• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Hybrid View

Wants a Lucid Dream :'( tom1029's Avatar
      LD Count
      UK

Wink My first lucid dream! :D

So last night (or more this morning) I had my very first (real) lucid dream!

Ive been ill, so I woke up at about 7:30 AM and decided that I still feel to ill to go to school. I went back to sleep and kept falling asleep and waking up again every half an hour or so. Then eventually I was in a small courtyard kind of thing and I realised I was dreaming. I did 2 things: I looked at my hands and they looked so real. Then I realised there was gravel on the floor, so I threw my hands upwards and "summoned" some of the gravel to float, then I threw my hands forward and threw some of the gravel into a wall. I was having so much fun that I began to leave the dream. I spun around a bit (I think thats what you do isnt it?) but I still woke up.

I had had a few times where I had tried to lucid dream to no success. And a few days ago I had a look at some tutorials again. I wasnt actually trying last night but just happened. It answered several of my questions about lucid dreams too.

Any tips about how to stay in the dream, increase vividness, and above all, to get into the actual dream? What is the best inducing method for newbies?

Ive been on and off with this forum every time I gave up lucid dreaming, but after that experience I am here for good!

Anyway I CANT WAIT to have my next LD.

Thanks for reading

Hyu
      Close your eyes <span class='glow_006400'>Hyu</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      200+
      Luxembourg
      DJ Entries
      Congratulations on your first LD!
      It's awesome that you managed to stay in the dream, a lot of people get so excited during their first LD that they immediately wake up.

I'm not sure what the best induction method for newbies is, but I believe DILD and MILD are the most commonly used ones.
      But it all depends on what you feel more comfortable with, some people have an easy time WILD'ing for example.

As for increasing the vividness and prolonging the dream, there's a few tutorials on these forums, such as this one:
      Dream Stabilization and Clarity Tutorial - Dreamviews Lucid Dreaming Community & Resource

Good luck!
      Dreams are simple.
      It's the painfully simple things the human mind cannot comprehend.
      After all your mind is trained to understand the complexity of the waking world,
      not the simplicity of the dream world.

- Yuya

Wants a Lucid Dream :'( tom1029's Avatar
      LD Count
      UK
      Quote Originally Posted by Hyu View Post
      Congratulations on your first LD!
      It's awesome that you managed to stay in the dream, a lot of people get so excited during their first LD that they immediately wake up.

I'm not sure what the best induction method for newbies is, but I believe DILD and MILD are the most commonly used ones.
      But it all depends on what you feel more comfortable with, some people have an easy time WILD'ing for example.

As for increasing the vividness and prolonging the dream, there's a few tutorials on these forums, such as this one:
      Dream Stabilization and Clarity Tutorial - Dreamviews Lucid Dreaming Community & Resource

Good luck!
      Thanks. Yeah, I managed to stay in the dream for a bit, but it must have been only about 30 seconds anyway. Still, it was awesome and I cant wait to have a longer one and explore all the possibilites.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV
      DJ Entries
      congrats hope you have many more xD
      personally i believe the best technique to get lucid is the one you create your self, i find when i do a lite meditation to calm my self while lucid helps keeps me there longer, if you are interested i got a technique posted here somewhere