• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      Member Vampyre's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario Canada
      Posts
      285
      Likes
      1

      New Song - Vocalist Wanted

      I don't do anything with lyrics. So if you can sing or even write lyrics, I wanna hear from you. I don't have anything particular in mind about the lyrics, so I'm open to anything. Even if you don't normally do anything for this kind of music, that only creates opportunity for something unique.

      And otherwise enjoy the tunes

      Here's the song I made: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/300744

      Any comments/criticism welcome.

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      silkskinpaws's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      29
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
      I don't do anything with lyrics. So if you can sing or even write lyrics, I wanna hear from you. I don't have anything particular in mind about the lyrics, so I'm open to anything. Even if you don't normally do anything for this kind of music, that only creates opportunity for something unique.

      And otherwise enjoy the tunes

      Here's the song I made: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/300744

      Any comments/criticism welcome.
      I kinda like it, even though it's not my genre at all! =) What kind of singing do you have in mind..?

    3. #3
      Member Vampyre's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario Canada
      Posts
      285
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by silkskinpaws View Post
      I kinda like it, even though it's not my genre at all! =) What kind of singing do you have in mind..?
      I don't have anything in mind for the lyrics/singing style. If you can sing and you're interested at all, then feel free to send me some of your work ( [email protected] ). I've heard good metal music with all kinds of different singers, so anything could work out well. Plus, it'd go along with the title "Hybrid."

    4. #4
      Hippie Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      AbstractAsylum's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      74
      Likes
      2
      DJ Entries
      1
      Hello.

      It was really good, especially when the clean guitar came in. The only problem I found was that some parts sounded out of time, so when you're recording without a drum track playing, make sure to use a metronome. I really did like it though.

      Another thing is, if you don't have a singer, you could always record some kickass leads over it.

      Awesome rhythm playing. Post more please. ^_^

    5. #5
      Member Vampyre's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario Canada
      Posts
      285
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAsylum View Post
      Hello.

      It was really good, especially when the clean guitar came in. The only problem I found was that some parts sounded out of time, so when you're recording without a drum track playing, make sure to use a metronome. I really did like it though.

      Another thing is, if you don't have a singer, you could always record some kickass leads over it.

      Awesome rhythm playing. Post more please. ^_^
      I have some other songs uploaded, but they're not the same style at all. If you're interested, here are some links:

      In Waiting - http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/140002
      The Memories - http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/197362
      Painting Clouds - http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/140162

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      276
      Likes
      21
      Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
      I don't do anything with lyrics. So if you can sing or even write lyrics, I wanna hear from you. I don't have anything particular in mind about the lyrics, so I'm open to anything. Even if you don't normally do anything for this kind of music, that only creates opportunity for something unique.

      And otherwise enjoy the tunes

      Here's the song I made: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/300744

      Any comments/criticism welcome.
      I actually listen to blues mainly,

      but my advice would be:

      the intro is a little long, and can get repetitive. maybe cut it from 46 seconds to 23 seconds

      add a 2-3 second scream after 23 seconds
      add a guitar solo after that clean guitar

      from what little experience i have with metal music, thats all the insight i can offer you. the only real problem i had was the intro, the rest of the song stays interesting. good work

      Last edited by Dreams4free; 01-14-2010 at 07:56 PM.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •