• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 24 of 24
    Like Tree9Likes
    • 1 Post By Gnostic
    • 1 Post By Universal Mind
    • 2 Post By snoop
    • 1 Post By Alric
    • 1 Post By Darkmatters
    • 1 Post By kadie
    • 1 Post By Darkmatters
    • 1 Post By Universal Mind

    Thread: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

    1. #1
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      76
      Likes
      33

      Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

      Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

      "Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

      I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

      Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

      Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

      What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

      Regards
      DL
      EbbTide000 likes this.

    2. #2
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      God put a fruit near Adam and Eve and told them not to eat it although God knew that if they did eat it he would punish every person who ever lived after that. Putting it there was therefore the right thing to do. Adam and Even were the first humans, but if they hadn't eaten the fruit, none of the billions of humans that followed would have eaten one of those things. Adam and Eve had no knowledge of evil, yet they chose evil, knowing that it is evil to choose evil. They messed up, and that is why we wear clothes today.

      That really happened.
      DeviantThinker likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      131
      Likes
      139
      Because Eve and hence all women are just deformed ribs?

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,711
      Likes
      1207
      Eve also knew as well as Adam that they were not to eat the fruit. However, not only did she disobey God and eat the fruit, like Adam, but she actually convinced Adam to do it too (believing a snake's word over the word of God). That's two transgressions versus one. Whether or not you want to argue that the disobedience should have been punishable as well is something in its own right, but your argument that Eve was less guilty than Adam is wrong. Eve committed an additional transgression, Adam only committed one.
      DeviantThinker and OneUp like this.

    5. #5
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      708
      It is because the bible was written in a male dominate society that saw woman as little more than slaves, so of course that will be reflected in their writing.
      kadie likes this.

    6. #6
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5834
      DJ Entries
      172
      ^ Which is also because this:

      When a culture determines that the avoidance of shame is necessary no matter what the cost, the result is a culture of fanaticism, bizarre behavior in the name of "honor"; and simultaneously the cultural oppression, subjugation, and humiliation of women and others perceived as "weak" (and therefore "shameful"). It also inevitably results in the projection of one's own unacceptable behavior and shameful feelings onto another individual or an outside group.
      From this article: SHAME, THE ARAB PSYCHE, AND ISLAM

      And of course, I realize the article is focused on Islam, not Judeo-Christianity, but they did develop in the same basic region from the same kind of cultures.

    7. #7
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      76
      Likes
      33
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      God put a fruit near Adam and Eve and told them not to eat it although God knew that if they did eat it he would punish every person who ever lived after that.
      Oh my. Did he never read the scriptures?

      Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

      Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

      The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]


      Putting it there was therefore the right thing to do.
      That makes no sense. Why place all those people in jeopardy? What is right about that?
      Adam and Even were the first humans, but if they hadn't eaten the fruit, none of the billions of humans that followed would have eaten one of those things.
      Quite easy when it is fruit we are talking about but it is not fruit. It is the knowledge of almost everything because almost everything is subject to good and evil.

      So are you saying we billions of intelligent humans should be as stupid as E & E were before they ate of knowledge?

      They were even too stupid to know they were naked.

      Adam and Eve had no knowledge of evil, yet they chose evil, knowing that it is evil to choose evil.
      Well that sounds stupid. Care to re-write it?

      They messed up, and that is why we wear clothes today.

      That really happened.
      Ah. You have been pulling my leg. How droll. Not.

      Regards
      DL

      Quote Originally Posted by DeviantThinker View Post
      Because Eve and hence all women are just deformed ribs?
      That Adam can't seem to do anything right. No wonder Eve took charge and did the right thing.

      It is good to become as Gods.

      Regards
      DL

      Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
      Eve also knew as well as Adam that they were not to eat the fruit. However, not only did she disobey God and eat the fruit, like Adam, but she actually convinced Adam to do it too (believing a snake's word over the word of God). That's two transgressions versus one. Whether or not you want to argue that the disobedience should have been punishable as well is something in its own right, but your argument that Eve was less guilty than Adam is wrong. Eve committed an additional transgression, Adam only committed one.
      Read that quote again. Eve was deceived and was not charged with disobedience. God said she was deceived.
      Sorry to screw up your math. Why do you think God put Satan right there with Eve?

      Adam then disobeyed and Eve did not so why did God reward Adam with dominion over Eve?

      Regards
      DL

      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      It is because the bible was written in a male dominate society that saw woman as little more than slaves, so of course that will be reflected in their writing.
      Exactly right. Religions tend to reflect the society that creates that particular God.

      Regards
      DL

      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      ^ Which is also because this:



      From this article: SHAME, THE ARAB PSYCHE, AND ISLAM

      And of course, I realize the article is focused on Islam, not Judeo-Christianity, but they did develop in the same basic region from the same kind of cultures.
      True and that looks like a find worth the read. Thanks.

      Regards
      DL
      Last edited by Mismagius; 09-11-2014 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Merged 5 posts

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      460
      DJ Entries
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
      Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

      "Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

      I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

      Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

      Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

      What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

      Regards
      DL

      Because the Bible was written by men. So it was convenient to them to excuse themselves.

    9. #9
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Gnostic, I have some free knowledge for you. Please teach it to the millions of other people on the internet who are not familiar with it.

      sat·ire
      ˈsaˌtīr/
      noun
      noun: satire

      the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
      synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;
      irony, sarcasm
      "he has become the subject of satire"
      a play, novel, film, or other work that uses satire.
      plural noun: satires
      "a stinging satire on American politics"
      synonyms: parody, burlesque, caricature, lampoon, skit;
      informalspoof, takeoff, sendup
      "a satire on Canadian politics"
      a genre of literature characterized by the use of satire.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    10. #10
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5834
      DJ Entries
      172
      Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post
      Because the Bible was written by men. So it was convenient to them to excuse themselves.
      Wow!! It sounds like you're trying to say all men are misogynists. I hope that's not what you meant - I hope it was something more along the lines of what Alric wrote.

      IN fact though I'll go one farther than anyone has yet - I think not only is it to put all the blame on Eve and make Adam come off blameless, but I think it was to imply that all men are blameless and all women can be deceitful and treacherous, therefore men need to watch them closely.

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      460
      DJ Entries
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      Wow!! It sounds like you're trying to say all men are misogynists. I hope that's not what you meant - I hope it was something more along the lines of what Alric wrote.

      IN fact though I'll go one farther than anyone has yet - I think not only is it to put all the blame on Eve and make Adam come off blameless, but I think it was to imply that all men are blameless and all women can be deceitful and treacherous, therefore men need to watch them closely.
      Don't look at me like that! Lol...I figure that 2000+ years ago that was the way things were. BTW...have you ever seen me post something emasculating?

      Somehow I posted this to my DJ by accident earlier...
      Darkmatters likes this.

    12. #12
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5834
      DJ Entries
      172
      Lol ok, just checking.

    13. #13
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      76
      Likes
      33
      Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post
      Because the Bible was written by men. So it was convenient to them to excuse themselves.
      Quite politically correct and correct.

      That and make sure women were and are second class citizens by denying women equality.

      Regards
      DL

      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Gnostic, I have some free knowledge for you. Please teach it to the millions of other people on the internet who are not familiar with it.

      sat·ire
      ˈsaˌtīr/
      noun
      noun: satire

      the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
      synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;
      irony, sarcasm
      "he has become the subject of satire"
      a play, novel, film, or other work that uses satire.
      plural noun: satires
      "a stinging satire on American politics"
      synonyms: parody, burlesque, caricature, lampoon, skit;
      informalspoof, takeoff, sendup
      "a satire on Canadian politics"
      a genre of literature characterized by the use of satire.
      One must know how to use such things and most do not have the writing skills to pull it off.

      Just so you know Ace.

      Regards
      DL
      Last edited by Mismagius; 09-11-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: merged 2 posts

    14. #14
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,615
      Likes
      963
      DJ Entries
      138
      In the myth, Adam was perhaps millions of years old before he was put to sleep and Eve was brought to him.

      Genesis 2

      18 And the LORD God said,*It is*not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an helpmeet for him.

      19*And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought*them*unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that*was*the name thereof.

      20*And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

      21*And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

      22*And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
      Adam would have gotten to know and love all those creatures, much more than any human, (that ever loved a pet) since. He would have gotten to know, what he named, even more deeply than Sir David Attenborough allows us to get to know the amimals around today.

      Watch "Sir David Attenborough on God" on YouTube
      Sir David Attenborough on God: Sir David Attenborough on God - YouTube (5:16) 99,830 views


      Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
      Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

      "Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

      I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

      Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

      Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

      What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

      Regards
      DL
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      ***
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

    15. #15
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
      One must know how to use such things and most do not have the writing skills to pull it off.

      Just so you know Ace.

      Regards
      DL
      Oh, of course that was the problem. What I wrote wasn't absurd enough, and I forgot to illustrate blatant contradictions. At least you learned something today.

      the-more-you-know-1.jpg
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 09-12-2014 at 06:53 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    16. #16
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      460
      DJ Entries
      30
      ^ Huh? Are you referring to Gnostics comment or mine or both?

    17. #17
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post
      ^ Huh? Are you referring to Gnostics comment or mine or both?
      Ha ha, why do you think I might have been referring to your comment? I quoted Gnostic.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    18. #18
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      460
      DJ Entries
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Ha ha, why do you think I might have been referring to your comment? I quoted Gnostic.

      Because he was referring to my comment I believe. Although I could be wrong, it seemed as though you were calling my comment into question as well.

    19. #19
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      76
      Likes
      33
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Oh, of course that was the problem. What I wrote wasn't absurd enough, and I forgot to illustrate blatant contradictions. At least you learned something today.

      the-more-you-know-1.jpg
      Yes, I learned that there are at least two of us who do not know what you are talking about.

      Try English and KIS. You seem to be confusing yourself and possible at least 2 others.

      Regards
      DL

    20. #20
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,615
      Likes
      963
      DJ Entries
      138
      Jesus was nothing like Saint Paul.

      When Christians search through the words of Jesus in the Gospels; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, they are often astounded by what Jesus NEVER said. Saint Paul said a lot of things that Jesus never said.

      For instance, Jesus NEVER spoke about (or against) same-sex-attracted.

      Also, Jesus had/has a VERY high opinion of women.

      ★★★

      Dr Ben Witherington: Jesus and Women: Dr Ben Witherington: Jesus and Women - YouTube

      ★★♡(8 minutes) 2738 views
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      ***
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

    21. #21
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post

      Because he was referring to my comment I believe. Although I could be wrong, it seemed as though you were calling my comment into question as well.
      He addressed both of us. I accidentally quoted where he addressed you. It's fixed now. Get some help with those straying eyes. I was never rude to you. Attempt to be decent.

      Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
      Yes, I learned that there are at least two of us who do not know what you are talking about.

      Try English and KIS. You seem to be confusing yourself and possible at least 2 others.

      Regards
      DL
      I used satire, and it went past you. I defined satire, and you acted like a child. I think it's past your bed time.
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 09-12-2014 at 06:57 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    22. #22
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      460
      DJ Entries
      30
      lol...they are rolling eyes...like OMG do I really have to explain it? Ptsh
      No worries.

    23. #23
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by kadie View Post
      lol...they are rolling eyes...like OMG do I really have to explain it? Ptsh
      No worries.
      I know. That's what I addressed.
      kadie likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    24. #24
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      76
      Likes
      33
      Let's move along gentlemen.

      Regards
      DL

    Similar Threads

    1. Hemp Exempt: The Anti-Marijuana Boy Band
      By Universal Mind in forum Entertainment
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 07-03-2014, 06:17 PM
    2. Hello, My name is Adam
      By Superadam051 in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
    3. Hi, I'm Adam
      By Devon Dumpling in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 01-23-2006, 03:36 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •