• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 787 of 789 FirstFirst ... 287 687 737 777 785 786 787 788 789 LastLast
    Results 19,651 to 19,675 of 19716
    Like Tree42518Likes

    Thread: Rant and Rave, Cry and Complain

    1. #19651
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,197
      Likes
      1820
      DJ Entries
      1422
      Here I go double posting...

      Rant: I almost forgot where I put my Mask. I went to wash it by hand, just in case, I needed to go out somewhere. At first, I didn't know where I put it. We have other masks but, that one has a filter on it. This caused me to do an RC... Like I do other times.

      And yes, I left Discord and deleted it. I just couldn't do it anymore. Everyone on there, for the most part, was cool but, I just needed a change. Sorry if people on there are wondering what happened but, It didn't feel fulfilling to me to be there. In a way, I felt like my presents there was more trouble for what it is worth.

      Rave: I'm doing well in a project that I'm working on.
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

    2. #19652
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Well. My uncle died today. I think he's probably doing a lot better now, though.

    3. #19653
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,197
      Likes
      1820
      DJ Entries
      1422
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Well. My uncle died today. I think he's probably doing a lot better now, though.
      Dear, MoonageDaydream,
      Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your uncle.
      We will keep you in our thoughts and hearts.

      With sympathy,
      ~Lang.
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

    4. #19654
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Thank you, although I have a feeling. Right now, he's very happy, getting barreled inside waves only we can dream of.

      DarkestDarkness likes this.

    5. #19655
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Very happy. Another new song done, and Dad thinks it's my best yet!
      Last edited by MoonageDaydream; 07-29-2020 at 11:47 PM.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

    6. #19656
      Shinigami - God of Thunder Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 6 months registered
      michael79's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      LD Count
      Too many
      Gender
      Location
      In between physical and astral plane
      Posts
      165
      Likes
      101
      DJ Entries
      8
      Rant
      It's hard to lucid dream or focus around here, 30 degree in my room and 40 degree outside
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

    7. #19657
      He who has fume hood. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Draeger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      79
      DJ Entries
      67
      I need fume hood, but my parents are afraid that it will catalyze me working with very dangerous stuff that will get me killed, but that's not true. I don't think it's bad that they do, I wouldn't trust my child with that either. But I wouldn't work with stuff that'd be all that dangerous. It'd be required to work with it, but not to survive it. In case any of the gasses came out, you'd run out coughing and would have to leave the room for a while, but you don't end up with bioaccumulation or any of that stuff, it's only acute if you breathe high concentrations for a while, otherwise it all heals up again. But my mother doesn't really trust I understand the danger, which is just unfortunate, so it takes effort to make her feel comfortable with the idea.

      Well, and then there's my father who thinks that you have to spend your money for "useful things" and believes I only buy stuff because I like the feeling of spending money, which he takes from the fact I buy so much, but chemistry is just a complex and expensive hobby. And I do have my own money, but he doesn't let me buy stuff anyway since he finds it frustrating because, again, he thinks I just buy things for the sake of having spent money, and that hobbies need a practical use. He just became unreasonable over time, I guess. He gets angry for very strange reasons. He's just from a harsher family, in times where your parents just punched you until you did what they wanted. He would never do such things to us though, he just gets loud and stops after half an hour of nonsensical reasoning and nearly destroying furniture. He wasn't always like this, but he's got various medical stuff that makes his day harder and over time he just didn't look so bright on life anymore. One of his medical things even makes him more aggressive, if I remember correctly, so with someone with all this shit he's pretty calm as far as I can tell. I love him, but he gets annoying quickly if you say a wrong thing. Maybe I can buy another thing this year.

      You know what's also annoying? Laborhandel-Krumpholz (translated = Lab store Krumpholz (last name) ) is a lab supplier with a rich supply. I bought a gas mask from him, and ammonia didn't make me feel like my throat is on fire, so that means it's a good quality mask as far as I can tell. Package came quickly within 3 days, even with corona starting out (got one of the last couple of masks he had, luckily). But then I bought 100€ worth of distillation stuff. Well, it's been nearly exactly 4 months now. No answer. I am hoping, from the reviews of others, that it will take only 6 months to get here, so that I will have it a few days before my birthday. It's really the only store that provides exactly what I need in a price I can pay, and according to some older reviews it all worked fine a while ago.

      Also, an idiot has taken control of my life since primary school and I am currently getting rid of him. His words are extremely manipulative and can turn many people into what he wants them to be. He's had many friends which left him, and now I know why they left him. He manages to make your subconsciousness like him while you hate him, and thus make it considerably harder to leave him. Then he also guilt trips you and you're his. And while you're with him he judges your profile picture, your name, which letters you capitalize.
      Lang likes this.
      I have fume hood.

    8. #19658
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,197
      Likes
      1820
      DJ Entries
      1422
      Quote Originally Posted by Draeger View Post

      Also, an idiot has taken control of my life since primary school and I am currently getting rid of him. His words are extremely manipulative and can turn many people into what he wants them to be. He's had many friends which left him, and now I know why they left him. He manages to make your subconsciousness like him while you hate him, and thus make it considerably harder to leave him. Then he also guilt trips you and you're his. And while you're with him he judges your profile picture, your name, which letters you capitalize.
      Hoffe, es wird besser für dich.
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

    9. #19659
      He who has fume hood. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Draeger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      79
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      Hoffe, es wird besser für dich.
      Danke. Mit der Hilfe von meinen Eltern werde ich das wohl schon schaffen. Nur blöd das er tausende Aufnahmen von mir hat. Aber Hauptsache er hält sich zukünftig aus meinem Leben raus. Kann er ja ruhig hochladen, ich erzähl dann einfach jedem das er eine schlechte Person ist und man sich nicht mit ihm anfreunden sollte.

      Here in English:
      Thanks. With the help of my parents, I'll be able to do it somehow. Just bad that he has thousands of recordings of me. But it's okay as long as he disappears out of my life. It wouldn't be bad if he uploaded all of it, then I'll just tell everyone what a horrible person he is and that nobody should friend him or talk to him.
      Last edited by Draeger; 08-03-2020 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Fixed something
      I have fume hood.

    10. #19660
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,197
      Likes
      1820
      DJ Entries
      1422


      Sounds like emotional blackmail? From what I have heard those kinds of people never change. Would you say that he is suffering from a Narcissistic personality disorder or Narcissistic Sociopath? It sounds like he has some of those traits. No apologies, no guilt, no remorse under any circumstance. They are cold callousness and lack of empathy for others, plus grandiose self-admiration and disdain for others equal a sociopathic narcissist who believes that they deserve to exploit people and dispose of them when finished.
      I guess, just as long as you have a good relationship support system that is backing you, you would be okay. Don't be alone on this. Don't be afraid to get some professional help for yourself. Seek help if you can. Someone who can help you would be better at telling you what you should do when you are dealing with a person like that, then people here would.

      Sorry, I know, this is none of my business. I'm practically a stranger. I just don't want to see you go through what I had gone through before. It's emotionally draining to deal with a person like that.

      ~Lang.
      Draeger likes this.
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

    11. #19661
      He who has fume hood. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Draeger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      79
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post


      Sounds like emotional blackmail? From what I have heard those kinds of people never change. Would you say that he is suffering from a Narcissistic personality disorder or Narcissistic Sociopath? It sounds like he has some of those traits. No apologies, no guilt, no remorse under any circumstance. They are cold callousness and lack of empathy for others, plus grandiose self-admiration and disdain for others equal a sociopathic narcissist who believes that they deserve to exploit people and dispose of them when finished.
      I guess, just as long as you have a good relationship support system that is backing you, you would be okay. Don't be alone on this. Don't be afraid to get some professional help for yourself. Seek help if you can. Someone who can help you would be better at telling you what you should do when you are dealing with a person like that, then people here would.

      Sorry, I know, this is none of my business. I'm practically a stranger. I just don't want to see you go through what I had gone through before. It's emotionally draining to deal with a person like that.

      ~Lang.
      Thank you for your words. No worries, it's always encouraging when people talk to me about it and give me tips.

      I'm already feeling better, slowly slipping out of the feeling of having to be his servant. Sadly, school inevitably forces me to meet him in less than 2 weeks. But I'll do it somehow.
      Lang likes this.
      I have fume hood.

    12. #19662
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,197
      Likes
      1820
      DJ Entries
      1422
      Spoiler for Rant.... :
      Last edited by Lang; 08-04-2020 at 06:46 AM.
      Draeger likes this.
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

    13. #19663
      He who has fume hood. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Draeger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      79
      DJ Entries
      67
      I am gonna get fume hood. I now have the power to do the chemistry. The fume shall be hooded outside.

      In all seriousness, time for carcinogens, light poisons and hyper corrosive stuff, for those of them that fume. That's the real chemistry. Time to update my signature and title.
      I have fume hood.

    14. #19664
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by Draeger View Post
      I am gonna get fume hood. I now have the power to do the chemistry. The fume shall be hooded outside.

      In all seriousness, time for carcinogens, light poisons and hyper corrosive stuff, for those of them that fume. That's the real chemistry. Time to update my signature and title.
      Good for you, I am sure you will have lots of fun with that. I hope you don't mind if I share a story. It reminds me of when I was in college, taking chemistry lab. It was our final exam. Yes, we had a fume hood to do our experiment. See, normally, we worked in groups of 3, and because I am ridiculously clumsy, I always did the math, the other two girls handled the glassware. But for our final, we had to work alone. There was this one rule. If you had a chemical spill on you, you had to go use the shower, and you automatically failed your exam because you couldn't retake it!! And if you fail the exam, you automatically fail the course. So of course, during my final, I spilled sodium hydroxide all over my hand. OUCH. So... instead of failing chemistry lab, I just kept discreetly going over to the sink to wash my hands, and hide my agony. My hand was red for days.

      I passed my exam though
      Last edited by MoonageDaydream; 08-04-2020 at 09:13 PM.

    15. #19665
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,197
      Likes
      1820
      DJ Entries
      1422
      Be careful. Dude. There was very bad explosion in Lebanon today. There are 30 people are dead and around 2,500 injured from the explosion.
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

    16. #19666
      He who has fume hood. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Draeger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      79
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Good for you, I am sure you will have lots of fun with that. I hope you don't mind if I share a story. It reminds me of when I was in college, taking chemistry lab. It was our final exam. Yes, we had a fume hood to do our experiment. See, normally, we worked in groups of 3, and because I am ridiculously clumsy, I always did the math, the other two girls handled the glassware. But for our final, we had to work alone. There was this one rule. If you had a chemical spill on you, you had to go use the shower, and you automatically failed your exam because you couldn't retake it!! And if you fail the exam, you automatically fail the course. So of course, during my final, I spilled sodium hydroxide all over my hand. OUCH. So... instead of failing chemistry lab, I just kept discreetly going over to the sink to wash my hands, and hide my agony. My hand was red for days.

      I passed my exam though
      What a stupid rule... even as a professional chemist you always spill chemicals on you, otherwise they wouldn't need gloves, so why don't students get to make mistakes? But I am not going to experience chemistry until university anyway. My current chemistry teacher is really, really easy to anger, and also has, to say the least, really idiotic ways of teaching. Well, and he also looks like he has given up on happiness since it's like hate and fear follow him in and out of the room and it's the worst lessons with my chaotic classmates. Well, and he's going to put us next to burners as our first experiment (first experiment in years of math and german lessons, which is apparently a thing one does in chemistry lessons now). If I am lucky I'll be put with any girls, who are nearly all sane people. If I am put with some specific arrangement of boys, I am going to discretely write my last will, since they will set the gas supply of the school on fire and detonate the entire pathway to the next gas supplier, and in their last moments hold another guys head into the bellowing flames of hell that will be spreading throughout the room.

      Well, to the sodium hydroxide thing, ouch. I hope you didn't have any horrible scars from that. Funnily enough, my hands nearly start like bleeding if I put any sort of soap on them but withstand hydrochloric acid, bleach and sodium hydroxide, and like anything else except concentrated sulfuric acid for more than 10 minutes with itching at most. Only thing that hurt me yet was copper(II)-chloride for some reason. Was lucky not to have the latter on my hand yet.



      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      Be careful. Dude. There was very bad explosion in Lebanon today. There are 30 people are dead and around 2,500 injured from the explosion.
      No worries. Not like I'm making isocyanogen tetraazide. The biggest explosion that could happen would just get sucked up by my fan before it reaches me, and any shrapnel would be caught by a plexiglass pane I'd have put in front of it, and it would only be accidental because of flammable fluids or gasses in small scale. So, again, no worries, I am careful.
      I have fume hood.

    17. #19667
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,197
      Likes
      1820
      DJ Entries
      1422
      Quote Originally Posted by Draeger View Post
      What a stupid rule... even as a professional chemist you always spill chemicals on you, otherwise they wouldn't need gloves, so why don't students get to make mistakes? But I am not going to experience chemistry until university anyway. My current chemistry teacher is really, really easy to anger, and also has, to say the least, really idiotic ways of teaching. Well, and he also looks like he has given up on happiness since it's like hate and fear follow him in and out of the room and it's the worst lessons with my chaotic classmates. Well, and he's going to put us next to burners as our first experiment (first experiment in years of math and german lessons, which is apparently a thing one does in chemistry lessons now). If I am lucky I'll be put with any girls, who are nearly all sane people. If I am put with some specific arrangement of boys, I am going to discretely write my last will, since they will set the gas supply of the school on fire and detonate the entire pathway to the next gas supplier, and in their last moments hold another guys head into the bellowing flames of hell that will be spreading throughout the room.

      Well, to the sodium hydroxide thing, ouch. I hope you didn't have any horrible scars from that. Funnily enough, my hands nearly start like bleeding if I put any sort of soap on them but withstand hydrochloric acid, bleach and sodium hydroxide, and like anything else except concentrated sulfuric acid for more than 10 minutes with itching at most. Only thing that hurt me yet was copper(II)-chloride for some reason. Was lucky not to have the latter on my hand yet.





      No worries. Not like I'm making isocyanogen tetraazide. The biggest explosion that could happen would just get sucked up by my fan before it reaches me, and any shrapnel would be caught by a plexiglass pane I'd have put in front of it, and it would only be accidental because of flammable fluids or gasses in small scale. So, again, no worries, I am careful.
      Okay.

      And MoonageDaydream sorry, I didn't see you there. That sounds painful!

      The storm is bad here. Storm warning. A tree just came down right outside my house. If it went the other way it would have hit the house and me. Would be surprised if the power goes out.

      Rave: My stitches came out today. I slipt on the ladder a week ago and cut my side open on the sharp edge of the ladder. I bleed a lot.
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

    18. #19668
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by Draeger View Post
      What a stupid rule... even as a professional chemist you always spill chemicals on you, otherwise they wouldn't need gloves, so why don't students get to make mistakes? But I am not going to experience chemistry until university anyway. My current chemistry teacher is really, really easy to anger, and also has, to say the least, really idiotic ways of teaching. Well, and he also looks like he has given up on happiness since it's like hate and fear follow him in and out of the room and it's the worst lessons with my chaotic classmates. Well, and he's going to put us next to burners as our first experiment (first experiment in years of math and german lessons, which is apparently a thing one does in chemistry lessons now). If I am lucky I'll be put with any girls, who are nearly all sane people. If I am put with some specific arrangement of boys, I am going to discretely write my last will, since they will set the gas supply of the school on fire and detonate the entire pathway to the next gas supplier, and in their last moments hold another guys head into the bellowing flames of hell that will be spreading throughout the room.

      Well, to the sodium hydroxide thing, ouch. I hope you didn't have any horrible scars from that. Funnily enough, my hands nearly start like bleeding if I put any sort of soap on them but withstand hydrochloric acid, bleach and sodium hydroxide, and like anything else except concentrated sulfuric acid for more than 10 minutes with itching at most. Only thing that hurt me yet was copper(II)-chloride for some reason. Was lucky not to have the latter on my hand yet.





      No worries. Not like I'm making isocyanogen tetraazide. The biggest explosion that could happen would just get sucked up by my fan before it reaches me, and any shrapnel would be caught by a plexiglass pane I'd have put in front of it, and it would only be accidental because of flammable fluids or gasses in small scale. So, again, no worries, I am careful.
      Oh wow, you really do seem older than you are. I figured you were a college chemistry student or someone who works in chemistry. Please, please be careful. And don't do what I did. It was stupid. Yes, the rule was stupid, too, but not worth permanent damage (although I did get lucky and it healed up. Now that I think about it, I think it took a couple weeks). I should have used the shower, and then taken it up with administration. I certainly would do so now, I would NEVER do what I did then.

      I have to say this. Coming from a science teacher and a mom. I would not be buying a fume hood and working with dangerous chemicals while still in high school. You have plenty of time to continue your chemistry experiments when you're older and wiser, and with a few more courses in chemistry under your belt. Right now, you need to continue learning the basics from that teacher that you don't like so much. You may not like him, but he has a lot he can teach you. Over-confidence is dangerous.
      DarkestDarkness and Draeger like this.

    19. #19669
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
      Okay.

      And MoonageDaydream sorry, I didn't see you there. That sounds painful!

      The storm is bad here. Storm warning. A tree just came down right outside my house. If it went the other way it would have hit the house and me. Would be surprised if the power goes out.

      Rave: My stitches came out today. I slipt on the ladder a week ago and cut my side open on the sharp edge of the ladder. I bleed a lot.
      You know, I've been through quite a few hurricanes living in Florida most of my life, but nothing was ever as bad as "Superstorm Sandy" in Connecticut. We had 4 trees down in our yard, one fell on the house and put a hole in the roof (right over the bed where I often slept), it was in the 20s that October, and no power for weeks. There's something about New England not being able to withstand those winds. The trees aren't made for it.

      Anyways, I hope you stay safe and glad to hear you're on the mend.

    20. #19670
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV
      DarkestDarkness's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      218
      Likes
      238
      DJ Entries
      166
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Over-confidence is dangerous.
      Indeed. I myself find that there's a lot I look back on from my teen years that I now consider pretty foolish that may have stemmed from over-confidence. Even so, having some confidence is often better than having no confidence at all, from my experience. I do think that there's a lot of things I could have been more patient about anyway, and other things I just should have been more proactive about. Ah well... Retrospective, nothing quite like it. Edit: And in all honesty, I feel like I had to make mistakes to understand things at times (but hopefully not deadly or life-changing mistakes of course...).



      You can safely ignore this part of my reply. This got me thinking anyway and I have a little rant of my own, mostly just want to type something out somewhere...

      Annoyed by the low level of feedback on some of my art stuff. Sometimes wonder if it's because people lack confidence to approach me, but often I end up feeling people just don't care enough individually to contribute with some feedback. Ends up making me feel frustrated at times. I try to make it pretty clear that I want and welcome feedback, heck even a "that's interesting but you could have done this" now and then would be nice, and I especially appreciate well-constructed or thought out feedback but so so rarely do get it from anyone at all. Likewise I can never get other artists within my sphere to engage with me quite enough, and when they do, the interaction or engagement sometimes just doesn't last... I always try to be supportive of other artists, especially if they are at a "lower" skill level than my current one, but for whatever reason nobody has ever done so with me. Makes me wonder what's the point of being nice sometimes, since I don't seem to get it back. I guess I'm hopeful I'm making someone else's world better, anyway...

      Random stray rant over...
      Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

    21. #19671
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkestDarkness View Post
      Indeed. I myself find that there's a lot I look back on from my teen years that I now consider pretty foolish that may have stemmed from over-confidence. Even so, having some confidence is often better than having no confidence at all, from my experience. I do think that there's a lot of things I could have been more patient about anyway, and other things I just should have been more proactive about. Ah well... Retrospective, nothing quite like it. Edit: And in all honesty, I feel like I had to make mistakes to understand things at times (but hopefully not deadly or life-changing mistakes of course...).



      You can safely ignore this part of my reply. This got me thinking anyway and I have a little rant of my own, mostly just want to type something out somewhere...

      Annoyed by the low level of feedback on some of my art stuff. Sometimes wonder if it's because people lack confidence to approach me, but often I end up feeling people just don't care enough individually to contribute with some feedback. Ends up making me feel frustrated at times. I try to make it pretty clear that I want and welcome feedback, heck even a "that's interesting but you could have done this" now and then would be nice, and I especially appreciate well-constructed or thought out feedback but so so rarely do get it from anyone at all. Likewise I can never get other artists within my sphere to engage with me quite enough, and when they do, the interaction or engagement sometimes just doesn't last... I always try to be supportive of other artists, especially if they are at a "lower" skill level than my current one, but for whatever reason nobody has ever done so with me. Makes me wonder what's the point of being nice sometimes, since I don't seem to get it back. I guess I'm hopeful I'm making someone else's world better, anyway...

      Random stray rant over...
      Ehh.. people are like that. We are all more focused on ourselves than others. But we usually mean well.

      I feel the same way, though, about my music. It's frustrating sometimes. Most people aren't going to bother listening, and those that do, some are not going to like it. But you know what? I don't care. I don't care because Nahiomy and Franceska and Naveah [students] love my songs. If you want to make someone else's world better - make art for children. Seriously, though, children's books need artists of all kinds.

      What also really matters, I think, is how we feel about our own art. People didn't really understand the genius of Van Gogh until after his death, you know? And there are so many other cases like that. We can't rely on external validation. We have to trust in ourselves. So make art for the sake of making art. Seeing progress, discovering and exploring... that's where it's at. Make art even if there's no one watching.


      Here's my rant: I can't get bandhug to work. I miss bandhub.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

    22. #19672
      He who has fume hood. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Draeger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      79
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Oh wow, you really do seem older than you are. I figured you were a college chemistry student or someone who works in chemistry. Please, please be careful. And don't do what I did. It was stupid. Yes, the rule was stupid, too, but not worth permanent damage (although I did get lucky and it healed up. Now that I think about it, I think it took a couple weeks). I should have used the shower, and then taken it up with administration. I certainly would do so now, I would NEVER do what I did then.

      I have to say this. Coming from a science teacher and a mom. I would not be buying a fume hood and working with dangerous chemicals while still in high school. You have plenty of time to continue your chemistry experiments when you're older and wiser, and with a few more courses in chemistry under your belt. Right now, you need to continue learning the basics from that teacher that you don't like so much. You may not like him, but he has a lot he can teach you. Over-confidence is dangerous.
      My teacher really is never going to teach us what we need to know, though. He is just an angry old man that can't make the best out of the students he has and spends most of the time trying to calm them down by screaming and slamming tables on the ground instead of making their actions have consequences that make them stop. And his lessons are German tests or math tests with astronomical numbers, and that's our grade. It's pretty silly how horrible his lessons are. I could do better lessons. Like, for example telling my students that there are elements, made of atoms, and all the other fundamentals, except of just putting my students to a gas burner and letting them make a piece of paper darken (isn't that a pretty big fire hazard anyway?) without even explaining what is happening. All that I know about chemistry is what I taught myself.

      Thanks for your recommendation not to do this right now, but I think I am ready. It's not like I am working with deadly stuff. I always have the safety set up like it all is though, and I slowly inch myself up. There's probably nothing I can say to make it look what I am doing is safe, but, like I said, I have all the safety set up like it should be.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.
      I have fume hood.

    23. #19673
      Shinigami - God of Thunder Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 6 months registered
      michael79's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      LD Count
      Too many
      Gender
      Location
      In between physical and astral plane
      Posts
      165
      Likes
      101
      DJ Entries
      8
      Finally finished developing my two most promising techniques for inducing a LD, only the the fun part remain, the beta testing
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

    24. #19674
      He who has fume hood. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Draeger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      79
      DJ Entries
      67
      I hate that every place I end up in already existed before I could speak English fluently and is already very inactive and possibly dying. Like, in this forum there are like 5 posts per day. I keep trying to think of some fun thread I could make so that lots of people get active again and stop lurking, but I just have nothing to say. I always find these hundreds of threads which are awesome, but like 1-17 years old, and I'd like to reply, but I know that it would probably be bad since it's very necroing and I likely wouldn't get an answer anyway. Definitely not from the original authors, though. If I do get any reply, it'd be like 1-2 replies from the few remaining people on this forum. It's sad.

      On a server I am on with many close friends, the server also got quite inactive since I have entered at a time where a lot of the people were currently shortly before having something happen to them that made them leave or die or just generally become inactive. I feel like I was just born too late, now the world is just in a declining state and all the forums are dying, everyone is going to social media and just become more and more ignorant. I will never experience some wonder of technology anymore. It seems like we've reached at a plateou of development. And who knows if the earth won't get more and more inhabitable to the point of no return.

      On quite a better note, the fan will probably arrive sometime soon, maybe already tomorrow. But what is bad is that it is only 10cm in diameter. My father said it will still work, but I don't think so. He always just does things, and automatically thinks he's always right. Idk, I know nothing about that so maybe I should just listen.

      I also hate how lucidity practice is quite draining to me. But I know that if I don't keep at it heavily now I won't reach anything, but I hope to see a sign of progression in the next 6 months. Preferably earlier, but I don't want to be greedy.

      That is all for now.
      Last edited by Draeger; 08-06-2020 at 10:41 PM. Reason: made a paragraph clear
      michael79 likes this.
      I have fume hood.

    25. #19675
      Moonage Daydreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      490
      Likes
      450
      DJ Entries
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by Draeger View Post
      I hate that every place I end up in already existed before I could speak English fluently and is already very inactive and possibly dying. Like, in this forum there are like 5 posts per day. I keep trying to think of some fun thread I could make so that lots of people get active again and stop lurking, but I just have nothing to say. I always find these hundreds of threads which are awesome, but like 1-17 years old, and I'd like to reply, but I know that it would probably be bad since it's very necroing and I likely wouldn't get an answer anyway. Definitely not from the original authors, though. If I do get any reply, it'd be like 1-2 replies from the few remaining people on this forum. It's sad.
      I say necro them. We would probably like chatting about that stuff anyways. And, if you ask me, people come before forum rules. Rules are only useful if they are helping, but the moment they hinder, I say screw em.


      *Disclaimer: Not an admin.. Don't blame me if you get in trouble *


      Edit: Specify here. For minor things like necro-ing or double posting occasionally. Never for things like harassment, racism, attacks, etc.
      Last edited by MoonageDaydream; 08-06-2020 at 11:19 PM.
      DarkestDarkness and Draeger like this.

    Similar Threads

    1. Rave/Techno/House Music
      By wasup in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 02-06-2012, 09:27 AM
    2. Rave
      By Lord Bennington in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-07-2009, 02:54 AM
    3. The Bestest Game Effer. Complain Abut Shizle
      By Neruo in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-07-2007, 05:05 PM
    4. You know how people complain of english in movies?
      By Crucible in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:35 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •