've been doing this for a long time. I've never acted different toward people in dreams than I would in real life. So I feel good about it.

I guess it sort of sounds invasive but it is the dream world. I'm not the only one who does this. I met others in Mexico and from other country's that I learned a little from.

I'm not really sure just how to explain it.

Telephone seems to be more reliable.
      toadie gummi friend

How is it possible if they have similiar dreams? It would actually be believeable if they had exact dreams, because if you summoned them then theyd have the same dream.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ;370561
      How is it possible if they have similiar dreams? It would actually be believeable if they had exact dreams, because if you summoned them then theyd have the same dream.
      [/b]
      It wouldnt be the exact same dream, different people interpret things differently.

For instance my brother and I were discussing a similar reocurring dream we have. At the same place I always see a dragon (actually, it's usually just it's neck and head), my brother always sees a snake. Different, but similar enough to give him a serious case goosebumps. Nothing spectacular there though, I'm pretty sure we just caught a couple of snakes in that area when we were young.

Quote Originally Posted by ;370561
      [/b]
      Well my theory on that is this, when in the same dream environment two different people view hte surrounding differently something like from another angle or something. people don't always have the same perspective of the same experiences in hte wakening world either. One person will swear they saw this and the other that, it happens all the time. One might see hte surroundings as red and the other as brown and another as blue.

Sweden
      So you say that you are an expert in shared dreaming and that you by summoning your projection of your irl friends also bring their spirit into your dream, or something like that?

What an ability, could you explain a bit more how you do?
      Currently practicing WILD. I quote Kaniaz who said it best: "The point of WILD is to piss me off". Though, I have not given up, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BohmaN View Post
      So you say that you are an expert in shared dreaming and that you by summoning your projection of your irl friends also bring their spirit into your dream, or something like that?

What an ability, could you explain a bit more how you do?
      [/b]
      Honestly, even tho I'm a deep thinker and quite intellectually inclined I have some difficulties with communication. I'll dwell on your question awhile and try to communicate this as well as I can. Right now I need to go, so when I get back I will attempt to explain this in a synopsis form for everyone.

USA
      shared dreaming... is bull.

its just not possible guys. if it were, id be able to talk to someone inside their head.

...the brain doesnt have an internet.

so nice try but not possible.
      Lucid Dreams: 22
      DILDs: 15
      WBTB/MILD: 6
      WILDs: 1

1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      I am so sick of people stating things as if they are fact. You say that shared dreaming is not real. ...SOURCE!!!?
      You state this as if some huge scientists have come to some breakthrough.
      Or is this your opinion?
      Or your belief?

Would it be a smash to your ego to have to say, 'It is my belief that...' instead of speaking as if you know everything?

Look, I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I'm just ranting. Don't mind me. I'll forget what I'm talking about in a few minutes.

-Bitchy sloth

LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      No. The burden of proof falls on the convincer.
      If you are going to make a debatable statement as if it is proven fact, you need a source.
      Since this is proven fact, you should be able to provide me with a source, and I will NOT be able to find a different source that contradicts yours.

Otherwise, you're stupid.

Banned
      ʇsǝɹɔpooʍ
      Quote Originally Posted by CloudOne;
      Lucid Dreaming is possible, Shared dreaming is hocus pocus.
      [/b]
      Actually you're wrong here. I've shared dreams before. If you keep doubting that it cannot happen, then guess what? Chances are it will not happen for you.

LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      No no. I'm not offended, and I hope you aren't either.
      And it's not even you, really. I guess it's a pet peeve of mine. I never realized I had it until just the other day.
      I was in a chat, and this guy was trying to tell me how things were. He was trying to convert me to his religion, but he was stating it as 'This is how it is!' and it just got on my nerves really bad. LOL!
      I tried to tell him. I was like, 'You can't state this stuff as fact!' It was some really weird off the wall stuff, by the way. And he just didn't get it! He kept saying, 'I'm just trying to tell you how things really are.'

He was infuriating.

See, that's all.

LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      Quote Originally Posted by Follower;
      You don't have a moral right to ask for a source when such a general opinion is voiced.
      [/b]
      First, he didn't state an opinion. He stated a fact. In fact, the word 'opinion' was not used once in the post in question. When you state a fact, and it is questioned, you have the right to ask for a source. The burden of proof lies with the convincer.

Second, I'm not sure what kind of fury you're talking about. I said in my last post that I wasn't offended. What are you, some kind of crusader? Did you come to save the day? I didn't think it was that big of a deal, really. Personally, I don't really care if I win or lose this dumb issue.

Finally, this issue was pretty much settled already... without you.

Dude, I was done with this. I've already had this conversation with Cloud one and we've laughed about it, and I'm ready to talk about summoning dream characters again. If you want to continue your crusade, whether I'm right or wrong, feel free. You certainly have a right to do so. In fact, who am I to tell you what you do or do not have a moral right to do? That would be ludicrous. Ha. But if you do continue your crusade, I will think it is funny, and laugh heartily, the entire time.

-lol! sloth LOL!!

I fully agree with hellopotato on this. It's really impossible to share your mind with someone else.
      [/b]
      I guess shared dreaming could be sharing the mind...hum...
      How do you know it's impossible to share the mind? Does your reality force you to believe that? What about the cosmic connection we all share? there is such a thing as geometric phenomenalism and the consciousness. Basically we don't know what we think we know and we don't know what we don't conceive of. This does not mean it does not exist as much as it suggests we don't know what we don't want to believe in.

Expand your conceptions.

Then why did you want to lead that kind of experiment? I'm talking about your shared dreaming experiment. To prove that it works to who? To the community at large?
      If you can just summon someone, I can't understand why you were talking about cooperation, about a place we should imagine, about transportation, about all the details that were the way to hard to come to an agreement about, while all your needed to do was just summon someone to your dream without even their cooperation?

Sorry if that sounded harsh, my mood is a little spoiled now and I'm afraid it has influenced this post
      [/b]
      I'm always looking to learn more, and to come to understand better what I think I already know. What i was attempting to do in that experiment was something a little different than summoning/calling someone to the dream. my current knowledge into calling someone to my dream lies in the realm of talking to people that think dreams are nothing but bullshit anyway. I know cause I've got some of them to tell me their dreams, this for me is personal proof, or self discovered truth. Theres no way to really relate that ot anyone else. So to me ashared dream would in essence be a shared experience rather than a singular one. Does that make sense?...I hope it does.

LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      ...What?

Why I think I can call someone to my dream.

first due to the complexity's of this personal experience, I must add that this may not come across right. In which case I'll edit this post.

I get in my mind a pitcher of the person and believe in a scenario. I spend allot of thought energy on this scenario with the specific person in mind. I reaffirm the positive affirmations in my mind. I do this for a day or two. Then each night before I go to sleep I repeat the name, not to myself only, but to the actual person as well, and my connection to infinity, I repeat the name over and over until I fall asleep. As soon as I have the dream I wake up. I slowly over the course of years developed this ability and it naturally evolved through my belief/natural propensity toward it...I guess.

I just found out today that a cousin of mine has a similar notion/experience, YES I now have someone to experiment with. they're very busy right now and don't want to join DV's yet but they will.

some people say that in their dream, they can "link" with someone over..i dunno brain waves or something and they can be in the same dream together and both wake up and know what they said to the other person. i completly reject this idea (dont get p*ssed at me for saying so) but yea thats rediculus
      We all live and die, but most of us die without living.

"There is no spoon!"

Lucid dreams: 2
      WILD: .9
      Awaking to find your still asleep: priceless

AIM: Stonehenge360

<div align="right">Adopted by Hellopotato</div>

LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      OH&#33;

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehenge View Post
      some people say that in their dream, they can "link" with someone over..i dunno brain waves or something and they can be in the same dream together and both wake up and know what they said to the other person. i completly reject this idea (dont get p*ssed at me for saying so) but yea thats rediculus
      [/b]
      Yes&#33; Thank you&#33; You completely reject this idea&#33; That is a perfectly valid statement, and is justifiable. The fact that you completely reject this idea is a much more educated statement than if you had said something like, &#39;Duuh. Sharing dreams is stupid."

I completely respect your belief. Or in this case, disbelief. Thank you for your helpful contribution to this thread.

[/b]
      I&#39;m not pissed, that would be stupid. I don&#39;t care if you know what I know or not.

Do you have any idea how many people said similar things about being able to fly?

Flying is ridiculous and a wast of time. Your a fool to try such folly.

Religious leaders condemned flight by saying That if God wanted us to fly he would have given us wings. It&#39;s a good thing religious leaders aren&#39;t in control of America. now most religious leaders own a plane...Hypocrites. And you are not in control of the dream world.

Personally I think you have some fear of this ability.

OH&#33;
      Yes&#33; Thank you&#33; You completely reject this idea&#33; That is a perfectly valid statement, and is justifiable. The fact that you completely reject this idea is a much more educated statement than if you had said something like, &#39;Duuh. Sharing dreams is stupid."

I completely respect your belief. Or in this case, disbelief. Thank you for your helpful contribution to this thread.
      [/b]
      I also think you have some fear of this ability sloth.

LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      Quote Originally Posted by taltho View Post

I also think you have some fear of this ability sloth.
      [/b]

Just because I respect his disbelief in this ability, doesn&#39;t mean that I fear it.

Not only do I respect his disbelief in the ability, but I also respect your belief in it.

In fact, Taltho, I completely believe that sharing dreams is possible, and not only have I attempted it in the past, but I have planned to attempt it more in the future. Especially after I can find a girl who&#39;s soul I can truly see. lol

HA&#33; Take that, Taltho&#33;&#33;

Look, I was going to thank you for sharing, because this is something I have wanted to do, and your posts have helped enlighten me. I just hadn&#39;t gotten around to doing it.

Soooo... Thank you, sir. Any advice on this subject is helpful to me, because I&#39;ve never had any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
      Just because I respect his disbelief in this ability, doesn&#39;t mean that I fear it.
      Not only do I respect his disbelief in the ability, but I also respect your belief in it.

In fact, Taltho, I completely believe that sharing dreams is possible, and not only have I attempted it in the past, but I have planned to attempt it more in the future. Especially after I can find a girl who&#39;s soul I can truly see. lol

HA&#33; Take that, Taltho&#33;&#33;

Look, I was going to thank you for sharing, because this is something I have wanted to do, and your posts have helped enlighten me. I just hadn&#39;t gotten around to doing it.

Soooo... Thank you, sir. Any advice on this subject is helpful to me, because I&#39;ve never had any luck.
      [/b]
      Well sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Don&#39;t call me sir I hate that, cops make me call them sir. I ant no god damn cop.

How can you see someones soul? thats interesting. I thought it was a projection of them self or something.

LD Count
      20 years worth
      Deep in the woods
      Well, I say that as sort of a metaphor. I basically just mean that I can&#39;t wait until I can get to know a woman so well that I know who she really is. You know... Kind of see her soul. I don&#39;t have anything scientific behind it. lol

I&#39;ve always thought, though, that if it is possible to share dreams, or transmit thoughts to someone else, that just perhaps, our ability to do so is restricted because of targeting. I mean, how would your subconscious mind target the correct person to link with. There are billions of us, and I think names would be useless in such a circumstance, and location and distance could or could not be a factor. I think that just possibly, knowing who someone is, deep down, and knowing everything about them, could help the process along by allowing a more accurate or more reliable way of connecting with that person. I don&#39;t know. It&#39;s just a thought.

-sloth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast