• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree7Likes
    • 6 Post By juroara
    • 1 Post By menelvagor

Thread: Dream Affirmations : Are For Everyone!!

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries

Dream Affirmations : Are For Everyone!!

I've just recently rediscovered the power of the simple and easy affirmation! They can help beginners and advanced dreamers alike, and can even be used WITHIN the dream

Affirmations should be said in the present tense as if happening now. They need to be positive, and avoid negative words. Such as "I will not forget to reality check!" is a weak affirmation

Speak the affirmations out-loud until you feel satisfied. It also helps to both write and read affirmations, but you can't skimp out on saying them! Affirmations always need to be spoken when you are relaxed and happy. And you should feel comfortable saying them. If you are affirming something you've struggled with in dreams, you might feel doubt. Feeling doubt will ruin your affirmation

How do you get over doubt? The best emotion to overcome doubt is gratitude. Feel joyful gratitude for fun, adventurous and/or lucid dreams!! The gratitude is everything!

Another way to overcome doubt is to use the affirmation to affirm that you are getting closer to your goal, until you feel more comfortable to affirm that this goal already is. Here are my dream affirmations! When you speak them depends on the affirmation. Create your own!

Dream Affirmations

*I am aware that I am dreaming!

*I am lucid dreaming!

*Lucidity is my natural dream state! Lucidity is my natural state of awareness! (any time of day)

*I am aware right now! (any time of day)

*My dreams are amazing, long and vivid!

*I am having an exciting dream!

*I am so grateful for my vivid, fun and exciting dreams!

*I bring my dream into full clarity!

*I remember every dream in full clarity!

'Now' is a very powerful word in affirmations. Use 'now' for affirmations within the dream.

*I NOW bring clarity and awareness into my dream! (seriously shout it in the dream! mean it!)

*I experience all of the senses in my dream!

*I experience vivid sight/sound/taste/touch/smell in my lucid dream!

'Remember' can also be used to help yourself accept a goal

*I remember to first stabilize my dream

versus

*I stabilize my lucid dream every time!

*I remember my goal of "lucid task"

*I achieve my goal of "lucid task" easily!

*I see and recognize my dream sign of " "!

'I affirm' is also great for within dream affirmations

*I affirm that I create this dream!

*I affirm my natural dream power!

*I am weightless, free, powerful and fast! (good for people who are struggling to fly or are sick of just floating. take advantage of the dream, shout!)

You can use affirmations to help with other dream techniques

*I wake up naturally at __am to WILD/WBTB. (for those of you who can't use an alarm clock. now some of you are thinking this is impossible! if you're a heavy sleeper, then yes this might be impossible. but I haven't used an alarm clock in two years, I just wake up at the time I know I'm supposed to wake up. the trick is to look at the clock just before you close your eyes - your subconscious is still counting)

*I remain still and keep my eyes closed after waking (DEILD)

*I wake up after my dream to dream-link! (DEILD)

*My mind grows lighter as my body grows heavier, and I awake into a dream (anything with SP)

Well have fun! Please post your experiences with dream affirmations. The results aren't 100%, but they always help. Here's an example. I once affirmed that I would recognize my dream sign of a dirty public restroom and reality check. Well, that very night, my dream gave me the nastiest, the most inhumane public restroom ever. In utter disbelief of the horrific sight I deliriously giggle and say "Oh my God! I must be dreaming!" ......but it still went completely over my head. So although I failed to reality check, my subconscious still listened to my affirmation and created the perfect scenario.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Great advice. I'm going to print this list to keep with me tomorrow

Canada
      Love the advice, i looked at this page and got two lucid dreams in two nights! Thanks!

LDs: 30
      Fly [X] levitating something [X] see something beautiful [] Fly with wings [] discover a new land []
      ~.~.~.~

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Saint Augustine, Florida
      DJ Entries
      Dream affirmations and auto-suggestion are amazing. Last night, I was reading the task of the year. Then, before I went to bed I told myself "I'm going to have a lucid dream tonight". It was one of the highest quality, and one of the only one I've had in a couple of months.

Ausitj TX, USA
      Good stuff, affirmations are one of the secrets of mastery that i have neglected for far to long.

UK
      These are really good! I'm making a personal MP3 and need some ideas with regards to Lucid Dream affirmations. Many thanks!
      When ever you point at the moon, what do you focus on?...The moon, or your finger pointing at the moon? Techniques are only "pointers" towards your goal. Your consciousness is like the moon, let it become full, expanded and brilliant through self knowledge and understanding. Proper meditation IS the best way to success.

Making the water hotter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Thank you so much for those! I'm new at this and hadn't really thought about affirmations before, but it makes perfect sense. I will implement some of these, and some custom ones.

Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      The best emotion to overcome doubt is gratitude.
      I love that, by the way.

OH, and I had to LOL at your dream sign... dirty public restrooms??? Wow... it's a shame we can't film our dreams and show them like home movies.

United States
      DJ Entries
      Danke. I also love that. Gratitude is best way to overcome doubt. I have a definite barrier/blockage when it comes to MILD, which I feel definitely is holding me back. Whenever I say MILD or things like that, "I will remember my intention to lucid dream", I just don't feel it at all, I don't believe it when I say it because every time I do say it, nothing happens. This will be a great method for me I think.

A good quote I found [no context and unrelated but good to share is]

"When your fear touches someone's pain it becomes pity; when your love touches someone's pain it becomes compassion." -Stephen Levine
      WaterDreamer likes this.
      |DILD - 17 | WILD - 0|
      LD Goals: Use earth-bending [o] Fly [x] Transform into an aquatic animal [o] Move something telepathically [] Meet my dream guide [o] Eat a dream vegetable [] Walk through a wall [x] Change a dream scene [x]
      x = hit
      o = miss/attempted

Making the water hotter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by menelvagor View Post
      "When your fear touches someone's pain it becomes pity; when your love touches someone's pain it becomes compassion." -Stephen Levine
      That's really beautiful. Thank you for sharing it!