• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      USA

Lucid Task for the month of June 2006

Introduction:

This topic is for the Lucid Tasks I assigned this month. During this month, attempt one or both of the tasks.

There will be a badge for each task, however both cannot be displayed simultaneously.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets a custom title until the end of the month. (Note, if you are staff, we cannot give you a custom title, it would override your staff title)

Those that complete the tasks have the right to add the GIFs to their signatures when this month has ended.

Tasks for this month:

Lucid Task: Catch a butterfly.

Advanced Lucid task: Turn into a caterpillar and make your cocoon.

NOTE: I will be on vacation from June 12 through June 19 and will most likely not be logging into DV. All of you that complete the task, please be patient, I will reward you with your badges as soon after the 19th as I can.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

cool tasks..especially the advanced!

thanks for finding the time to post them seeker...glad you get a vacation soon to regenerate, and forget about the business/busyness of life for a little while

------

the simple task is actually perfect, because just yesterday i was seriously attempting to discover my totem animal...and it seems to be either a deer, or butterfly (hehe, some "power animal", eh?)

so i was planning on trying to contact either type of animal in my dream...

hopefully i won't have to "catch" a butterfly...it'll come of its own volition and settle on my hand or something.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” (or better yet: three...)
      George Bernard Shaw

No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker. - Mikhail Bakunin

Hatin' on whole wheat ilovefrootloopz's Avatar
      LD Count
      ~150
      Ontario
      DJ Entries
      What if the cacoon is a stinging cacoon, like in InuYasha, and I have an entire Lucid Dream of total pain

And what if I eat the butterfly?

L'enfant terrible Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Somewhere inbetween a dream and a nightmare
      DJ Entries
      Not to be picky, but it's spelt 'caterpillar'
      Bring back images in the signature bar

Banned
      Does it count if you became a caterpie, and evolved into a metapod? Then caught a Butterfree?

Well, I do recall, I was out in the wilderness catching different things, and I even pet some caterpillers. Then I caught a butterfly, blowing on it when it was trapped between my hands. That butterfly got ticked off at me. I then morphed myself into a Tiger Caterpiller. I ate a lot, and killed a lot of people with my poisonous spikes. Then I used my string shot, and became a cocoon, then a Tiger Butterfly.
      I then had a LD similar to that, except it was Pokemon.

And I was really wondering why I imagined myself becoming a caterpillar/caterpie.

Can I please get credit, Seeka?

Gez
      Wales.
      Oh come on nesgirl , give it a rest.
      At least be truthfull, you always seem to have done the exact thing the dream tasks ask you and in the saem dream.
      Our dreams are firsthand creations, rather than residues of waking life. We have the capacity for infinite creativity.

Banned
      Originally posted by Gez
      Oh come on nesgirl , give it a rest. *
      At least be truthfull, you always seem to have done the exact thing the dream tasks ask you and in the saem dream.
      Hey! I happen to be a Caterpillar collector, and if I find one, I will raise it.
      Not only that, at Crescent Viewan camp 2 years ago, we did a thing where we were caterpillars.

What, do you think I am lying? I can't help it if I LD about something, and it happens to be the LD task!

Gez
      Wales.
      sorry im just jelous
      Our dreams are firsthand creations, rather than residues of waking life. We have the capacity for infinite creativity.

you guys are all on drugs -.-'.... i dont mean to sounds mean, but the tasks seem boring... the old ones were cool! eat the sun, destroy a building with your bare hands, crap out an egg (lets do it together, cause you cant spell anus without spelling us!)...... anyway... ill still try them.... but they seem a tad... stupid. grrr...
      Gettin back into the swing of things...
      long time dreamer
      I <3 Ophelia, cause shes supa awesome
      Raised by OpheliaBlue

Gez
      Wales.
      MAKE it exiting then.... for example try to catch a GIANT butterfly with a gun or harpoon or something while on the roof of a speeding jeep,or become a killer catipiller or even the one from alice in wonderland and get high , make it your own.

LD Count
      ~150
      Ontario
      DJ Entries
      How about ride on a giant butterfly, like you would a giant bird?

That would be cool

USA
      Originally posted by dreamer3
      you guys are all on drugs -.-'.... i dont mean to sounds mean, but the tasks seem boring... the old ones were cool! eat the sun, destroy a building with your bare hands, crap out an egg (lets do it together, cause you cant spell anus without spelling us!)...... anyway... ill still try them.... but they seem a tad... stupid. grrr...
      Sorry Dreamer3. It may seem boring to you, but peoples subconcious minds seem to morph even a simple task like catching a butterfly into interesting adventures, just wait and see.
      -gandhi

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      I'm going for a giant butterfly.

Excellent idea, Gez.

Hmmm, or maybe even a mutant humanoid butterfly even, and chase him while flying, maybe even fight him in mid-air, hmmmmm.....the possibilities...
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      I thought these sounded fun D= ?? but then again I love catching butterflies in real life - or holding them at least

I get to be a chubby caterpillar and gorge on leaves - mmmmmmmmm!

*wonders if she'll get DISTRACTED again*

LD Count
      ~150
      Ontario
      DJ Entries
      If you touch a butterfly's wings they won't be able to fly well/at all anymore. I'll see what happens in a dream.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      in real life, I have the butterfly walk onto my hand - why not try that instead?

Barned Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      The Second Plateau
      The thing is, try to catch the butterfly some interesting way, not just with a net.
      Cheis. Dailo.
      It's tough to bring someone back that never really lived.

I think the advanced task is awesome. Maybe I could go in with a chainsaw or something to get myself out, or turn into the butterfly and fly out. Or maybe a butterfly/human hybrid. Lots of things you can do with this one.

Adopted by: Billybob_001

Banned
      I almost completed the task (the DoG task, that is!)...but here is what I had in terms of completion:
      LD
      I was in a field full of butterflies, and my younger self appeared, saying it was really fun to catch them, and remembering the Dreamin of Gamin task, I catch one, but it had evil red eyes on its wings, and started to glow. I then became a caterpillar, trying as hard as I could to eat food. I then make myself a cacoon by sheding my skin, and just as I am ready to hatch into a butterfly with yellow wings, I hear someone yelling, and it surprised me and woke me up!

Flipping darn it! I did not complete it yet, but soon I will!

Iconoclast
      Phoenix improper
      I'm just curious, how does a cocoon actually form? I don't want to turn into a caterpillar and run into technical difficulties, stringing my cocoon up on a tree branch without any arms.

USA
      Originally posted by Distant Clone
      I'm just curious, how does a cocoon actually form? I don't want to turn into a caterpillar and run into technical difficulties, stringing my cocoon up on a tree branch without any arms.
      Here is a good start depending on what kind of caterpillor you are...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoon_%28silk%29
      -gandhi

He will have his revenge Aphius's Avatar
      Halloween Town
      If you don't want to get techincal, maybe you could just wrap yourself in a leaf or something and make it harden into a cocoon.

You could also just see if you could find Spiderman and get him to string you up in a web cocoon or something.

All this is possible.
      These are the tears that I dream about...

Originally posted by megabenman
      How about ride on a giant butterfly, like you would a giant bird?

That would be cool
      Or a giant dragon! Or butterfly, whatever...
      "All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you." -Gandalf

Master Dragon Rider.

apdopted: Momoshun and Tavasion

Banned
      Technically, it depends on whether you want to become a butterfly, or a moth. Caterpillars that become butterflies will shed their skin and reveal their crysallis underneath (butterflies come out of crysallis', moths come out of cacoons), whereas, caterpillars that become cacoons release a strand of silk they use to become cacoons, and they then shed their skins inside the cacoon.

LD Count
      ~150
      Ontario
      DJ Entries
      Just watch pokemon and all your questions will be answered
      My Polyphasic Sleep Blog
      Please offer your support

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast