• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Thread: Epic lucids

    1. #1
      of the Daraarg Ghaerdon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      39
      Likes
      1

      Epic lucids

      Okey guys(an' girlies), please tell me of those epic lucids you've had... I need some serious inspiration, and I think that I can get it from this thread...

    2. #2
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Read Oneironaut's dreamjournal.

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    3. #3
      of the Daraarg Ghaerdon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      39
      Likes
      1
      Well... I've already done it... I want opinions from different kinds of people...

    4. #4
      Aware velinxs's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Plymouth, Minnesota
      Posts
      116
      Likes
      6
      well one time i decided i wanted to be a housecat and run around my buddies house catching mice. that was fun. turning into other people and seeing life from their point of view is also intense.

      oh and watching the creation of the universe is fun, that was like one of my first lucids and i got that 'ecstatic rush' with it, to this date my most valued experience of my life. i was a little kid floating in empty space (not like space space but rather pre-universe space) and watched the big bang and experienced the energy from it ~ it was beyond words. (i was also stoned like wow at the time so hard to remember explicitly)

      or playing your favorite music (for me it's trance, and literally playing it not just in your head) and then going up into the stars and dancing with the stars in a sort of outer-space visualizer. that was one i couldn't not do for the longest time cause it's so fun!
      Last edited by velinxs; 05-14-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: forgot some!
      “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

    5. #5
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4025
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      Read Oneironaut's dreamjournal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ghaerdon View Post
      Well... I've already done it... I want opinions from different kinds of people...
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    6. #6
      Member Robot_Butler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Tons
      Gender
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      6,320
      Likes
      798
      DJ Entries
      75
      I get these all the time. Check out my Dream Journal [/end shameless plug]

    7. #7
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Ghaerdon View Post
      Okey guys(an' girlies), please tell me of those epic lucids you've had... I need some serious inspiration, and I think that I can get it from this thread...
      I was at my peak of lucid dreaming discipline four years ago, which was when I first really learned to pull it off the right way. Here are some descriptions of my first major, major lucid dreams. (I really need to get disciplined again. )

      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=4342
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    8. #8
      of the Daraarg Ghaerdon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      39
      Likes
      1
      In this case, what do you mean with discipline? That was really awesome lucid... And to think that I have a higher goal... Whoooo---

    9. #9
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Ghaerdon View Post
      In this case, what do you mean with discipline? That was really awesome lucid... And to think that I have a higher goal... Whoooo---
      I described in the first post what I was doing to bring on lucids. I have slacked off with all of it.

      I talked about another lucid a few posts down. In that one, I went back in time to Woodstock, which took place (in the dream) across the street from an old friend's house. The performance was mind expanding and phenomenal.

      What is your lucid experience goal?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    10. #10
      of the Daraarg Ghaerdon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      39
      Likes
      1
      Wait a bit... I'm sorry for saying HIGHER goal... I mean't to say that I may have bigger one that you have... That is, to create my own dream world... Filled with thing that I want there to be... Here are couple of things:
      Some races that are only found in fantasy books and medieval setting(I'm not too fond of modern things).

    11. #11
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Ghaerdon View Post
      Wait a bit... I'm sorry for saying HIGHER goal... I mean't to say that I may have bigger one that you have... That is, to create my own dream world... Filled with thing that I want there to be... Here are couple of things:
      Some races that are only found in fantasy books and medieval setting(I'm not too fond of modern things).
      Oh yeah? Well I seek to find the secret of the universe!
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    12. #12
      Introspective Exploration Neville J's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      101
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Oh yeah? Well I seek to find the secret of the universe!
      Me 2! Let's find out...
      No seriously, I mean there is so much new stuff being discovered about the universe every day. But there is a limit to this. We can't look further than the horizon of about 13.7 billion lightyears away, and never will. The opposite side is quantum mechanics (weird stuff). So what about the subconscious. LDing is one of the many wonders of the universe IMO. I always wanna have epic dreams, although life itself can be pretty epic too.
      Lucid Dream Journal
      So many of our problems persist because we see them in only one way and keep beating our head against the same wall

    13. #13
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Neville J View Post
      Me 2! Let's find out...
      No seriously, I mean there is so much new stuff being discovered about the universe every day. But there is a limit to this. We can't look further than the horizon of about 13.7 billion lightyears away, and never will. The opposite side is quantum mechanics (weird stuff). So what about the subconscious. LDing is one of the many wonders of the universe IMO. I always wanna have epic dreams, although life itself can be pretty epic too.
      I was really joking about finding the secret of the universe just to screw with Ghaerdon for assuming he knows all of my lucid dreaming goals. However, I do seek higher states of consciousness in lucid dreams. I am talking about experiencing Nirvana for long periods at a time. I know it is possible, but I have not pulled it off yet. I briefly experienced something sort of like it in a non-lucid dream one time, but I want to be able to pull it off at will all the time.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    14. #14
      Introspective Exploration Neville J's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      101
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      I was really joking about finding the secret of the universe just to screw with Ghaerdon for assuming he knows all of my lucid dreaming goals. However, I do seek higher states of consciousness in lucid dreams. I am talking about experiencing Nirvana for long periods at a time. I know it is possible, but I have not pulled it off yet. I briefly experienced something sort of like it in a non-lucid dream one time, but I want to be able to pull it off at will all the time.
      The secret of the univese = 42
      That is what I mean with maybe the secret lies hidden in the subconscious, spiritually. Nirvana is the highest spiritual attainment in Buddhism. And I'm sure that is epic.
      Lucid Dream Journal
      So many of our problems persist because we see them in only one way and keep beating our head against the same wall

    15. #15
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Neville J View Post
      The secret of the univese = 42
      Hey, that is it! The search is now over.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Posts
      52
      Likes
      0
      I once had a dream where my friend killed our biology teacher and got sent to some school prison. So me and some other guys staged a jailbreak. Bullets and explosions everywhere

    17. #17
      Justin Smith
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      9
      Likes
      0
      I had an epic dream that was lucid at one point. It led to a full-length novel.

      It was really two dreams that ran concurrently (somehow, I had no trouble telling them apart). I was female in both (?!).

      Dream 1 took place in 16th century England. I was in a rich but abusive family that tried to take over the government. They would put me on the throne at the age of 15 because they could control me. The scheme failed (as I knew it would) and I was beheaded at the age of 16.

      Dream 2 took place in the near (but indefinite) future. I was also in a rich family but my parents were dead (possibly murdered). Associates of my grandfather tried to take over the family fortune by murdering me when I was 16 years old. I managed to escape and survive (and they had a falling-out and their conspiracy collapsed). I inherited the family fortune.

      In both dreams, I identified with the characters that represented me until the moment when they were about to die. Then I "woke up" and shouted to them to fight. Of course, in dream 1 there was nothing "I" could do because she was on a scaffold about to be beheaded. In dream 2, she managed to hit one of the murderers with a beer bottle (they were not too bright), sabotage their one working pistol, and dash out the door.

      Dream 2 became the novel.

      Dream 1 has elements of historical truth: In 16th century England, the Grey family (Henry Grey was a marquis, one step below a duke) tried to overthrow the government and put their daughter Jane Grey on the throne. She occupied it for 9 days and then was arrested and beheaded at the age of 16.
      "As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be Again, you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
      Justin

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •