• 1 Post By Oreo
    • 3 Post By MisakaMikoto
    • 2 Post By slash112
    • 2 Post By lucidbunnie

Thread: LD Induction Tech in 2018

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points

LD Induction Tech in 2018

It's been at least a few years since I have looked into any LD induction tech, so I'm curious about how things have advanced. Instead of trying to wade through all the mess to find out for myself, I figured it could be worth asking here, since there are likely to be at least some DV forum users who closely follow such things.

What are the best devices either currently or soon to be available on the public market, and how effective are they?

How close are we now to achieving +99% induction rate via such a device?

How long do you think it will take before +99% is achieved?

Dragonborn Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Thousands
      South Carolina
      DJ Entries
      I haven't been following the technology scene very closely. As far as I know, technology relating to lucid dreaming hasn't developed much. The Remee and NovaDreamer were released over a few years ago and I don't think any other masks have been marketed since then. The most promising news I have heard was the study where lucid dreams could be induced with electric stimulation at 40hz. (You can read more about that here: https://www.livescience.com/45520-br...id-dreams.html ). That was also a few years ago though and I haven't seen anyone try to bring a brain zapper to market yet. The electric stimulation on its own has shown a 77% success rate, which is really incredible for artificially induced lucid dreaming. If you were able to combine this with mindfulness and other lucid dreaming techniques, I imagine that percentage could be much higher. I really want to see a consumer device based on electric stimulation but it has been years now without any news on that.
      Dreamzilla likes this.
      Previously known as Lucidis.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      ~400
      Warsaw
      There are two kickstarter devices that are going to be shipped quite soon

First one is iWinks's Aurora which works on the same basis that Stephen LaBerge's own lucid dreaming induction device did. It is a headband that detects whether you're in a dream (REM phase) and flashes setup by you lights color and pattern to help you become lucid.

This kind of device combined with WBTB n' MILD gives highest lucidity success rate possible according to LaBerge

Spoiler for example way to do it:

Second is one that works the way you mentioned in OP, The Luciding's LucidCatcher.
      It detects rem phase, same way as aurora but instead of lights, it zaps your brain (cerebral cortex) with safe? Alternating Current of 40 Hz
      It might be able to cause lucidity but there's no confirmation beyond one study that a lot of people called biased, so i'm skeptical about its working.
      And I don't really like idea of zapping my brain with electricity.

I don't own Aurora or any device for lucid induction though, so you won't get firsthand experience from me
      Also, both of these devices are supposed to be shipping 2018 February - March, so we might get some firsthand experiences posted around here. Both are on kickstarter and got their websites if you're looking for them.
      I'm back! Again? Uhhh..

Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
      And I don't really like idea of zapping my brain with electricity.
      I'd actually be quite happy with it.
      I feel that in the future, devices will communicate with our brains through electrical impulses (this will be massive for dream technology), so I've already come to terms with the idea of getting my brain zapped.

I actually gotta check out that LucidCatcher.

Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Multiple Realities
      DJ Entries
      I would second looking into iWinks's Aurora and Luciding's LucidCatcher, both are on the pricey side though. I heard plenty of complaints about LucidCatcher being delivered in unhygienic and unsafe conditions to testers. I'm not too sure where they are with the device right now. Aurora is still on pre-order and launch seems like it'll come late this year. I had pre-ordered iBand+ and it's supposed to ship mid this year. I'll have to use it to be sure how effective it is. Also I'd suggest to forgo the idea of almost guaranteed lucid dreams. There is no such device in the foreseeable future.
      MisakaMikoto and Dreamzilla like this.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      Thanks for the replies. I've been hoping that breakthroughs/improvements in tech like brain machine interface, VR, AI, etc, will lead to better LD induction tech. Guess I'll check back in a few more years.