• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 164
    1. #1
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39

      Are You Truly Self-aware?

      Are you truly self-aware that I am you, and you are me?
      Lucidity Now...


      If you haven't already started to, dont you think it's about time that you woke up?...
      We are all collectively staring into the looking glass of infinity in order to distract ourselves from the fact, WE ARE ALONE...

      "This distinction between past, present, and future
      is only an illusion" -Albert Einstein

      Some people say, 'The shortest distance between two points is, a straight line.'
      Well, I always say, 'The shortest distance between two points is, to realize there is no point.'
      -Me

      The reason I started with some pictures, questions, and quotes is because that generally gets your thoughts flowing, and questioning which is a good thing. Kind of like what Zen Buddhists do when meditating, which they call, a 'koan' - a story, dialogue, question, or statement, generally containing aspects that are inaccessible to rational understanding, yet that may be accessible to intuition.

      Now that I got you accessing your intuition why not try and use it?

      The universe is fundamentally flawed in that everything here has substance yet the universe itself is infinite. Wait a minute...Go back a second... Everything here is FINITE, yet INFINITE at the same time!? That in it's own right means it should cancel itself out as an absurd paradox, yet here we are, seemingly existing as happy ignorant clams.



      What if I were to tell you that everyone and everything outside of yourself is a lie? Is that really so hard to believe? We do it to ourselves all the time in our dreams, how is this ANY different? We can only verify 'self' so why work from anywhere but there?

      As the self-aware self, we need to step away from any separation we may have from any object here. Remember, we all came from the FINITE objects within INIFINTY, right? That means we, too, are INFINITY... Now it's time to try and be aware of that fact...

      (If you followed some of my previous posts perhaps you'll recognize this)
      There are two things we can choose to do in this life...

      (Heading towards '0') Eternal Escape of Truth...where you remain in the middle of this dream taking turns being everyone and everything, one by one, thinking that all these simple FINITE figments of collective imagination are more than something you, as INFINITY created.
      Or,
      (Heading towards '1') Eternal Pursuit of Truth...where you confront this psychosis called reality head on, and realize that in the end it can ONLY be you that exists.


      An 'Absolute Truth', just like the idea of 'Absolute Zero' is an unattainable thing. Yet some of us choose to search for it. Hopefully, you are never satisfied at any point we are currently in, in this contradictory universe, because you would realize we are still at a meaningless truth. Even science is working within FINITE reasoning to explain INFINITY. Pretty redundant, no? Everything basically boils down to a contradiction. Any answer we get, will be followed with another question...endless loops...infinity...

      The question you should ask yourself is, which direction in this paradox are you heading in this life?
      Away from that self-realization, or towards it...

      It's quite simple you either head towards, 'alpha' or 'omega', a '1' or a '0'...in this binary universe.




      Which are you?...'1'...or...'0'?

      Naturally, I'm a '1' person myself. Not that it matters because zero and infinity are different degrees of the same value.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    2. #2
      Member becomingagodo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      In bed
      Posts
      720
      Likes
      1
      I am I numeber.

    3. #3
      pj
      pj is offline
      Dreamer pj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Posts
      3,596
      Likes
      5
      "This distinction between past, present, and future
      is only an illusion" -Albert Einstein
      (snip)
      It&#39;s quite simple you either head towards, &#39;alpha&#39; or &#39;omega&#39;, a &#39;1&#39; or a &#39;0&#39;...in this binary universe.[/b]
      But what does any of this mean outside of time, as time itself seems to be part of the illusion? How can one "head toward" anything?

      For that matter, as all matter is wave as well as particle, what does matter even mean outside of time? (After all, a wave cannot be defined without a time element.)

      If time is an illusion, then so must matter be.

      How can we even define consciousness outside of time?

      Your post could well end with the Einstein quote, methinks - as could all of "reality".
      On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

      The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.
      --Chinese Proverb

      Raised Jdeadevil
      Raised and raised by Eligos
      Dream Journal
      The Fine Print: Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed are MINE.

    4. #4
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Q:How can we even define consciousness outside of time?

      A:When you get there you wont need to. That&#39;s the point.


      Any truth I say is a contradiction because this reality is a contradiction. If anyone disagrees, I&#39;m ultimately just argueing with myself.



      Buddhist monks would say once you realize the real truth behind everything all you have left to do is laugh because it&#39;s so absurd.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    5. #5
      pj
      pj is offline
      Dreamer pj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Posts
      3,596
      Likes
      5
      Ah. Of course.

      Silly me.
      On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

      The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.
      --Chinese Proverb

      Raised Jdeadevil
      Raised and raised by Eligos
      Dream Journal
      The Fine Print: Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed are MINE.

    6. #6
      Wanderer Merlock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Location
      On a journey
      Posts
      2,039
      Likes
      2
      I don&#39;t understand this. You&#39;re mixing together the concept of the physical universe and our mental state. Surely, a lucid dreamer and someone with a deep outlook on existence such as yourself should see that our consciousness exists independant of our physical state within this current world and life?
      So what does the expanding universe have to do with self-realisation?
      Also, I hope all the above isn&#39;t leading to the all-too-common blasphemy of "we are all ultimately part of one being in existence"? (Seeing how the meaning of existence is in experiences).

    7. #7
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Quote Originally Posted by pj View Post
      Ah. Of course.

      Silly me.
      [/b]
      You mean, Silly me.

      er...


      Be it telescope, or microscope...existence never ends...infinite

      Thus it is pertinant to say, getting caught up in anything other than yourself is a distraction from the fact you are alone, would it not?


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    8. #8
      Wanderer Merlock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Location
      On a journey
      Posts
      2,039
      Likes
      2
      No because that is the same as saying there is only one being in existence, just with slightly different technicalities.

      You are never alone. The meaning of existence may be in experiences but aside from physical experiences in this given realm we have mental ones and the most important of such is the interaction with other beings, the beings that exist aside each other and share their experiences.

    9. #9
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Ok, so you choose to live in the dream, and escape the truth. That&#39;s fine by me.

      Eternity alone obviously got boring that&#39;s why I&#39;m here on my way back up to realizing that, right?


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    10. #10
      Wanderer Merlock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Location
      On a journey
      Posts
      2,039
      Likes
      2
      You hit the nail on the head. We&#39;re here because ultimate existence (the combination of ultimate knowledge and ultimate power) has no meaning in it. Any experiences would have no meaning unless we exist in a world with limits on both knowledge and power (ability).
      However, don&#39;t make it sound like something lowly to not yearn for ultimate knowledge because I don&#39;t know about you but I, personally, won&#39;t want to be corrupted.
      Power corrupts, knowledge corrupts. Thus, ultimate power corrupts ultimately, ultimate knowledge corrupts ultimately. I want to remain myself, I don&#39;t want to lose my identity and though I already have a way to access both the above mentioned I will not do so in fear of corruption, I will remain here and live a life of meaning.

    11. #11
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      I agree. As I poignantly posted in another thread. I envy those that cant or dont understand.

      The less people know, the happier they are, and the more they want to know...
      The converse: The more people know, the less happy they are, and the less they want to know...

      Solid, Empty Nothing...You strive towards perfection only to do all you can to forget it once you get there...again, endless loops...infinity...wheeee

      Two sides of the same coin..the universe... one giant... catch 22



      That&#39;s mainly why I have the tattoo of happiness on the back of my neck where I know I&#39;ll never see it....knowing full and well anything I see in the mirror outside of &#39;self&#39; isn&#39;t real happiness but quite rather it&#39;s opposite...true happiness is only found within...(the faint colored veiny look is intentionally added)

      (Check it out, the character for happiness is actually + - = - + arranged vertically. I realized that when I tripping hardcore and saw everything broken down to it&#39;s simplest form)


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    12. #12
      Wanderer Merlock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Location
      On a journey
      Posts
      2,039
      Likes
      2
      Exactly, then why do you strive for it? I would see no reason to do so unless your current life has lost all meaning.

    13. #13
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Lack of anything better to do? Pursuit of Truth?

      If you knew anything you accomplished or did here held no meaning, pertinence, or relevance to truth, what do you do then? How can you just return to ignorance, forget what you realized, sit back, and enjoy the ride when you already know everything is of your mind? To me, existence has already been a joke for quite some time now.

      Now, I just do things to pass my time where I have fleeting moments of forgetting I&#39;m alone...such as this...er...


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    14. #14
      Amateur WILDer
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      978
      Likes
      11
      I think if I had a choice, I&#39;d rather re-live life as random people, with no recollection of my previous life each time I come around.

      I don&#39;t like the idea of knowing that I&#39;m aware forever - it actually scares me - but maybe because I still haven&#39;t reached "enlightenment".

      Having infinite loops living as person x - it would give me something to do in the meantime

    15. #15
      Wanderer Merlock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Location
      On a journey
      Posts
      2,039
      Likes
      2
      Hold there, "everything is of my own mind"? Hah, that&#39;s the point, it isn&#39;t part of your mind, it isn&#39;t now, that&#39;s the meaning behind it.

      In the end, I don&#39;t think you mean what you&#39;re saying to the full degree of dedication, however, I pity you for the reason that you have this outlook nonetheless. It can only mean that you have no true meaning in this life, no one to care for, no one to live for.

      Notice how I said "no one" and not "nothing"? Exactly, just as I&#39;ve said before, people are more important than objects/concepts. Don&#39;t take life for granted, it brings more than just physical experiences.

      Edit: Scratch "physical", better to go with "selfish" but not in an insulting manner, in the literal sense of what the word means.

    16. #16
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Quote Originally Posted by blade5x View Post
      I think if I had a choice, I&#39;d rather re-live life as random people, with no recollection of my previous life each time I come around.

      I don&#39;t like the idea of knowing that I&#39;m aware forever - it actually scares me - but maybe because I still haven&#39;t reached "enlightenment".

      Having infinite loops living as person x - it would give me something to do in the meantime
      [/b]
      As I said earlier... ignorance is bliss...



      Quote Originally Posted by blade5x View Post
      Hold there, "everything is of my own mind"? Hah, that&#39;s the point, it isn&#39;t part of your mind, it isn&#39;t now, that&#39;s the meaning behind it.

      In the end, I don&#39;t think you mean what you&#39;re saying to the full degree of dedication, however, I pity you for the reason that you have this outlook nonetheless. It can only mean that you have no true meaning in this life, no one to care for, no one to live for.

      Notice how I said "no one" and not "nothing"? Exactly, just as I&#39;ve said before, people are more important than objects/concepts. Don&#39;t take life for granted, it brings more than just physical experiences.

      Edit: Scratch "physical", better to go with "selfish" but not in an insulting manner, in the literal sense of what the word means.
      [/b]
      I guess, we all have our idols. I never saw people as that important, self-important maybe. But thats just another contradiction in a sea of contradiction.

      Personally, I enjoy music if you haven&#39;t already checked out my signature. Doing music helps me forget, and just enjoy myself. It&#39;s a great meditative tool and it&#39;s great to impress yourself with something you didn&#39;t even know you created.

      I dunno, realizing this fact isn&#39;t all bad. The more I realize everything is of me the more I seem to have &#39;coincidence&#39;-esque situations where I can seemingly manipulate the things around me that, for all intents and purposes, shouldn&#39;t be able to.

      There was this one time, where I got really angry about something and demonstrated how I saw the event unfold, and the moment I said to the person, LOOK. YOU&#39;RE WRONG&#33;&#33;&#33; there was a minor 5 second earthquake. It was such perfect timing it had us both doing double takes. Personally, I thought I was dreaming for a second then we started laughing at the sheer timing of it all. I&#39;m sure it was coincidence but what is coincidence other than, two seemingly impossible events happening at the same time?

      Another example recently, I was doing sit ups on the floor in my room, and finished. Suddenly, I had the urge to look at one of the 250+ records I have in record bags my room, for some odd reason (I used to be a DJ). I sat there thinking that was quite odd considering I had long since sold my turntables, and as I stared at the record, my cell phone rang. It turns out it was tower records letting me know the date on that SAME artist&#39;s upcoming album had been pushed back a month. Funny, because I didnt even remember asking them to call me as it had been so long ago...maybe 4-5months? You know what the title of the album was? BT: This Binary Universe... Those moments just make me laugh.

      What else can you do in those moments other than laugh and say &#39;Why you little...I mean...Why me little...I mean?&#39;.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    17. #17
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Posts
      20
      Likes
      0
      hmmm...
      meditate on LSD anyone ?

    18. #18
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      You may or may not have noticed that weird wicker basket around my friends head in our artist picture. That&#39;s actually him as a Komuso monk. The wicker baskets are to show their detachment from this reality.


      (Komuso monk playing shakuhachi...)

      During the medieval period of Japan, shakuhachi were most notable for their role in the Fuke sect of Zen Buddhist monks, known as komuso ("priests of nothingness"), who used the shakuhachi as a spiritual tool. Their songs (called "koten honkyoku") were paced according to the players&#39; breathing and were considered meditation (suizen) as much as music.
      Travel around Japan was restricted by the shogunate at this time, but the Fuke sect managed to wrangle an exemption from the Shogun, since their spiritual practice required them to move from place to place playing the shakuhachi and begging for alms (one famous song reflects this mendicant tradition, "hi fu mi hachi gaeshi", "one two three pass the alms bowl"). They persuaded the Shogun to give them "exclusive rights" to play the instrument. In return, some were required to spy for the shogunate, and the Shogun sent several of his own spies out in the guise of Fuke monks as well. (This was made easier by the wicker baskets that the Fuke wore over their heads, a symbol of their detachment from the world.)
      In response to these developments, several particularly difficult honkyoku pieces became well-known as "tests": if you could play them, you were a real Fuke (e.g. shika no tone). If you couldn&#39;t, you were probably a spy and might very well be killed if you were in unfriendly territory.


      This has very little to do with my point but still interesting, none the less...(Sidenote: We add this instrument into our music.)

      It seems most japanese have all but forgotten their own pasts...quite sad actually...
      Now, superficiality is the prevalent power governing most people&#39;s sad existence.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    19. #19
      Member gregash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      110
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by SolSkye View Post
      What if I were to tell you that everyone and everything outside of yourself is a lie? Is that really so hard to believe? We do it to ourselves all the time in our dreams, how is this ANY different? We can only verify &#39;self&#39; so why work from anywhere but there?[/b]
      Have you been reading up on buddhism by any chance? Personally, I&#39;ve just recently begun my journey on the Path and I know I have a lot to understand about the truth of reality and have a long way to go before I realise true enlightenment.

      That being said, do you really believe in an infinite existence and yet YOU are the only thing that truly exists? If everything outside of one&#39;s self is a lie, wouldn&#39;t it be logical to assume that the self is also a lie? I wholeheartedly agree that it is unwise to look for truth in one&#39;s surroundings and one only needs to look within to find truth but I would also say that one should learn to live in harmony with the interconnected, interdependent nature of reality.

    20. #20
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      In order for what you said to be true, it would have to imply that the &#39;self&#39; and infinity are two separate entities entirely.

      Basically, what I&#39;ve been saying is the &#39;self&#39; IS infinity therefore, nothing else extending seemingly outward of you has any separation, distinction, or real meaning behind it. You are everything, and everything is you. Ultimately alone as one. self-imposed fragmentation as a distraction from that simple truth.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    21. #21
      Member gregash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      110
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by SolSkye View Post
      Basically, what I&#39;ve been saying is the &#39;self&#39; IS infinity therefore, nothing else extending seemingly outward of you has any separation, distinction, or real meaning behind it. You are everything, and everything is you. Ultimately alone as one. self-imposed fragmentation as a distraction from that simple truth.
      [/b]
      For the sake of the discussion, let&#39;s think of infinity as the ocean and you are one small drop of water. Would you say that your drop of water is the ocean? Or that everyone should think that their one drop of water is the only drop of water in the entire ocean? No.

      I believe everything is connected, all of existence is one, but that is not to say I am the one. There is a subtle difference.

    22. #22
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      To see a difference, is to limit how big your drop is or can become. I see no difference. I am confident the more prevalent that feeling is the bigger that drop becomes until hopefully there is no more drop, only ocean.

      At that time, by all rights who I am now will disappear and cease to matter the more one begins to understand.

      Remember: The more you hold onto that separation, the more you limit yourself.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    23. #23
      Member gregash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      110
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by SolSkye View Post
      I am confident the more prevalent that feeling is the bigger that drop becomes until hopefully there is no more drop, only ocean.
      [/b]
      So you&#39;re going to absorb the universe?

      Did you get this idea from the website you linked to in the beginning post or from your studies in a specific religion? The only reason I ask is that what your talking about sounds like the eastern, more-or-less buddhist idea of no ego except with a western, self-centered twist to it.

      So basically, I say that one can become one with the ocean and you say that one can become the ocean.

    24. #24
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      I didn&#39;t take any of my thought process&#39; from that site, or any religion really. I have found similar information in things outside myself, but put no stake in anything other than myself. Long story short, I&#39;ve thought this way on my own for some time now. Basically, on that site I found some of the explanations and pictures pertaining to breaking everything down to absolutes, but by no means did I sit there and read everything on there so in no way can I endorse that site. Skimming it, I found it interesting, is all.


      In any event, saying &#39;absorb&#39; still shows that you see a distinction, a motivation, a separate ego. The more one realizes that there is no distinction the less our &#39;ego&#39; (by societal definitions of the word) comes into play, or becomes necessary. That is the real thing current goverments fear losing. Losing their grip on people becoming self-aware. Only since the rise the materialistic ways of thinking of the west, have power domineering ways of thinking become the new pastime. Before that point, we as a species worked on ourselves and the world around us, as one.

      Currently, on the whole, we have become sheep that have been bred to idolize material goods and superficiality. We look up to supermodels, and superstars as these important beings and in turn see ourselves as lesser beings, be it consciously or subconsciously. Most of us get caught up in all the trivial meaningless distractions of life, and try to do anything to keep from looking inwards; TV, shopping, and other mindless distractions at all times of the day. All there to keep you from looking inward. We are told to go to school, so we can get a job, in order to buy useless things we have been told we need. None of those things matter. As an interconnected unit, we have ignored ourselves far too long now. As a result, global population has spiraled out of control, we are at the brink of destroying our planet, and expending resources at a faster rate than we can replenish them without a care in the world. Why is that? In essence, if you ignore yourself, you ignore the environment around you... Other animals understand things more than we give them credit for.


      We should be concentrating on ourselves, and truth, because we are infinity realizing itself. Some choose to acknowledge that fact while others hide from it in this meaningless material dream. It&#39;s coming back to bite us in the ass, though, as everything does. Everything always comes about full circle.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    25. #25
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      Let me get this right...

      One becomes self aware by realizing that they have no self and that they are infinity? And therefore since all is contained within oneself, all the answers, the truth, can be had by merely looking within oneself? That the "physical" aspect of the universe does not exist since everything is a perception?

    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •