• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: dream habitat

stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      lots
      CA

dream habitat

i'm sure all of you know what a dream sign is and have possibly identified some of your own. i've been doing something based on this idea to become lucid - for me it's been much more reliable than RCs. nothing really new.. or original.. but take a look...

there is a location we can associate with many of our dreams, which is a recurring theme - something that our dreaming attention periodically returns to, like a home base.

i'm calling this a dream habitat

let me give you my example - here's some background...

in my first LD i was stuck in a jacuzzi with the top closed shut and i discovered that i could breathe underwater. i then moved into an ocean full of living things and swam through it while breathing regularly.

i grew up very close to the pacific ocean and went to the beach a lot. in one of my most vivid LDs i suddenly found myself floating off the shore of one of my favorite beaches. i was very aware right from the beginning and it gave me a great feeling to be mentally back at that location.

many of my dreams involve a body of water - sometimes a lake or a pool, and sometimes even a room filled with water.

several times during the day, and most importantly before bed, i look at an image of a body of water or visualize such a place (the background on my laptop is a picture i took of a beach in oahu, so this is the last thing i see before sleep). i repeat to myself "in my dreams i will go to a place next to the water. i will realize i'm dreaming and i will look at my hands to stabilize." i resolve to do this and i see myself becoming lucid.

your dream habitat should be a place you actually would want to go to. so in this sense it isn't necessarily a dream sign because you choose to go there, but in either case your mind is drawn to it. over time the location should become increasingly associated with lucidity. wooohoo!
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      I always want to go to a grassy field with flowers (not in a gay type of way, the flowers spread so it more natural then the "cover with flowers" kind of image), and there a single tree with a good amount of shade. The sky is cover with clouds so the sun is never too bright but it a warm day.

I think I want to dream of this place as I always seem to be stuck somewhere in life and just want to be free for the day worrying about nothing and just lay in the grass. Is it possible to daydream in a dream? I kinda want to do that.
      Noticed things in my lucid dreams: Not scare of death (kinda forgotten Freddy special power of killing in dreams, opps?) Huge ego which cause me to summon monsters, most DC are useless and don't even speak.

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Here's mine from the outside:

And the inside:

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
      Here's mine from the outside:

Oh my God! I've hid inside that exact thing in the same surroundings in a dream before. The interior was different though.

GOOD WILD's: 4 (Got it down Bitches!)
      GOOD DILD's: 3
      Short LD's: At Least 40

READ ABOUT THE EPIC DREAM!

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=61915

Boston, MA
      DJ Entries
      Mine seems to be my house.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      i have like 4

my grandmas house
      my old high school
      cafeterias in general (idk why)
      and my college
      "La bellezza del paessa di Galilei!"

stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      lots
      CA
      it's good to be specific and identify a theme.

what i said about looking at a picture is just a way to reinforce this. i look at a beach brainflooder video before bed for example, as well as thinking about lucidity when i'm at the beach. most importantly, stick with one phrase and see yourself becoming lucid in that location. this should be your last thought as you're falling asleep.
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Naiya, did you draw that second picture?

I have a dream habitat: The Moon.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoller123 View Post
      Oh my God! I've hid inside that exact thing in the same surroundings in a dream before. The interior was different though.
      Hehe, well this is a picture of the older "desktop theme," if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      Naiya, did you draw that second picture?

I have a dream habitat: The Moon.
      No, I wish I could draw that well! I found it on the internet--it's based on the original interior, but at a different angle than the show usually had so you can see some of the other rooms. The TARDIS has an almost infinite amount of rooms, and I've gotten lost inside it in many LDs!

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
      Hehe, well this is a picture of the older "desktop theme," if you will.

No, I wish I could draw that well! I found it on the internet--it's based on the original interior, but at a different angle than the show usually had so you can see some of the other rooms. The TARDIS has an almost infinite amount of rooms, and I've gotten lost inside it in many LDs!
      What is the TARDIS?
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      What is the TARDIS?

I'm so glad you asked. The TARDIS comes from a British sci-fi show called Doctor Who. The TARDIS itself stands for Time And Relative Dimensions in Space. But in short, it is both a spaceship and time machine, and it is bigger on the inside than the outside.