• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

5 eyes, Four Arms? Is it possible? I try to explain how-to here.

So I was reading an article about how even though we have two eyes, we only see one scene, but with a slight sense of the 3D aspect of them. This is why we can avoid running into many objects in settings such as a house.

Then I remembered reading an article about someone with a sixth finger, and being able to move it just like any other finger.

Now since you are reading this voluntarily, I will take that as your permission to mess with your mind, more specifically your dreams.

I had a dream to where I had 4 arms, and I could use them all freely just as I use these two arms, and ten fingers to type out information.

Now that I have your attention:

----

We are going to try to get you to have a dream where you can add more arms, legs, heads, mouths, noses, eyes, anything.

Our brains are like computers, except instead of a mouse and keyboard, we have hands and legs, instead of a webcam and microphone, we have eyes and ears. We can plug in many input devices into a computer, such as multiple webcams and get different views, and more than one speaker as well, right?

So I think its time you experiment and try to add a new input. If you believe it is possible, then it will become possible in your dreams!

While dreaming, try to enter a mode of Lucidity by your own means ( I have only done it once accidentally so you're on your own there ).

Then walk into a bathroom (we want to make this as EASY as possible and as believable for your subconscious as well,) and then look into the mirror.

You can see yourself clearly, no?

Then close your eyes and don't forget to close your 3rd eye. What? A third eye? Yes! don't forget the one behind your head. Now imagine what you would see behind you, the shower perhaps? and what you would also see in front of you.

Now open your eyes, first the one in the back of your neck and see the shower! (might want to remember to put that hair up and out of your eye too! And then the regular two, and see what is in front of you as well as what is behind you.

Now there are two ways to do this, either to combine the 3rd eye's perspective into your two normal eyes' vision.

Or to think of yourself as viewing two computer screens that display what your eyes see.

It is very hard to do and I have only done it once by accident, So good luck and good dreaming!

----

As for having four arms or something of that sort, just pretend that they were numb and close your eyes and shake them about and get them feeling again.

----

Tell me if its possible for you, I am still working on recall :)
      Last edited by Androxity; 01-06-2009 at 11:16 AM.
      My Current LD Goals:
      [ ] Fly [ X ] Simple Telekinesis [ ] Teleportation [ ] See my dead cousin [ ] Travel Far [ ] Enjoy a nice coconut on a sandy beach [ ] Watch the sunset

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      you should NOT close eyes of any sorts in dreams- that will cause you to wake up from the LD. other than that cool idea.
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

DJ Entries
      I've heard it possible to have 360 vision. To do that, I'd probably transform myself into one of those decorative mirror balls people put in their lawns.

Nice thinking. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by yuriythebest View Post
      you should NOT close eyes of any sorts in dreams- that will cause you to wake up from the LD. other than that cool idea.
      Not true.

Dreams are based on expectations and schema. You are propagating a schema that could limit us.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Central West Virginia, USA
      DJ Entries
      Awesome idea. I'll try it!

As for closing your eyes in dreams......
      I have had recurring dreams of being in a large house, exploring. I'll become unbearably sleepy. I'm not lucid, but I think of the dream as real life and if I allow myself to fall asleep in the dream I know I'll wake up- but not to "real life" but some dream. I don't want that to happen, so I fight it, but eventually my limbs become weighted and I can't help but go to sleep. And when I do, I do indeed wake up.
      But I've randomly closed my eyes during other dreams and I don't wake up. But my vision isn't completely ended either (that "3rd eye" is still wide open lol).

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      sorry I meant opening eyes
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

California
      This is actually a very intriguing and foreign concept. Extra limbs, eyes, et cetera probably aren't high on the list of controlled-wants in a dream, but I definitely think they should be explored.

Here's where I get lost, though; wouldn't you have to somehow experience or at least get a grasp on how 360 vision would work, in reality? Otherwise, in your dream, wouldn't you just be seeing everything... at once? Seems like there'd be more confusion... but I have no idea, really.

This is actually a very intriguing and foreign concept. Extra limbs, eyes, et cetera probably aren't high on the list of controlled-wants in a dream, but I definitely think they should be explored.

Here's where I get lost, though; wouldn't you have to somehow experience or at least get a grasp on how 360 vision would work, in reality? Otherwise, in your dream, wouldn't you just be seeing everything... at once? Seems like there'd be more confusion... but I have no idea, really.
      Thanks, I thought it would be a fun idea as well. The thing is, there is a LOT of creativity on this forum, but I saw some definite things lacking, and it is one of my goals to introduce new concepts to all us dreamers out there.

Also, a good way to get a grasp of this is if you have a webcam for example, you can turn it on and view almost 180 degrees behind you and then also see in front of you as well! This is how I have been trying.

Also I remember one of my funnest dreams was after watching the Matrix, I was standing on top of a building, and then the next thing I knew I thought, "hey I'll pull a neo" then I jumped off the building and watched the ground flying up really fast and as I'm getting ready to hit the ground I start to kneel and then hit the ground and watched the ripple effect flow from the crater made by my impact.

I guess up until now my LDs have been accidental? Not even sure if I would call them LDs either because I went along with the way the dream was going, or I really didn't think "Hey, I'm dreaming."
      My Current LD Goals:
      [ ] Fly [ X ] Simple Telekinesis [ ] Teleportation [ ] See my dead cousin [ ] Travel Far [ ] Enjoy a nice coconut on a sandy beach [ ] Watch the sunset

Once I had two right arms (or right hands) in a lucid dream after doing my usual reality-check (see avatar) ; I tried to control them independently but I couldn't, both would move in parallel. Same thing when I managed to keep the extra fingers after the RC...

But I'm not good at focusing on a task very long in a LD; I'm sure that with a little bit more perseverance I could control those extra limbs. I'll try again (If I remember to) !
      Dec. 2006 - July 2007:
      92 DILDs + 30 WILDs ; 75% too short, 24% decent, ~3 of 2 to 5 minutes
      (I stopped counting after that)

Quote Originally Posted by MindDaguerreotype View Post
      Once I had two right arms (or right hands) in a lucid dream after doing my usual reality-check (see avatar) ; I tried to control them independently but I couldn't, both would move in parallel. Same thing when I managed to keep the extra fingers after the RC...

But I'm not good at focusing on a task very long in a LD; I'm sure that with a little bit more perseverance I could control those extra limbs. I'll try again (If I remember to) !
      That is amazing! You have one of the hardest parts down

Now to believe that those limbs actually belong to you, and believe you've always been able to use them.

Good luck! If you have any more results don't be shy in letting us know.
      My Current LD Goals: