• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    Like Tree6Likes
    • 3 Post By Verre
    • 2 Post By AstroFlyer
    • 1 Post By cometsincaves

    Thread: lucid dreams end quick because I can feel real physical body

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      2-5 a week
      Posts
      7
      Likes
      2

      lucid dreams end quick because I can feel real physical body

      I saw this recent post about this
      http://www.dreamviews.com/general-lu...ical-body.html
      but thought I'd second it with a new one to see if anyone else has experienced this/has any advice...

      I've been having lucids on and off for years--at the moment maybe a couple a week. My main hurdle right now is dream stabilization, and it seems to have gotten worse lately since I've become acutely aware of the fact that the main thing I'm up against is the impending sensation of my real physical body in bed as soon as I become lucid (so now I additionally mentally sabotage it due to the awareness)

      Has this been a problem for anyone else on an ongoing basis?

      Basically I've become aware of the fact that most of the lucid dreams I've ever had are on a countdown from the moment I become lucid to the moment I feel my physical body in bed and can't hang on anymore. Maybe this is common for many beginning-intermediate dreamers? I'm aware of the main stabilization techniques, and I'm sure I could be better at all of them but I've just become more and more aware of how much from the moment I become lucid I am almost like half awake in my real body so the "dream" actually feels like I'm laying there dreaming it, like I'm not quite all in and it's downhill from there stabilization-wise. Sometimes I've saved it by spinning. Looking at the ground seems to help and the one I haven't remembered to try yet is hand rubbing which sounds like it works well for a lot of peeps so there's that.

      Has anyone had similar experiences and/or luck moving past this?
      Thanks and great to meet you fellow likeminded dreamers here!

      Best,
      Adam

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Verre's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      never enough!
      Location
      west of the moon
      Posts
      338
      Likes
      684
      DJ Entries
      124
      Your expectations have such a profound influence over the dream state that it is easy to get into negative patterns or sabotage your own efforts. For instance, there was a period of time when I was convinced the dream would destabilize if I left my dream-house, so of course that happened very consistently until I managed to get over that thought pattern. If you go into your LDs with the expectation (or worry) that you're going to feel your physical body and it is going to wake you up, then that is bound to happen on a regular basis.

      Changing thought patterns is easier said than done, of course! And trying not to think about something is almost impossible, because you end up thinking about not thinking about it, which is pretty much the same thing. Perhaps a good strategy would be to find something else to try to focus your attention on. If physical sensations are the problem, then maybe try focusing as hard as you can on what you are seeing in the dream. You might try to find a positive affirmation that you can use in the dream as well; anything to substitute positive thought patterns for the negative ones until they stop being such a distraction.

    3. #3
      A man's shadow Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      Hitokage's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      who knows
      Gender
      Location
      Czech Republic
      Posts
      358
      Likes
      175
      Exactly as Verre said, don't focus on "not thinking about your body" but try to accept the dream world as the real one instead. Try to touch the surroundings in the dream world and feel the structure of it to convince your mind that this is not a dream, that feeling of your real body IS a dream! ^^
      This real body sensation ruined my LD attempts many times as well but it's not impossible to overcome that. just calm down and realize what you need to do. Don't get carried away with the body sensation just think of it as a little disturbance that you need to forget and focus more on the dream itself.
      If you feel like it, please take a look at my YouTube channel:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof...niLAS_pFoRkqfw
      If you don't, hm well have a nice day anyway ^_^

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      AstroFlyer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      LD Count
      3-4 nights wk
      Gender
      Location
      East Coast
      Posts
      57
      Likes
      38
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by cometsincaves View Post
      I saw this recent post about this
      http://www.dreamviews.com/general-lu...ical-body.html
      but thought I'd second it with a new one to see if anyone else has experienced this/has any advice...

      I've been having lucids on and off for years--at the moment maybe a couple a week. My main hurdle right now is dream stabilization, and it seems to have gotten worse lately since I've become acutely aware of the fact that the main thing I'm up against is the impending sensation of my real physical body in bed as soon as I become lucid (so now I additionally mentally sabotage it due to the awareness)

      Has this been a problem for anyone else on an ongoing basis?

      Basically I've become aware of the fact that most of the lucid dreams I've ever had are on a countdown from the moment I become lucid to the moment I feel my physical body in bed and can't hang on anymore. Maybe this is common for many beginning-intermediate dreamers? I'm aware of the main stabilization techniques, and I'm sure I could be better at all of them but I've just become more and more aware of how much from the moment I become lucid I am almost like half awake in my real body so the "dream" actually feels like I'm laying there dreaming it, like I'm not quite all in and it's downhill from there stabilization-wise. Sometimes I've saved it by spinning. Looking at the ground seems to help and the one I haven't remembered to try yet is hand rubbing which sounds like it works well for a lot of peeps so there's that.

      Has anyone had similar experiences and/or luck moving past this?
      Thanks and great to meet you fellow likeminded dreamers here!

      Best,
      Adam
      Take into consideration the great suggestions here not to get too wrapped up in your real body, but you can however use this to your advantage. When you are sensing your real body and the dream slips out of control, try focusing on remaining still and not opening your eyes. Then turn your focus on the dream prior to sensing your real body. You then have a good chance to reenter the dream or start another one (DEILD). We all have our habits and situations that wake us, but the magic of the DEILD is that you can ( depending on your REM cycle) just get back to what you were doing after waking or start something new . I learned to do this about a year ago when I was training myself on dream sex and was constantly waking. I often have DEILD chains 4 - 6 deep and purposely ending them sometimes due to discomfort lying in one position ( back problems). Hope this helps.........
      mitten1997 and cometsincaves like this.

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      2-5 a week
      Posts
      7
      Likes
      2
      Cool yeah good ideas I'm workin at it, thanks for the thoughtful suggestions!


      Quote Originally Posted by Verre View Post
      Your expectations have such a profound influence over the dream state that it is easy to get into negative patterns or sabotage your own efforts. For instance, there was a period of time when I was convinced the dream would destabilize if I left my dream-house, so of course that happened very consistently until I managed to get over that thought pattern. If you go into your LDs with the expectation (or worry) that you're going to feel your physical body and it is going to wake you up, then that is bound to happen on a regular basis.

      Changing thought patterns is easier said than done, of course! And trying not to think about something is almost impossible, because you end up thinking about not thinking about it, which is pretty much the same thing. Perhaps a good strategy would be to find something else to try to focus your attention on. If physical sensations are the problem, then maybe try focusing as hard as you can on what you are seeing in the dream. You might try to find a positive affirmation that you can use in the dream as well; anything to substitute positive thought patterns for the negative ones until they stop being such a distraction.

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      2-5 a week
      Posts
      7
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by AstroFlyer View Post
      Take into consideration the great suggestions here not to get too wrapped up in your real body, but you can however use this to your advantage. When you are sensing your real body and the dream slips out of control, try focusing on remaining still and not opening your eyes. Then turn your focus on the dream prior to sensing your real body. You then have a good chance to reenter the dream or start another one (DEILD). We all have our habits and situations that wake us, but the magic of the DEILD is that you can ( depending on your REM cycle) just get back to what you were doing after waking or start something new . I learned to do this about a year ago when I was training myself on dream sex and was constantly waking. I often have DEILD chains 4 - 6 deep and purposely ending them sometimes due to discomfort lying in one position ( back problems). Hope this helps.........
      I'm totally going to try this thank you!
      BlueKat likes this.

    Similar Threads

    1. Can still Feel My Physical Body
      By nerofaora in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 02-05-2015, 02:31 AM
    2. Can you make lucid dreams feel like convincing Out-of-Body Experiences?
      By Laurelindo in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 01-26-2014, 06:18 PM
    3. My lucid dreams do not feel real at all.
      By noiseissound in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 11-25-2013, 10:01 PM
    4. Physical force to real body while in LD
      By chebuoi in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
    5. How Real Can Lucid Dreams Feel?
      By AhThe2nd in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 02-02-2007, 12:03 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •