I haven't practiced any RC technqiues, I have thought about wearing a watch more frequently though.
So for those of you whom haven't heard this technique, simply wear a watch during most of your waking hours
try to look at the time frequently, and when you do look at it, look away, and look at it again. Taking your time
to view the numbers. The more frequent you do this, the more likely you would in a dream. The key is, that when you view the watch in your dream for the first time, the numbers might be awkward, but when you look at the second time they'll be completely changed. I thought I'd share this, because theirs several people out there that always wear watches, I use to every day when I was younger, wish I hadn't stopped now. Another technique which I really don't recommend but read about, (Can't remember the homepage) But it's to make yourself very thirsty prior to going into bed. Fill your mouth with salt, or anything to get thirsty.. Then fall asleep with a glass of water next to your bed, if you drink the water, you know your sleeping.