• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: Glad to be here

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered
      UK

Glad to be here

Hi, i'm new to this place, always had an interest in dreams and possible interpretations of them etc.

I'm fascinated by dreams, wether they are my own or someone else describing theirs, though most my friends tend to think i'm a little odd when i've told them some of the stuff i've dreamt before, so tend to keep them to myself but would really like to hear of other peoples and discuss my own here.

Will be starting a thread shortly talking about a weird dream i had just a couple of nights ago.

Anyways hello to you all and hopefully we can have many insightful discussions

Until the Very End
      LD Count
      Shh!
      DJ Entries
      Hey there, and welcome to DV!

I think a lot of people here have experience with trying to explain to people how amazing dreams in general can be and getting "you must be cray . . ." looks. Too many people just don't understand.

But anyway, I hope you have a lot of fun here!
      ~ until the very end

Prone to AWOL Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ~A lot
      Buffalo
      DJ Entries
      Hi MaskedMan, welcome to the forums!

If you want to discuss dreams you've had, especially recent ones, I suggest you start a dream journal, or DJ. If you haven't already, it's exactly what it sounds like, a journal in which you write any dreams that you had that night. There's a section on the forum for it (up at the top) if you want to share your dreams or if you have any questions about it, since you can just link to your DJ entry instead of re-typing it all out. DJs also help improve your dream recall and can help you identify dream signs, or recurring themes/objects/people throughout your dreams. These can help a lot when trying to have lucid dreams.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! People here are very welcoming and will be happy to try and help you out
      Have a question? Send me a pm.

...We are all connected...

Multiple Induction Technique (MIT) - Consistently have several lucids each night!

2016 TotY: Dragon [ ] Fairy [ ] Unicorn [ ] Gnome [ ] Leprechaun [ ] Phoenix [ ] Chimera [ ]

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered
      UK
      Thank you two for the welcome and i certainly will look into the Dream Journal thing, it's something i used to do a lot in real life, had a note pad and a pencil right by my bed but just kind of got out of it.

Maybe it will get me back into it

Completely off topic, or not considering what this site is about but i find it strange i can remember dreams i had over 10 years ago quite clearly yet sometimes i can't remember what i dreamt last night.

Prone to AWOL Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ~A lot
      Buffalo
      DJ Entries
      Dreams can be a bit finicky to remember. I vividly remember some dreams that I had when I was 8, and yet I don't recall any from last night (my recall isn't that great ). It's a lot like normal, waking memories. There are somethings you remember from your childhood and yet sometimes you can hardly remember what you ate for breakfast. Some things/events leave bigger impacts on us than others, and as such our brain records these more major events better than other, more trivial things.

Granted there's probably random, seemingly insignificant things you can remember from both waking life and dreams, but hey, the mind can be a funny thing sometimes.
      Have a question? Send me a pm.

...We are all connected...

Multiple Induction Technique (MIT) - Consistently have several lucids each night!

2016 TotY: Dragon [ ] Fairy [ ] Unicorn [ ] Gnome [ ] Leprechaun [ ] Phoenix [ ] Chimera [ ]

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered
      UK
      Very true, a few dreams i remember from being a kid, one was i dreamt about the Grim Reaper but he had holes in the top of his head and it was filled with fluid, grossed me out as a kid lol, another one i remember from being a young kid which is kind of funny when you think about it but i dreamt i was a giant bin xD

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Welcome to DVs!

You will sure then enjoy our Dream Interpretation section
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges