• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

LD Count

Lightbulb One day of this sparked a DILD for me.

So yesterday, I was at a friends birthday, and we went walking around and played a large game of hide and seek at a park, and since generally I am home or with one other person at most, I thought to myself about how in my dreams I am generally doing things I otherwise wouldn't be doing(like being in a large group of people idk), so I decided to give the beforehand, unsuccessful, reality check bit another shot. I knew I wasn't dreaming(because I analyzed my surroundings and asked myself how it is I got were I was), but the idea here was that, if I do reality checks when I am doing something unfamiliar, it's more likely to transfer to my dreams than doing reality checks during average day things(which I never do in dreams). Get the idea here? So last night, in my dream, I was walking along this street, and naturally I thought, "I should check my hands!" So I did, and my right hand was this strange, blurry, three fat fingered, paw thing, while my left had like seven fingers. I made the mistake of getting excited, so I tried to calm down, and look down at the ground to stabilize the dream, but everything except the corner of my right eye had already gone white, and I knew I was soon to wake up. Right then I did. Still though, that was the best progress I have had. At least this time I really held onto my consciousness. Next time I'll just have to stabilize quicker and keep chill
      So the idea here is to do reality checks when your some were different, doing something different or even just something you rarely do, and to indefinitely question how you got there. With this I feel your results will be great and quick, like mine. In one night I successfully DILDed. Another thing! This helps because I'm sure like me, for a lot of you doing reality checks all the time can get old, and hard to remember to do(as well as becoming a habit, for which will do no good in a dream, you need to consciously decide to check your hands to gain lucidity.) so doing it only in these types of instances is clearly a better way about it anyhow! Hope this helps!
      Last edited by Judge; 10-04-2010 at 03:13 AM.
      "Believe you can, believe you can't; either way, your right." - Henry Ford

Texas
      DJ Entries
      This actually could be a bad thing, since if you get used to doing reality checks when you "know" you aren't dreaming then you'll get used to thinking that you aren't dreaming. A lot of people have tried doing what you've said and say their reality checks said they weren't dreaming when they were. Instead, try what Puffin says. Really question if you're dreaming or not. Even if you "know" you're not dreaming, try to convince yourself that you are dreaming. When you try looking around you for things that seem out of the norm, you'll notice how many things are really abnormal! Then once you've convinced yourself that you are indeed dreaming, reality check.

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
      This actually could be a bad thing, since if you get used to doing reality checks when you "know" you aren't dreaming then you'll get used to thinking that you aren't dreaming. A lot of people have tried doing what you've said and say their reality checks said they weren't dreaming when they were. Instead, try what Puffin says. Really question if you're dreaming or not. Even if you "know" you're not dreaming, try to convince yourself that you are dreaming. When you try looking around you for things that seem out of the norm, you'll notice how many things are really abnormal! Then once you've convinced yourself that you are indeed dreaming, reality check.
      Well I meant I knew I wasn't dreaming because I had thought to myself, how did I get here? And I am always analyzing everything, I have always done that. I was just vague on that detail. I'll put that in here, I worried someone might misinterpret it =P Mind you I consider questioning how I got some were, and checking the surroundings to be reality checks... So I don't really know what your point is.
      Last edited by Judge; 10-04-2010 at 03:14 AM.

LD Count
      Many
      Manitoba
      Up until the point you become lucid, you "know" you aren't dreaming..

Considering this, how do you know you aren't dreaming now? Don't tell me you reality check..

I just did reality check. 4 fingers on my left, right hands on fire. The sun is purple and I'm late for the space station. Nothing out of the ordinary here, I "know" I'm not dreaming...

How tall is your orange? Moonsong's Avatar
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Rathez View Post
      I just did reality check. 4 fingers on my left, right hands on fire. The sun is purple and I'm late for the space station. Nothing out of the ordinary here, I "know" I'm not dreaming...
      I just had to hardcore reality check, because I wasn't expecting that and it kind of blew my mind. But I'm pretty sure I'm not dreaming...
      Dream Goals:
      Tell my Dad my REAL political and religious views [ ] |Pokemon duel [ ] |Start an ongoing narrative [ ] |Share a dream [ ] |Write a poem [ ]

LD Count
      Many
      Manitoba
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonsong View Post
      I just had to hardcore reality check, because I wasn't expecting that and it kind of blew my mind. But I'm pretty sure I'm not dreaming...
      Oh but you aren't dreaming! You're at home on your computer, on dreamviews, this can't be a dream..

See? Look at your keyboard. All the keys are blank, and your mouse is eating a piece of cheese. Nothing out of the ordinary here.. I "know" I'm not dreaming.

LD Count
      Up until the point you become lucid, you "know" you aren't dreaming..

Considering this, how do you know you aren't dreaming now? Don't tell me you reality check..

Oh but you aren't dreaming! You're at home on your computer, on dreamviews, this can't be a dream..

See? Look at your keyboard. All the keys are blank, and your mouse is eating a piece of cheese. Nothing out of the ordinary here.. I "know" I'm not dreaming.
      Hahaha, well that was entertaining to say the least xD, and well, the two times I actually noticed something aloof, I became Lucid, so unless your just being silly, well even still actually, that isn't very accurate. Once I think, to think about if I'm dreaming, I'll notice I'm dreaming. Theirs a clear difference between reality and dreaming. To me at least. If I saw a purple sun, I'd become Lucid instantly. But most of the time my dreams are actually very realistic, and the idea of it being a dream doesn't come to mind.
      Last edited by Judge; 10-04-2010 at 05:42 AM.

LD Count
      Many
      Manitoba
      Quote Originally Posted by Judge
      Hahaha, well that was entertaining to say the least xD, and well, the two times I actually noticed something aloof, I became Lucid, so unless your just being silly, well even still actually, that isn't very accurate.
      *Whoooooooosh*

Don't go editing your posts on me!
      Last edited by Rathez; 10-04-2010 at 05:46 AM.

LD Count
      Many
      Manitoba
      Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
      Hahaha, well that was entertaining to say the least xD, and well, the two times I actually noticed something aloof, I became Lucid, so unless your just being silly, well even still actually, that isn't very accurate. Once I think, to think about if I'm dreaming, I'll notice I'm dreaming. Theirs a clear difference between reality and dreaming. To me at least. If I saw a purple sun, I'd become Lucid instantly. But most of the time my dreams are actually very realistic, and the idea of it being a dream doesn't come to mind.
      To respond to a more thorough thought, THAT was the exact message I'm trying to get across. Sometimes extremes are needed.

It would've had a lesser effect if I described a daily routine.

LD Count
      *Whoooooooosh*

Don't go editing your posts on me!
      Hahaha xD well I had more too say!

To respond to a more thorough thought, THAT was the exact message I'm trying to get across. Sometimes extremes are needed.

It would've had a lesser effect if I described a daily routine.
      And well, you have a strange way of getting your point across Rathez xD but I suppose we all think things differently, supposing we all are being our own selves that is. But that's a whole different topic, any how I don't really see the connection, but because you made me laugh, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ^-^

LD Count
      Many
      Manitoba
      Was it really that strange? Did it not make you think, if I let stupid stuff go unnoticed all the time, that maybe there's a subtle hint right now that would make you lucid? After all, how do you really know if you're dreaming until you wake up? How do you know you aren't dreaming right now? In the state of mind that is dreaming, it is very easy to accept things for what they are without question.

So, how do you know you aren't dreaming? Because maybe in your dream world, your reality check failing is actually reality?

LD Count
      Was it really that strange? Did it not make you think, if I let stupid stuff go unnoticed all the time, that maybe there's a subtle hint right now that would make you lucid? After all, how do you really know if you're dreaming until you wake up? How do you know you aren't dreaming right now? In the state of mind that is dreaming, it is very easy to accept things for what they are without question.

So, how do you know you aren't dreaming? Because maybe in your dream world, your reality check failing is actually reality?
      That doesn't even make sense. In dream world "real"ity par say doesn't exist... The only times I actually thought, maybe I am dreaming in a dream, I recognized immediately. I understand that in dream world your ability to differ whats off and what isn't is crippled, but when I am awake, I am a very aware person, and nothing unusual really happens. Except for like I said, when I am doing something I don't usually do. I don't know I'm not dreaming, when I am dreaming. The thought doesn't usually come to mind because generally in my dreams I am very busy. But the two times it did, I recognized I was dreaming and became Lucid. What you are saying might could relate to other people, but not for me.

I thought about doing that 3 nights ago. I was cruising around on a bike in a park near my house around midnight and thought about doing a reality check just because I was scared shitless. I was really paranoid for whatever reason. Last night I dreamt that I was a person following myself with a flashlight and it was just as terrifying.

LD Count
      Many
      Manitoba
      Quote Originally Posted by Judge
      That doesn't even make sense. In dream world "real"ity par say doesn't exist... The only times I actually thought, maybe I am dreaming in a dream, I recognized immediately. I understand that in dream world your ability to differ whats off and what isn't is crippled, but when I am awake, I am a very aware person, and nothing unusual really happens. Except for like I said, when I am doing something I don't usually do. I don't know I'm not dreaming, when I am dreaming. The thought doesn't usually come to mind because generally in my dreams I am very busy. But the two times it did, I recognized I was dreaming and became Lucid. What you are saying might could relate to other people, but not for me.
      "The only times I actually thought, maybe I am dreaming in a dream, I recognized immediately."
      "The thought doesn't usually come to mind because generally in my dreams I am very busy."
      "But the two times it did, I recognized I was dreaming and became Lucid."

You have your cause-effect mixed up. Its not that when you asked the question, your super awareness abilities shined out and you became lucid. Its because you actually asked the question; that's all it takes!

You have the idea of awareness really mixed up.

LD Count
      DJ Entries

Two seconds before I read that i dropped a piece of cheese right next to my mouse!!!

Ok but on a serious note sometimes at school I am walking basically on auto-pilot and then later in my next class I dont even know how I got there. I think "hmm this must be a dream I dont know how I got here " In a dream I never just rationalize forgetting where i was before as just ignoring my surroundings before I got where I was.
      Last edited by Waterknight; 10-05-2010 at 02:23 AM.
      I accept that my reality is always a dream so if something changes I know I'm right.

"Later that day......innocent group hugs became an orgy"
      -erible :3

Goals go into space [] play blitzball from FFX []

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by Mannimarco View Post
      I thought about doing that 3 nights ago. I was cruising around on a bike in a park near my house around midnight and thought about doing a reality check just because I was scared shitless. I was really paranoid for whatever reason. Last night I dreamt that I was a person following myself with a flashlight and it was just as terrifying.
      Haha, damn o.O that's pretty crazy, did you dream that before or after you went on the bike ride? Cuz if it was after it was just the fear overlapping into your dream.

"The only times I actually thought, maybe I am dreaming in a dream, I recognized immediately."
      "The thought doesn't usually come to mind because generally in my dreams I am very busy."
      "But the two times it did, I recognized I was dreaming and became Lucid."

You have your cause-effect mixed up. Its not that when you asked the question, your super awareness abilities shined out and you became lucid. Its because you actually asked the question; that's all it takes!

You have the idea of awareness really mixed up.
      I never said anything about becoming "super aware" or anything like that. Your misunderstanding me. I am fully aware the reason I became Lucid was because I questioned it. You basically said exactly what I did, just shortened and reworded =P

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
      Haha, damn o.O that's pretty crazy, did you dream that before or after you went on the bike ride? Cuz if it was after it was just the fear overlapping into your dream.
      thats the whole point of this thread
      using that fear to become lucid in a dream