• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Simplifying SSILD

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
      What’s your success rate with this? LD’s most nights?
      Honestly, I came up with this idea nearly 4 years ago and have since moved away from it. I'm no longer sure whether or not it works.

I have been having success with DEILD lately (LDs in 5 of the last 7 nights) and find it to be more efficient than this technique. At the moment, I recommend DEILD.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger Second Class Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      None
      Liverpool
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
      Honestly, I came up with this idea nearly 4 years ago and have since moved away from it. I'm no longer sure whether or not it works.

I have been having success with DEILD lately (LDs in 5 of the last 7 nights) and find it to be more efficient than this technique. At the moment, I recommend DEILD.
      DEILD really seems like a hit or miss when trying to wake up with eyes closed and body still. Even with affirmations I can still not achieve it. It’s the only problem I’m having at the moment.
      dolphin likes this.
      Formerly know as Josh.

Sleep
      Dream
      Practice
      Repeat

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      It's true that DEILD can be is hit or miss, but if attempting it enough with a high enough success rate, it can still result in a decent amount of lucid dreams. For example, if having a 25% success rate with it while attempting it an average of 4 times per night, that correlates to about one LD per night on average. I think achieving this success and attempt rate is realistic.

Here's a link to the DEILD tutorial, in case you were't previously aware of it ( DEILD .) What I've been doing to DEILD is just waking up and trying to roll my dream body out of my waking body, OBE style.

I also found DEILD to be very difficult when first trying it, but once I started experiencing success with it, I started to believe that I could do it, which I think made it easier. Expectation plays a role in DEILD because it plays a role in the creation of the dream, so expecting to fail will make failure more likely.

I think something that can help reduce this expectation of failure is focusing on the process of the technique rather than the end result and doing this process the best we can rather than trying to do it perfectly.
      Habba likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Golden Meadow
      I found this technique in October of 2023. This worked to get my second LD. So pretty stocked and pursuing this method further.

I have been doing three sets of sight, sound, awareness inside my body, one breath each for three times, followed by abut 30 seconds each, same cycle. I do this before going to bed, and again any time I wake up.

I like that there is no 'penalty' if you move or what not. Catch myself drifting sometimes. Wonder if on one of those drifts I might arrive in a LD, hoping so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2