• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 25 of 25
    1. #1
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1

      Cool Mirror reflection was perfectly clear ?

      So last night I had my FIRST ever lucid dream.
      I'm not sure how long it was because i don't remember all the details.

      Oh , by the way this is my first time posting.

      I found out about lucid dreaming because i'd get sp and it would freak me out, so i decided to do some research. I found out what it was, and it kinda scared me. I'd feel like, something sitting on my chest. And i remember this one time i saw a girl in a purple dress flying around my room, and she possessed my hamster. It was really creepy, woke up crying. Everytime i think about it, i start to tear up

      Well, then i came across lucid dreaming. I thought it was a bunch of bs. Really, control your own dreams? If you're asleep how's your mind awake?

      I couldn't be bothered to keep a dream journal so i was like, screw it. About a week ago i started researching again, but i hadn't found quite the right guide that explained it. The instructions weren't that clear.
      So i tried based on the worst instructions ever.


      What i understood was that you were supposed to wake up, so i set up my alarm, and when i woke up, i turned over and went back to sleep while thinking about having a lucid dream. Ultimate fail, of course.

      So last night i read a guide on here.
      Clairity's guide about WILDing.
      It was so .. perfect at explaining how I should do it.

      So my alarm woke me up at 3:10, after falling asleep at around 11.
      I went to go pee, and came back.
      I laid down on my back and just spoke to myself quietly in my mind. I would tell myself that soon i will be dreaming.
      I was telling myself that i will fly, and that i'll finally get my closure from my friend who passed away.
      I would count, and say i will be dreaming.
      and i'd say this over and over "just keep your mind awake, let your body fall asleep. stay aware."

      I kept swallowing, and then what ruined it all was a huge yawn, which i couldn't help. I was holding it in a long time.
      So i was like, kscrew it, its 5 in the morning, i've been trying for so long.
      I turn over on my side, and what do you know, i go into sleep paralasys.

      I dont know how i transition, don't quite remember because I was really excited. But then i was like, am i dreaming ?

      I get up and everythings so.. weird ? I felt like I was somewhat tipsy, and just smoked some weed.

      I look in the mirror, and i was like WAIT SOMEONE TOLD ME MY FACE COULD BE REALLY DISTORTED! but i looked anyways, and i was fine. For some reason, i thought i should lift up my shirt and examine my breasts, and they were fine.
      So i was like.. What now?

      I looked down at my right hand, and my fingers were SO UNEVEN ! Some were really long and thin, and others were short and stubby. I was like, I DIDDD ITTTTTTTTTTT!



      Then, i dont know how i did it, but i wound up on some road. And i saw a tree. And i told myself i will attempt to climb that tree and fly away ?

      I was climbing the tree, when some people my age (teens) come to talk to me.
      I forgot all about flying -slaps head- and talking to my friend

      I dont remember what we were talking about, but i remember i tried telling them they were in a dream.
      They looked at me like i was insane, and i was like YOU ARE I PROMISE !

      Then i ended up at my house and my dad saw a phone number that one of the kids gave me (i dont know how that happened)
      and he started yelling at me.

      I had lost control by then, because i wasn't able to do what I wanted anymore.



      I dont know how often i can try this. I don't mind trying everynight, but if you guys say that chances are ill only get about 1 a week, then i wont try so much ? I don't mind not sleeping on school nights by the way.

      Anyways, just wanted to get some thoughts on this?
      I really thought my mirror face would be all scary looking.
      And why did I let myself get distraced?
      And.. it's possible to lose control right?

      I thought i lost control when i got distracted, but i was telling them i was in a dream, so i must've still been lucid.

      THOUGHTS ANYONEEE? (:

    2. #2
      Walker Evercy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      3
      Holy effing hell, what you said about a girl with a purple dress possessing your hamster totally freaked me out . Anyways, good job! Not many people learn how to lucid dream as fast as you, It took me like three months to have my first one.

      And I lol'd when I read about you checking your breasts. That's kinda a weird thing to do...

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Wow, very nice! =D Congrats.
      My fingers usually look all even, with an extra finger added on. Sometimes I get a tiny, stubby little finger though, which creeps me out. ^^;

      Sometimes things in your dream turn out perfectly even and normal, like your reflection. That happened to me once, too, where it was normal-looking. I'm surprised it turned out that way, though, since you were expecting it to be distorted and wierd.

      Some aspects of dream control work better with some people and worse with others. I have a hard time flying, but a great time changing locations and summoning dream characters. It is possible to lose control if it's only your first few times lucid dreaming.

