• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Bird Brain Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      DJ Entries

Unusual sleep paralysis experience.

I woke up at 12:00 noon today, and was awake for a few hours. At 2:00, I was bored so I decided to try getting into sleep paralysis, even if I wouldn't make it into a dream. After all, I wouldn't be in the right stage of my internal sleep cycle.

I was lying in bed for a good thirty minutes or so, and was very relaxed. I had no ear plugs or sleep mask on. I was fairly tired from the night before. Thirty minutes into the relaxation/nap, I felt something inside me suddenly "flick the switch", and I had that familiar, strong feeling: I knew sleep paralysis was coming. I waited and felt vibrations all inside my stomach, almost as if I were lying on a foot massager. They didn't move up and down, but instead radiated out from a central point. It tickled a lot. I then felt myself floating and moving backwards off my bed, and my right arm begin to straighten out and float up a bit, too.

After fifteen seconds I woke up, ran up and down the stairs a few times from excitement, and settled back down into bed to read a book.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that the vibrations were very strange; I'd never experienced them before. Anyone else get them like this?
      We all live in a kind of continuous dream. When we wake, it is because something,
      some event, some pinprick even, disturbs the edges of what we have taken as reality.

Vandermeer

SAT (Sporadic Awareness Technique) Guide
      Have questions about lucid dreaming? DM me.

I've Returned Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 10000 Hall Points
      USA
      Ha that's very funny! Something like that has happened to me before; I had a very strange dream and then my head experienced very strange, rapid vibrations. It felt something like an electric shock through my head. I doubt this will help, but at least you know you're not the only one who has experienced this!

LD Count
      2 from 7/11/11
      Winnipeg, Manitoba
      DJ Entries
      I've felt those types of "vibrations" before but it was centered near the back of my neck/head. hah, when I get bored I try to induce sleep paralysis through long lapses of meditation and over a lot of those experiences there are those types of vibrations or irritations like the feeling of quick motion back and forth. haven't experienced the electric shock but I had felt as though I was floating/really light. Sounds kinda like the early stages of a WILD/consciously entering a dream state...but I haven't had any WILDs, I "break out" of sleep paralysis as a habit from when I was younger.