• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By DorianMask

Thread: Places called moon studios

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class

DJ Entries

Places called moon studios

This is a very strange dream. It begins where me and my brother are exploring this somewhat rural area. There is snow on the ground. We enter a small forest on the outskirts of town. I have a sensation we are in a foreign country (ie not the US). It is dusk outside and we begin walking down this small path into the woods. In the woods we find a strange building that looks a bit industrial. It's built right on the edge of a ravine. At this point, it's almost impossible to see outside, but we see a glowing light inside the industrial windows. The front of the building doesn't really look industrial though like the rest of it does. It has a sign that says something like "xxxxxxx Moon Studio". The front door is open, so we enter the building. When we get inside, I see people there that I know in the dream (not in real life). At this point it is clear we are in some Asian country. I suspect it must be Korea because of the snow and what's in there. It's the weirdest concept, but I actually really kind of like the idea. Basically, in the dream, I remember that there are these things called Moon Studios. They are a place where people go to learn mental discipline/meditation in hard circumstances. There is a huge circular metal platform on the floor. It's as big as the room (which is probably like 30-50 ft wide). On the platform there are several beds arranged around the edge of the circle. The whole platform is motorized and can turn at tremendous speeds (it usually goes slow though). You lay in the bed with your partner (nothing sexual or weird - some are just friends) and the whole floor begins spinning. The idea is that you're meant to meditate to make the uncomfortability and dizziness go away. There is a moon in the center of the room that you can focus on to help with it, but it seems like sometimes it isn't there or it's on the wall instead. When it's on the wall, it gets much harder.
      It seems like some kind of traditional thing in this country. Most of the people in there are Asian. They all have a very relaxed and kind vibe to them except one of them who steals the controls and makes the room spin way to fast. One of the girls starts crying, so I have to pull the control out of his hand and turn it down.
      I feel like we went there multiple times, but I can't remember the details.

Anyway, this seems like a really cool concept to me. I don't know if it would actually work or not, but it's really strange.

Visionary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Beginning again
      DJ Entries
      Monroe talks about there being places or focus levels where sleeping people are congregated to all observe one great light which instills in them lessons they are in need of for their waking life. This seems strikingly similar. I believe such locales exist in many forms
      "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
      I am more than I think am, I can become much more than that even

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DorianMask View Post
      Monroe talks about there being places or focus levels where sleeping people are congregated to all observe one great light which instills in them lessons they are in need of for their waking life. This seems strikingly similar. I believe such locales exist in many forms
      That's interesting, but who's Monroe? I don't hang around here too much so I'm not aware.

Visionary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Beginning again
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Synaps3 View Post
      That's interesting, but who's Monroe? I don't hang around here too much so I'm not aware.
      Robert Monroe is a pretty popular writer regarding the out-of-body experience. He has several books that are written as his narrative/ journeys through the astral and the entities he meets there. He founded The Monroe Institute to study the phenomena and inspired generations of travelers. I do not recall which book he had the experience of the many sleeping dreamers all standing around watching the orb. But all 3 of his books are classics, highly recommended.
      Hilary likes this.
      "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
      I am more than I think am, I can become much more than that even