    4. #4
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Evercy View Post
      Holy effing hell, what you said about a girl with a purple dress possessing your hamster totally freaked me out . Anyways, good job! Not many people learn how to lucid dream as fast as you, It took me like three months to have my first one.

      And I lol'd when I read about you checking your breasts. That's kinda a weird thing to do...
      evercy; honestly, i was scared to death. i couldn't move, i just watched. at first she was like sitting on my chest, and when she dissapeared into my hamsters cage my hamster went CRAZY. then i like.. regained full conciousness of my body and fell back asleep. it was .. so scary. ;[ i can't even explain how helpless i felt.

      i have this irrational fear of like being STUCK..
      like vents freak me out.
      the thought of being buried alive freaks me out.

      the thought of getting stuck under the bed D;

      i guess it was easier for me because i had a background of random sleep paralasys, and i never let it go further than that. just me freaking out.

      and yeah, i dont know why i randomly lifted up my shirt ?
      Last edited by hardc0re; 11-18-2009 at 04:48 AM.
      hey there.

    5. #5
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Demara View Post
      Wow, very nice! =D Congrats.
      My fingers usually look all even, with an extra finger added on. Sometimes I get a tiny, stubby little finger though, which creeps me out. ^^;

      Sometimes things in your dream turn out perfectly even and normal, like your reflection. That happened to me once, too, where it was normal-looking. I'm surprised it turned out that way, though, since you were expecting it to be distorted and wierd.

      Some aspects of dream control work better with some people and worse with others. I have a hard time flying, but a great time changing locations and summoning dream characters. It is possible to lose control if it's only your first few times lucid dreaming.
      i honestly felt so proud, i told like all my friends. most thought i was crazy. (:

      and i'm glad i decided to look at my hands, otherwise i might've missed it? right ? i dont know, i'm new to this and it gets me so excited thinking about it. (:

      what do you mean make dream characters ? the people in my dream i did not know, but they were friendly.
      people were talking about killing their dream characters. is that like bad to do?

      OH i do remember i was telling the girl in my dream that i should be able to jump , and i tried but it didnt really.. go as i expected. i have high hopes for the future. (:
      hey there.

    6. #6
      Member Serith's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      435
      Likes
      1
      Wow, not only a quick first lucid, but it's WILD. I still haven't ever been able to get WILD to work for me. It's good that works for you, WILD is usually by far the most reliable and powerful technique.

      Yeah, the first time I saw a mirror in a lucid dream, it was normal for me too. I think mirrors aren't particularly wierd unless you really expect them to be, or if you start doing things like asking your reflection questions, or reaching into the mirror. I tried to shake my reflection's hand for a lucid task of the month a year or two ago, and reflections in lucid dreams have been really weird since.

      Getting distracted is quite common, most of us aren't very focused in dreams. It's generally recommended for you to pick one goal for your next lucid dream, and think back to it often. If you have a bunch of goals in mind none will really stand out, and if you don't have any obviously you'll just do whatever comes to mind at the time, but if you have a single goal in mind, you're much more likely to do what you've planned to do.

    7. #7
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Serith View Post
      Wow, not only a quick first lucid, but it's WILD. I still haven't ever been able to get WILD to work for me. It's good that works for you, WILD is usually by far the most reliable and powerful technique.

      Yeah, the first time I saw a mirror in a lucid dream, it was normal for me too. I think mirrors aren't particularly wierd unless you really expect them to be, or if you start doing things like asking your reflection questions, or reaching into the mirror. I tried to shake my reflection's hand for a lucid task of the month a year or two ago, and reflections in lucid dreams have been really weird since.

      Getting distracted is quite common, most of us aren't very focused in dreams. It's generally recommended for you to pick one goal for your next lucid dream, and think back to it often. If you have a bunch of goals in mind none will really stand out, and if you don't have any obviously you'll just do whatever comes to mind at the time, but if you have a single goal in mind, you're much more likely to do what you've planned to do.
      I didnt expect for it to work, but i was so determined. I told my friend "i'm going to try to lucid dream, and i BETTER do it." aha, i was so pumped (:

      and.. thats freaky. when i read creepy things like that, i start to tear up, lmao. i just started tearing up reading that. i don't think i would have enough courage to reach out and touch my reflection and shake hands. if my dream starts out in my room, then ill have to deal with the mirror because i have a huge one in my room.

      i'll try to get a goal, and i HAD one ! i was going to fly ! but for some reason i forgot all about it. i'm not sure what i should try for starters.
      hey there.

    8. #8
      Member Serith's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      435
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by hardc0re View Post
      and.. thats freaky. when i read creepy things like that, i start to tear up, lmao. i just started tearing up reading that. i don't think i would have enough courage to reach out and touch my reflection and shake hands. if my dream starts out in my room, then ill have to deal with the mirror because i have a huge one in my room.
      Yeah, it got really frightening after that, I'll not go into details if that kind of thing freaks you out. I used to be the same way with frightening things, but it really does help to confront the things that scare you. I made it my goal after that to demand my reflection tell me why it acted that way, and after I succeeded, it was never threatening again, merely strange and chaotic. Occasionally it's even been friendly.

      i'll try to get a goal, and i HAD one ! i was going to fly ! but for some reason i forgot all about it. i'm not sure what i should try for starters.
      Flying is a good starting goal. That's the first one I had, although it took me a while before I was successful, and I had to complete a couple of other goals to make it work. It also helps to plan out exactly how you'll do it. Focus on one technique you think will work, but make sure you know a few others just in case.

    9. #9
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      what do you mean ?
      there's different tecniques to flying in your dreams ?
      i was just going to climb the tree and jump off, but you know.
      it might have not worked.
      hey there.

    10. #10
      Member Serith's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      435
      Likes
      1
      I tried jumping off a flight of stairs when I first started to try flying, and it didn't work. I wasn't hurt, but it was kind of embarrassing. On the other hand, most of the times I was successful I also started by jumping. You should probably figure out what exactly you'll be doing after you jump that'll keep you from just landing on the ground.

      There's lots of stuff you can do, what works varies from person to person. You could try using telekinesis, or floating on the wind like a kite, or swimming through the air, or flapping your arms, or using a jetpack, or growing wings, or anything, really. My (limited) success has been with the first two things. Be creative, and do what makes the most sense to you.

    11. #11
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      i would defenetly like to try again sometime soon,
      but who knows the next time ill have a LD?


      I'm not really sure how to.. control it.
      Like i understand the basics of it.
      but i dont know how to make stuff appear, how to make people appear for example.
      like my friends.
      i'll just make another thread asking around. (:
      hey there.

    12. #12
      bro
      USA bro is offline
      WILD student
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Near to New York
      Posts
      2,058
      Likes
      93
      Nicely done..

      You're on your way to more lucid dreams no doubt.

      I'd suggest getting on a reality check routine, for example I bought a digital watch and it goes off on the hour, then I do a nose reality check as trying to read my watch, good tip-offs to check if you're indeed dreaming.

      Another thing, it seems you've got good recall and with that, a good chance at becoming lucid. The next time you do become aware, do nothing. I'm not kidding, try to just sit down wherever in you dream-scape you are and just examine your surroundings, feel the ground, grass, move slowly and deliberately, try the spin method..doing these things will likely make you more confident that you can control the dream. Once you're more confident that you can stabilize it, then slowly begin to exert control.

      Most of all, calmness is essential, a big barrier for me, I get very excited.

      Also, I've had much success by using a combination of WILD/MILD during an afternoon nap, try some auto-suggestion while dosing off for a nap, "The next thing I'm going to see is a dream, all in my head"..that really does work for me.

      Best of luck
      Brothers & Sisters in Dreams

    13. #13
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
      Nicely done..

      You're on your way to more lucid dreams no doubt.

      I'd suggest getting on a reality check routine, for example I bought a digital watch and it goes off on the hour, then I do a nose reality check as trying to read my watch, good tip-offs to check if you're indeed dreaming.

      Another thing, it seems you've got good recall and with that, a good chance at becoming lucid. The next time you do become aware, do nothing. I'm not kidding, try to just sit down wherever in you dream-scape you are and just examine your surroundings, feel the ground, grass, move slowly and deliberately, try the spin method..doing these things will likely make you more confident that you can control the dream. Once you're more confident that you can stabilize it, then slowly begin to exert control.

      Most of all, calmness is essential, a big barrier for me, I get very excited.

      Also, I've had much success by using a combination of WILD/MILD during an afternoon nap, try some auto-suggestion while dosing off for a nap, "The next thing I'm going to see is a dream, all in my head"..that really does work for me.

      Best of luck
      I dont think i was fully in control.
      I mean, i could tell myself what i wanted to do, but i didn't actually do it because i got distracted.
      i'm not sure how good my recall is exactly, but i don't keep a journal. i usually had nightmares for a couple of years, and most of the time i remembered my dreams, and sometimes i wish i didnt.

      i got excited, but i can't explain how at the same time i was mellowed out. when i was walking across my room everything was just so tipsy and blurry and i had trouble walking, it was awkward at first. then i began to be more coordinated with walking.

      doesn't it take long to get into the WILD during a nap ? won't that take a long time ?
      hey there.

    14. #14
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      By making/summoning dream characters, you simply expect someone to be behind you or around the corner. You can also expectantly call their name and they'll come. It can be anyone you know, or a new person.

    15. #15
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      So you just imagine someone ?
      Say you wanted to picture like a random character,
      how would you control what they looked like ?
      hey there.

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Yeah, you imagine in your mind that the person's about to come around the corner or open a door, etc, and come into view. You visualize them and they'll appear. Pretty simple, but it may take a bit of practice.

    17. #17
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      i'll defenetly try that.
      except my sleep pattern is kind of messed up.
      so i'm having trouble getting more lucids.
      hey there.

    18. #18
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by hardc0re
      at first she was like sitting on my chest
      I'm not surprised at all. Your description of a lady with a purple dress (i presume her to be a witch) sitting on your chest reminds me of so many descriptions of sleep paralysis I've heard of. Since your chest is rising and falling of it's own accord in SP, it can feel like a heavy weight. A classic hallucination for one to have is known as "old hag's syndrome" which involves a deformed old lady/witch to be perched atop one's chest.

      Quote Originally Posted by hardc0re
      I looked down at my right hand, and my fingers were SO UNEVEN ! Some were really long and thin, and others were short and stubby.
      Exact thing happened to me.

      Quote Originally Posted by hardc0re
      I kept swallowing, and then what ruined it all was a huge yawn, which i couldn't help. I was holding it in a long time.
      LOL!! That comes across as so funny to me. Everybody has to deal with the swallowing reflex during WILDS, and some people just can't WILD for that reason. But if you endure through it, i will often pay off. I have yawned before during WILDs, but not very often.

      Quote Originally Posted by hardc0re
      I dont remember what we were talking about, but i remember i tried telling them they were in a dream.
      They looked at me like i was insane, and i was like YOU ARE I PROMIS
      Next time, pull a wand from your pocket and aim it at the sky. Make blue lightning flash, and black couds swarm around above you. Make a puff of wind carry you friends up into the sky. Bring them back down, and say, do you believe me now?

      I really thought my mirror face would be all scary looking.
      DIfferent things happen to different people. I've heard of normal looking people who terrify themselves, I've heard of ugly looking people, and I've heard of just plain.

      And why did I let myself get distraced?
      It's quite easy. People do it all the time. When you get too involved in then dream evironment, you quickly forget your goals. You aren't as smart in a dream as you are in waking life.

      And.. it's possible to lose control right?
      In a way, yes. If you doubt yourself, or get frustrated, you will often lose control. Confidence is the key. Even the subconcious notion that you might not be able to do it is often enough to make you lose control, in my experience anyways.

      Congrats on your first ld!

    19. #19
      Reality check! hardc0re's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      1
      Oh man, you broke down my whole post,
      thanks (:
      you cleared up some issues.


      I would've pulled out a wand if i knew how to D;
      They weren't even my friends.

      Everytime people talk about DC's they sound so creepy? The things they say to convince you you're not dreaming is weird.
      hey there.

    20. #20
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      thanks (:
      you cleared up some issues.
      No prob.

    21. #21
      Member Serith's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      435
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by hardc0re View Post
      I would've pulled out a wand if i knew how to D;
      They weren't even my friends.

      Every time people talk about DC's they sound so creepy? The things they say to convince you you're not dreaming is weird.

      If you reach into your pockets in a dream to get something, the thing you're looking for is usually there. Think of it this way. When you are dreaming, you usually don't remember putting on the pants you find yourself wearing, so naturally you wouldn't remember what's in the pockets, so it makes sense to find all kinds of things there. Even if you don't find what you're looking for, you often can find all kinds of interesting things.

      DCs are kind of weird when you're lucid. I think it's because when you're lucid, you're already using most of your logical faculties, so there's not always enough left over for the DCs to act intelligently. Occasionally though, you will find some that are very intelligent, and have fascinating conversations that are almost always forgotten by the time you wake up .

    22. #22
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      8
      Likes
      0

      Exclamation Dream Creatures

      Can it be people from TV or films? or does it have to be a real person (sum1 you no)?

    23. #23
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30
      I hope you enjoyed it How vivid was it?

    24. #24
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      8
      Likes
      0
      It was very vivid I saw everything

    25. #25
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30
      Not you, the thread maker.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •