• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Chimpertainment

Thread: Very Powerful

Banned

Very Powerful

So, I had a very powerful dream last night and this is the only place i can really share the true nature of the dream. I am slightly confused about the message of the dream and I would really like some alternative perspectives because I tend to let my emotional reaction to dreams overshadow the metaphorical message. Anyways, here is the dream and I'll leave the rest of my comments for the afterward so your perspective isn't tainted.

NL Dream
      Narration
      Lucid Dream

At a house on the beach. It is a large house with a veranda running the length of the home. Windows also make up that side which faces the ocean. No furniture outside but the chairs and couches inside are exquisite. I'm eating breakfast on a small table in the corner. Ann walks in. She is wearing dark clothes. She leaves after we talk awkwardly. She comes back. She is wearing a beautiful beige form fitting dress. She sits in a chair behind me, backwards like a cowboy. I turn around in my chair and sit similarly. She points to the beauty of the ocean and leans closer. I point as well and without thought allow my arm to rest on hers. She reaches with her other hand and softly touches my arm. I look into her eyes and feel an overwhelming rush of adoration and peace. "I love this woman", I think to myself. I lean in to kiss her as I cup her perfect face in my hand.The kiss causes the end of that portion of the dream as I close my eyes.I open my eyes again and it is nighttime. There is a small amount of light from lamps strewn throughout the room. There are about five to six elderly people whom I know, sitting and talking. Ann's Grandpa on my right, my father's father on my left. I am sitting in a blood-red Victorian era chair with an ottoman.My grandpa begins to sit in my chair without saying anything so I quickly move to stand. Instead of sitting on the chair, Grandpa uses the ottoman. I feel slightly miffed but the feeling passes.
      I wonder where Ann is, so I go looking through the house. I go from the sitting room to the kitchen. I see her in the bathroom through the open door. As I go into the bathroom to talk to her she morphs into a child-like version of an older cousin Mary.
      She looks at me, backs away, looks over my shoulder and says evenly, "Yes".
      I look behind me and see Beau, an old friend of mine and Ann's, rushing toward me. Before I can react, he morphs into a zombie-vampire, his head swoops around my shoulder, and his dagger teeth sink into my throat.
      I feel massive pressure on my throat and my pelvis. It feels as if while he bites my throat, she is biting my crotch. At first I feel like giving in but something rises within me and I suddenly realize this is a dream. I must stay in this dream so I can figure out why Ann would cause Beau to attack me.
      I gather my strength as my lucidity grows. I can feel my power expanding and I am about to throw them off me when the dream ends.

To me, it seems like some sort of dialogue with myself and my Anima. At the same time, this girl in the dream whose image began as my first girlfriend was terribly overwhelming. My life is in state of change and I am learning to live with my emotions through meditation and dream control. When I woke up this morning, I had an obsessive desire to see my ex-girlfriend and especially to talk with her. It was as if I needed to know why she let Beau attack me even though it was a dream and she had morphed into someone else anyway. Perhaps that just un-earthed a feeling toward her that was already there.
      She was the one person in my life I've been able to completely open up to and I crave that connection again. I hope I can live with my cravings without going mad before I find someone else...

thoughts???

Last edited by Chimpertainment; 05-30-2012 at 09:25 PM.
      Mydera likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      20+
      Carolina
      DJ Entries
      I tried to post a comment on your Dream Journal, but I keep getting a database error (the same happens when I'm trying to update my own dream journal, so I think it's a site error and not a problem with yours specifically)

The kiss causes the end of that portion of the dream as I close my eyes
      As I go into the bathroom to talk to her she morphs into a child-like version of an older cousin Mary.
      Do you think that perhaps in the second dream it's not Ann anymore but your subconscious trying to recreate her and failing therefore turning her into Mary? I've had dream characters pretend to be other people before, and it's hard at times to tell if they're the person you think they are or not, especially if your not lucid to question them. Maybe Ann doesn't want Beau to attack you at all, because that completely goes against the first dream. As for the reason of the attack, if it wasn't really her in the second dream, then the reason for the attack might come from how you feel about her or how you might think she should feel about you. Did you guys have a fight or part on bad terms? Do you maybe feel like she's "attacking" you or rather being cruel to you that she's appearing in your dreams instead of allowing you to move on? I'm not too good at dream interpretation, and really only we can interpret our own dreams, but that's the angles I'm seeing it from so I hope that gives you a new view on it