• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    Like Tree5Likes
    • 5 Post By StrawberryDream

    Thread: I'd like to share my summoning technique

    1. #1
      Lurker Achievements:
      1 year registered

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Gender
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      5

      I'd like to share my summoning technique

      I hope there isn't something identical already posted by a another member but I haven't seen anything while lurking.

      I've been LDing for many years but I've always had problems with summoning whether it be Dream Characters or objects.
      Luckily over the last few months i've been perfecting my own technique.

      It all started one night I was lucid and in my house, where many of my dreams seem to take place for some reason. I put my hand between the cushions of my sofa (I can't remember why) and I ended up pulling some object out from between them. This was a serious light bulb moment for me and over the dream and later dreams is practiced summoning objects and DC using this method. I found all I had to do was feeling around below the cushions and think of what I wanted and when I felt it in my hand I just had to pull it out.

      The problem with this technique was i needed to be near a sofa and a living room isn't a very exciting place to LD as you can imagine. That's when I tweaked things a little. Now all is do is put my hand behind my back and think about what I would like to summon and it works very well, 90% of the time i'd say. It also sometimes funny when you pull out something large like a plane for example.

      Thank you for reading my first post.

    2. #2
      Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Gender
      Location
      On A Special Star
      Posts
      1,267
      Likes
      3576
      DJ Entries
      456
      Nice technique~ Its cool how you came up with it yourself. : ) In other threads people have talked about using a technique similar to that but less focused on touch and more on sight I think. Like you think of it being behind you and than turn around to see it there.However, focusing on touch is a great idea since it can be helpful too.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

      DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

    3. #3
      Towards An Unknown End Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran Second Class
      Kuyarei's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Gender
      Location
      Collapsed Dimension
      Posts
      165
      Likes
      137
      DJ Entries
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryDream View Post
      I hope there isn't something identical already posted by a another member but I haven't seen anything while lurking.

      I've been LDing for many years but I've always had problems with summoning whether it be Dream Characters or objects.
      Luckily over the last few months i've been perfecting my own technique.

      It all started one night I was lucid and in my house, where many of my dreams seem to take place for some reason. I put my hand between the cushions of my sofa (I can't remember why) and I ended up pulling some object out from between them. This was a serious light bulb moment for me and over the dream and later dreams is practiced summoning objects and DC using this method. I found all I had to do was feeling around below the cushions and think of what I wanted and when I felt it in my hand I just had to pull it out.

      The problem with this technique was i needed to be near a sofa and a living room isn't a very exciting place to LD as you can imagine. That's when I tweaked things a little. Now all is do is put my hand behind my back and think about what I would like to summon and it works very well, 90% of the time i'd say. It also sometimes funny when you pull out something large like a plane for example.

      Thank you for reading my first post.
      Sounds simple and effective. I have had my issues with summoning for a long time and i'm interested in trying this out next time i become lucid. I think it was because i had a very complicated process and it didn't exploit the unknown factor of pulling an object/person out of a hard to see place like below the sofas.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      73
      Likes
      41
      I have always been a fan of the "imagine things behind a corner" technique, but that's a really cool way to do it. Does it work for characters too? How does that work?

    5. #5
      Lurker Achievements:
      1 year registered

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Gender
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by RaveCrazedDave View Post
      I have always been a fan of the "imagine things behind a corner" technique, but that's a really cool way to do it. Does it work for characters too? How does that work?

      Yes it works with dream characters. I just grab them by the hand.

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      73
      Likes
      41
      Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryDream View Post
      I just grab them by the hand.
      Elegant. Will try.

    7. #7
      Member Courga's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2017
      LD Count
      53
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      26
      Likes
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryDream View Post
      Yes it works with dream characters. I just grab them by the hand.
      Oh wow, I had never though of applying the 'behind the back' technique like this before. Brilliant! Thanks!

    Similar Threads

    1. Share an Example of "SUMMONING" from Your Own Dreams.
      By sivason in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 10-17-2015, 04:16 PM
    2. Share your experiances from the SSILD technique!
      By EarthToKepler in forum Lucid Experiences
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 03-08-2015, 11:15 PM
    3. Need a good summoning technique
      By MrZhume in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 08-31-2012, 05:00 PM
    4. spiffy summoning technique, esp for naruto fans
      By kyospants in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
    5. Share Your Meditation Technique!
      By pubbles in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 08-08-2004, 10:26 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •