• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

LD Count
      6 WILD 29 DILD
      My Brain and sometimes the Pac-NW

Question I had a dream that I was in SP...ever heard of that??!!

OK so early this morning I was sort of trying to WILD but gave up and went to sleep when suddenly I started to feel really weird. My face started to hurt and tingle and my ears were ringing. I then felt paralyzed but I was aware of it. I opened my eyes slightly and something jumped in front of me and said BOO! THen I looked around and I was all alone and it was dark (in actuallity I was in bed with my boyfriend and it was light out) I then closed my eyes again and felt the same funny feeling but this time I just said to go with it and that I would soon be dreaming. Then I woke up on a couch (false awakening) and finally I woke up for reals in my bed about 7 am with my boyfriend next me. It was really weird!! I was having a SP spell in a dream.... what is that called??? Has anyone ever experienced something like that?

Xox
      cloudless climes
      DJ Entries
      Well it's probably just called dreaming that you are in SP. =P I've had something similar, it feels just like SP only you're in a different place. (Other than your bed)

LD Count
      100+
      Wyoming
      DJ Entries
      I do that too! Usually accompanied by false awakenings and then what seems to be another spell of SP and this can go on three or four cycles until I finally fight myself awake - how weird huh?
      “If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.”
      Jack Handy

Banned
      I actually wonder a lot how many SP experiences (the HH people describe) are actually perceptions induced because they have WILDed without realizing it and are now telling themselves to feel those sensations!
      So yea I would just call that dreaming about SP

Lover of Sleep Paralysis Ryuinfinity's Avatar
      I have that way more than actual SP.

I love DEILD! SP is pwnage!

LD Count
      6 WILD 29 DILD
      Thanks for the responses....

WIERD! It makes you wonder how many people have dreamed a WILD or dreamed SP or even dreamed a lucid..... the mind is a very tricky place!!

LOUISIANA

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dreamingofdreaming View Post
      It was really weird!! I was having a SP spell in a dream....
      Hey whats SP stand for?

Banned

Jesus of DV Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 25000 Hall Points 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Man of Shred</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Lethbridge, alberta
      DJ Entries
      yeah it happens. I made a thread about this very thing ages ago.
      The Best of my dream journal
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x15/LucidSeeker/RanmaSig.jpg
      MoSh: How about you stop trying to define everything, and just accept what you experience, and explore it.
      - From the DJ of Waking Nomad!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      I'm guessing those intergalactic storm cloud monster bugs come out of sacred energy vortex angel gate medicine wheels.

LOUISIANA

o

k

q t pi
      LD Count
      Paraguay
      DJ Entries
      did you get any scary hallucinations?
      if you can read this then you are about to be punched

California USA
      Quote Originally Posted by hellohihello View Post
      I've woken up many times still half dreaming and there is something in my room. It used to scare the crap out of me. Now I know what it is.

One time a pirate captain was standing next to my bed holding a silver plate in his hand with a skull on it. It was so real, but I was paralyzed and couldn't move. I just stared into his eyes. Even though it was dark there was some light in the room so I could see him pretty clearly. Then he slowly vanished and my body was tingly and slow to move. I'm sure I was in SP w/ some dream residue or hallucinations.
      "They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"
      ~Waking Life

Quote Originally Posted by bsurfer2d3 View Post
      I've woken up many times still half dreaming and there is something in my room. It used to scare the crap out of me. Now I know what it is.

One time a pirate captain was standing next to my bed holding a silver plate in his hand with a skull on it. It was so real, but I was paralyzed and couldn't move. I just stared into his eyes. Even though it was dark there was some light in the room so I could see him pretty clearly. Then he slowly vanished and my body was tingly and slow to move. I'm sure I was in SP w/ some dream residue or hallucinations.
      It's Captain jack Sparrow!

LD Count
      6 WILD 29 DILD
      Quote Originally Posted by hellohihello View Post
      Yes, in the dream I was having about SP my mind was thinking "oh I'm in SP, I'll probably see something scary" and sure enough I "opened" my eyes slightly and something dark yelled out BOO! (kinda funny after I thought about it)

I've had real spells of SP in the mornings for years and never have I seen anything scary, I just hate the feeling.

I have just started learning about lucid dreaming although I have had some DILD's in the past before I even knew what they were.......lots of fun when you can do whatever you want without repurcussions. Anyway back to the topic, as far as I'm aware when you go into sleep paralysis you are always in a dream state you just may be aware that you are. I had an episode of sp just last night. For me I see/sensed a ghost and it's hard to explain but it's like my brain and body i guess just suddenly freezes. I realised what was happening and I tried to relax but seemed to lose it and woke up.

This episode however brought back memories of similar experiences I have had in the past that I just put down to weird dreams/nightmares. It has always been the same thing, I see or sense a ghost like presence and feel paralyzed. Looking back I think it was my dream body that seem to be affected rather than my real body but my memory is a bit hazy as I never really paid to much attention to them until now. Just my 2 cents worth